Notices

Ducks at Blooz 5pm Pacific

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2013, 04:48 AM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 902
wow, i said he cost us the overtime, didn't mean to bench him or demand he retire...thats overkill based on one really bad choice.

that said, i don't like him on the first line, palms or belesky should be up there with ryan until we get perry back (i think selanne would really benefit from not being against the top defenders). then i think it should be palms, they were heating up when he took that head shot.

blues are beat up too, but they are still a good team and we took them to ot. i'm happy with the point and can't wait for next game. this season has been outstanding so far.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:50 AM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
How was Steckel other than FO's 64%?
i liked him on the 4th line. played safe and got some chances. not much more you can ask except maybe play that big ass body of his a bit more but meh. ill take a line i don't cringe at when they are on the ice any day.

Old
03-17-2013, 07:12 AM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
How was Steckel other than FO's 64%?
I really liked him.

Guy is huge. He still looked little ''out''. But it`s his first game as a Duck, and if i`m not mistaken, he got to meet with the team only on gameday.
There were plays when the puck didn`t wanted to be on his stick, when it bounced away, but t wasn`t a problem for him because he have pretty nice reach and body to pretect the puck.
He will only get better i think. And i really liked what i saw from the 4th line of Bmac-Steckel-Etem. I think they spent more time attacking than defending. Would be nice to see some consistency on the 4th line instead of juggling it every game

Old
03-17-2013, 09:32 AM
Getz2perry

only watched half of the game... idk this is a tough stretch of games without perry i was hoping to go .500 so far were at 750.

Fowler needs to get a goal man i feel for him .

and etem a legend? wtf? Theres very few players that deserve to be called legends and etem at his best does not make that list.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:39 AM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

I would like to see a top line

Plamieri - Getzlaf - Etem

Palmieri really benefited from having the sharp passes from Getzlaf, right now Etem is doing everything right besides being snake bitten. I think this would give him a bit more room to work with more players focused on the other two.

Once Bonino and Perry are back Selanne needs a break, all the older defence get rotated, and he should to. He even mentioned that this is the first time in his career he actually feels tired after games not bad if your only playing 3 games but 4 or 5 in a week guys need to take breaks, especially at his age.

Palmieri - Getzlaf - Etem
Ryan - Holland - Selanne
Winnik - Koivu - Cogs
Mcmillian - Steckel - Belesky

Problem is, Selanne is a pure offensive player, he doesn't PK, hit, backcheck. If he isn't putting up points his spot on the team is fairely useless

Old
03-17-2013, 09:49 AM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Etem is taking on roles we never expected. Kid is a studd and will BE a legend in Anaheim. Give him respect and time to make his way up to 2nd line status.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
better way of putting it lol

Old
03-17-2013, 10:59 AM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
and etem a legend? wtf? Theres very few players that deserve to be called legends and etem at his best does not make that list.
Don`t listen to a guy who calls Teemu a ''piece of sh'' after few rough games.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:02 AM
snowave

come to think of it, did Bobby Ryan even play last night? He seemed invisible.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
My point exactly. That pass would of been better as a shot BLOCKED than a stupid pass by Selanne.
Everyone ****s up sooner or later. Get over it. It's part of hockey. Teemu has made countless "smart" passes this season too. Things you are saying are disrespectful to the point that I almost wish Teemu were shipped to Winnipeg where they'd appreciate how fortunate they are to see him still play.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowave View Post
He made that nifty move after getting puck from Getz, but he mishandled the puck and didn`t used that opportunitY made by himself and Getz. And he collided with Sobotka and at one time i was worried, but he seemed ok after. I think Ryan also drawed a penalty. Even though there was a high stick, Ryan seemed to show some extra to referee. I dunno, saw that only once and wasn`t paying 100% attention.

Ryan and Teemu both have been pretty bad last few games. Fatigue isn`t the Ryans case, which is probably for Teemu.
But Ryan should be fine, he`s trying. That could be only some mental stuff, but when he`s back on track, he should be fine to score some highlight reel goals and stomp some feets for ****s sake

Old
03-17-2013, 12:04 PM
2faded

If someone could actually find every single chance where Ryan beat the goalie going backhand to forehand, i'd bet a lot of money that more than half of those the puck rolled off his stick on the forehand and he missed the open net.

Teemu was pretty bad and he's starting to be a liability. But some people are overreacting quite a bit. My problem is that he damn well knows what passes he should be making and which ones he shouldn't and he's still making the risky ones. And doing it softly!

New drinking game. Take a shot everytime Teemu goes offside.

On a positive note, we are still way ahead of everyone and on the heels of Chicago.

Last edited by 2faded: 03-17-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old
03-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Bodacious Wits
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Ryan's switched off again. Soon enough one of his overcomplicated dangles will work and he'll be great for a game or two.

But we shouldn't bench him. I dunno how a team that's 7-0-3 benches anybody. There's no one better waiting in the wings. This must be the least satisfied fan base of a 20-3 team in the history of fandom. (although that's a pretty narrow category). This happens once never-y so often.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:25 PM
2faded

Yea we are probably being too negative since we have done so well. But, I think a lot of people see that we really havent played like a team thats 20-3-4 at all. We are winning a lot of games that we shouldn't and im not so sure we can continue that. We are very lucky to have two #1 goalies at this point.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:42 PM
DaDucks

Quote:
I'll give u a pass since your new to ducks hockey

Old
03-17-2013, 12:43 PM
snowave

I have to remind myself to keep it in perspective sometimes.: )I wasn't horribly upset about last night.

However, I'm getting frustrated with the inconsistencies of Ryan probably more than anyone. Everyone goes through slumps and streaks, but this guy should be consistently playing better than he has... especially for the 5m or whatever he's getting a year. He's been around long enough in the league now that he should have a more steady level of play, imo.

As far as Teemu... I'm just more sad than anything else. It's not his fault he's having a tough time keeping up physically this year... but as everyone else has said, it's becoming a liability now.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:49 PM
DaDucks

And yet getzlafs 0 shot attempts goes unmentioned

Old
03-17-2013, 12:50 PM
2faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
And yet getzlafs 0 shot attempts goes unmentioned
Yes, and it should. I don't think Getzlaf needs to be faulted for anything so far this season. Plenty of people have games with no shots.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:53 PM
DaDucks

Quote:
I have to remind myself to keep it in perspective sometimes.: )I wasn't horribly upset about last night.

However, I'm getting frustrated with the inconsistencies of Ryan probably more than anyone. Everyone goes through slumps and streaks, but this guy should be consistently playing better than he has... especially for the 5m or whatever he's getting a year. He's been around long enough in the league now that he should have a more steady level of play, imo.

As far as Teemu... I'm just more sad than anything else. It's not his fault he's having a tough time keeping up physically this year... but as everyone else has said, it's becoming a liability now.

Weird I thought bobby was killing it with Perry and Getz last couple of weeks..

He's not a top 15 player in the league

Old
03-17-2013, 12:58 PM
DaDucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
Yes, and it should. I don't think Getzlaf needs to be faulted for anything so far this season. Plenty of people have games with no shots.
Right. I agree... It's just the same thing over and over again if the ducks don't win... Bobby is always first in line to be thrown under the bus...

Old
03-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Bodacious Wits
Porkins the White

Quote:
Weird I thought bobby was killing it with Perry and Getz last couple of weeks..

He's not a top 15 player in the league
That's a pretty neat trick, since they were only together for 3 games.

He's not a top 15 player.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:10 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Sucks we didn't get 2 pts from the blues but we're 7-0-3 in our last 10.... That ain't bad. So everyone put down the torches and lets see how they do tomorrow versus the sharks.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:14 PM
DaDucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
That's a pretty neat trick, since they were only together for 3 games.

He's not a top 15 player.
Thought we were talking about comsistency... 6 points in those three games??? Think we found the key...

No tricks here

Yet

30 goals year in and year out might fall in there too

This is just too easy for me

Old
03-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Bodacious Wits
Porkins the White

Quote:
Thought we were talking about comsistency... 6 points in those three games??? Think we found the key...

No tricks here

Yet

30 goals year in and year out might fall in there too

This is just too easy for me
There are a lot of nice descriptions you could give of Ryan, but consistency isn't one of them.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:42 PM
DaDucks

Wonder how that will hold up in a poll on the main boards?

Title: is 30 goals per season=consistent goal scorer?

My money would be on "yes"

Perhaps that might have something to do with all the trade requests year in and year out... Perhaps they see something in Ryan that we don't... Yet we decline most of the proposals too... I'm confused

Closed Thread