Notices

Bruins beat Caps 4 - 1!!!

Old
03-16-2013, 04:43 PM
bruinsfan46

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
All of this caps whining I'm sure wont make an impact on the Main board.

If the roles were reversed and it was Julien crying to the media, there would already be a 6 page thread about it.
Exactly what I said. There is no fanbase to the Capitals like the Canucks and Habs fansbases are to the Bruins so Alzner and Oates comments die quietly.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Did they show the Adam Oates tribute on TV ? It was very classy. It had to feel good to Adam. Nice that the Garden faithful gave him a standing ovation.

03-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Nose Face Killah
It's Tuukka Time

Screaming "OVI YOU SUCK" to Ovechkin as I was leaving, was the best thing about the game. He must have heard me. A fan sitting right next to us got thrown out for yelling to the Caps backup goalie "IF YOU WERE ANY GOOD YOU'D BE PLAYING"

Nose Face Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:49 PM
sooshii
Living the dream

Washington Times
Quote:
Ribeiro could be seen jawing at a young fan from the penalty box who made a crying face at him

sooshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:49 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

ovechkin's probably crying right now, man.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Nose Face Killah
It's Tuukka Time

During the 3rd period an "OVI SUCKS" chant broke out. Felt like a WWE Event

Nose Face Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:53 PM
flannelman
default user

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
Washington Times

Only caught parts of this one (was at the bar). Was able to turn around to see the 2nd goal and then Horton and Marchand's fights. Hoping B's in 2 is on soon.

Sounds like they played they way they are supposed to based on all of your comments - they need to do that tomorrow, too.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

The fact that that whinebag team knocked the Bruins out of the playoffs last season amazed me even more after today. I thought Alzner was a healthy scratch, but apparently he played. You know the Bruins played their game when the opposition is crying like this post-game. Unless it's the Habs, who spill continuous tears regardless of the situation.

Topshelf8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:58 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segchise View Post
Comparing a teenage Lucic not fighting Laraque in a playoff game to Hendricks today is a ridiculous reach.
It was a poor example. All I'm saying is that everything here is generally black and white. When McQuaid declined a fight earlier this season (had no problem with that), the posts here were all "Oh, smart play Quaider, really smart to not take the bait". Yet, when McQuaid (or whoever else) is trying to go and someone else declines, it is always, 100% of the time here a "cowardly" move. Now, some will say the situations are different each time, yet the responses here are the same every time. The point is that not every fight and situation is black and white, and calling a guy who fought twice in a game (once against a really good fighter) chicken **** and a spot picker is just inaccurate.

I'll ask you, do you think Hendricks was being a spot picker today/chicken ****?

EastCoastNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:59 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

Just saw the replay of the fights and missed the 2nd and 3rd period. I'm assuming Horton was okay after the fight; his TOI is pretty low compared to his linemates.

Nice effort by that line today though; they looked stellar in the first period, and apparently kept it going all game.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:59 PM
EastCoastNiner

Anyways, lets hope for a huge Bruins win tomorrow.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:01 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastNiner View Post
It was a poor example. All I'm saying is that everything here is generally black and white. When McQuaid declined a fight earlier this season (had no problem with that), the posts here were all "Oh, smart play Quaider, really smart to not take the bait". Yet, when McQuaid (or whoever else) is trying to go and someone else declines, it is always, 100% of the time here a "cowardly" move. Now, some will say the situations are different each time, yet the responses here are the same every time. The point is that not every fight and situation is black and white, and calling a guy who fought twice in a game (once against a really good fighter) chicken **** and a spot picker is just inaccurate.

I'll ask you, do you think Hendricks was being a spot picker today/chicken ****?
If Hendricks fought Horton clean then I wouldn't have a problem if he didn't want to fight in the third. But after turning everybody down all game then he gets the jump on Horton and is punching him before Horton's gloves are off then damn right he has to answer for that.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 05:02 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytownhockey10 View Post
Hey Karl.....

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

I didn't see (it was across the ice) what set off Marchy and Ribiero? Ribiero (sp ?) is such a slimy rat.

I hope the B's rest up tonight (are they flying tonight ?). I Really want then to BEAT the Pens tomorrow.

So maybe all of the Ference, Looch and Horton haters will quiet down for a day anyway.

Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
Just in from the game...

Looch,DK and Nasty Nate were looking good. Nate was so pissed off today . Looch made a couple of beautiful passes from behind the net.

Dobby was excellent.

Andy Ference had a very good game. Loved his goal. Nice to see that smile.

Ovi is such an ass. I yelled at him a couple of times "Sid is so much better that you". He is no team guy.

Also yelled at Ribeiro " You slimy Hab". Good for Marchy.

Wally , you asked: "...You seeing any reaction on the bench for some of the late Cap hits?" The B's were really chatting it up on the bench. They took numbers.

Johnny B was ok thankfully.
Good for Andy! I like Ference, and I know he has taken lots of (deserved) heat from the fans this year, so it was good to see him get a nice goal today...and he played very solid on defense too.
Glad to see Boychuk is OK...he had a rough game.
and Dobby is looking good as a steady back-up goalie.

P.S. I'd take Crosby on the Bruins any day, but I wouldn't want Ovi.

bobbyorr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 05:04 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Guess he hasn't seen many jokes.

Love it.

Shouldn't someone make a crying gesture?

Encore!

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 05:05 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
If Hendricks fought Horton clean then I wouldn't have a problem if he didn't want to fight in the third. But after turning everybody down all game then he gets the jump on Horton and is punching him before Horton's gloves are off then damn right he has to answer for that.
Fair enough, but I'd assume you'd have no problem with Marchand needing to answer and fight twice in today's game after he got a punch off before Ribeiro had his gloves off? What about Horton needing to answer for throwing a punch while Henricks was on the ice?

Again, I have no problem with anything that happened today, but the hypocrisy here is absurd sometimes.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:07 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyorr04 View Post
Good for Andy! I like Ference, and I know he has taken lots of (deserved) heat from the fans this year, so it was good to see him get a nice goal today...and he played very solid on defense too.
Glad to see Boychuk is OK...he had a rough game.
and Dobby is looking good as a steady back-up goalie.

P.S. I'd take Crosby on the Bruins any day, but I wouldn't want Ovi.
IMO Ovi plays for Ovi only. Sid is not only a better player but plays as a team mate.

I love Johnny B. but he is such a drama queen that we can't tell when he is really injured.

Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 05:08 PM
skullguise
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to skullguise
Back from the game as well, also loved the Adam Oates tribute, and was also glad to see the standing ovation.

Awesome to see the Bruins play nearly a full game at some of their best. Truthfully, I was getting nervous after the accidental goal, but once more pressure was on and they got the 3rd, I felt it would be fine.

skullguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 05:09 PM
ytownhockey10
tornado of souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post

Encore!

if you watch that clip its pretty easy to see alzner wait to be out of looch's sight before mocking him

ytownhockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 05:18 PM
C77

This game was a big step in the right direction for the B's....one of those wins that brings a team closer together.

It was pretty much exactly what I wanted to see from the team. They amped up the physical play big time. They didn't need many chances to bury the puck either because they worked hard to get the puck to the front of the goal.

The only real negative is that they've got to work on their play in front of their own goal , both the defensemen and forwards. Khudobin had to make some big saves from prime scoring areas. The B's have left the goalies hanging a bit too often but both goalies have played really well.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 05:18 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
I didn't see (it was across the ice) what set off Marchy and Ribiero? Ribiero (sp ?) is such a slimy rat.

I hope the B's rest up tonight (are they flying tonight ?). I Really want then to BEAT the Pens tomorrow.

So maybe all of the Ference, Looch and Horton haters will quiet down for a day anyway.
Good to see Looch, Horton and Ference play up to their potentials today, they were big factors in the B's win today!

bobbyorr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 05:24 PM
Concessionaire
My Precious

Like EastCoastNiner, I have no problem with anything that happened today. Hendricks was one of the few bright spots for the Caps. He was doing what he was supposed to, agitating and trying to generate energy for his team. McQuaid and Thornton saw him running around and decided to address it. Everyone was doing their job.

Concessionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 05:24 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
so alzner is comparing cornering a very willing fighter in hendricks to cornering tyler seguin? maybe he's not as intelligent as i had thought.

On top of it all.... if Hendricks just agreed to go with Thornton right off the faceoff, then there wouldn't have been able to get "cornered".

Idiots.

sarge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 05:34 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Another great game by Khudobin, didn't get challenged a lot, but he made the saves he needed to make.

On to the next, Tuukka time tomorrow.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote