Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

OHL Playoffs - London vs Windsor

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2005, 08:19 AM
trahans99

vCash: 500
OHL Playoffs - London vs Windsor

I don't know how to create a poll so can a moderator do that with this thread?

First i'd like to say congrats to the Spits for coming all the way back and wining 4 straight (3 in OT). You deserve to be in the 2nd rd, but unfortunately the prize of all that hard work is running into the immovable object a.k.a The London Knights.

I am excited to see this once heated rivalry again, but sorry to say to the Spits I think your luck/magic whatever you wanna call it will run out against London.

I'm predicting London in 5 w/ Windsor taking the first game and London the next 4.

I see this seeing as being high scoring for a playoff series, Windsor is not a defensive minded team so I think London will be able to put up some goals and London has the checkers, grit and defensive minded team focus that should shut down Windsor when needed.

Old
04-06-2005, 08:27 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99
I don't know how to create a poll so can a moderator do that with this thread?

First i'd like to say congrats to the Spits for coming all the way back and wining 4 straight (3 in OT). You deserve to be in the 2nd rd, but unfortunately the prize of all that hard work is running into the immovable object a.k.a The London Knights.

I am excited to see this once heated rivalry again, but sorry to say to the Spits I think your luck/magic whatever you wanna call it will run out against London.

I'm predicting London in 5 w/ Windsor taking the first game and London the next 4.

I see this seeing as being high scoring for a playoff series, Windsor is not a defensive minded team so I think London will be able to put up some goals and London has the checkers, grit and defensive minded team focus that should shut down Windsor when needed.
Not to steal your thunder, but I can't add a poll so I just created one in the thread above.

My biggest beef is the fact that SSM/Windsor schedule was so stretched out so long that they weren't able to play tonight in London, and now are in fact playing the first game of the series in Windsor tomorrow night.

The knights will probably be a little rusty and Windsor will be on a high and playing the first game of the series at home.

That being said I still think London will probably win in 4

Old
04-08-2005, 01:26 AM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

8-0, awesome game, windsor looked horrible, undiciplined.

Old
04-09-2005, 11:54 PM
allin4466

Ouch

that softens brandons 10-1 loss a little lol

Old
04-10-2005, 05:44 PM
thomasincanada

game 3

4-0 london after 1. Seeing a trend here.

Wishing the Rogers-Windsor guys could pronounce syvret properly.. getting kind of annoying listening to the same guy pronounce it every way he can think of except the proper way.

Tom

Old
04-10-2005, 09:51 PM
trahans99

I was at the game today 9-1 for London. Man Windsor looks absolutely brutal.. how in the heck did they beat SSM. Must be a totally different team out there. Nice to see more than 1/2 the fans in Windsor wearing green Knights shirts, there must have been over 2000 Knights fans there today

Old
04-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Pangolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99
I was at the game today 9-1 for London. Man Windsor looks absolutely brutal.. how in the heck did they beat SSM. Must be a totally different team out there. Nice to see more than 1/2 the fans in Windsor wearing green Knights shirts, there must have been over 2000 Knights fans there today

It's worst now with 3 on the IR...
Specially Lomas who's been so good...

Old
04-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Dizzy

The Knights are in the Spits' heads, as soon as they get down by a couple goals they lose the game plan and start running around. They look like a totally different team than the one that beat the Soo. Injuries don't help either, when you have a powerplay unit with Courtney, Cipparone, and McFarland as your forwards you know there's a problem. With Garlock, Lomas, and Dixon out and neither of our goalies looking sharp, I predict game 4 is going to be very painful to listen to.

Old
04-11-2005, 07:41 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggy2
The Knights are in the Spits' heads, as soon as they get down by a couple goals they lose the game plan and start running around. They look like a totally different team than the one that beat the Soo. Injuries don't help either, when you have a powerplay unit with Courtney, Cipparone, and McFarland as your forwards you know there's a problem. With Garlock, Lomas, and Dixon out and neither of our goalies looking sharp, I predict game 4 is going to be very painful to listen to.
It's unfortunate they have the injuries they do. If ever there was a series where you need your top players it's this one. I don't believe even a healthy Windsor team would take more than maybe a game in this series, but it would be nice to see them compete.

Those kids have pride and talent and it's probably a tough pill to swallow losing 17-1 combined at home.

There is always next year for Windsor- and I predict there will be some teams looking extracting some payback against our knights next year when they won't be quite as strong.

Tom

Old
04-11-2005, 07:43 AM
Pangolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada
It's unfortunate they have the injuries they do. If ever there was a series where you need your top players it's this one. I don't believe even a healthy Windsor team would take more than maybe a game in this series, but it would be nice to see them compete.

Those kids have pride and talent and it's probably a tough pill to swallow losing 17-1 combined at home.

There is always next year for Windsor- and I predict there will be some teams looking extracting some payback against our knights next year when they won't be quite as strong.

Tom

I don't think the Spits are taking this too hard...They're in a pretty good mood laughin at the score last night after the game even...
They're pretty much assuming the worst going into the games.

Old
04-13-2005, 07:36 AM
thomasincanada

Tonights game

I'm thinking Dale's biggest challenge tonight will be to try and win the game with his top players playing as little as absolutely possible.

Windsor doesn't necessarily seem dirty but their frustrations might get the better of them especially if they feel london intentially hurt one of them.

What I predict is if the knights can build up a 3 goal lead in the first (like they do every game against Windsor) you won't see Perry/Hunter/Schremp or Fritsche hardly at all for the rest of the game

Tom

Closed Thread