HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Zach Bogosian vs Korbinian Holzer fight . Mar 16, 2013

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Eisen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
This is what happened:

Kane talks ****

Kane challenges Holzer

Holzer obliges

Kane chickens out last second

Holzer picking up gloves

Gets jumped from behind by Bogosian

Good job winnepeg pansies, you showed you can jump a guy from behind
Looked like that to me too. (-pansies)

Old
03-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Ryp37

Kane isn't even looking at Holzer when he dropps the mitts, then Kane turns around and looks at ref for the call
Bogo grabbed him and gave a 3 second window before punching, calm down leaf fan fans at least you have heavy weight champion of the world colton orr

Old
03-17-2013, 01:59 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Plus Kane is a lot bigger than Kessel is IMO a lot tougher. Kessel has had like 1 fight in the past 2-3 years lol. Nice comparison haha
My comparison suggested same difference in size and in roles of players.
Stuart is 6'2 213 and he is 3-rd pair D
Lupul is 6'1 206 and he is 1-st liner
Kessel is 6'0 202 and he is 1-st liner

Kane is 6'2 195 and he is 1-st liner (he is the lightest of them all)
Holzer is 6'3 205 and he is 3-rd pair D

So you can clearly see that size difference between Holzer and Kane as bigger then size difference between Stuart and Lupul and almost same difference in weight between Stuart and Kessel. Nobody cares how tough or not they are, you wanna trade my 1-at liner for your 3-rd pair D, same thing I wanna do. Like I've said before before this fight Orr (tough guy) fought non-tough guy and Phaneuf 6"3 214 fought Ladd 6"3 205.

Noone jumped anybody from behind they guy wanted to fight, he got his fight and got facerolled. He and some leafs fans should man up and stop whining about it

P.S I can't see anywhere on this video where Kane challenge Holzer to fight unless pushing and shoving means challenging.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:13 PM
TheFinalWord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
My comparison suggested same difference in size and in roles of players.
Stuart is 6'2 213 and he is 3-rd pair D
Lupul is 6'1 206 and he is 1-st liner
Kessel is 6'0 202 and he is 1-st liner

Kane is 6'2 195 and he is 1-st liner (he is the lightest of them all)
Holzer is 6'3 205 and he is 3-rd pair D

So you can clearly see that size difference between Holzer and Kane as bigger then size difference between Stuart and Lupul and almost same difference in weight between Stuart and Kessel. Nobody cares how tough or not they are, you wanna trade my 1-at liner for your 3-rd pair D, same thing I wanna do. Like I've said before before this fight Orr (tough guy) fought non-tough guy and Phaneuf 6"3 214 fought Ladd 6"3 205.

Noone jumped anybody from behind they guy wanted to fight, he got his fight and got facerolled. He and some leafs fans should man up and stop whining about it

P.S I can't see anywhere on this video where Kane challenge Holzer to fight unless pushing and shoving means challenging.
I'll ignore the obvious trolling and just touch on a couple of your points. According to Holzer, it was Kane who wanted to fight.

Quote:
Mark Masters [email protected]
Leafs' Holzer says Jets' Kane challenged him to fight a couple shifts before he dropped gloves & tried to engage him without success. I was trying to pick up my gloves & their other player jumps me. Honestly, I wish my first fight would've been a little different. He's a big boy & a strong guy. I just tried to hold on ... I'm just glad I didn't get any punches in the face.

Holzer on clapping on way to box: 'I was a little stupid ... You just black out for a second & I was a little rattled that I got jumped. I don't know why I clapped ...I shouldn't do that. I don't like that stuff [showboating].'
Whether it was earlier or not, it seems Holzer thought it was still on. I'm surprised he dropped the gloves because I don't think he's really a fighter and based on the results, he should really keep them on.

So if Kane asked him to fight (and I would tend to believe what he said), then this isn't the same thing as someone going after Kessel who would likely never ask someone to fight.

I have no issue with what Bogosian did and think it creates good team chemistry when you know people have your back. It made Kane look a little bad, and he had to take more abuse from the Leafs during the game because of it.

When you look at the two teams, I would say Winnipeg is built more in the mould of how the Leafs want to be built. There is more 'sandpaper' up and down the lineup than there is on the Leafs. If they keep playing this way, they'll be in the playoffs for sure. The Leafs were lucky to get a point.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:15 PM
EpicGingy

vCash: 2192
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperRockChamp View Post
Holzer is lucky Bogo went instead of Kane.
I'd bet on Kane beating Holzer anyways, he's a tough customer plus he had some boxing lessons when he was younger so he probably knows how to throw a technically sound punch.

Anyways, I never saw a point where Kane challenged Holzer. Apparently battling in front of the net with a few shoves automatically equals a challenge. Whatever.

Bogosian gave Holzer some time to figure out what was going on before he started to throw the punches. He probably should not have jumped in but it's commendable. You don't mess with one of the Jets best forwards.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:25 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
Leafs' Holzer says Jets' Kane challenged him to fight a couple shifts before he dropped gloves & tried to engage him without success. I was trying to pick up my gloves & their other player jumps me. Honestly, I wish my first fight would've been a little different. He's a big boy & a strong guy. I just tried to hold on ... I'm just glad I didn't get any punches in the face.
Like I said before somebody need to man up and stop lying and whining. Holzer says what he think will make him look less terribad. I can't see where Kane challenged him it is only what Holzer said. This could be as much true as the part I've bolded. Seriously he didn't get any punches in the face? LOL

Old
03-17-2013, 02:30 PM
vadim sharifijanov
ugh

i won't take an opinion on kane's behaviour, because i have no idea what was said between him an holzer.

but bogosian was a boss last night. sure, he jumped the guy and to be fair he started throwing before it was really fair. it wasn't as cheap as, say, sestito in his first game with the canucks, which is to say bogo could have tooled holzer right off the jump, but he did have an unfair advantage.

but more importantly, jumping in was the right move and that's what you want to see from your future captain-- which is what i remember jets fans saying about bogo last year. and the guy takes 17 PIMs, still plays almost 20 minutes, picks up an assist as his team rallies to score four unanswered goals, then completes the quasi-gordie with the winner in the shootout. listening to don, you'd think this is what "bieska" does every night.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Paris in Flames

I don't see how Bogosian jumping in is the right move. It's not like Holzer took out Kane's knee or threw an elbow at his head. They'd been battling for awhile and it boiled over.

It was a Kane/Holzer issue. If Lupul is battling with somebody I don't want to see Mark Fraser jump in for no real reason.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Turris the Turret
Do it for Rundblad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord View Post
I'll ignore the obvious trolling and just touch on a couple of your points. According to Holzer, it was Kane who wanted to fight.

You can't just take his word. Why would Kane want to fight fight when they are down a goal?

Old
03-17-2013, 03:04 PM
Turris the Turret
Do it for Rundblad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris in Flames View Post
I don't see how Bogosian jumping in is the right move. It's not like Holzer took out Kane's knee or threw an elbow at his head. They'd been battling for awhile and it boiled over.

It was a Kane/Holzer issue. If Lupul is battling with somebody I don't want to see Mark Fraser jump in for no real reason.
So if Kessel was battling with Mike Rupp you wouldn't want anyone to jump in?

Old
03-17-2013, 03:34 PM
KA BLAMO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris in Flames View Post
I don't see how Bogosian jumping in is the right move.
Because some scrub is trying to engage the top player on his team.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Paris in Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebolarama View Post
Because some scrub is trying to engage the top player on his team.
Everybody needs to stop acting like Kane is some dainty little flower. He was more than willing to get engaged until the very end.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:56 PM
PaperRockChamp

Kane was actually smart enough to take the PP.. Bogo punched the truculence right out of the Leafs organization. Well worth it.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:05 PM
macleod50

vCash: 330
I guess I'm missing where Kane "challenged" him. He didn't even shake his gloves.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:31 PM
TheFinalWord

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
i won't take an opinion on kane's behaviour, because i have no idea what was said between him an holzer.

but bogosian was a boss last night. sure, he jumped the guy and to be fair he started throwing before it was really fair. it wasn't as cheap as, say, sestito in his first game with the canucks, which is to say bogo could have tooled holzer right off the jump, but he did have an unfair advantage.

but more importantly, jumping in was the right move and that's what you want to see from your future captain-- which is what i remember jets fans saying about bogo last year. and the guy takes 17 PIMs, still plays almost 20 minutes, picks up an assist as his team rallies to score four unanswered goals, then completes the quasi-gordie with the winner in the shootout. listening to don, you'd think this is what "bieska" does every night.
I'm not sure you understand what 'unanswered' means.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:32 PM
TheFinalWord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperRockChamp View Post
Kane was actually smart enough to take the PP.. Bogo punched the truculence right out of the Leafs organization. Well worth it.
Did he ever. That's why every Leaf was in Kane's face the rest of the night. They knew who was going to back down when things got tough.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:01 PM
tacogeoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryp37 View Post
Kane isn't even looking at Holzer when he dropps the mitts, then Kane turns around and looks at ref for the call
Bogo grabbed him and gave a 3 second window before punching, calm down leaf fan fans at least you have heavy weight champion of the world colton orr
Meh Orr is good but if you look at his last three seasons he is def not then end all be all. I know ur being sarcastic but he got ragdolled by westgarth this season and Neil also pulled off a W by fighting smart. Wouldn't mind Orr on my team though to dress a few times a season

Old
03-17-2013, 06:06 PM
GenericFan2*

Holzer can fight, i'm not sure why he didn't show up in this one. Bogo's lucky Fraser, Orr, etc. didn't get a hold of him.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:11 PM
snizzbone*
ignore listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
I guess I'm missing where Kane "challenged" him. He didn't even shake his gloves.
You can challenge someone with your mouth you know right? Kane probably jokingly said something earlier and Holzer, being German, thought it meant he wanted to fight.

Also people please stop comparing this to some goon challenging Kessel to a fight. Kane is not some soft player who doesn't rough it up. He occasionally fights, is very physical, and talks smack. Kessel wouldn't hurt a butterfly.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW View Post
Holzer can fight, i'm not sure why he didn't show up in this one. Bogo's lucky Fraser, Orr, etc. didn't get a hold of him.
I'm actually really surprised Holzer fought. I give him props for it. In the AHL he'd pick on smaller players and when someone his size came around to challenge him he stopped smiling and couldn't wait to get off the ice.

Holzer took on a much more experienced fighter, so kudos on that.

Old
03-17-2013, 07:21 PM
allan5oh
Has prospect fever

vCash: 82
Bogosian doesn't fight that often, maybe once a year. But he is a big strong guy. He's apparently a gym rat like Chara.

Old
03-17-2013, 07:23 PM
allan5oh
Has prospect fever

vCash: 82
I don't see the point of bickering back and forth as to who said what, who challenged who and when. We don't really know. For all we know it could've been a misunderstanding. Kane also could have an injury that prevents him from fighting.

It's really a moot point.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:29 PM
macleod50

vCash: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
You can challenge someone with your mouth you know right? Kane probably jokingly said something earlier and Holzer, being German, thought it meant he wanted to fight.

Also people please stop comparing this to some goon challenging Kessel to a fight. Kane is not some soft player who doesn't rough it up. He occasionally fights, is very physical, and talks smack. Kessel wouldn't hurt a butterfly.
Really? You can? I didn't know that.....

Looked like Kane talked some trash, made no motion to fight and Holzer dropped his gloves like a dope.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:56 PM
CookieCrumbs*

Gets "jumped from behind"? Way to be dramatic.

He doesn't swing a punch until they're squared up with each other. It's not like he sucker punched him. Either way, Bogosian beat the ***** out of him.

Go Jets.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:47 PM
lawrence

Holzer goes after their star player? WTF is this, I'm glad Bogosian clobbered him.

Closed Thread