HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What's your take on Tanguay?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-23-2003, 09:17 AM
  #1
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
What's your take on Tanguay?

Opportunist or star potential?


Just wondering...

Dutchy is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 09:20 AM
  #2
jacklours
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Magog
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Opportunist or star potential?


Just wondering...
He's a good player let's give it to him. Not an all-star though, but he's still good. BUT he plays with all-stars, so he puts up all-star points. You still need some talent though to put up points on the board even though you play with Sakic and Forsberg, and this guy has it.

jacklours is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 09:24 AM
  #3
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
That's also what I think... I was just wondering what you guys think since all summer long we were hearing rumors about Tanguay being dealt for Theo.

Dutchy is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 09:26 AM
  #4
jacklours
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Magog
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
That's also what I think... I was just wondering what you guys think since all summer long we were hearing rumors about Tanguay being dealt for Theo.
That would have been a bad one since the poor guy would have no onw to play with in MTL exept Koivu, but I don't think he would have made as many points

jacklours is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 09:42 AM
  #5
fatmax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Mirabel, Qc
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Opportunist or star potential?


Just wondering...
One word: opportunist
One player: Kevin Steven

If he have Star potential, we didn't see that last year when he wasn't playing with Forsberg... of course, he got some skill (he is a NHLer), he skate very well and he's a sniper but there's something missing, maybe grit or balance (because he can be push easilly), maybe he'll understand someday that he might need to step on his pride and start to work harder... but that's what I've been expecting from Brisebois since 2000 and it didn't happen yet so... I give up...

fatmax is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 09:53 AM
  #6
GilleZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Quebec City
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
Opportunist

Immagine, Zednick at his place in colorado, he would have scored 50 goals!!!

Go Habs Go!!!

GilleZ is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 09:57 AM
  #7
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
The Habs shouldn't trade for Tanguay. They have several promising forward prospects, at least one of whom may turn out to be as good as Tanguay.

Corey is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 10:02 AM
  #8
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Opportunist or star potential?


Just wondering...
imo, somewhere in the middle of the two. he's still fairly young, so stating he is just an opportunist is a little harsh, but at the same time when you look at the players he plays with.....

Darz is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 10:03 AM
  #9
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleZ
Opportunist

Immagine, Zednick at his place in colorado, he would have scored 50 goals!!!

Go Habs Go!!!
You are perfectly right.... or in a line with Morisson and Naslund. I think Zednik is much better than Tanguay with a lot more grit!

VAN-HAB is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 11:32 AM
  #10
red alert 23
Registered User
 
red alert 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: montreal
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
imo, somewhere in the middle of the two. he's still fairly young, so stating he is just an opportunist is a little harsh, but at the same time when you look at the players he plays with.....
You`re right Darz ! Even if I was playing with the players he plays with ; I`d probably score an easy 30 or something !
The best opportunist I can remember is : Rob Brown ( 70 goals)
playing with Super MArio ! What a career he had when he stop playaing with the 66 !!!

red alert 23 is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 11:35 AM
  #11
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by red alert 23
You`re right Darz ! Even if I was playing with the players he plays with ; I`d probably score an easy 30 or something !
The best opportunist I can remember is : Rob Brown ( 70 goals)
playing with Super MArio ! What a career he had when he stop playaing with the 66 !!!
no 70 goals, but your point about Brown is a good one

1988-89 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 68 49 66 115

of course you could make that arguement about other Lemeiux linemates. how about Warren Young, a player who stuggled to get regular NHL employment, but when put with Mario:

1984-85 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 80 40 32 72

Darz is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 11:52 AM
  #12
TwineSniper
Registered User
 
TwineSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
The Alex Tanguay Formula:

40% Skill + 60% leech = Alex Tanguay

TwineSniper is offline  
Old
09-24-2003, 02:24 AM
  #13
red alert 23
Registered User
 
red alert 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: montreal
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
no 70 goals, but your point about Brown is a good one

1988-89 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 68 49 66 115

of course you could make that arguement about other Lemeiux linemates. how about Warren Young, a player who stuggled to get regular NHL employment, but when put with Mario:

1984-85 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 80 40 32 72
My bad for the amount of goals on Browns case !
Maybe I`ve mistaking Nichols playing with the Great One !

red alert 23 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.