HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Minor Deal- Edm Ott

Old
03-23-2013, 02:53 PM
hyperboy

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hyperboy
Minor Deal- Edm Ott

with Methot being out right now and Theo Peckham just sitting in the rafters i thought some along the lines of:
peckham for hoffman

hyperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:55 PM
officeglen

Methot is +3 so far today

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:56 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboy View Post
with Methot being out right now and Theo Peckham just sitting in the rafters i thought some along the lines of:
peckham for hoffman
Methot's playing right now.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:58 PM
officeglen

we now resume regular hemsky bashing, now in progress

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:59 PM
hyperboy

Send a message via MSN to hyperboy
oh last i heard he was gonna be out 2-4 weeks my bad

hyperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Altimus
Probably drunk

Send a message via AIM to Altimus Send a message via MSN to Altimus
And hoffman just played his first game since Jan 26th. He's expected to get some Nhl ice time in a few games.

Altimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:02 PM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

I'd like to see Hoffman get a chance and he will in a couple games.

I understand that Oilers may not like the trade either, but I'd hold off until a different Senator gets hurt haha.

Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:02 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Until the Oilers know what their doing with Fistric, I don't think Peckham is going anywhere.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:30 PM
IranCondraAffair

Despite all the injuries, I think Ottawa is still in a good position on defense even if Methot does go down, so I don't think they'll make a move.

Boro has been sent down to the AHL and he was expected to be the main defensive prospect to play for Ottawa this season, and management is still expected to give him some more playing time. Benoit, despite his pedigree, has been good for Ottawa too.

All the respect in the world for Peckham though. Heck of a player and a I think the Oilers should keep him.

Hoffman would be an interesting pickup for Edmonton. He projects as a decent (or good) 3rd line guy. Physical, with a scoring touch. Not a defensive bottom 6'er who plays the PK a lot, but a higher end energy guy, more of a poor man's Peverley. Ottawa also has a lot of prospects coming up, so I'm sure Hoffman (and Grant) are movable for the right price if Edmonton were serious about improving their bottom-6 and making the team harder to play against. He's a really hard worker and B-Sens fans seem to love him and the work ethic. He's NHL ready too.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Kezia
egg

vCash: 50
Nope.

Kezia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:37 PM
zeus3007*

I'd rather move Peckham for a pick, assuming we are re-signing Fistric of course. With Fistric, we have no use for him, ha ha. A third and he's yours.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 04:50 PM
love4hockey

If Ottawa can get Peckham they should. Peckham played well in the 4 games he played this year. He is back to his tough play and didn't take bad penalties. He was ready to crunch anyone that look sideways at one of the stars on the team and should be playing more but doesn't seem to be liked much by their coach. Oilers won't waive him because they know he would be picked up. Young, strong, tough and from what is said a good guy in the room. Ottawa make an offer!!

love4hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 04:58 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Not moving Hoffman. My game worn jersey would look silly if so.

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Hale The Villain

Not a deal the Sens would make. Hoffman has the speed and shot to be an NHLer one day. Little improvement in his offensive production over the years, but he's got talent.

We have tons of mean, defensive defenseman in the system. Gryba is up with the big club right now, and Borowiecki, Sdao and Blood are waiting for their time in Binghamton. The last thing we need right now is to add another young, unproven defensive defenseman.

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 06:19 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

The last thing the Oilers need is another small C, if Peckham is traded it will be someone they could use or a pick, around a 3rd I would say.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 06:50 PM
IranCondraAffair

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
The last thing the Oilers need is another small C, if Peckham is traded it will be someone they could use or a pick, around a 3rd I would say.
Hoffman is 183CM tall. For perspective, we'll use Oiler forwards for some comparisons.

Hoffman is two cm shorter than RNH, Hall, and Hocroff but three cm taller than Ganger, Eberle, Yak, and Belanger. He's the exact same height as Hemsky and the same approximate weight. Hoffman is taller than Gagner who is, right now, the Oiler's highest scorer.

How tall is Sidney Crosby again? Oh yeah, 180CM, 3 cm shorter than Hoffman.

Now, the Oilers aren't the tallest bunch to begin with, so I can understand dismissing a guy if he was...say 173CM like Martin St. Louis, but he's not. Hoffman is just as close to the height of Jordan Staal (6 ft 4 in 193CM) as he is to Martin St. Louis.

Tell me he sucks. Tell me he has a bad +/-. Tell me he lacks the physicality for a bottom line role and the scoring ability for a top 6 role. I could understand those arguments. Saying that one of the worst teams in the NHL can't use a Hoffman because of his height is beyond ridiculous to me.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote