HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gaborik Available; Canucks interested (Per HNIC)

Old
03-21-2013, 01:55 PM
matt1396

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Classless One View Post
This is a good trade, i'd pull the trigger.
that is a terrible trade for the rangers

matt1396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:57 PM
NYR Viper

When I bumped the thread it wasn't totally directed @ the Canucks, more to see what other teams would offer IF the Ranger held onto 2 million in salary + cap hit.

I agree, the Canucks don't seem to be a good trade partner.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Frankiedarling

Just not good trading partners here. We can't demolish our already limited depth for him, and we're certainly not trading Kesler for him. Beyond that, there's nothing to be done.

Frankiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askel View Post
Agree, both teams are to close to the cap, Canucks doesnt want to give up quality youth, and rangers need quality deepth preferably young ones.

My best offer is Hansen, Ballard & Schroeder. Thats what the Canucks might afford to give up (and I dont want to give up Hansen). But i realize that is not enough for the Rangers, so no deal.
Throw in a 1st round pick (or perhaps a 2nd or 3rd round pick), and I'd honestly make that trade.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:17 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
He's not ideal for every team because of his cap. But he won't bring back peanuts. His NTC is only limited to 10 teams he can't go to. Meaning 20 teams can be in the hunt for him.

Most teams will want a guy who has scored 30 goals consistently his entire career and 40 goals multiple times with 100+ goals over the last three years.

He's NEVER been a flashy player. Rangers fans are complaining because he's not scoring a **** load this year, but he honestly looks the same as every other year. He's still getting chances, but for some odd reason, they're not going in for him. Anyone who's watched him knows, he just has a knack for finding the back of the net. Not controlling the entire flow of the game.

Things I hate about Gaborik: Always try to go fivehole. Especially on breakaways and in shootouts. Lack of ability to deke and carry the puck. Other than that he's a really good player. He's played LW quite a bit this year, I'd say that is a big reason as of why he haven't been scoring as much as he usually do. He has no LW experience, and you know what they say. You can't teach an old dog to sit. He's only 31, but he has played hockey for probably 20+ years now as a RW so it's a big adjustment.

CaptainCally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:23 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Brendan Gaunce + 1st round pick + David Booth for Gaborik @ 7.5 mil.
Nicklas Jensen + 1st round pick + David Booth + 2014 2nd for Gaborik @ 6 mil.
Definitely don't see the second trade being thought of by Gillis.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:28 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Classless One View Post
This is a good trade, i'd pull the trigger.
I would laugh at that trade if I were representing NYR. Our best center by far, who we have pretty much no replacement for, and the goal scorer who has carried the entire team's offense since getting here for those pieces? Absolutely not.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:31 PM
cwgatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by allerotrot View Post
Raymond, Hansen, and a 1st for Gaborik at $5.5m

Canucks would only take on about 2m in extra salary, we'd clear up plenty of space to resign RFAs for next year especially if we let Raymond walk.

Let's be honest, the Rangers are not taking on any of Vancouver's cap dumps. By retaining a few million, Gaborik fits much more easily on the Canucks. Obviously Hansen is a piece that the team won't want to lose, but Gaborik is a proven 40 goal scorer. Have to give to get.
As a NYR fan, I have to say that this is probably a pretty fair deal. The NYR could use that 1st rd pick (lower half I know), and Raymond and Hansen would be better than any bottom 6 we have.

Hags-Richard$-Na$h
Kreider-Stepan-Cally
Raymond-JT Miller-Hansen
Powe-Halpern-Boyle(whatever crap is left over)

But the NYR need a Dman too. Maybe Boyle could be traded for the rotting corpse of Rich Pilon or something....

cwgatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:46 PM
PG Canuck

Canucks and Rangers just aren't good trading partners for Gaborik, or I'm just missing something here. Any deal that has Burrows or Hansen involved is only bad for the Canucks even if it is Gaborik who is coming back in return. Both Burrows and Hansen are players you build around to go for a Cup. Not suggesting Gaborik isn't a player you don't build around to win a Cup, so don't get that impression.

Burrows and Hansen are too valuable to the Canucks that other teams around the league won't realize. Every team has those couple of players that aren't big name players, but are far too important to be trading away, regardless of who is coming back (well unless you're getting Crosby, Malkin etc...).

I highly doubt Gillis is willing enough to trade draft picks, especially first and second round picks when our prospect cupboard is fairly bleak as is. Trading Jensen shouldn't, and likely isn't even on Gillis' mind because I believe he is our top prospect right now, or at least top three. Only way we're trading Jensen, would've been in a trade to get us Corey Perry, not a year and a half of Gaborik, IMO.

We have pieces, but those pieces aren't exactly what we want to move right now for Gaborik. Our biggest trading piece is Luongo or Schneider, and those pieces hold nothing of value to the Rangers. Luongo or Schneider can fill holes in our lineup without giving Hansen, Burrows, Jensen, IMO.

I just don't see either Vancouver or New York being able to reach an agreement for Gaborik. I don't think it's in Vancouver's interests right now.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:45 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post

Only way we're trading Jensen, would've been in a trade to get us Corey Perry, not a year and a half of Gaborik, IMO.
I don't think MG was daft enough to get into the Perry/Getz hype.

If the Rangers want to move Gaborik for positional reasons, then a lateral deal involving Kesler or Booth or a core D piece could be done.

I don't know why they would want to trade him. Fire the coach first,

LolClarkson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:36 PM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post

If the Rangers want to move Gaborik for positional reasons, then a lateral deal involving Kesler or Booth or a core D piece could be done.

I was just using Perry as an example. Wasn't suggesting MG was in for him, or anything of the like, just an example.

A deal involving Kesler without any other center coming back is not going to happen. You can pretty much guess why looking at our center depth right now with Kesler hurt, let alone with him traded altogether.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:50 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post

there is no way that Gillis deals Kesler in a trade for Gaborik. Gaborik's contract doesn't fit into the Canucks salary structure anyways, and we can all see clearly what this team is like with only Henrik as a legitimate center threat on this team. Kesler is about as perfect a 2nd line center you could have behind a playmaker like Henrik, and after signing him to the deal they did, they aren't going to move him.

And Booth is not a lateral deal at all for Gaborik. Booth's value right now is crap. It would be a huge downgrade, not a lateral move at all for the Rangers to swap these two.

If the Rangers are looking for a lateral move because they are too staked on right wing and none of their right wingers can make that effective transition to left wing, maybe send Gaborik back to Minny for Heatley. There's your $7.5mill natural left winger who'll address the positional need that Gaborik can't.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Frankiedarling

Can we not talk about deals involving Kesler?

Kesler is not going to be moved. It's about as likely as trading one Sedin.

Frankiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Heyoooo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
If Gaborik is so awesome, then the rangers should keep him. Canucks are not giving up any young talent or picks for him. Period.

Hes one of the few FA deals we have had that has lived up to the bill.

His cap hit is too high for the Rangers with the impending cap coming down, so he was going to be dealt either way, usually by summer, but because he is struggling now, the birds are chirping early.

Still, despite that, I consider him a top 3 Rangers FA signing in history.

Dude gets so much flack despite the stats. 4th in GPG in the league since he signed here.

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:51 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
there is no way that Gillis deals Kesler in a trade for Gaborik. Gaborik's contract doesn't fit into the Canucks salary structure anyways, and we can all see clearly what this team is like with only Henrik as a legitimate center threat on this team. Kesler is about as perfect a 2nd line center you could have behind a playmaker like Henrik, and after signing him to the deal they did, they aren't going to move him.

And Booth is not a lateral deal at all for Gaborik. Booth's value right now is crap. It would be a huge downgrade, not a lateral move at all for the Rangers to swap these two.

If the Rangers are looking for a lateral move because they are too staked on right wing and none of their right wingers can make that effective transition to left wing, maybe send Gaborik back to Minny for Heatley. There's your $7.5mill natural left winger who'll address the positional need that Gaborik can't.
Heatley blows. Kesler is a waste until he proves he can stay healthy

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 07:02 PM
NoNecksCurse

mike fisher + jonathan blum + 3rd round pick + rights to alexander radulov for marian gaborik + 4th round pick

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 07:08 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Burrows + Raymond + Ballard + Schroeder for Gaborik and a + from our end. Hrivik or Skjei maybe?
No way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
That's not comparable at all. Booth is not a 2nd liner. He can't stay healthy and had 29 points last year. 29. Raymond is a UFA at years end so he holds little more than rental value.

Hagelin is a 23 y/o top-6 forward. I can tell you don't watch the Rangers or else you would not be happy with that deal.
Really he isn't?

Oh I though 20 goals and 40+ points consistent was 2nd line production?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Brendan Gaunce + 1st round pick + David Booth for Gaborik @ 7.5 mil.
Nicklas Jensen + 1st round pick + David Booth + 2014 2nd for Gaborik @ 6 mil.
No way. Forget Gaborik we don't need him, we need a 3C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godless Servant View Post
He's not a 40 goal scorer like Gabs is, Kesler has done it once and we hope he can do it again, Gaborik has done it many times.

To the offer asking for Burrows, I honestly wouldn't trade Burrows, he means too much to this team and is Mr Clutch in the playoffs or at least I think he is.

Booth/Ballard + Schroeder and? for Gabs at 5.5?
Kesler > Gaborik

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 07:13 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
Lol yeah 7.5 million for a 40+ goalscorer, how dare they pay him that money .
Yeah that is overpaid for us. Way overpaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allerotrot View Post
Raymond, Hansen, and a 1st for Gaborik at $5.5m

Canucks would only take on about 2m in extra salary, we'd clear up plenty of space to resign RFAs for next year especially if we let Raymond walk.

Let's be honest, the Rangers are not taking on any of Vancouver's cap dumps. By retaining a few million, Gaborik fits much more easily on the Canucks. Obviously Hansen is a piece that the team won't want to lose, but Gaborik is a proven 40 goal scorer. Have to give to get.
Hansen goes nowhere.

I will take Hansen at 1.3 over Gaborik at 7.5 at this point.

And if Gaborik to Van works you will have to take cap dumps, if you have't noticed we have to drop cap next year and are already in a sticky situation cap wise.

No chance we are adding 7.5 Million or even 5.5 Million without big money going the other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
These vancouver proposals are just getting worse and worse.

If we're retaining up to 2 mil in salary, a good prospect better be coming back just for that.

Gaborik is a 40 goal scorer and I don't really get all these complaints of horrible contract. He's going to be earning around that much in his next contract I'd assume too.

A trade for him will hurt in some place. We don't want Booth. We don't want Ballard. We don't want a collection of spare parts.
Good, we aren't good trading partners.

At all.

Are you really surprised this is going nowhere? Most of keep saying it doesn't work.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Heatley blows. Kesler is a waste until he proves he can stay healthy
I'm glad you feel this way.

Cause Kesler goes nowhere, especially for Gaborik unless Stepan is in the deal also.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Evil Edler
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Kesler > Gaborik
Seriously? context dude, Gaborik is a better goal scorer than Kesler, that's why I was mentioning their goals.

Evil Edler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godless Servant View Post
Seriously? context dude, Gaborik is a better goal scorer than Kesler, that's why I was mentioning their goals.
That's fine.

Gaborik is a better goal scorer than Kesler.

Kesler is better everywhere else and has a much better contract.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:31 PM
AnthonyJohnson

vCash:
New York acquires: Kassian, Booth, 1st
Vancouver acquires: Gaborik, Boyle

Old
03-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Evil Edler
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
That's fine.

Gaborik is a better goal scorer than Kesler.

Kesler is better everywhere else and has a much better contract.
Never said otherwise

Evil Edler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJohnson View Post
New York acquires: Kassian, Booth, 1st
Vancouver acquires: Gaborik, Boyle
No thank you. No interest in moving Kassian for Gaborik, Gaborik don't get me wrong is s top class player, but he doesn't fit in are cap structure.

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Skead

I thought the process was NYR wanted to gain quality depth of grinders/scorers because they're too top heavy.

Hansen,
Raymond,
Higgins,
Ballard,
Booth,

are all viable options for depth, but that being said I'd prefer not to trade for a player that has played one 82 game season in his career, the Canucks just seem to be injury prone lately.

Skead is offline   Reply With Quote