HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gaborik Available; Canucks interested (Per HNIC)

Old
03-21-2013, 08:43 PM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJohnson View Post
New York acquires: Kassian, Booth, 1st
Vancouver acquires: Gaborik, Boyle
No thanks, no interest in moving Kassian and Gaborik really doesn't work for us anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godless Servant View Post
Never said otherwise
Glad we agree then.

Sergei Shirokov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Vorkosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
The guy saying we'd give up Kesler for spare parts give your head a shake man. Who's are second line centre going to be Andrew Ebbet?
Who's our second line centre now? Exactly.

The window is closing, you either go all in or you rebuild, you don't hover around mediocrity. There's a reason we haven't won the cup in 42 years, it's not because we haven't had the talent, we have, it's because we're not willing to pull the trigger on deals that will get us over the hump when we have a team ready to contend, we pull those deals when we're not ready but need a few stars to keep the fans in the seats and wait it out

I still say 03-04 was the best chance, just need to give up a package for someone better than cloutier, and it was probably a done deal (and if bertuzzi didn't deck moore and shatter his confidence)

There is no guarantee Kesler is going to be the same Kesler after these injuries. If you can trade him now and get "spare parts" to plug other needs for a deep run, you do it. If you have to trade a few prospects to get an elite sniper like gaborik who will benefit the nucks secondary scoring, again you do it.

I would easily bankrupt the farm if it meant adding Iginla and Gaborik, salary cap be damned, let Gilman figure it out, he's a wizard at the cap anyway. At the end of the day if the Nucks win the cup, it's all worth it.

Think about it, the canucks right now are wasting the prime years of 2 100+ point getters, that window is shut in about 2-3 years

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:27 PM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

Just take him, please.

I'll settle for a Kassian jersey in return.

03-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Heyoooo*

Because Gaborik is probably being traded, and Tortorella is still at the helm, I wont be watching any more games. Not til Tortorella is gone.

Good thing I picked the Blackhawks as my second team this year.

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:31 PM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

Of course he scores right after I post that

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:35 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
Who's our second line centre now? Exactly.

The window is closing, you either go all in or you rebuild, you don't hover around mediocrity. There's a reason we haven't won the cup in 42 years, it's not because we haven't had the talent, we have, it's because we're not willing to pull the trigger on deals that will get us over the hump when we have a team ready to contend, we pull those deals when we're not ready but need a few stars to keep the fans in the seats and wait it out

I still say 03-04 was the best chance, just need to give up a package for someone better than cloutier, and it was probably a done deal (and if bertuzzi didn't deck moore and shatter his confidence)

There is no guarantee Kesler is going to be the same Kesler after these injuries. If you can trade him now and get "spare parts" to plug other needs for a deep run, you do it. If you have to trade a few prospects to get an elite sniper like gaborik who will benefit the nucks secondary scoring, again you do it.

I would easily bankrupt the farm if it meant adding Iginla and Gaborik, salary cap be damned, let Gilman figure it out, he's a wizard at the cap anyway. At the end of the day if the Nucks win the cup, it's all worth it.

Think about it, the canucks right now are wasting the prime years of 2 100+ point getters, that window is shut in about 2-3 years
I don't like the idea of trading our farm and future for players that we hope to win with now, especially aging players, there's a reason why we have arguably the worst prospect pool in the league. You can't bank on winning the cup in one year, you have to be good over a long period of time and hope you get lucky in the playoffs (with injuries, players stepping up, ect).

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:37 PM
JS19
Four Kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I don't like the idea of trading our farm and future for players that we hope to win with now, especially aging players, there's a reason why we have arguably the worst prospect pool in the league. You can't bank on winning the cup in one year, you have to be good over a long period of time and hope you get lucky in the playoffs (with injuries, players stepping up, ect).
Worst prospect pool in the league...? SJ says hi.

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Please someone trade for Gaborik and Richards. PLEASE! PLEASE! I'm begging you!

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Kershaw

Embarrassing display by Rangers fans underrating Gaborik.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:42 PM
rocketxav9

gaborik is exactly what the canucks don't need...a soft player who disapears during the playoffs

rocketxav9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:49 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
What's been up with Kassian, VAN fans? I don't have Center Ice this year so I really haven't been able to see him play. He had 5 goals early on, and he's still stuck at 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trbr86 View Post
In a nutshell: he was playing with the Sedins, and then he wasn't.
It make me wonder, what if burrows wasn't playing with the Sedins?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:26 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketxav9 View Post
gaborik is exactly what the canucks don't need...a soft player who disapears during the playoffs
Yes, he was so soft that he played through a separated shoulder. Disappearing players don't score clutch goals and triple OT winners.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:27 PM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
It make me wonder, what if burrows wasn't playing with the Sedins?
He'd be a top 2nd liner. He's established himself as a top two way player on any line, capable of creating plays as well as being a finisher. Statistically he'd probably have more assists and less goals.

Kassian doesn't have the same defensive game to lean on - no where near the same forechecking ability or overall skating energy. Kassian's IQ, hands, and strength get him points with the Sedins but its pretty clear the team wants him to round out his game instead of soak up offensive zone starts.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:38 PM
keslerburrows

Here's hoping Torts demands Gaborik is traded immediately out of the conference (Vancouver)

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:40 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
He'd be a top 2nd liner. He's established himself as a top two way player on any line, capable of creating plays as well as being a finisher. Statistically he'd probably have more assists and less goals.

Kassian doesn't have the same defensive game to lean on - no where near the same forechecking ability or overall skating energy. Kassian's IQ, hands, and strength get him points with the Sedins but its pretty clear the team wants him to round out his game instead of soak up offensive zone starts.
thank for your interesting reply.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:45 PM
lush
@jasonlush

Unless the Rangers keep 1.5 M in cap (salary who cares) and its a three way trade with Luongo I say no dice.

lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:57 PM
NoShowWilly

just keep gaborik. do not want him on the canucks. very good player. Can't afford that kind of contract.

NoShowWilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:22 PM
keslerburrows

To Toronto
Luongo
Richards

To NYR
Kadri
Booth
Mcarthur
Gaunce
Vancouver first

To Vancouver
Gaborik
Grabovski

Just threw this together really quick. Hahha ill come back to it later and see flaming I get.

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
To Toronto
Luongo
Richards

To NYR
Kadri
Booth
Mcarthur
Gaunce
Vancouver first

To Vancouver
Gaborik
Grabovski

Just threw this together really quick. Hahha ill come back to it later and see flaming I get.
Kadri > Richards right now. Contracts aside.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:59 PM
Heyoooo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketxav9 View Post
People still thinking of the Gaborik from Minnesota.

Not sure if you noticed but hes a different player on the Rangers.

Gaborik was very good last year's playoffs. He was playing with a torn up shoulder. Takes balls when you score an 3OT winner doing that if you ask me.

Not sure if you heard either but the Cold War is over as well.

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:20 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
To Toronto
Luongo
Richards

To NYR
Kadri
Booth
Mcarthur
Gaunce
Vancouver first

To Vancouver
Gaborik
Grabovski

As a Rangers fan, where do I sign? Nazem Kadri on the Rangers?

Old
03-22-2013, 01:31 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
As a Rangers fan, where do I sign? Nazem Kadri on the Rangers?
+ plenty of cap space to sign another top UFA.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:39 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
+ plenty of cap space to sign another top UFA.
Correct, you are! Getting rid of Gaborik and Richards' contracts would free up space to sign someone like Nathan Horton or do a Nash-esque trade.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:14 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Correct, you are! Getting rid of Gaborik and Richards' contracts would free up space to sign someone like Nathan Horton or do a Nash-esque trade.
Then trade back these newly signed UFA for young asset, freeing up cap space to sign another top UFA, and the cycle continue...

This is actually an effective but limited strategy, and its fair that the NYR take advantage of it. They are in a position to do so and its part of the game.

If the players aren't happy with that, they can always ask for no movement clause.

If the other GM aren't happy, then its up to them to devise a new CBA to limit the effectiveness of this strategy.

Last edited by palindrom: 03-22-2013 at 04:40 AM.
Old
03-22-2013, 04:15 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Nash esque trade for who? In case you haven't noticed, the only big name scoring guys in their prime who fans believe are on the block or want to be on the block are New York Rangers already. Gaborik is the biggest name forward available and not many people want to give up something of value for him. The cap crunch screws over all teams looking to get good value for high salaried players. Basically, until summer 2014, it seems like a lot of clubs are stuck with what they got. Unless you want someone like Patrick Marleau for a year anyway.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote