HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonathan Bernier

Old
03-17-2013, 05:30 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

vCash: 500
Jonathan Bernier

bernier and a mid-level offensive prospect like kozun, vey...

thank you.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 06:24 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
Jones, Toffoli and a fith for Bernier and Kozun.
And you will know us by the trail of dead...
Y'Welcome

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:11 PM
oilers84

to la
rajala
pelss
roy
3rd

to edm
bernier
shore

oilers84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:52 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers84 View Post
to la
rajala
pelss
roy
3rd

to edm
bernier
shore
Wow that's bad

Why do all of your posts have the same quantity for quality offers?

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
to la
rajala
pelss
roy
3rd

to edm
bernier
shore
who?

I don't see Bernier being traded now until at least the draft. Teams that wanted him missed their chance, since he is now the starter at this moment in time for LA

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Jack de la Hoya

What does a deal around Matt Read look like?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

I'm bad at proposals like this. But if we're planning on buying out Bryz.

Scott Laughton and a 2nd in 2014

I'm sure Flyers fans will hate it, but he's a top goalie prospect who has a small proven sample in the NHL.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:32 PM
KBA4life

Philly and LA make a lot of sense for a Bernier deal. I'd kill to have Simmonds back...Bernier and Lewis for Simmonds?

KBA4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:33 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBA4life View Post
Philly and LA make a lot of sense for a Bernier deal. I'd kill to have Simmonds back...Bernier and Lewis for Simmonds?
Simmonds aint being moved, sorry, haha. Fan favorite, has been dynamite since joining us, and is on a nice friendly deal.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I think Simmonds is here to stay.

Briere + ___ would seem to make sense, given that LAK seem to have some cap space next year, but he'd be an... interesting... fit in Sutter's system. Flyers would need to add anyway, and I'm not sure what kind of piece they could include.

Meszaros could be available, but I doubt he has enough value to be the centerpiece.

Read is the only thing that comes to mind. Cheap for his production, defensively responsible, young enough to be a long-term piece. Not sure that makes sense for either side--but that's the most logical starting point in my opinion.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post

Briere + ___ would seem to make sense, given that LAK seem to have some cap space next year, but he'd be an... interesting... fit in Sutter's system. Flyers would need to add anyway, and I'm not sure what kind of piece they could include.

Meszaros could be available, but I doubt he has enough value to be the centerpiece.

Read is the only thing that comes to mind. Cheap for his production, defensively responsible, young enough to be a long-term piece. Not sure that makes sense for either side--but that's the most logical starting point in my opinion.
We have minimal cap space next year so Briere would be out of the question. Voynov has a large contract upcoming.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
We have minimal cap space next year so Briere would be out of the question. Voynov has a large contract upcoming.
Fair enough. I assumed that there would be room if Penner walked, but I can't say that I looked very carefully. It does look like LAK has a lot to do this offseason--only a handful of defensemen signed for next year, etc.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:45 PM
KBA4life

Quote:

Read is solid...Philly would need to add though. Kings' board bandied around a Bernier and Martinez deal for Coburn, a 2nd and a 3rd I believe. Close enough value wise?

KBA4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:28 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Read is solid...Philly would need to add though. Kings' board bandied around a Bernier and Martinez deal for Coburn, a 2nd and a 3rd I believe. Close enough value wise?
Nah. I wouldn't deal Coburn for that. Martinez does nothing, so we are giving up Coburn, 2nd, 3rd for Bernier....nah.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:06 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Nah. I wouldn't deal Coburn for that. Martinez does nothing, so we are giving up Coburn, 2nd, 3rd for Bernier....nah.
I wouldn't do A Mart for Coburn straight across.

I didn't know that Philly was loaded with solid two PMD's who are responsible in their own end and very good in the O zone. If we didn't have Doughty and Voynov A Mart would be right there on our top PP unit. He already spends a ton of time on our 2nd pp unit and is always a solid player.

The only reason you would ever see his name mentioned by King fans in any proposal is due to the development of Muzzin who leads all rookie D in plus minus and is right near the top in scoring among them too.

A Mart is a great young player who the Kings would sorely miss, unfortunately due to injuries to Willie M and M Greene we need a more physical SAH type of D. That is the only scenario that we would ever consider moving A Mart under. Kid can play and has 2nd pairing upside if he isn't already there.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I wouldn't do A Mart for Coburn straight across.

I didn't know that Philly was loaded with solid two PMD's who are responsible in their own end and very good in the O zone. If we didn't have Doughty and Voynov A Mart would be right there on our top PP unit. He already spends a ton of time on our 2nd pp unit and is always a solid player.

The only reason you would ever see his name mentioned by King fans in any proposal is due to the development of Muzzin who leads all rookie D in plus minus and is right near the top in scoring among them too.

A Mart is a great young player who the Kings would sorely miss, unfortunately due to injuries to Willie M and M Greene we need a more physical SAH type of D. That is the only scenario that we would ever consider moving A Mart under. Kid can play and has 2nd pairing upside if he isn't already there.
Bolded = wow.

Anyway, he sounds like a good player, but one not totally dissimilar from guys like Gustafsson and prospects like Gostisbehere.

The Flyers can't move Coburn to downgrade. He could be available in a package for an upgrade, but that's not really an issue here.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:36 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Bolded = wow.

Anyway, he sounds like a good player, but one not totally dissimilar from guys like Gustafsson and prospects like Gostisbehere.

The Flyers can't move Coburn to downgrade. He could be available in a package for an upgrade, but that's not really an issue here.
Agree. Lol...and people say we overrate our players.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:39 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Read is solid...Philly would need to add though.
What sort of plus?

Old
03-17-2013, 09:41 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
I'm bad at proposals like this. But if we're planning on buying out Bryz.

Scott Laughton and a 2nd in 2014

I'm sure Flyers fans will hate it, but he's a top goalie prospect who has a small proven sample in the NHL.
That's a very fair deal IMO

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:55 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Not a big fan of Bernier. I honestly think he's too small to not be exposed in a prolonged starting role, way too much to shoot at.

Not the direction the flyers should go in, and not the guy who's going to fix our goaltending.

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:59 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Martinez is highly underrated on this board it seems. Yeah, the guy plays our bottom pairing, but that's because he has Doughty and Voynov ahead of him. Amart's a smart player with good instincts and some offense. The guy is solid.

Kings really aren't interested in small forwards like Read and Briere. Simmonds would be ideal but I can see why the flyers wouldn't want to part with him.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:05 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The way Bernier is playing, his value is going to steadily increase, and that includes his value to the team. The Kings may be better off hanging onto him for the time being. No rush in trading him.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:08 AM
Ronk

He keeps playing like he is, LA is better off keeping him over whatever marginal upgrade on D they can get for one year.

Ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:13 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
Simmonds aint being moved, sorry, haha. Fan favorite, has been dynamite since joining us, and is on a nice friendly deal.
That's what we said...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:16 AM
Vancouver Canucks*

Quote:
to la
rajala
pelss
roy
3rd