HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Luongo Thread - Razor Ramon Edition (MOD WARNING POST #922)

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
Here's what I'd take for Lou

Van

Forsberg
Neuvirth
Ribeiro
Hendricks

Was

Luongo
Perhaps a 2nd to even it out?
Make it our first and might get their attention. Even then I have my doubts. If they do... we make that deal.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:32 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Forsberg would be the center piece of that proposal.

I'd do it.

Ribeiro helps now, Forsberg is a solid prospect with definite NHL upside, Hendricks and Neuvirth both fill needs.

I know we need a goalie, but I don't much like Neuvirth and would like to see us get a pick too...don't know if we need hendricks if we get Ribeiro, with Kesler, Hank, and Lappy we're more than solid at Center, and that's not including Schroeder who IMO has a spot there.
Ideally Forsberg would be considered the centrepiece, if we're trading one of our goalies, there better be someone coming back who's a significant contributor now.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Cocoa Crisp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
If we can get do something around Grabo for Lou that'd be great. Then all I'd want is a bonafide top 6 forward to play with Kesler. Not any David Booth ****. If we could just get that solid winger that is top 6 quality then I'm fine with having that last spot in the top 6 be a revolving door.
If we trade for Grabovski, it'll probably be something like:

D Sedin H Sedin Burrows
Booth Grabo Kesler
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Kassian Lapierre Higgins
Weise
Sestito
Pinizotto
Jensen

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Tanev
Garrison Ballard
Alberts
Barker
Vandermeer
Joslin

Schneider
Scrivens

Dispute the lines all you want, it's still a massive logjam at forward.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:21 PM
dave babych returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa Crisp View Post
By the time Booth is healthy it's playoff time and your 23 man roster limit is out the window.

But just for the sake of argument, if you put leave Jensen in the AHL where he belongs a Grabovski acquisition means that you have two extra forwards, a fringe guy in Tom Sestito and a career (until recently) AHLer in Pinnizotto.

Would the Canucks balk at making a crucial acquisition because it meant waiving and maybe losing a couple of players they clearly were not relying on for this season (given one of them wasn't in the organization and the other hasn't been healthy for what, a year and a half)?

Old
03-22-2013, 02:34 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Ideally Forsberg would be considered the centrepiece, if we're trading one of our goalies, there better be someone coming back who's a significant contributor now.
So Forsberg is the centerpiece and the guy 11th in league scoring is the now help.

That's pretty good if you ask me, especially if it comes with a 2nd and Neuvirth.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Cocoa Crisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
By the time Booth is healthy it's playoff time and your 23 man roster limit is out the window.

But just for the sake of argument, if you put leave Jensen in the AHL where he belongs a Grabovski acquisition means that you have two extra forwards, a fringe guy in Tom Sestito and a career (until recently) AHLer in Pinnizotto.

Would the Canucks balk at making a crucial acquisition because it meant waiving and maybe losing a couple of players they clearly were not relying on for this season (given one of them wasn't in the organization and the other hasn't been healthy for what, a year and a half)?
Depth is always a great problem to have in the playoffs, but there comes a point where it's excessive and I draw that line somewhere around having Higgins as a fourth line forward.

Who knows? Maybe this is what happens. At this point, it's a pretty good return for Lu and a deal the Leafs would not have made in the offseason before Kadri establishing himself as a top 6 center.

It also creates a bit of a mess in the offseason. We'll need to unload both Ballard and Booth and every GM capable of using a calculator will know it, greatly increasing the likelihood of buyouts.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:17 PM
dave babych returns

Having Higgins as the 10th best forward on your depth chart on paper is very different from putting him on the fourth line.

And at any rate if we had all of those players in the mix at once maybe Raymond or Schroeder or Booth isn't playing up to snuff and sees time on the fourth line, the staff have a lot of options and the guys on the fourth line will be there because they failed to outplay or outwork three other centers or six other wingers.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:25 PM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa Crisp View Post
If we trade for Grabovski, it'll probably be something like:

D Sedin H Sedin Burrows
Booth Grabo Kesler
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Kassian Lapierre Higgins
Weise
Sestito
Pinizotto
Jensen

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Tanev
Garrison Ballard
Alberts
Barker
Vandermeer
Joslin

Schneider
Scrivens

You are wrong IMO. If Kesler is playing he will be playing at center...

Old
03-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Virtanev
+

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
Here's what I'd take for Lou

Van

Forsberg
Neuvirth
Ribeiro
Hendricks

Was

Luongo
Perhaps a 2nd to even it out?
I do this deal 10/10. Fillip Forsberg at #11 was the steal of the draft IMO, this guy was a top 5 talent, if we could somehow get Forsberg and Ribeiro for Lu I would be over the moon.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:54 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
You are wrong IMO. If Kesler is playing he will be playing at center...
Why?

03-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Uggh, if Ribiero was the centrepiece of the return for trading Lu I'd off myself.
Dont worry, Forsberg is the centrepiece of that deal anwway.

And Ribiero is a damn good player we'd be lucky to have him.

EDIT: But again like I said earlier that trade is never gonna happen. Not even anything remotely close to it as far as value coming back.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:23 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
Dont worry, Forsberg is the centrepiece of that deal anwway.

And Ribiero is a damn good player we'd be lucky to have him.

EDIT: But again like I said earlier that trade is never gonna happen. Not even anything remotely close to it as far as value coming back.
Then I'd be surprised if Luongo were dealt. You don't just give away Roberto Luongo.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Then I'd be surprised if Luongo were dealt. You don't just give away Roberto Luongo.
And other teams dont just give away top line centres and their top prospect (who by the way is better than any prospect we've had in years) for a 33 year old goaltender with a horrid contract.

Washington is bad this year. They will likely miss the playoffs. Now tell me, why the hell would a team that is essentially re-building trade their youngest and most valuable prospect for a player who is 15 years older? If Washington were a competitive team looking for one more piece to put them over the hump then this deal would somewhat make sense but even then its a stretch.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:39 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
And other teams dont just give away top line centres and their top prospect (who by the way is better than any prospect we've had in years) for a 33 year old goaltender with a horrid contract.

Washington is bad this year. They will likely miss the playoffs. Now tell me, why the hell would a team that is essentially re-building trade their youngest and most valuable prospect for a player who is 15 years older? If Washington were a competitive team looking for one more piece to put them over the hump then this deal would somewhat make sense but even then its a stretch.
Because they wouldn't be doing the Edmonton Oilers style, **** the bed for 6 years model of rebuild.

More like the Flyers in 07'.

Most of their team is in the prime age to compete, why do you think they went after Ribeiro to begin with.

They'd be moving Ribeiro and a good prospect (he's getting overrated a ton...good but not great in my eyes...Forsberg that is) for a premier NHL starter that automatically vaults them IMO to the top 3rd of their conference next year.

Holtby has let in 3 or more 11 times in 20 games this year (4 or more 6 times). he's got 4 shutouts that make his numbers look decent, he's a work in progress to say the least.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Love

You guys are absolutely out of your mind if this is the kind of return you're expecting for Luongo.

Forsberg is an 18 year old kid playing in a professional league and is top 10 in the league in points per game.

Mike Ribeiro is a #1 centre and has more points than anyone on our team has this year.

Roberto Luongo is an aging goaltender with worse numbers than Braden Holtby this year.

But hey if you dont believe me, go to the Caps board and propose this deal. Im sure they'll get quite the laugh about it.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Svengeance
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
But hey if you dont believe me, go to the Caps board and propose this deal. Im sure they'll get quite the laugh about it.
Good thing fans from HF aren't GM's, we can propose what ever the hell we want and we can expect the moon if we so desire because we're fans of our team.

I seriously don't care about the opinions on a trade from another fan base, they will forever undervalue our players while we overvalue them and the answer isn't always in the middle. If I'm bored enough I will get involved in a main board trade thread but its purely to pass the time, its not like anything any of us say will ever make or break a trade.

So no, I don't see the point in going to another teams forum and making absurd trade offers, we can dream at our own board because I'm pretty sure thats what its for.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:21 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Why?
Because he blows Mike Gillis's cover for dumping Hodgson.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Ciccio1980

If one of the teams luongo would waive to go to and the team offered a 2 nd round pick he would have been traded no one wants that contract value = extremely low

Old
03-22-2013, 05:25 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccio1980 View Post
If one of the teams luongo would waive to go to and the team offered a 2 nd round pick he would have been traded no one wants that contract value = extremely low
Can you let me know now if this is the type of wisdom you share regularly...

Old
03-22-2013, 05:45 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amused To Death View Post
Only way Grabovski for Luongo deal goes down IMO is if the Leafs take salary back in the deal. 1-1.5m. Otherwise our cap structure is much more uncomfortable in the next season or two.

Then we would do it, I think.
Agreed - if they take back 1.5 at least.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:53 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
If drunks like Belfore and Khabibulin can play in the NHL into their 40's then so can Loungo. Bulin is getting 3.7 million this year.

Lou is 10 times the athlete that these guys are.

value= fairly high

Old
03-22-2013, 06:09 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
Having Higgins as the 10th best forward on your depth chart on paper is very different from putting him on the fourth line.

And at any rate if we had all of those players in the mix at once maybe Raymond or Schroeder or Booth isn't playing up to snuff and sees time on the fourth line, the staff have a lot of options and the guys on the fourth line will be there because they failed to outplay or outwork three other centers or six other wingers.
Having Higgy and Lappy together on your 4th line is terrific depth. It's also the kind of depth we should've had up front going into the SCF.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Ciccio1980

For the record I know luongo is a top ten goalie it's just his contract hurting his value

Old
03-22-2013, 07:08 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
For the record I know luongo is a top ten goalie it's just his contract hurting his value
While it us hurting his value, it is still worth more than two 2nds. We know his value is somewhere around Kadri, Bozak and a second. I think Kadri and a second is worth more than two seconds, let a lone adding Bozak.

Realistic value, that I have been saying the entire time is around 3 1sts. however you want to break that up is up to the teams involved. But it most likely will be in the form of a prospect, a roster player and some pick.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:52 AM
Buffalo In A Carwash

Quote:
Can't believe we STILL get posts like this.

Closed Thread