HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Danny Taylor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2013, 01:14 PM
  #51
Method Man
Bring the Pain
 
Method Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,972
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
So you advocate tanking?
Are you surprised? All he does is complain, put the team down and make exaggerated claims as to what he thinks is a typical Feaster move.

Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:19 PM
  #52
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,653
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Are you surprised? All he does is complain, put the team down and make exaggerated claims as to what he thinks is a typical Feaster move.
Not really but given how much **** this fan base gives Edmonton for tanking to then turn around and hope we do the same is double face palm worthy.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:46 PM
  #53
YMCMBYOLO
WEDABEST
 
YMCMBYOLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,360
vCash: 879
If we are rebuilding, please keep Stajan and Comeau. Those guys actually try game in and out.

Also, congrats to Kipper and his wife!

YMCMBYOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:50 PM
  #54
Nordberg
Registered User
 
Nordberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Landskrona
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,591
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
If we are rebuilding, please keep Stajan and Comeau. Those guys actually try game in and out.

Also, congrats to Kipper and his wife!
I wouldn't at all mind keeping Comeau as a 3rd line winger and depth player. He is pretty good at what he does. It's just that some need to accept that he doesn't do scoring. Obviously he should never have to be used as a #2C.

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:04 PM
  #55
Mike Jones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
So you advocate tanking?
Yes, this would be a good season to tank and go for the higher pick. Which is why I don't disagree with bringing Taylor up and giving he and MacDonald playing time in Kipper's absence. Again, it would be a good time to give Kipper all the time he needs to be with his family - even if it's longer than he really wants or needs.

What's the alternative? Do fans want to keep languishing at 8th and 9th and not go anywhere? Do fans want the ownership and management to throw future assets away on a misguided effort to win now?

Why not tank this year and grab a good pick to start a rebuild?


Last edited by Mike Jones: 03-18-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:06 PM
  #56
Mike Jones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Are you surprised? All he does is complain, put the team down and make exaggerated claims as to what he thinks is a typical Feaster move.
Go back and read my posts again.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 06:19 PM
  #57
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Yes, this would be a good season to tank and go for the higher pick. Which is why I don't disagree with bringing Taylor up and giving he and MacDonald playing time in Kipper's absence. Again, it would be a good time to give Kipper all the time he needs to be with his family - even if it's longer than he really wants or needs.

What's the alternative? Do fans want to keep languishing at 8th and 9th and not go anywhere? Do fans want the ownership and management to throw future assets away on a misguided effort to win now?

Why not tank this year and grab a good pick to start a rebuild?
There's a fine line between rebuilding and purposely scratching your best players to finish lower in the standings. This is the NHL, there's no paternity leave for hockey players.

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:59 PM
  #58
Flames Fanatic
Mediocre
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cochrane
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,906
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
There's a fine line between rebuilding and purposely scratching your best players to finish lower in the standings. This is the NHL, there's no paternity leave for hockey players.
Kipper says hi

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:44 AM
  #59
Lazar Beams
Moderator
PEW PEW PEW
 
Lazar Beams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Inside my own head
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 13,250
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Kipper says hi
So do Alberta's labour laws.

Dude could take parental leave for what... 8 months? if he chose.

Lazar Beams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:20 AM
  #60
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,926
vCash: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
So do Alberta's labour laws.

Dude could take parental leave for what... 8 months? if he chose.
Maybe he should?

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:04 AM
  #61
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Kipper says hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
So do Alberta's labour laws.

Dude could take parental leave for what... 8 months? if he chose.
I meant paternity leave like actually 2 months not one day. I guess technically he can, but when you're in the NHL you won't

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:26 AM
  #62
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker
 
Hand of Gaudreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
I meant paternity leave like actually 2 months not one day. I guess technically he can, but when you're in the NHL you won't
This is how the Flames are planning to lose the media hit for losing so many games in a row, they were just doing right by their franchise goalie, unfortunate timing is all they are gonna say lol.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:51 AM
  #63
TylerSVT*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
There's a fine line between rebuilding and purposely scratching your best players to finish lower in the standings. This is the NHL, there's no paternity leave for hockey players.
Its not like Kipper has played out of his mind this season. He has been average at best.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:00 PM
  #64
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFinnishStarter View Post
This is how the Flames are planning to lose the media hit for losing so many games in a row, they were just doing right by their franchise goalie, unfortunate timing is all they are gonna say lol.
Yup, with injuries and what not I wouldn't be surprised if they did use that as an excuse, but honestly I think they're smarter then that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Its not like Kipper has played out of his mind this season. He has been average at best.
Your missing my point, Im not talking about how good or bad Kipper's been playing im talking about scratching him so that the team can finish lower in the standings. I agree Kipper hasn't been Kipper but he still gives us the best chance to win out of all goalies (no offence to MacDonald as I think he's been playing very well for a backup).

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:23 PM
  #65
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
So do Alberta's labour laws.

Dude could take parental leave for what... 8 months? if he chose.
Employment standards don't apply to a CBA. But human rights law might, as it would be discrimination to refuse to provide parental leave, similar to a layoff.

Actually, I'm not sure the CBA would say anything about it.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:44 AM
  #66
Lazar Beams
Moderator
PEW PEW PEW
 
Lazar Beams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Inside my own head
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 13,250
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Employment standards don't apply to a CBA. But human rights law might, as it would be discrimination to refuse to provide parental leave, similar to a layoff.

Actually, I'm not sure the CBA would say anything about it.
probably not.

Worst thing that would happen is he gets suspended by the team for not reporting. I suppose he could theoretically collect ei during this period.

Lazar Beams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.