HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Gloves with best palms

Old
03-14-2013, 09:42 AM
SaintTavares

vCash: 500
Gloves with best palms

I'm currently using Brooklynite Genesis gloves, and while they're holding up pretty good, I'm thinking about getting another pair of gloves soon. I was using a cheap pair of Mission Axiom gloves before, and really liked them, but the palms wore on them so fast. I'm looking to spend around 60-70 bucks max on a pair of gloves, any suggestions for a pair like this whose palms will hold up for awhile?

SaintTavares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I've found clarino palms held up better than nash leather. I use Warrior gloves that I got on clearance for about $50 a pair. But you really have to try on gloves so you know they will work for you.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:49 AM
AIREAYE

I would avoid Warrior to minimize risk of having dud palms. Granted, every brand makes gloves with good and bad palms, but Warrior's older models (which should be on clearance at your price range) seem to exhibit more frequent durability issues. Their newer and current models seem fine however.

I would suggest trying to find a pair of old Eagle gloves featuring MSH2 palms, argued by many to be the best in terms of feel and durability.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 04:52 PM
Shaun Bisson

My favourite palm was far and away my Bauer Vapor XXX. Just a fantastic grip/feel. That being said, my APXs are great too. My uncle had a contract with Eagle when he was in the league and I was able to get a couple pairs of gloves out of it, but I felt their palms to be a bit too grainy for my liking.

Shaun Bisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 10:55 PM
r3cc0s

if you look at a majority of pro's NHL/AHL/ECHL/Federal league, most gloves are a basic clarino

there are alot of varities... ranging from cheaper nash's -> clarino -> microfiber msh2 -> organic digital (leather) and other leathers like goat/kangaroo skin

its all preference, but I find the most resistant to getting crusty, while retaining a transparent feel with a good tackiness... I really like Clarino

I use CCM 852 pro stocks

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 11:23 PM
SaintTavares

I actually went and bought some Alkali's, CA5's. From what I read the palms hold up pretty good, so we'll see when they come next week.

SaintTavares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:17 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'd love to try MSH2 but don't like Eagle glove fit. I've bought them twice and returned them. Clarino for me seems to last at least a full year before starting to get crusty. Nash can get crusty within a few months depending on how well they are dried out.

The C9's seem to have clarino with an extra palm layer and the C5's have a single nash layer, makes me think I'd prefer the C9's. Just be sure to dry them out as well as you can after games.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:57 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I'd love to try MSH2 but don't like Eagle glove fit. I've bought them twice and returned them. Clarino for me seems to last at least a full year before starting to get crusty. Nash can get crusty within a few months depending on how well they are dried out.

The C9's seem to have clarino with an extra palm layer and the C5's have a single nash layer, makes me think I'd prefer the C9's. Just be sure to dry them out as well as you can after games.
Ever try the Talon line?

Old
03-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yeah I bought a PPFi and a Talon and both went back after warmups. Just don't like how they cut the palms.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:16 PM
AIREAYE

At the rate Eagle's going, I expect them to put out great gloves once more in the near future.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:43 AM
deve

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3cc0s View Post
if you look at a majority of pro's NHL/AHL/ECHL/Federal league, most gloves are a basic clarino
That's not true.
Vast majority of pro-stock gloves have nash palms.

deve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:37 PM
wingfan

I won't wear a glove other than Eagle. I currently have the X95's and love them, the palms are unreal.

wingfan is offline   Reply With Quote