HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 11:19 AM
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
Golden as always MAKAVELI, but it'd be better if you put the Cherry segment first I think.

I wonder how many Brooms fans will report your post this time? They should call a press conference.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...36642954387457

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Am told the Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired Douglas Murray from the San Jose Sharks... trade call still pending

Pens acting like Crosby is 35 years old and not 25. All in.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:16 PM
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member

Meanwhile, Bergevin is at Dandenault's place trying to coax him out of retirement.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:16 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

God damn it. Murray was one of the guys I liked. If he was had for cheap, I don't like it. Still waiting on the return, though.
You'd think it's painfully obvious we need a stay-at-home kind of D back there. Tinordi is nowhere near NHL-ready and we don't have anything else remotely NHL-ready that plays that role in the system.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Douglas Murray is ****ing terrible, I'd rather let Tinordi or Pateryn gain experience than give up assets for that blob.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:20 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Murray isn't as good as you guys think. Calm down.

03-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
God damn it. Murray was one of the guys I liked. If he was had for cheap, I don't like it. Still waiting on the return, though.
You'd think it's painfully obvious we need a stay-at-home kind of D back there. Tinordi is nowhere near NHL-ready and we don't have anything else remotely NHL-ready that plays that role in the system.
I'm sure you havent watch a single game of SJ this year. Tinordi looks years ahead of Murray ..

Old
03-25-2013, 12:21 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Douglas Murray is ****ing terrible, I'd rather let Tinordi or Pateryn gain experience than give up assets for that blob.
Once again, neither Pateryn or Tinordi have what it takes to play that role. And neither of them should do it next year neither. They still have a lot to learn on the physical aspect of the game. And when I mean a lot, it's A LOT.

I hope Bergevin is looking at other options such as Regehr. We badly, badly need a big d-man who can clear the crease.

Claiming Jeff Halpern off the waivers is not going to help us short-term, neither will it help us on the long-term.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:22 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
I'm sure you havent watch a single game of SJ this year. Tinordi looks years ahead of Murray ..
Tinordi, even though he's one of my favorite prospects, has looked f-ing terrible in his last two outings. Handled the puck like a grenade, and still hasn't even been throwing a single big hit in 4 games. He hasn't been particularly sharp in the crease neither.

He still has lots to learn in the A.

I didn't mind Morrow going to Pittsburgh. But Murray would have been a very good addition, would have provided a different dimension on our d-core as a #6 d-man, and would have likely cost very little to get.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:25 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Tinordi is 'nowhere near nhl ready' but you really like douglas murray? Like 2013's douglas murray?

Old
03-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Andy

Are we really surprised by Bergevin's inactivity? Like Lebrun said, Bergevin is not keen in anyway on spending assets for rentals. He wants to improve his team but not at the expense of organization depth. The only way we'll see a deal with Bergevin if it is a "hockey deal", which means probably something more on the lines of a Jordan Staal, Mike Richards deal. Don't expect much, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bergevin move Moen at the deadline (given his rational on the Cole trade) since he'll probably be in demand.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 31s

#Pens finalizing a trade for #Sharks Douglas Murray. Latest talk I heard was draft picks involving 2 2nd rounds or 2nd/ 3rd. #tradetracker

Old
03-25-2013, 12:28 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Are we really surprised by Bergevin's inactivity? Like Lebrun said, Bergevin is not keen in anyway on spending assets for rentals. He wants to improve his team but not at the expense of organization depth. The only way we'll see a deal with Bergevin if it is a "hockey deal", which means probably something more on the lines of a Jordan Staal, Mike Richards deal. Don't expect much, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bergevin move Moen at the deadline (given his rational on the Cole trade) since he'll probably be in demand.
outside Shero pretty much every GM is inactive. Dont think we can judge MB "character" based on this week end or anything.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:29 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
Trust me, he is an expert on the Sharks.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:30 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
All I'm asking for is a stay-at-home d-man who can put on 17 minutes + of ice time, and replacing Moen or White with a guy actually doing his job on a consistent basis.

I couldn't care less about the Brendan Morrow deal. The Murray deal and what the return was stings though, as it probably means the prices are going to be HUGE this year.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...40803204853761

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 45s
PIT's acquisition price on Douglas Murray is two second-round picks.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:31 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Trust me, he is an expert on the Sharks.
Without being an expert (like you look like you think you are), I'm convinced Murray could help a team like Montreal. Maybe not for 2 2nd round picks, but we have to get a player in that mold, who's going to play as a 3rd pairing d-man for 17-18 minutes per game

Old
03-25-2013, 12:32 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...40803204853761

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 45s
PIT's acquisition price on Douglas Murray is two second-round picks.
That's... rich.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:33 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 31s

#Pens finalizing a trade for #Sharks Douglas Murray. Latest talk I heard was draft picks involving 2 2nd rounds or 2nd/ 3rd. #tradetracker

Wow...I would have liked Murray cheap (yes even though he's not the shutdown god some people still think he is) but that's too much. I can only imagine what the price for Clowe is.

I don't blame the Pens for going all-in though. They're on a 12 game winning streak and they've won most of those games without Malkin. Pretty hard not to like their chances this year.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:33 PM
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member

It's not the acquisition of Morrow or Murray that bothers me - I didn't want either player. It's that the Pens are setting the tone for the trade deadline and also setting the prices and that they're calling the shots. It's an arms race, I think the Habs have to start calling some shots beyond nabbing Jeff Halpern.

Bourque and Diaz are still out, we should pick up a winger at least.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:34 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Tinordi is 'nowhere near nhl ready' but you really like douglas murray? Like 2013's douglas murray?

You're kidding yourself if you think a guy like Murray couldn't help this team if he's used correctly. I wouldn't have given 2 second rounders for him, I expected him to fetch a 3rd tier prospect and a 3rd in 2014 or something along those lines, but to say he's not useful is exaggeration. I guess Ray Shero knows less than you guys do...

Old
03-25-2013, 12:34 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Never expect much from this organization. Usually very passive.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:35 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Wow...I would have liked Murray cheap (yes even though he's not the shutdown god some people still think he is) but that's too much. I can only imagine what the price for Clowe is.

I don't blame the Pens for going all-in though. They're on a 12 game winning streak and they've won most of those games without Malkin. Pretty hard not to like their chances this year.
He might not be a shutdown God, but used 17-18 minutes per game on the 3rd pairing, he adds a pretty damn good element to your roster.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:39 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...36642954387457

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Am told the Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired Douglas Murray from the San Jose Sharks... trade call still pending

Pens acting like Crosby is 35 years old and not 25. All in.
Damn. This hurts.

I am starting to believe that Bergevin is just a younger version of Gauthier.

Pens get Murray. We get Halpern.

Wow.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:39 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
It's not the acquisition of Morrow or Murray that bothers me - I didn't want either player. It's that the Pens are setting the tone for the trade deadline and also setting the prices and that they're calling the shots. It's an arms race, I think the Habs have to start calling some shots beyond nabbing Jeff Halpern.

Bourque and Diaz are still out, we should pick up a winger at least.
thing is, Pens are (sort of) the complete opposite of the Habs, they have lots of star power and not much depth while we don't have many stars (definitely not at Malkin/Crosby level anyway) but good depth.

Closed Thread