HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pit/col

Old
03-18-2013, 04:41 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson55 View Post
haha in what world is deryk engelland an untouchable, because its not in this one. he would absolutely be moved in the right deal

I expect more from a pens fan from my home town lol
When did I ever say he was untouchable? I would only trade him if we were getting toughness back (not Cody McLeod).

Last edited by MichiganWolverines: 03-18-2013 at 05:27 PM.
MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:54 PM
Hockeygod66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson55 View Post
haha in what world is deryk engelland an untouchable, because its not in this one. he would absolutely be moved in the right deal

I expect more from a pens fan from my home town lol
He's untouchable. Tanner glass however can be had for a 1st round pick and a blue chip prospect.

Hockeygod66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
When did I ever say he was untouchable? I would only trade him if we were getting toughness back (not Cody McLeod).
Cody McLeod brings toughness and grit. Some of the same tangible elements Engelland brings. Can Colorado fans agree?

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Priest View Post
Cody McLeod brings toughness and grit. Some of the same tangible elements Engelland brings. Can Colorado fans agree?
Indeed, Cody fights in the middle weight class, but will go through a wall for his teammates if anything happened on the ice. He'll hit anyone without concern for himself, but he's not quick enough to really hit star players.

Where he earns his paycheck ins in playing that gray area between a fourth line grinder and third line energy forward. He does both roles well and has actually shown solid penalty killing skills for us this season.

He's pretty much replaced Daniel Winnik in our lineup.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:36 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
I am aware that he is tough. But, I would rather have Deryk Engelland. Deryk Engelland is a solid bottom-pairing defenseman, but he is having a rough start to the season. In the last few games he has been consistently good. He is also one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the NHL. His contract is also a reason why we should keep him.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:43 PM
PAZ

vCash: 50
Quote:
Matt Niskanen + Prospect/Tyler Kennedy + a first round draft pick for Jamie McGinn + Patrick Bordeleau.

I think that Jamie McGinn could have a great chemistry with Sidney Crosby. Patrick Bordeleau adds size/toughness to the line-up.
The 1st really isn't enticing, we aren't looking to get rid of a young top 6 winger where Niskanen + 1st is the main piece. If you change it to Niskanen + Maata for McGinn + Bordeleau + 3rd i'd do it. Don't know if the Pens would consider it though.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:11 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
The 1st really isn't enticing, we aren't looking to get rid of a young top 6 winger where Niskanen + 1st is the main piece. If you change it to Niskanen + Maata for McGinn + Bordeleau + 3rd i'd do it. Don't know if the Pens would consider it though.
I would do this trade, it seems fair. We already have plenty of depth with defensive prospects.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:50 AM
Master Shake

Engelland is worth more to the pens than he would fetch in return in a trade

Master Shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:30 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
i think the Pens could afford to do that. they have enough defensive depth.

yeah, i'd probably do that.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 06:39 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Not interested in Niskanen, he's playing well in Pittsburgh but I'd prefer to not roll the dice that a change of scenary reverts him back to his Dallas ways, especially on our terrible club.

Maata + 1st for McGinn + McLeod

If we did this though, we'd be decimating our LW depth and I really can't see Sherman parting with his most sought after recent addition in McGinn. Especially since he's been a very good component of Duchy's line, playing the physical part of that line.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 07:58 AM
Anderson55

Quote:

Oh i sorry he will not be traded is the definition of untouchable in hockey talk.

hes a 6-8th def he will be moved if the right deal was there

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Suttertron16

Quote:
This trade would be a Trade Deadline Day deal:

To Pittsburgh:
Cody McLeod

To Colorado:
Deryk Engelland

Pittsburgh's reason:
Pittsburgh adds some toughness and grit to the 4th line. Due to organizational depth, they can afford to part with a defensemen and Engelland becomes expendable. McLeod has 2 years remaining on his deal, so he becomes a long term fit for the Penguins, not just a rental. With the cap expected to drop next season, it will be tough for the Penguins to come to agreements with Dupuis, Cooke, Kennedy(RFA) and Jeffrey(RFA), not to mention larger raises with Malkin and Letang in the future. I believe the Pens let Cooke walk and McLeod becomes a cheaper fit and plays a similar role.

Colorado's reason:
Colorado can move McLeod due to the emergence of Bordeleau. Engelland brings back some of the loss in toughness/grit (but on the blue line) and would fill a need for Colorado. This would make more sense if they were to move a Zanon/O'Brien at the trade deadline as well. Engelland has another year remaining on his current contract at a very cheap price.

Is the value there? Seem reasonable? What are your thoughts?
Done

Suttertron16 is offline   Reply With Quote