HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kaleta/Miller/Harrington/Ott "Saga", now Mike doesn't like us

Old
03-18-2013, 08:06 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

vCash: 500
Kinda sad, because Harrington is a halfway decent baseball writer. When it comes to hockey though, all he knows is drama.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:10 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by S319R11S16 View Post
So the only guy who has a big enough spine to say anything is wrong with the team and in the locker room and he's a hypocrite? Please.

Miller is first to say he needs to be better. We all know that a big part of sports is the mentality that goes into games.

No doubt in my mind the piss poor performances in front of him have reflections on him. Why wouldn't they? Does he need to be better? Absolutely. But calling him a hypocrite and a locker room cancer is absurd.

Hardly any player in that locker room is taking accountability. They all need to ****ing go. I'm sick and tired of this ****ing crap.

You can start with the ****ing captian who can't even say he was at fault when its blatantly obvious he would rather throw his stick out than try to take a body.
Agreed, but all of the people who think this is a big deal seem to also be the people that don't ever seem to know what they're talking about.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:11 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by S319R11S16 View Post
For good reason.

He shouldn't be here.
If you can't see Hecht is a good defensive forward in this league, then perhaps you should consider watching another sport.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:12 AM
Selanne00008

what a mess!

I've always sided with Kaleta on things and while there really shouldn't even be any side to this pot stirring it all I will admit I like everything kaleta had to say.

He's pissed, frustrated and not happy. As he should be. While he does need to be smarter with those kinds of hits, he does play with an edge and with the speed of the game it is hard to never cross that line when you play so close to it.

He needs to be on the very small list of players that need to stay during the blow it up mode IMO.

Last edited by Selanne00008: 03-18-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:23 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Guys, relax with the slang. Whether or not a slang word is misogynist, homophobic or whatever, avoid using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Site Rules
Do not use profanity, racial, ethnic, religious, or other slurs and stereotypes, or post sexually-oriented material, masturbatory and excretory references, or any other offensive material.
Again, if you see anything that breaks the rules, report it. Thanks.

vcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:51 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
If you can't see Hecht is a good defensive forward in this league, then perhaps you should consider watching another sport.
I've seen him make more than his share of mistakes in his own end.

I'd rather the time be given to someone who might amount to something some day.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:09 AM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
its obvious that you went back and edited your post after you realized your belief in Harrington's framing of this whole debacle influenced your opinion that Kaleta was being a drama queen.

regardless... Miller's response was a gutless showing from a guy who has quit on his team.
Lmao. Kaleta had no business saying that to the press, it was melodramatic and out of order. Miller said so, and rightly added 'we'll deal with this in the locker room as a team'.

It reaffirms what I always say about Kaleta, he needs to grow up or get out of the NHL, he can't keep acting like a child.

RazielMoshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Jame
Dream '16

remember late in 2011, when Miller got pulled, and Enroth went on to start the next game or 2 in Miller's place... and Miller complained to the media (he was "pissed off" about it)...

would 2013 Miller tell 2011 Miller to grow up?

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Tyler2829

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazielMoshman View Post
Lmao. Kaleta had no business saying that to the press, it was melodramatic and out of order. Miller said so, and rightly added 'we'll deal with this in the locker room as a team'.

It reaffirms what I always say about Kaleta, he needs to grow up or get out of the NHL, he can't keep acting like a child.
What exactly did Kaleta say that was so out of order?

Tyler2829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:49 AM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Quote:
Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington
Interesting to see message bd bozos griping about ??s asked of the Sabres. Usual gripe is about what isn't asked. Can't have it both ways.
No Mike, you know what's interesting is that you think you know more than anyone else. Many of us here have way more knowledge of the game then you. You ask questions, that's not a terribly tough job to do but as they say in journalism (yes I took classes Mike) "If it bleeds it reads" right Mikey?

imyourhuckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:53 AM
RattleYourSabre

Here's the exact quote Miller commented on:

Quote:
Harrington to Miller: Patty was upset about being scratched. He (Kaleta) said he needs to talk to the team to see if they want me on the ice or on the team.
Miller commented on the fact that Kaleta said (which he didn't, by the way) he needs to talk to the team to see if they want him on the ice or on the team.

He didn't comment about the fact that Kaleta was "pissed off".

IF anyone said they needed to see if they were wanted on the team I'd say they were being extremely dramatic. Unfortunately, no one said that... But we have a writer who misquoted someone and it led to this.

To my knowledge, that's not hypocritical in regards to Miller... As to my knowledge he's never said anything about needing to talk to the team to see if he's wanted.

Still, I wish Miller would have bit his tongue.

RattleYourSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:58 AM
sens4life
CLASSLESS

From the outside looking in...
- Kaleta was upset about not being put in the lineup
- The coaching staff could certainly use that to motivate Kaleta, and want players eager to be in the lineup
- Instead Miller opens his yap and responds to something which doesn't involve him
- This puts the coaching staff at odds on how to deal with something which really had the potential to be quite positive for Kaleta

Miller is the problem here. Nothing wrong with Kaleta saying what he did...

sens4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:08 AM
RattleYourSabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens4life View Post
- The coaching staff could certainly use that to motivate Kaleta, and want players eager to be in the lineup
- Instead Miller opens his yap and responds to something which doesn't involve him
- This puts the coaching staff at odds on how to deal with something which really had the potential to be quite positive for Kaleta

Eh.

Kaleta did nothing wrong. I agree.

Miller commented about Kaleta saying something along the lines of: "I have to see if the team still wants me". He did not comment on Kaleta being pissed off.

It's tough to blame either party (Kaleta or Miller). Though Kaleta deserves ZERO blame and Miller deserves just enough to be piled on for opening his mouth.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:11 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

I don't want to speculate much, but I think if Harrington accurately quotes Kaleta, Miller doesn't respond like that.

He's a clown. This whole situation is just another example of why I pay almost zero attention to anyone in the Buffalo media except for Sal Cappacio.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Capslock17

I think regardless of context, Miller is just upset in general. I wouldnt necessarily say he's quit on the team or mailing it in, but theres an obvious disconnect, and he's counting the days until april 3rd (or the end of the season/whatever because I'd be shocked if he's back next year)

Even with a mask on last night, you could see it on his face after each goal

Capslock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Zip15

Quote:

You missed a few parts in your chronology, including the journalist misrepresenting the quote and Miller responding to the misrepresented quote. Let's be honest, if Kaleta had made a comment like "I have to talk to the team to see if they still want me here," that would have been melodramatic. Miller could've been more tactful in his response, even if he did qualify it with "if that's what he said..."

Does this occur if Harrington doesn't wilfully--yes, wilfully, as I have little doubt he knew he could evoke a reaction from Miller in the immediate aftermath of a loss with a question about a player who didn't even play and a quote that was never uttered--misrepresent Kaleta? Of course not.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:15 AM
sens4life
CLASSLESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackTastic View Post
I don't want to speculate much, but I think if Harrington accurately quotes Kaleta, Miller doesn't respond like that.

He's a clown. This whole situation is just another example of why I pay almost zero attention to anyone in the Buffalo media except for Sal Cappacio.
It's not the media's fault how a player reacts. Especially on a vetran like Miller. Regardless of source or fact, Miller should know better than to throw a teammate under the bus...

Or I could be completely wrong.

sens4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:20 AM
RattleYourSabre

Quote:
It's not the media's fault how a player reacts. Especially on a vetran like Miller. Regardless of source or fact, Miller should know better than to throw a teammate under the bus...

Being honest, you're not completely wrong.

But I think you are slightly off the target.

Emotions run high. I assume you've played sports. When your team loses, you're upset. Some people hide it better. Others are always showing it. Some don't show it and then all of a sudden flip. There's a large gamut of ways for people to express their frustrations.

The reporter framed a question to Miller, which if quoted correctly is 100% fair to ask. However, he misrepresented the quote and Miller bit.

As I've said, Miller should know better than to bite. But when emotions are high sometimes you're not thinking. I still have a hard time placing too much blame on Ryan Miller for the episode, but he could have handled it better.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:20 AM
5 Minute Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
Here's the exact quote Miller commented on:

Miller commented on the fact that Kaleta said (which he didn't, by the way) he needs to talk to the team to see if they want him on the ice or on the team.

He didn't comment about the fact that Kaleta was "pissed off".

IF anyone said they needed to see if they were wanted on the team I'd say they were being extremely dramatic. Unfortunately, no one said that... But we have a writer who misquoted someone and it led to this.

To my knowledge, that's not hypocritical in regards to Miller... As to my knowledge he's never said anything about needing to talk to the team to see if he's wanted.

Still, I wish Miller would have bit his tongue.
The bottom line is your bottom line. Miller is a very seasoned vet and shouldn't be sucked in by the media to comment about a teammate. He should know better.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
Eh.

Kaleta did nothing wrong. I agree.

Miller commented about Kaleta saying something along the lines of: "I have to see if the team still wants me". He did not comment on Kaleta being pissed off.

It's tough to blame either party (Kaleta or Miller). Though Kaleta deserves ZERO blame and Miller deserves just enough to be piled on for opening his mouth.
This sums it up pretty well.

Can't wait for two weeks from now when TD info heats up!!

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:25 AM
RattleYourSabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
The bottom line is your bottom line. Miller is a very seasoned vet and shouldn't be sucked in by the media to comment about a teammate. He should know better.
Definitely don't disagree with you.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:31 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Kaleta : "I'm pissed, I want to play."

Harrington : "Ryan, Kaleta said your wife is a *****."

Miller : "I'LL STAB HIM!!"

HF Boards : "Miller shouldn't get sucked in by the media!!"

This is all academic. When the media IS the story, for whatever reason, they're doing it wrong. I'll never blame a player's response when the media is doing dumb stuff.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:31 AM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:

I partially disagree. Miller should have said we will discuss it internally. Kaleta should have limited it to saying "it is always disappointing not playing when healthy. Harrington has a journalistic responsibility to be accurate and not to senstionalize quotes. It is about his integrity, and the lack thereof in this situation, probably does feed into the response by Miller.

I am guessing here, but I think Rolston was sending a message that Kaleta made a play that hurt his team and he needs to think more about the ramifications of his actions. Oh hell, who knows, maybe it was an order from above.

No one disputes his loyalty and leaving it all on the ice and being protective in this town. That does not mean that he forever has a free pass from punishment by the team.

Interesting is that Harrington is well aware of what we are saying and is calling the paying customers "bozos." I would have to think that his bosses would not take too kindly to the twitter war crap that he is now throwing around.

flyingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:34 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by SackTastic View Post
Kaleta : "I'm pissed, I want to play."

Harrington : "Ryan, Kaleta said your wife is a *****."

Miller : "I'LL STAB HIM!!"

HF Boards : "Miller shouldn't get sucked in by the media!!"

This is all academic. When the media IS the story, for whatever reason, they're doing it wrong. I'll never blame a player's response when the media is doing dumb stuff.
To be fair, most players won't comment on what another player said, ESPECIALLY if they didn't hear it for themselves. I think it's a fair criticism.

vcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:35 AM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
Agreed, but Kaleta is no rookie either. Say your disappointed to not be out there, leave the content of the private conversation between you and the coach and move on. That is how to handle it while in control of your emotions.

One thing is clear, they are helping themselves implode with this stuff. When bad hockey teams have to focus on more than the game, they are in trouble. Not sure I am opposed. Then do we thank Harrington? So confused....

flyingpig is offline   Reply With Quote