HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Armchair GM Thread - XXXVI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2013, 09:01 PM
  #351
Wheatley
We Rabite You
 
Wheatley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,230
vCash: 500
I was a huge Penguins fan in the 90s, so I'd love it if Jagr was a Canuck, even for just the rest of this year.

I was also a big Mats Sundin fan when I was a kid, so having him on the Canucks for that half a year was a little kid's dream come true. Jagr would be the same.

Wheatley is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 09:20 PM
  #352
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 22,986
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
Pick up Komi, waive Ballard? Net cap effect is positive, losing something for "nothing", but also gaining something for "nothing", as well, so that's a wash.
If no one takes Ballard? That means Canucks get a cap hit of $7.8m for Komisarek. That might just go down as the single most awesome piece of cap management in history.

MK $4.5m + KB $4.2m - $900k minors discount

That kills any hope of getting more 3C help or a PP dman. This year and next. Unless you plan on buying out Komisarek and Ballard, an then there is still Booth.

me2 is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 09:28 PM
  #353
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 22,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
If no one takes Ballard? That means Canucks get a cap hit of $7.8m for Komisarek. That might just go down as the single most awesome piece of cap management in history.

MK $4.5m + KB $4.2m - $900k minors discount

That kills any hope of getting more 3C help or a PP dman. This year and next. Unless you plan on buying out Komisarek and Ballard, an then there is still Booth.
I'm guessing there's a limit as to how much Aquaman would be winning to stomach - unless he's doing exceptionally well in the real estate business (in this down market).

Barney Gumble is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 09:40 PM
  #354
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 22,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Komisarek's uselessness is being a bit over exaggerated.
He can't beat out a career minor leaguer (Fraser) for a spot on the Leafs blueline.

Komi's dressed for just 4 games for the Leafs this season. That should tell you how well he's played (nothing needs to be said about previous seasons as a Leaf). At least Ballard looked good enough for a decent period of time this season (and the playoffs last season) to think maybe somebody might take a chance on him - that is, before AV's mind games with the scratches. And that includes playing on his off side.

Komi is a good fit on this team like a square peg in a round hole.


Last edited by Barney Gumble: 03-20-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Barney Gumble is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 09:48 PM
  #355
Dado
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
If no one takes Ballard?
That doesn't seem likely. I have been assured by most of HFdom that Ballard is a high quality defenseman, and that the only reason he isn't seeing more ice time and putting up huge numbers is because he has a certifiable idiot as a head coach.

Teams would be falling over themselves in a rush to get his services.

 
Old
03-20-2013, 09:50 PM
  #356
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 22,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
That doesn't seem likely. I have been assured by most of HFdom that Ballard is a high quality defenseman, and that the only reason he isn't seeing more ice time and putting up huge numbers is because he has a certifiable idiot as a head coach.

Teams would be falling over themselves in a rush to get his services.
I'd call a coach a certified idiot for thinking that scratching a guy for stupid reasons will increase his trade value. But that's just me.

Barney Gumble is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 10:01 PM
  #357
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Embrace the hate
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
I was a huge Penguins fan in the 90s, so I'd love it if Jagr was a Canuck, even for just the rest of this year.

I was also a big Mats Sundin fan when I was a kid, so having him on the Canucks for that half a year was a little kid's dream come true. Jagr would be the same.
I agree.

There is no negatives about bringing Jagr in

LolClarkson* is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 10:03 PM
  #358
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 22,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
I agree.

There is no negatives about bringing Jagr in
He'd have to want to come here. The travel is a big turn-off for a number of players.

edit: nevermind...was under some mistaken notion that he had NTC (which he doesn't).

Barney Gumble is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 10:06 PM
  #359
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 22,986
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
That doesn't seem likely. I have been assured by most of HFdom that Ballard is a high quality defenseman, and that the only reason he isn't seeing more ice time and putting up huge numbers is because he has a certifiable idiot as a head coach.

Teams would be falling over themselves in a rush to get his services.
not something I'd be prepared to find out for a guy that would be bought out in the off season.

me2 is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 10:21 PM
  #360
Burke's Evil Spirit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 15,837
vCash: 500
So here's something cool. Two reporters, Greg Brady (Sportsnet, out of Toronto) and Jeff Moss (Detroit) are reporting Babcock and the Red Wings will be done after this season.

Brady is saying Babcock wants out: https://twitter.com/bradyfan590/stat...68410442919936
Moss is saying there's a Holland/Babcock rift (and Datsyuk and Zetterberg don't like him anymore either): https://twitter.com/JeffMossDSR/stat...68938564485120

Would LOVE him here. Although if you don't think *AV* trusts young players...

Burke's Evil Spirit is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 10:26 PM
  #361
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,378
vCash: 576
Babcock is probably going to Tampa Bay and reunited with Yzerman after he fires the current coach

canuck4life16 is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 10:30 PM
  #362
Katani Kalan
Registered User
 
Katani Kalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Down by the seaside
Country: Canada
Posts: 714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit View Post
So here's something cool. Two reporters, Greg Brady (Sportsnet, out of Toronto) and Jeff Moss (Detroit) are reporting Babcock and the Red Wings will be done after this season.

Brady is saying Babcock wants out: https://twitter.com/bradyfan590/stat...68410442919936
Moss is saying there's a Holland/Babcock rift (and Datsyuk and Zetterberg don't like him anymore either): https://twitter.com/JeffMossDSR/stat...68938564485120

Would LOVE him here. Although if you don't think *AV* trusts young players...
Wow would love to see AV replaced by Babcock. We need a new leader after this season unless we win it all which doesn't seem plausable at the moment.

Katani Kalan is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 10:31 PM
  #363
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,061
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
Babcock is probably going to Tampa Bay and reunited with Yzerman after he fires the current coach
Does this mean we get Cooper then?!

Taelin is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 10:34 PM
  #364
Nuckles
Bim Jenning
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Benning's empty head
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,927
vCash: 50



__________________
Richer's Ghost made my avatar

Fire Benning. Fire Linden. Fire Desjardins. Hire competent people.
Nuckles is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 10:42 PM
  #365
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,834
vCash: 500
I would be more excited about getting Babcock as a coach than I would about most big free agents probably.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 10:45 PM
  #366
VanCanucks14
Registered User
 
VanCanucks14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post


That is incredible




And I would be ecstatic if Babcock was hired here.

VanCanucks14 is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 10:49 PM
  #367
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,602
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post


That...was simply amazing.


Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 10:50 PM
  #368
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,061
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post


It's not far from the truth

Taelin is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 10:57 PM
  #369
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,450
vCash: 400



edit: wtf i fail at foruming


Last edited by Seatoo: 03-20-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Seatoo is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 11:01 PM
  #370
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
I would be more excited about getting Babcock as a coach than I would about most big free agents probably.
so would I.

LiquidSnake* is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 11:03 PM
  #371
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,248
vCash: 1815
I think Jagr said he wanted to play in Canada. Montreal brushed him off(presumably they thought they were tanking this season), but I think we have a decent chance at being on his wish list. To be honest I'd much rather go after Jagr than Iginla if the asking price on Iggy is something like Jensen + 1st +.

And people are writing AV off way too soon. Wait until he has a chance with a fully healthy roster before looking to dump him.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 11:05 PM
  #372
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,378
vCash: 576
what would Jagr cost anyway? draft pick? because he not going get a prospect at his age good for mentor Jensen....always nice to have HHOF on the team

canuck4life16 is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 11:11 PM
  #373
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,834
vCash: 500
Jags would be a sick addition.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 11:14 PM
  #374
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I think Jagr said he wanted to play in Canada. Montreal brushed him off(presumably they thought they were tanking this season), but I think we have a decent chance at being on his wish list. To be honest I'd much rather go after Jagr than Iginla if the asking price on Iggy is something like Jensen + 1st +.

And people are writing AV off way too soon. Wait until he has a chance with a fully healthy roster before looking to dump him.
No player coach or GM should be untouchable if there is an upgrade available.

LiquidSnake* is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 11:14 PM
  #375
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,248
vCash: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
what would Jagr cost anyway? draft pick? because he not going get a prospect at his age good for mentor Jensen....always nice to have HHOF on the team
I think his game more closely resembles Kassian's than Jensen. I'd probably offer something like Connauton + maybe a pick conditional on how far in the playoffs we go(up to a 2nd), as he would be a pure rental, but still, I'd love to have him on the Canucks. My favourite player of all time.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.