HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Couple Questions for Lightning fans (Conacher, Killorn, Barberio)

Old
03-19-2013, 10:48 AM
OlWpgJet

vCash: 500
Couple Questions for Lightning fans (Conacher, Killorn, Barberio)

1st one- I'm getting the impression that Conacher and Killorn are looking like they are up to stay. Maybe opportunity means everything but which one do you think has the most offensive upside? I was thinking Conacher but Killorn is looking good on the radar lately and he seems to be getting more "opportunity" lately.
My other question is on Barberio. He seems like a really good offensive dman. Outstanding Defenceman of the Year in AHL in 2011-12. Seems to have decent size, not huge but not small. Sometimes , offensive dmen lack alot of the defensive side of things. With Moncton (junior), he won a defensive dman award on the Moncton team so I'm thinking his defence isn't that brutal. So why isn't this kid up with the big team? Especially with the team struggling a bit ( I had Lightning picked as one of the top eastern teams this year), is there something holding this kid back and would he still be considered a top prospect? Acquiring Matt Carle would have hurt him but I think he could be one of their top offensive dmen as well.

OlWpgJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

vCash: 134
Just wasn't room for Barb, and a little more time to season in the AHL was preferred. I'm guessing he gets called up if Hedman misses any time, but I'm guessing he sticks with the big club out of camp next season.

As to which of Killer or Cory... different players. I think both are top 6 guys, with Alex more of a goal scorer and Cory more of a playmaker. Both are pretty strong on the puck.

Follower of Yzlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:53 AM
Allaboard

Killorn is the more complete player due to his size, but Conacher has a much higher offensive upside. As for Barbeiro it's just a matter of time, it's tough trying to break in so many rookies at once.

Allaboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins

I read somewhere on Twitter that the management wants to see Barb up before the end of the season, just to evaluate his readiness. Can anybody confirm this?

Steve Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Allaboard

I can't confirm it but it does make perfect sense.

Allaboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior4321 View Post
I read somewhere on Twitter that the management wants to see Barb up before the end of the season, just to evaluate his readiness. Can anybody confirm this?
Nope.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:41 AM
Felonious Python
TyJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Nope.
EE
Quote:
Sure Mikkelson needs to play but I know they have discussed wanting to get a look at Gudas and Barberio in NHL this season
https://twitter.com/erlendssonTBO/st...88251210350593

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote