HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part VIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-26-2013, 10:36 PM
  #326
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 17,645
vCash: 500
Missouri with a great example of how not to do things in the second OT.

I'll also throw in that if asked to judge Jadeveon Clowney on his play this year alone, he might warrant a look in the first round. The pass rush skills are there, but his run defense has just been awful. He looks disinterested, and incredibly undisciplined in the run game as a whole. Missouri was able to run right at him and get to the second level without an issue all night long.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
10-26-2013, 10:51 PM
  #327
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kölumboos
Country: United States
Posts: 30,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
With most of another day in the books, I feel confident in saying that the entire collective of college football is down this year compared to years past. Even the unbeaten teams at the top don't look as impressive as they have last year or the year before (or the year before).

This looks like 2007, only without everyone throwing away a #1 or #2 ranking on a weekly basis. There seems to be a clear top 4 or 5, then the next 20-25 spots are occupied by a lot of interchangeable teams of roughly the same caliber.
Oh, I completely agree. So long as we acknowledge that this applies to everybody.

I'd normally call it just four, but I'm beginning to wonder if Baylor deserves to be up there. I mean, heck, we've already got the ACC, SEC, Pac-12, and B1G represented; why not the B12 as well?

Viqsi is offline  
Old
10-26-2013, 10:52 PM
  #328
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,744
vCash: 500
#StylePoints?

Fro is offline  
Old
10-26-2013, 11:05 PM
  #329
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 17,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Oh, I completely agree. So long as we acknowledge that this applies to everybody.
Getting me to acknowledge reality has never been the issue. You're asking the media to do so; we all know that's impossible.

Quote:
I'd normally call it just four, but I'm beginning to wonder if Baylor deserves to be up there. I mean, heck, we've already got the ACC, SEC, Pac-12, and B1G represented; why not the B12 as well?
Not yet. Baylor hasn't really played anyone of consequence; they've gone through the non-conference and the bottom of the B12 so far, and have yet to play the top five teams in-conference.

If they can get through that, they'll have a case. The only remotely tough team so far is Kansas State, which was a 10-point win.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
10-26-2013, 11:50 PM
  #330
End of Line
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 21,487
vCash: 500
20-0 right now...

__________________

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 08:47 AM
  #331
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,389
vCash: 500
Bobcats trounce the Redhawks and 40 plus arrested at the Halloween Party. As Brent Musberger would say "They were dancing (and probably a lot of everything else) in the streets of Athens last night.

EspenK is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 03:08 PM
  #332
Samkow
Global Moderator
Dystopian Nightmare
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 15,844
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
So, anyone wanna take a stab at why they aren't showing the Browns game here?

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Samkow is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 03:16 PM
  #333
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
So, anyone wanna take a stab at why they aren't showing the Browns game here?
I'd guess the Weeden fanclub is boycotting the game until he is reinstated as ****** starting qb, but then again I don't think 2 people have the power to choose what game airs.

FANonymous is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 03:25 PM
  #334
DEF
Registered User
 
DEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: White Castle's
Country: United States
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
Because Cleveland will lose by 3 touchdowns. Final 23-17 Chiefs.

DEF is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 03:27 PM
  #335
Steeltown Jacket
FanFromPensTerritory
 
Steeltown Jacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 81
vCash: 500
10tv had to choose between Cleveland @ 1pm and Cincinnati @ 4pm. While there are more Browns fans here, the Bengals are the better team and deserve to be shown. I'm a Browns fan and had little to no interest to watch today anyways.

Steeltown Jacket is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 03:30 PM
  #336
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeltown Jacket View Post
10tv had to choose between Cleveland @ 1pm and Cincinnati @ 4pm. While there are more Browns fans here, the Bengals are the better team and deserve to be shown. I'm a Browns fan and had little to no interest to watch today anyways.
Nah, the Bengals just haven't choked like they always do yet.

FANonymous is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 06:22 PM
  #337
Samkow
Global Moderator
Dystopian Nightmare
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 15,844
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow

Samkow is offline  
Old
11-02-2013, 09:54 PM
  #338
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 17,645
vCash: 500
If you're not watching Florida State/Miami, you're missing a brutally physical game. Also, you're missing out on what a real top-5 team looks like.

(I'm sure that Purdue, Indiana, and Illinois would be a tough three weeks for a middle school team.)

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
11-02-2013, 10:10 PM
  #339
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
If you're not watching Florida State/Miami, you're missing a brutally physical game. Also, you're missing out on what a real top-5 team looks like.

(I'm sure that Purdue, Indiana, and Illinois would be a tough three weeks for a middle school team.)
Yawn

FANonymous is offline  
Old
11-05-2013, 02:02 PM
  #340
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,744
vCash: 500
Andy Hutchins ‏@AndyHutchins 2m
Hmmm. RT @dkurtenbach: Sources: #FAU interviews #OhioState DC Luke Fickell for its vacant head coaching position.

the tweeter is a UF blogger, thus the hmmm, so ignore that part lol

Fro is offline  
Old
11-05-2013, 02:27 PM
  #341
Kev22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Plain City, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 4,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
Andy Hutchins ‏@AndyHutchins 2m
Hmmm. RT @dkurtenbach: Sources: #FAU interviews #OhioState DC Luke Fickell for its vacant head coaching position.

the tweeter is a UF blogger, thus the hmmm, so ignore that part lol
It's logical that Luke is ready for the next step, but if I was him I would wait to see what else opens up. Florida Atlantic is basically a brand new program. Not sure if Luke is ready to build a program. If I were him, I would wait for a MAC or American Athletic Conference school to open up.

Kev22 is offline  
Old
11-05-2013, 02:31 PM
  #342
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 17,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
It's logical that Luke is ready for the next step, but if I was him I would wait to see what else opens up. Florida Atlantic is basically a brand new program. Not sure if Luke is ready to build a program. If I were him, I would wait for a MAC or American Athletic Conference school to open up.
He doesn't need to build a program. All he has to do is have a good year, and the offers from the next level up will come flowing forth pretty quickly.

Hell, look at Urban Meyer. 2001 and 2002 at Bowling Green, 2003 and 2004 at Utah (next level up), 2005 and on at Florida.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
11-05-2013, 02:34 PM
  #343
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
He doesn't need to build a program. All he has to do is have a good year, and the offers from the next level up will come flowing forth pretty quickly.

Hell, look at Urban Meyer. 2001 and 2002 at Bowling Green, 2003 and 2004 at Utah (next level up), 2005 and on at Florida.
that's a good point...LF wasn't ready to take on OSU, i thought he should have taken the Akron job when it was offered...maybe he didn't want to follow tressel around...who knows...but this is a good job under a former OSU AD IIRC from talking to Jeff Svoboda, and a good stepping stone job...

plus it keeps from having Urban fire him

Fro is offline  
Old
11-05-2013, 03:19 PM
  #344
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 17,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
that's a good point...LF wasn't ready to take on OSU, i thought he should have taken the Akron job when it was offered...maybe he didn't want to follow tressel around...who knows...but this is a good job under a former OSU AD IIRC from talking to Jeff Svoboda, and a good stepping stone job...
Someone would have to be either insane or a modern-day Doyt Perry to think that they would have staying power in the MAC. And if you don't make it in the MAC (regardless of reason), you'll never be heard from again. Hell, JD Brookhart took Akron to the conference championship and their only bowl game, then had a couple down years and hasn't been heard from since.

Quote:
plus it keeps from having Urban fire him
Why would Urban have to fire him? Is OSU going to give up more than 7 points in the tail end of this pathetically feeble schedule?

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
11-05-2013, 04:30 PM
  #345
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Why would Urban have to fire him? Is OSU going to give up more than 7 points in the tail end of this pathetically feeble schedule?
Urban likes "his people" Fickel is not one of UM's people...maybe Urban likes him, obviously no idea on that...I was just of the belief that Fickel wouldn't be around for long, especially with how the defense played up until recent weeks...

Fro is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 06:06 AM
  #346
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,389
vCash: 500
Assuming no change in the BCS standings OSU will play Oregon in the Rose Bowl. Two great games combining that one with 'Bama & FSU.

EspenK is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 06:26 AM
  #347
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Assuming no change in the BCS standings OSU will play Oregon in the Rose Bowl. Two great games combining that one with 'Bama & FSU.
OSU will get blown out of the water by Oregon's high-powered offense. Just like the last time they met in the Rose Bowl.

FANonymous is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 06:33 AM
  #348
pete goegan
Registered User
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 12,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
OSU will get blown out of the water by Oregon's high-powered offense. Just like the last time they met in the Rose Bowl.
I agree that OSU will give up miles of offense to the Ducks, but they'll also put up points, themselves. Might be a really entertaining game!

pete goegan is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 06:51 AM
  #349
Inglewood JMFJ
Registered User
 
Inglewood JMFJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
OSU will get blown out of the water by Oregon's high-powered offense. Just like the last time they met in the Rose Bowl.
2010 Rose Bowl OSU beat Oregon 26-17

Inglewood JMFJ is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 08:27 AM
  #350
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 21,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood JMFJ View Post
2010 Rose Bowl OSU beat Oregon 26-17
I would assume that's his point.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassé is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.