HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part VIII

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Missouri with a great example of how not to do things in the second OT.

I'll also throw in that if asked to judge Jadeveon Clowney on his play this year alone, he might warrant a look in the first round. The pass rush skills are there, but his run defense has just been awful. He looks disinterested, and incredibly undisciplined in the run game as a whole. Missouri was able to run right at him and get to the second level without an issue all night long.

Old
10-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
With most of another day in the books, I feel confident in saying that the entire collective of college football is down this year compared to years past. Even the unbeaten teams at the top don't look as impressive as they have last year or the year before (or the year before).

This looks like 2007, only without everyone throwing away a #1 or #2 ranking on a weekly basis. There seems to be a clear top 4 or 5, then the next 20-25 spots are occupied by a lot of interchangeable teams of roughly the same caliber.
Oh, I completely agree. So long as we acknowledge that this applies to everybody.

I'd normally call it just four, but I'm beginning to wonder if Baylor deserves to be up there. I mean, heck, we've already got the ACC, SEC, Pac-12, and B1G represented; why not the B12 as well?

Old
10-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

#StylePoints?

Old
10-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Oh, I completely agree. So long as we acknowledge that this applies to everybody.
Getting me to acknowledge reality has never been the issue. You're asking the media to do so; we all know that's impossible.

Quote:
I'd normally call it just four, but I'm beginning to wonder if Baylor deserves to be up there. I mean, heck, we've already got the ACC, SEC, Pac-12, and B1G represented; why not the B12 as well?
Not yet. Baylor hasn't really played anyone of consequence; they've gone through the non-conference and the bottom of the B12 so far, and have yet to play the top five teams in-conference.

If they can get through that, they'll have a case. The only remotely tough team so far is Kansas State, which was a 10-point win.

Old
10-26-2013, 11:50 PM
End of Line
Human After All

20-0 right now...

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
10-27-2013, 08:47 AM
EspenK

Bobcats trounce the Redhawks and 40 plus arrested at the Halloween Party. As Brent Musberger would say "They were dancing (and probably a lot of everything else) in the streets of Athens last night.

Old
10-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Dystopian Nightmare

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
So, anyone wanna take a stab at why they aren't showing the Browns game here?

10-27-2013, 03:16 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
So, anyone wanna take a stab at why they aren't showing the Browns game here?
I'd guess the Weeden fanclub is boycotting the game until he is reinstated as ****** starting qb, but then again I don't think 2 people have the power to choose what game airs.

Old
10-27-2013, 03:25 PM
DEF

Because Cleveland will lose by 3 touchdowns. Final 23-17 Chiefs.

Old
10-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Steeltown Jacket
FanFromPensTerritory

10tv had to choose between Cleveland @ 1pm and Cincinnati @ 4pm. While there are more Browns fans here, the Bengals are the better team and deserve to be shown. I'm a Browns fan and had little to no interest to watch today anyways.

Old
10-27-2013, 03:30 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeltown Jacket View Post
10tv had to choose between Cleveland @ 1pm and Cincinnati @ 4pm. While there are more Browns fans here, the Bengals are the better team and deserve to be shown. I'm a Browns fan and had little to no interest to watch today anyways.
Nah, the Bengals just haven't choked like they always do yet.

Old
10-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Dystopian Nightmare

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow

Old
11-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

If you're not watching Florida State/Miami, you're missing a brutally physical game. Also, you're missing out on what a real top-5 team looks like.

(I'm sure that Purdue, Indiana, and Illinois would be a tough three weeks for a middle school team.)

Old
11-02-2013, 10:10 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
If you're not watching Florida State/Miami, you're missing a brutally physical game. Also, you're missing out on what a real top-5 team looks like.

(I'm sure that Purdue, Indiana, and Illinois would be a tough three weeks for a middle school team.)
Yawn

Old
11-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Andy Hutchins ‏@AndyHutchins 2m
Hmmm. RT @dkurtenbach: Sources: #FAU interviews #OhioState DC Luke Fickell for its vacant head coaching position.

the tweeter is a UF blogger, thus the hmmm, so ignore that part lol

Old
11-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
Andy Hutchins ‏@AndyHutchins 2m
Hmmm. RT @dkurtenbach: Sources: #FAU interviews #OhioState DC Luke Fickell for its vacant head coaching position.

the tweeter is a UF blogger, thus the hmmm, so ignore that part lol
It's logical that Luke is ready for the next step, but if I was him I would wait to see what else opens up. Florida Atlantic is basically a brand new program. Not sure if Luke is ready to build a program. If I were him, I would wait for a MAC or American Athletic Conference school to open up.

Old
11-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
It's logical that Luke is ready for the next step, but if I was him I would wait to see what else opens up. Florida Atlantic is basically a brand new program. Not sure if Luke is ready to build a program. If I were him, I would wait for a MAC or American Athletic Conference school to open up.
He doesn't need to build a program. All he has to do is have a good year, and the offers from the next level up will come flowing forth pretty quickly.

Hell, look at Urban Meyer. 2001 and 2002 at Bowling Green, 2003 and 2004 at Utah (next level up), 2005 and on at Florida.

Old
11-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Quote:
He doesn't need to build a program. All he has to do is have a good year, and the offers from the next level up will come flowing forth pretty quickly.

Hell, look at Urban Meyer. 2001 and 2002 at Bowling Green, 2003 and 2004 at Utah (next level up), 2005 and on at Florida.
that's a good point...LF wasn't ready to take on OSU, i thought he should have taken the Akron job when it was offered...maybe he didn't want to follow tressel around...who knows...but this is a good job under a former OSU AD IIRC from talking to Jeff Svoboda, and a good stepping stone job...

plus it keeps from having Urban fire him

Old
11-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
that's a good point...LF wasn't ready to take on OSU, i thought he should have taken the Akron job when it was offered...maybe he didn't want to follow tressel around...who knows...but this is a good job under a former OSU AD IIRC from talking to Jeff Svoboda, and a good stepping stone job...
Someone would have to be either insane or a modern-day Doyt Perry to think that they would have staying power in the MAC. And if you don't make it in the MAC (regardless of reason), you'll never be heard from again. Hell, JD Brookhart took Akron to the conference championship and their only bowl game, then had a couple down years and hasn't been heard from since.

Quote:
plus it keeps from having Urban fire him
Why would Urban have to fire him? Is OSU going to give up more than 7 points in the tail end of this pathetically feeble schedule?

Old
11-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Quote:
Why would Urban have to fire him? Is OSU going to give up more than 7 points in the tail end of this pathetically feeble schedule?
Urban likes "his people" Fickel is not one of UM's people...maybe Urban likes him, obviously no idea on that...I was just of the belief that Fickel wouldn't be around for long, especially with how the defense played up until recent weeks...

Old
11-06-2013, 06:06 AM
EspenK

Assuming no change in the BCS standings OSU will play Oregon in the Rose Bowl. Two great games combining that one with 'Bama & FSU.

Old
11-06-2013, 06:26 AM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Assuming no change in the BCS standings OSU will play Oregon in the Rose Bowl. Two great games combining that one with 'Bama & FSU.
OSU will get blown out of the water by Oregon's high-powered offense. Just like the last time they met in the Rose Bowl.

Old
11-06-2013, 06:33 AM
pete goegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
OSU will get blown out of the water by Oregon's high-powered offense. Just like the last time they met in the Rose Bowl.
I agree that OSU will give up miles of offense to the Ducks, but they'll also put up points, themselves. Might be a really entertaining game!

Old
11-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Inglewood JMFJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
2010 Rose Bowl OSU beat Oregon 26-17

Old
11-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood JMFJ View Post
2010 Rose Bowl OSU beat Oregon 26-17
I would assume that's his point.

Closed Thread