HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 14.0 - The "Jinxed Undefeated Season" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 11:07 PM
gelu88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
I'd play the best available IX on those two games vs Toronto and play a weaker squad against the weak Chicago Fire. I hate saying this but the SJ game will be one we can afford to lose since they are not in our conference.
I would support that 100%, we just don't have enough data on how the new coaching staff operates to know what to expect.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:32 AM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Chicago at home on the 27th
-TFC CCL at home on May 1st
-Road game at San Jose on May 4th
-midweek Road game at NYRB on May 8th
wow, that's a lot of flying in a two week span

Old
03-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Benzaza

The latest on MRS

Montreal Impact 1 - New York Red Bulls 0 : Game Highlights, Stats and Quotes

http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...ghts-stats-and

Un Premier Bilan

http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...camara-perkins

Montreal Impact vs New York Red Bulls Reserve Game : Report, Notes and Quotes

http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...port-notes-and

Old
03-25-2013, 01:09 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Does Joey and co have plans for another DP ?

Old
03-25-2013, 06:31 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

I take the Champions League with a grain of salt though. Yes it nice and dandy to be in the competition, get allocation $$ and all that fine stuff, but it also has it downsides. Real Salt Lake and Seattle both recently admitted failing in the long stretch because of players being dead tired for the playoffs and the CCL, leading to a double failure.

Unfortunately because of the MLS cap, teams will have to make decisions. Once you get far in the league and in the CCL, there will come a time where you have to decide "Which competition should get the best XI fielded?"

Ideally, you have a deep squad, so that [As mentionned previously in this thread] you can alternate players and give them rests. But with the MLS cap, its hard to have quality subs to both make a push for the MLS playoffs AND the CCL

I think we have a pretty good situation here. Lots of young players with low wages(Or relatively low wages) capable of taking a spot in a regular team if needed. The likes of Collen Warner, Sanna Nyassi, Justin Mapp, Zarek are all able to grind out quality minutes to not only give some guys a rest, but also perform on the highest stage

I'm unsure what to think. Our main goal should be the MLS cup, then obviously the CCL. If we qualify, I hope this coaching staff find a way to balance everything perfectly and help the Impact have a good run IN the playoffs, but IN the CCL as well.

Hard to explain what I really mean lol. I mean I want the Impact to do well and go far in the CCL, but I just hope that it doesn't become a distraction for the team in the Playoffs/Long stretch

Old
03-25-2013, 09:20 PM
RoadTotheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
I take the Champions League with a grain of salt though. Yes it nice and dandy to be in the competition, get allocation $$ and all that fine stuff, but it also has it downsides. Real Salt Lake and Seattle both recently admitted failing in the long stretch because of players being dead tired for the playoffs and the CCL, leading to a double failure.

Unfortunately because of the MLS cap, teams will have to make decisions. Once you get far in the league and in the CCL, there will come a time where you have to decide "Which competition should get the best XI fielded?"

Ideally, you have a deep squad, so that [As mentionned previously in this thread] you can alternate players and give them rests. But with the MLS cap, its hard to have quality subs to both make a push for the MLS playoffs AND the CCL

I think we have a pretty good situation here. Lots of young players with low wages(Or relatively low wages) capable of taking a spot in a regular team if needed. The likes of Collen Warner, Sanna Nyassi, Justin Mapp, Zarek are all able to grind out quality minutes to not only give some guys a rest, but also perform on the highest stage

I'm unsure what to think. Our main goal should be the MLS cup, then obviously the CCL. If we qualify, I hope this coaching staff find a way to balance everything perfectly and help the Impact have a good run IN the playoffs, but IN the CCL as well.

Hard to explain what I really mean lol. I mean I want the Impact to do well and go far in the CCL, but I just hope that it doesn't become a distraction for the team in the Playoffs/Long stretch
We just need to decide where we want to win the most and put our best starting line up there.

Like you said if the mls want to win big in the CCL they will need to help team get quality depth.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:04 PM
gelu88

Though in this first round its less of a problem. We are facing other MLS teams that are dealing with the same cap and roster issues as we are.

Your point is most relevant in the next round, where we will play Mexican and central american teams that have very deep squads with much higher budgets.

Assuming we beat TFC and TWC, the 6 group stage matches will take place from early august to late october, basically right in the middle of the playoff push.

If we are to believe guys like Sebetti, we have a deep talented group. So we might be able to survive by taking a lesser squad for some of these games. I think we can look forward to the TFC games to tell us what the team's MO will be for the rest of the year.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:58 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

It would be sick to be CCL champs and play European and South American champs in the Clubs World Cup.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:06 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
It would be sick to be CCL champs and play European and South American champs in the Clubs World Cup.
Nesta will shut down Messi again!

But yeah, really looking forward to see what our squad is made of! Mostly our reserves. As stated above, Sabetti said we have one of the deepest MLS squads, with players in our reserves able to be starters in most other MLS teams as well. Only time will tell its true, but when you have Zarek Valentin on your reserves, it gives you a pretty good idea on how deep we are (He wasn't captain of the USA U23's for nothing...)

Also when you have a guy like Collen Warner on the bench, who right now seems to be losing his spot to Callum Mallace, thats a nice luxury to have considering he played 80% of the games last season.I am loving what Schallibaum is doing with Mallace, but I think the kid needs to start a game soon. You can see what MS trusts him, but the both times he got subbed on this season, he seemed like a nervous wreck. Guy needs a good 75 minutes form the start to build up some confidence.

I also am dying to see Blake Smith play a game. His speed really has been mentioned to me by 2-3 people who saw the reserve game. Needless to say I can't wait to see Andrew Wenger as well. I slowly am starting to notice that he shoots really well with both feet, and he shoots the ball with confidence and power.

By the way did anyone else see Brovsky on twitter yesterday? Pretended he would drop his french classes for Italian courses, and man did Twitter go crazy lol. Some people understood the joke, others didn't. Some weird reply's
Quote:
@Habsaddict
@JebBrovsky with all do respect that's disrespectful to Montreal.If u don't give a crap about the city at least hide it!”

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 03-25-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old
03-26-2013, 12:06 AM
gelu88

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Nesta will shut down Messi again!
Nesta is almost certainly gone after this season.

The last round of the CONCACAF part of the CCL is next spring (where Seattle and LA are right now) and the actual world cup portion is the following December.

So if we made it, it would be in December 2014.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:27 AM
Dada

Spain vs France at 4pm, what uppppp

Old
03-26-2013, 06:38 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
Nesta is almost certainly gone after this season.

The last round of the CONCACAF part of the CCL is next spring (where Seattle and LA are right now) and the actual world cup portion is the following December.

So if we made it, it would be in December 2014.
You're right. Then Ouimette will shut down Messi

Old
03-26-2013, 08:44 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
I saw the Brovsky think on Twitter and it made me unconfortable... for Jeb! Let me start by saying that Brovsky is, for mutiple reason, one of my favourite players on the team, but posting that, even as a joke, was a mistake on his part. Not that it is disrespectful or anything, but it could have resulted in a PR nightmare. If he had been a Hab, that think would have been blown out of proportion. He was smart enough to quickly point out that is was a joke, because it could have resulted in an another situation like last year when that player said that people were racists in MTL.

As for the dimwits who attacked Jeb for that tweet, they are *** stupid. Even if Brovsky decided to drop his French lesson for Italian ones, it is his perogative. He can do what he wants. The ONLY mistake would be to state it publicly because people here are very sensitive towards language issues. But telling him he doesn't respect the city because he would decide to stop his French lessons? Stupid! The fact that he is willing to take French lessons in the first place is a GREAT sign of respect for his adopted community. Oh and, finally, to attack a guy like Brovsky for a stupidity like that clearly shows that these people don't follow him regularly, if they would have, they would have get the joke instantly.

-----

Back to soccer, I agree that we seem to have a deep squad and I can't wait to see what our depth can do in games that count. Dominating a reserve game is one thing, but playing in a game that counts is another. I'm confident they'll do well, though. Oh and Messoudi seems to be a good one. I only read good things about him and I hope he gets signed to the first team soon. Felipe really doesn't have a back up and, as we saw last year, we could be screwed if he gets injured. Messoudi could be that back up.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:45 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Would be amazing to go to the club World Cup... Don't think it will ever happen though.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Another awesome video courtesy of the Impact digital media crew. I think they have some of the best digital video initiatives in all of sports right now.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Nice video. I wish they made more of those "Impact vers la MLS" videos from last year. Those were better than the 24CH series that the Habs have right now.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:01 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Would be amazing to go to the club World Cup... Don't think it will ever happen though.
Never say never.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:43 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post
Another awesome video courtesy of the Impact digital media crew. I think they have some of the best digital video initiatives in all of sports right now.

Ferrari is such a ****ing boss.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:12 PM
gunners14henry

Valentin being loaned to Norway. He sent out this tweet.

Quote:
Zarek Valentin ‏@DubbZV 8m
Super excited about the opportunity to play games an follow the dream in Europe. All the best to @impactmontreal the rest of the season!

Old
03-26-2013, 03:17 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Never say never.
Never !!!

Old
03-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
Valentin being loaned to Norway. He sent out this tweet.
Too bad he seemed like a great guy to have on the team. Anyways this is good because he can go get some experience and if it works out he can come back. Having said that loan players rarely come back...

Old
03-26-2013, 03:29 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Good Luck to Zarek in Norway. I reckon it's a similar type of loan like Freddy Montero (Loan+Buy). He wasn't captain of USA's U23 for no reason. Kid is good. Best of luck to him, will keep those signed cleats I won off him forever.

As of right now, as Olivier Tremblay said "La marge de maneouvre qu'il fallait". Won't be surprised to see a new player signed in the upcoming days. Prolly Daniele Paponi

Old
03-26-2013, 03:44 PM
gelu88

The talks with Daniele Paponi seem serious. apparently both clubs will split his salary, which is "more than 180,000 euros"

So getting Valentin off the books probably made enough space.

24 years old, hopefully he's another Romero. Getting young bench warmers from top leagues is looking like a damn good strategy!

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4172/...na-over-paponi

The timing is good as well, after SKC we have the week off that used to be LA, then Columbus at home, then another week off. So there is lots of time to practice and integrate with the team before the crazy compressed schedule end of next month.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:21 PM
Bud2790

Definately a good move for both sides if we weren't going to give him playing time.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Viggo Mortensen
Gandalf the Grey

Do we get something for loaning him?

Closed Thread