HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 14.0 - The "Jinxed Undefeated Season" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Bud2790

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
I don't know where anyone is seeing 15-20cm. Meteomedia says 5-10 at this moment. And from my reading of the weather we're not in for fluffy white snow.

Its going to be a mix of sleet, wet snow and cold rain all day friday, turning to only cold rain on saturday.

Any solid snow that falls will most likely melt on impact on the warm ground, or be melted by the rain, so its very unlikely that anyone will need shovels or anything.

I'm not sad to miss the game, chances of cold rain during the game are decently high...
To be fair, Meteomedia had it at 15-20 centimeters earlier in the day

Old
04-10-2013, 08:19 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
I can't deny that they were in control of the situation, but going forward, Arsenal had all the momentum. Bayern settled down the tempo and managed the clock with the ball, but to say that they had more intent and success going forward than Arsenal isn't completely fair. Atleast that's how I viewed it.

True that Bayern had no urge to go forward quickly leading the series and having three away goals in their pockets, but Juve were in the same situation as Arsenal; needed goals. Especially with Juve being dominant and at home, I would of have expected them to completely dominate going forward, but their lack of a true striker/center forward is pretty obvious.
Yea Pirlo can't do it all anymore and Pogba can't roam forward forgetting his defensive duties. Plus Bayern didn't make it easy for the general to weave through. 'Steiger is a "suffocating" player.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Captain Saku

It bugs me that the remaining teams are from the Liga and Bundesliga. Nothing from EPL, Serie A or Ligue 1. Because I sont think these leagues are clearly better than the other 3 (except Ligue 1). But logic was respected, Barca, Real and Bayer are without any doubt the top 3 teams in europe.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:45 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
It bugs me that the remaining teams are from the Liga and Bundesliga. Nothing from EPL, Serie A or Ligue 1. Because I sont think these leagues are clearly better than the other 3 (except Ligue 1). But logic was respected, Barca, Real and Bayer are without any doubt the top 3 teams in europe.
After reading this, just curious on getting your guys opinion on the "Away Goal" rule? I think it should be scratched out of the rule book asap.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:00 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

To hell with the away goals rule. It's just dumb.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Captain Saku

The most ridiculous thing about the away goal rule is that if they go to extra time in the 2nd leg game, the rule still applies

But I dont bother with Fifa rules anymore, I know they'll never change a thing in this game. The only rule they changed was the golden goal rule which was applied between euro 96 and euro 2000 then they realized it just sucked.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Bud2790

I hate the away goal rule. Just look at Galatasaray yesterday. After the 1st half, they're down 1-0 (4-0 aggregate, RM has 1 away goal). They score 3 in a matter of 10-15 minutes in the 2nd half to make it 4-3 on aggregate, but they still need 2 goals to get through only because RM has an away goal.

I kind of understand why it's there, but I just don't like it.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:10 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Nothing wrong with the way it is. It's not easy to score away goals especially in hostile fields.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:12 PM
MoonlightGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
You know you have a problem when your covered stadium doesn't guarantee playing conditions and your outdoors does
I know. Embarrassing.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
I hate the away goal rule. Just look at Galatasaray yesterday. After the 1st half, they're down 1-0 (4-0 aggregate, RM has 1 away goal). They score 3 in a matter of 10-15 minutes in the 2nd half to make it 4-3 on aggregate, but they still need 2 goals to get through only because RM has an away goal.

I kind of understand why it's there, but I just don't like it.
To be fair, other than that 2nd half Real Madrid played much better than galatasaray and deserved to go through.

I agree though, they need to get rid of the away goal rule. PSG-Barcelona was the perfect example, the games were very even and definitely should have gone to extra time.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:41 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightGraham View Post
I know. Embarrassing.
That's true. Pretty sad.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Occéan expects to get transfered, he said he won't come to the MLS before at least a couple of years, he has two years remaining on his contract.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/soccer...son-avenir.php
Sure.... When he'll have 34-35 (borderline retirement shape) years old and not be able to run anymore....

Me not want !!

On another note, Daniele Paponi might stay with Montreal

Old
04-11-2013, 03:43 PM
RoadTotheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika View Post
Sure.... When he'll have 34-35 (borderline retirement shape) years old and not be able to run anymore....

Me not want !!

Same reaction, right now he could be good but in a couple of years he is not that interesting anymore.

Paponi should officially be a member of this team soon.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Habtchum*

When is Wenger gonna play as a regular on that team ? I know they are going the Euro and South American style of play, ut this kid was a very first pick and seems to have lots of talent.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:08 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Id like him to play way more. Hopefully he gets a lot of playtime during the Canadian Championship. I don't want to sound mean, but I woulden't be overly excited if MdV extended his contract after this season. I think Wenger deserves his shot. He has waited long enough, and proved that he is able to score goals in this league with aplomb

EDIT: TY Woland for beating Tottenham

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 04-11-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old
04-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
When is Wenger gonna play as a regular on that team ? I know they are going the Euro and South American style of play, ut this kid was a very first pick and seems to have lots of talent.
Surely Impact would have pick Mattocks if it wasnt for marsch they kept on saying they want a euro style of play.. exactly what wenger isnt. Not saying wenger isnt good... he doesnt seem to be loved much... i wonder if we are gonna trade him...

Old
04-12-2013, 07:05 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
Surely Impact would have pick Mattocks if it wasnt for marsch they kept on saying they want a euro style of play.. exactly what wenger isnt. Not saying wenger isnt good... he doesnt seem to be loved much... i wonder if we are gonna trade him...
I highly doubt it. If not for Di Vaio, he'd be starting the games. His size is something we can't trade away, damn we're bad in the air, we never win those battles. If they ever decide to use two Forwards, he'll be the one in. At some point they'll rest Di Vaio, he'll be ready. Di Vaio's in his last year of his contract too, so his time might come soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika View Post

Me not want !!

I haven't seen him play much, but I think speed has never been a problem with him. He's 31 right now, so he'd come at the same age Bernier came over, and if he's in the same shape, I'd have no problem. Bernier is hardly in retirement shape, as far as the MLS goes. Would be nice to have another homeboy on the team.

Last edited by QuebecPride: 04-12-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old
04-12-2013, 07:33 AM
Captain Saku

I doubt Wenger will ever be a starter in Montreal. After Di Vaio I'm positive the team will be looking for a new DP to replace him.

Don't want to be a party pooper but really, I wouldnt be happy if Wenger is our #1 choice up front. He's got a great shot, maybe the best in the team, but other than that he's very average in all other departments. He needs to work a lot in his positioning to maximize his chances. He can still improve of course but for now let's just be happy that we have a very good backup.

Old
04-12-2013, 07:40 AM
HabsQC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaza View Post
Hello Everyone!!

The Latest on MRS

Gio’s Random Thoughts: Is Pisanu the new Mapp?
http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...u-the-new-mapp

Montreal Impact 2-1 Victory Over Toronto FC: Toledo, 9 points, Nesta, Romero and More
http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...-nesta-bernier
Hmmmm MRS

Old
04-12-2013, 09:04 AM
Benzaza

Top Of The Morning!!!

Here is the latest on Mount Royal Soccer and don't forget to listen in to CJAD 800 AM as myself , Giovanni Sardo will join Rick Moffat and Grant Needham for the HT segment , the Soccer Gang Of 4

:-)

Mount Royal Soccer and CJAD800 AM: Sofiane & Giovanni's hand in their Report Cards
http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...-columbus-crew

Columbus Crew Scouting Report: Slow At the Back, Creative Up Front
http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...t-stade-saputo

Montreal Impact vs Columbus Crew: 3 Questions with Around The League’s A.J. Jobe

http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...ew-3-questions

Old
04-12-2013, 02:04 PM
gelu88

OK. so this snow is actually pretty serious, cool.

I use this to forecast the temperature:http://weatherspark.com/#!graphs;a=Canada/QC/Montreal

It means that the snow is not going to start melting at all until about 7am, and given how much snow is landing, there will certainly be a decent amount left around the field for game time.

But I would assume they'll shovel the field. Which means no orange ball

Old
04-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Captain Saku

I hope they either cancel the game or move it to the olympic stadium. I have tickets to the game but I wouldnt want to watch a crappy game because of the pitch.

Old
04-12-2013, 03:55 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
I doubt Wenger will ever be a starter in Montreal. After Di Vaio I'm positive the team will be looking for a new DP to replace him.

Don't want to be a party pooper but really, I wouldnt be happy if Wenger is our #1 choice up front. He's got a great shot, maybe the best in the team, but other than that he's very average in all other departments. He needs to work a lot in his positioning to maximize his chances. He can still improve of course but for now let's just be happy that we have a very good backup.
Basically you are saying that he's a finisher, that's about it. But pure finishers barely work in the modern game unless you play with two forwards, which isn't our case. Anyways, it's hard to judge him as of now. He hasn't started in what? 8 months?

Old
04-12-2013, 04:18 PM
gelu88

Quote:
I hope they either cancel the game or move it to the olympic stadium. I have tickets to the game but I wouldnt want to watch a crappy game because of the pitch.

Funny enough the olymipc stadium is off limits even if they wanted to. They are not allowed to play if there is snow on the roof.

Also, I think they want your kind of thinking to be in the minority:

Quote:
‏@impactmontreal
We're ready for the first Winter Classic in Montreal! Orange ball and everything.

@impactmontreal
We like the way you think RT @Caruso_21: @impactmontreal see you tomorrow! I think I need an impact tuque! #snowEverywhere

Mapp - "Both teams will have to play in this weather"
And

Winter classic? Impact gearing up for snow, cold at Stade Saputo opener

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/new...-saputo-opener

Old
04-12-2013, 06:03 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Why is it that they use an orange ball in the snow ?

Closed Thread