HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 14.0 - The "Jinxed Undefeated Season" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Guilliam

vCash: 500
We haven't hear about him in a while. Do we know if he's progressing?

Old
04-16-2013, 05:27 PM
gelu88

Complete radio silence.

8 days till the start of the compressed roller coaster ride, and there are a lot of questions up in the air.

Paponi has been here for a couple weeks, if he gets signed, can he join the team and immediately make a difference?

is Ferrari alright?

Rivas?

It looks like teams have figured out what made us succeed early on. Will we change it up or keep trying the same thing?

What calibre of lineup does the FO think is worth having for CCL?

Old
04-16-2013, 05:39 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Last time I heard about Rivas, it was someone on one of these threads saying that with all the biking he is doing [On the stationary bike], he could compete for "Le Tour de France"

Old
04-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Bud2790

Hey guys, I can't make it to our next home game (April 27 vs Chicago). I'm selling 2 tickets for 60$ and I can deliver to your house depending where you are at (can let them go for like 55 if we meet somewhere close to my house). Through admission's website, 2 tickets would cost you 78$.

Will update this post in a few minutes with a pic showing the view from the seats.

Edit:

PM me if you're interested!

Last edited by Bud2790: 04-16-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old
04-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Captain Saku

Rivas is not even practicing with the team. I say he's still at least a month away.

For Paponi, I'm not sure I want to sign him. We will reach our limit for foreign players so this may mean no DP in the summer. We can always release one of the foreign players, mainly thinking about Iapichino but this may weaken our depth in defense specially after loaning Valentin out.

In a way I like the impact bringing young foreign players like Felipe, Rodriguez and Paponi, the older guys have also been very solid for us specially Camara, Nesta, Ferrari and Di Vaio but I've been disappointed so far with Pisanu and Romero. And if Felipe doesnt pick up his game he's soon joining the list of disapointments.

Old
04-17-2013, 01:25 PM
peate

vCash: 595
Another injury on the D, I guess we'll see more of Ouimette.

Impact de Montréal ‏@impactmontreal
Defender Matteo Ferrari will miss the the next 2 to 3 weeks due to an injury to his left calf

Old
04-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Captain Saku

Next game Camara should play CB with Nesta then switch Brovsky to the right and play Tissot at LB.

Old
04-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Next game Camara should play CB with Nesta then switch Brovsky to the right and play Tissot at LB.
I agree. Iapichino as been a terrible deception (since we bylass him for Tissot). I wouldnt rely on felipe referals in the future lol.

Old
04-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Would not write Iapichino off yet (although I think the Impact have). He has played very very little since coming over. Has made a handful of mistakes (he is only 22).

He may be done with IMFC but I don't think he ever really got a shot. Priorities change I guess.

Old
04-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post
Would not write Iapichino off yet (although I think the Impact have). He has played very very little since coming over. Has made a handful of mistakes (he is only 22).

He may be done with IMFC but I don't think he ever really got a shot. Priorities change I guess.
Maybe but the comments i heard about iapichino... lol ferrari said if i remember correctly slow and is like a woman (i think it was in a rds pregame interview).. lol the reason i mention this is because he may not be mentally strong enough to reach the next level.. he seems to be the player who isnt taken seriously... dont know.. his father mist be pissed he didnt want him to come over.. maybe he was right.. this hasnt been a great experiece for him.. other than hang with nesta time to time... wich isnt bad already.

Old
04-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
Maybe but the comments i heard about iapichino... lol ferrari said if i remember correctly slow and is like a woman (i think it was in a rds pregame interview).. lol the reason i mention this is because he may not be mentally strong enough to reach the next level.. he seems to be the player who isnt taken seriously... dont know.. his father mist be pissed he didnt want him to come over.. maybe he was right.. this hasnt been a great experiece for him.. other than hang with nesta time to time... wich isnt bad already.
LOL I never heard that from Ferrari. Anyways disappointing situation.

Old
04-17-2013, 03:32 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Nope, Ouimette has played well enough, despite the mistakes, to stay in the lineup. He is at a point where he needs to play real games if he wants to improve. He was very good against NYRB, putrid against KC and more than ok - despite a few mistakes and a little nervousness in his game - against Columbus. Growing pains, we have to live with them.

Secondly, your idea requires THREE changes. That's too much. Brovsky is good defensively and the whole purpose of starting Tissot would be to provide offense. If we want more offense, we just have to start Tissot over Brovsky, moving him to the right doesn't give us more offense, it just moves it around.

And lastly, I want Tissot to get a start, but I'd prefer if he were to start as left winger. His defense is his weakness and it is not as if Mapp deserved to start. I'd love Smith to get a chance there also. With potentially 7 games in a span of 20 days, we might see him.

Old
04-17-2013, 03:40 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

I say it depends on Nesta. Hearing Ferrari say "I won't say I'm happy to have Nesta back because that would mean that I don't like his play."

Nesta was brought in here to Win and HELP the younger ones. He won't stay here forever. Have to give Ouimette as much time as he possibly can with Nesta. I can assure you he has more chances of progressing by playing in the MLS alongside Nesta rather than with god knows who on the reserves.

We have to accept Ouimettes struggles, cause if he was able to play fantastic errorless games at CB at his age in the MLS, chances are that he woulden't remain here for long. Only a few players are able to be quality starters in their first few years. Normally those guys have that "something" special

Off the top of my head, Omar Gonzalez from LA is one of the few that have been able to have almost flawless debuts

Old
04-17-2013, 03:50 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
I say it depends on Nesta. Hearing Ferrari say "I won't say I'm happy to have Nesta back because that would mean that I don't like his play."

Nesta was brought in here to Win and HELP the younger ones. He won't stay here forever. Have to give Ouimette as much time as he possibly can with Nesta. I can assure you he has more chances of progressing by playing in the MLS alongside Nesta rather than with god knows who on the reserves.

We have to accept Ouimettes struggles, cause if he was able to play fantastic errorless games at CB at his age in the MLS, chances are that he woulden't remain here for long. Only a few players are able to be quality starters in their first few years. Normally those guys have that "something" special

Off the top of my head, Omar Gonzalez from LA is one of the few that have been able to have almost flawless debuts

That's a great post regarding the Ouimette situation and I agree with you COMPLETELY!

Old
04-17-2013, 04:04 PM
gelu88

Quote:
We have to accept Ouimettes struggles, cause if he was able to play fantastic errorless games at CB at his age in the MLS, chances are that he woulden't remain here for long.
I woudn't mind if be magically turned into a Omar Gonzalez, after all, that means we would get some great games out of him then sell him for some significant cap space!

Old
04-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

I am going to be stuck in Ottawa next weekend and won't be able to go to the match.

I know this is a long shot but as anyone tried to watch an Impact game on TV anywhere in Ottawa before?

Thanks in advance.

Also awesome post re: Ouimette Laurent - couldn't agree more.

Old
04-17-2013, 05:29 PM
ArtPeur

the next game will be on TSN

http://www.impactmontreal.com/fr/schedule

Old
04-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Bud2790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post
I am going to be stuck in Ottawa next weekend and won't be able to go to the match.

I know this is a long shot but as anyone tried to watch an Impact game on TV anywhere in Ottawa before?

Thanks in advance.

Also awesome post re: Ouimette Laurent - couldn't agree more.
I would definately go to this place since the game's on TSN
http://realsports.ca/BarAndGrill/Ottawa/Gallery/

Old
04-18-2013, 11:00 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Nope, Ouimette has played well enough, despite the mistakes, to stay in the lineup. He is at a point where he needs to play real games if he wants to improve. He was very good against NYRB, putrid against KC and more than ok - despite a few mistakes and a little nervousness in his game - against Columbus. Growing pains, we have to live with them.

Secondly, your idea requires THREE changes. That's too much. Brovsky is good defensively and the whole purpose of starting Tissot would be to provide offense. If we want more offense, we just have to start Tissot over Brovsky, moving him to the right doesn't give us more offense, it just moves it around.

And lastly, I want Tissot to get a start, but I'd prefer if he were to start as left winger. His defense is his weakness and it is not as if Mapp deserved to start. I'd love Smith to get a chance there also. With potentially 7 games in a span of 20 days, we might see him.
Mapp played good enough last game to deserve a start IMO.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:21 PM
RoadTotheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post

For him or any other young players, they will have good games an average ones. The constancy come with the playing time and experience, Right now they are still learning. They are not all blue chips.

Even Tissot, if he would start on a regular basis he would probably go through the same process. Right now everybody is on is d**k but as soon he would lack constancy people would kick is butt.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:30 PM
RoadTotheCup

Romero had a good start but lately he was invisible.

Still think its to soon to throw him away. Any player need time to adapt to the league, even guy like Henry and Di Vaio needed a full half season at their debut.

We can't throw away the young players and the new ones as soon as they play an average game. Otherwise how would you build team.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:29 PM
gelu88

Nick Sabetti ‏@Nick_Sabetti 11h
Quote:
Bologna DG Zanzi has said that talks for Paponi are currently at a standstill, because #IMFC want Bologna to pay Paponi's wages for the year

Bologna would rather just keep him and try and move in summer, if Impact don't pay a decent portion

Old
04-18-2013, 11:56 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
Nick Sabetti ‏@Nick_Sabetti 11h
My god Saputo is cheap, meanwhile in L.A, Frank Lampard is soon coming to a team that has 7 mil invested in 2 players already.

Old
04-19-2013, 12:11 AM
Rumcajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
My god Saputo is cheap, meanwhile in L.A, Frank Lampard is soon coming to a team that has 7 mil invested in 2 players already.
I would rather Saputo spend money on high profile players than mid calibre pickups. No need for him anyway. We have Wenger.

Old
04-19-2013, 05:49 AM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
It may not be because he's cheap. Maybe because of salary cap.

Closed Thread