HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 14.0 - The "Jinxed Undefeated Season" Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2013, 05:20 PM
  #651
Guilliam
Registered User
 
Guilliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,763
vCash: 500
We haven't hear about him in a while. Do we know if he's progressing?

Guilliam is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 05:27 PM
  #652
gelu88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brossard, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
Complete radio silence.

8 days till the start of the compressed roller coaster ride, and there are a lot of questions up in the air.

Paponi has been here for a couple weeks, if he gets signed, can he join the team and immediately make a difference?

is Ferrari alright?

Rivas?

It looks like teams have figured out what made us succeed early on. Will we change it up or keep trying the same thing?

What calibre of lineup does the FO think is worth having for CCL?

gelu88 is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 05:39 PM
  #653
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,583
vCash: 500
Last time I heard about Rivas, it was someone on one of these threads saying that with all the biking he is doing [On the stationary bike], he could compete for "Le Tour de France"

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 07:02 PM
  #654
Bud2790
Registered User
 
Bud2790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Hey guys, I can't make it to our next home game (April 27 vs Chicago). I'm selling 2 tickets for 60$ and I can deliver to your house depending where you are at (can let them go for like 55 if we meet somewhere close to my house). Through admission's website, 2 tickets would cost you 78$.


Will update this post in a few minutes with a pic showing the view from the seats.

Edit:

PM me if you're interested!


Last edited by Bud2790: 04-16-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Bud2790 is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 07:12 PM
  #655
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 9,836
vCash: 500
Rivas is not even practicing with the team. I say he's still at least a month away.

For Paponi, I'm not sure I want to sign him. We will reach our limit for foreign players so this may mean no DP in the summer. We can always release one of the foreign players, mainly thinking about Iapichino but this may weaken our depth in defense specially after loaning Valentin out.

In a way I like the impact bringing young foreign players like Felipe, Rodriguez and Paponi, the older guys have also been very solid for us specially Camara, Nesta, Ferrari and Di Vaio but I've been disappointed so far with Pisanu and Romero. And if Felipe doesnt pick up his game he's soon joining the list of disapointments.

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 01:25 PM
  #656
peate
Registered User
 
peate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,280
vCash: 595
Another injury on the D, I guess we'll see more of Ouimette.

Impact de Montréal ‏@impactmontreal
Defender Matteo Ferrari will miss the the next 2 to 3 weeks due to an injury to his left calf

peate is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 01:34 PM
  #657
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 9,836
vCash: 500
Next game Camara should play CB with Nesta then switch Brovsky to the right and play Tissot at LB.

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 01:55 PM
  #658
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.
 
Montreal Impact FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Next game Camara should play CB with Nesta then switch Brovsky to the right and play Tissot at LB.
I agree. Iapichino as been a terrible deception (since we bylass him for Tissot). I wouldnt rely on felipe referals in the future lol.

Montreal Impact FC is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 02:24 PM
  #659
Riverside Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Riverside Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Would not write Iapichino off yet (although I think the Impact have). He has played very very little since coming over. Has made a handful of mistakes (he is only 22).

He may be done with IMFC but I don't think he ever really got a shot. Priorities change I guess.

Riverside Habs Fan is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 03:16 PM
  #660
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.
 
Montreal Impact FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post
Would not write Iapichino off yet (although I think the Impact have). He has played very very little since coming over. Has made a handful of mistakes (he is only 22).

He may be done with IMFC but I don't think he ever really got a shot. Priorities change I guess.
Maybe but the comments i heard about iapichino... lol ferrari said if i remember correctly slow and is like a woman (i think it was in a rds pregame interview).. lol the reason i mention this is because he may not be mentally strong enough to reach the next level.. he seems to be the player who isnt taken seriously... dont know.. his father mist be pissed he didnt want him to come over.. maybe he was right.. this hasnt been a great experiece for him.. other than hang with nesta time to time... wich isnt bad already.

Montreal Impact FC is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 03:24 PM
  #661
Riverside Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Riverside Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
Maybe but the comments i heard about iapichino... lol ferrari said if i remember correctly slow and is like a woman (i think it was in a rds pregame interview).. lol the reason i mention this is because he may not be mentally strong enough to reach the next level.. he seems to be the player who isnt taken seriously... dont know.. his father mist be pissed he didnt want him to come over.. maybe he was right.. this hasnt been a great experiece for him.. other than hang with nesta time to time... wich isnt bad already.
LOL I never heard that from Ferrari. Anyways disappointing situation.

Riverside Habs Fan is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 03:32 PM
  #662
JordanStaal#1Fan
Registered User
 
JordanStaal#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Asbestos, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,991
vCash: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Next game Camara should play CB with Nesta then switch Brovsky to the right and play Tissot at LB.
Nope, Ouimette has played well enough, despite the mistakes, to stay in the lineup. He is at a point where he needs to play real games if he wants to improve. He was very good against NYRB, putrid against KC and more than ok - despite a few mistakes and a little nervousness in his game - against Columbus. Growing pains, we have to live with them.

Secondly, your idea requires THREE changes. That's too much. Brovsky is good defensively and the whole purpose of starting Tissot would be to provide offense. If we want more offense, we just have to start Tissot over Brovsky, moving him to the right doesn't give us more offense, it just moves it around.

And lastly, I want Tissot to get a start, but I'd prefer if he were to start as left winger. His defense is his weakness and it is not as if Mapp deserved to start. I'd love Smith to get a chance there also. With potentially 7 games in a span of 20 days, we might see him.

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 03:40 PM
  #663
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,583
vCash: 500
I say it depends on Nesta. Hearing Ferrari say "I won't say I'm happy to have Nesta back because that would mean that I don't like his play."

Nesta was brought in here to Win and HELP the younger ones. He won't stay here forever. Have to give Ouimette as much time as he possibly can with Nesta. I can assure you he has more chances of progressing by playing in the MLS alongside Nesta rather than with god knows who on the reserves.

We have to accept Ouimettes struggles, cause if he was able to play fantastic errorless games at CB at his age in the MLS, chances are that he woulden't remain here for long. Only a few players are able to be quality starters in their first few years. Normally those guys have that "something" special

Off the top of my head, Omar Gonzalez from LA is one of the few that have been able to have almost flawless debuts

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 03:50 PM
  #664
JordanStaal#1Fan
Registered User
 
JordanStaal#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Asbestos, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,991
vCash: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
I say it depends on Nesta. Hearing Ferrari say "I won't say I'm happy to have Nesta back because that would mean that I don't like his play."

Nesta was brought in here to Win and HELP the younger ones. He won't stay here forever. Have to give Ouimette as much time as he possibly can with Nesta. I can assure you he has more chances of progressing by playing in the MLS alongside Nesta rather than with god knows who on the reserves.

We have to accept Ouimettes struggles, cause if he was able to play fantastic errorless games at CB at his age in the MLS, chances are that he woulden't remain here for long. Only a few players are able to be quality starters in their first few years. Normally those guys have that "something" special

Off the top of my head, Omar Gonzalez from LA is one of the few that have been able to have almost flawless debuts


That's a great post regarding the Ouimette situation and I agree with you COMPLETELY!

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 04:04 PM
  #665
gelu88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brossard, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
Quote:
We have to accept Ouimettes struggles, cause if he was able to play fantastic errorless games at CB at his age in the MLS, chances are that he woulden't remain here for long.
I woudn't mind if be magically turned into a Omar Gonzalez, after all, that means we would get some great games out of him then sell him for some significant cap space!

gelu88 is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 04:58 PM
  #666
Riverside Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Riverside Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
I am going to be stuck in Ottawa next weekend and won't be able to go to the match.

I know this is a long shot but as anyone tried to watch an Impact game on TV anywhere in Ottawa before?

Thanks in advance.

Also awesome post re: Ouimette Laurent - couldn't agree more.

Riverside Habs Fan is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 05:29 PM
  #667
ArtPeur
Registered User
 
ArtPeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 245
vCash: 500
the next game will be on TSN

http://www.impactmontreal.com/fr/schedule

ArtPeur is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 07:51 PM
  #668
Bud2790
Registered User
 
Bud2790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post
I am going to be stuck in Ottawa next weekend and won't be able to go to the match.

I know this is a long shot but as anyone tried to watch an Impact game on TV anywhere in Ottawa before?

Thanks in advance.

Also awesome post re: Ouimette Laurent - couldn't agree more.
I would definately go to this place since the game's on TSN
http://realsports.ca/BarAndGrill/Ottawa/Gallery/

Bud2790 is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 11:00 AM
  #669
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Nope, Ouimette has played well enough, despite the mistakes, to stay in the lineup. He is at a point where he needs to play real games if he wants to improve. He was very good against NYRB, putrid against KC and more than ok - despite a few mistakes and a little nervousness in his game - against Columbus. Growing pains, we have to live with them.

Secondly, your idea requires THREE changes. That's too much. Brovsky is good defensively and the whole purpose of starting Tissot would be to provide offense. If we want more offense, we just have to start Tissot over Brovsky, moving him to the right doesn't give us more offense, it just moves it around.

And lastly, I want Tissot to get a start, but I'd prefer if he were to start as left winger. His defense is his weakness and it is not as if Mapp deserved to start. I'd love Smith to get a chance there also. With potentially 7 games in a span of 20 days, we might see him.
Mapp played good enough last game to deserve a start IMO.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 10:21 PM
  #670
RoadTotheCup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
I say it depends on Nesta. Hearing Ferrari say "I won't say I'm happy to have Nesta back because that would mean that I don't like his play."

Nesta was brought in here to Win and HELP the younger ones. He won't stay here forever. Have to give Ouimette as much time as he possibly can with Nesta. I can assure you he has more chances of progressing by playing in the MLS alongside Nesta rather than with god knows who on the reserves.

We have to accept Ouimettes struggles, cause if he was able to play fantastic errorless games at CB at his age in the MLS, chances are that he woulden't remain here for long. Only a few players are able to be quality starters in their first few years. Normally those guys have that "something" special

Off the top of my head, Omar Gonzalez from LA is one of the few that have been able to have almost flawless debuts
For him or any other young players, they will have good games an average ones. The constancy come with the playing time and experience, Right now they are still learning. They are not all blue chips.

Even Tissot, if he would start on a regular basis he would probably go through the same process. Right now everybody is on is d**k but as soon he would lack constancy people would kick is butt.

RoadTotheCup is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 10:30 PM
  #671
RoadTotheCup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Romero had a good start but lately he was invisible.

Still think its to soon to throw him away. Any player need time to adapt to the league, even guy like Henry and Di Vaio needed a full half season at their debut.

We can't throw away the young players and the new ones as soon as they play an average game. Otherwise how would you build team.

RoadTotheCup is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 11:29 PM
  #672
gelu88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brossard, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
Nick Sabetti ‏@Nick_Sabetti 11h
Quote:
Bologna DG Zanzi has said that talks for Paponi are currently at a standstill, because #IMFC want Bologna to pay Paponi's wages for the year

Bologna would rather just keep him and try and move in summer, if Impact don't pay a decent portion

gelu88 is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 11:56 PM
  #673
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
Nick Sabetti ‏@Nick_Sabetti 11h
My god Saputo is cheap, meanwhile in L.A, Frank Lampard is soon coming to a team that has 7 mil invested in 2 players already.

Maxpac is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 12:11 AM
  #674
Rumcajs
Registered User
 
Rumcajs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
My god Saputo is cheap, meanwhile in L.A, Frank Lampard is soon coming to a team that has 7 mil invested in 2 players already.
I would rather Saputo spend money on high profile players than mid calibre pickups. No need for him anyway. We have Wenger.

Rumcajs is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 05:49 AM
  #675
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 9,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
My god Saputo is cheap, meanwhile in L.A, Frank Lampard is soon coming to a team that has 7 mil invested in 2 players already.
It may not be because he's cheap. Maybe because of salary cap.

Captain Saku is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.