HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks at the Trade Deadline

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-19-2013, 07:18 PM
  #326
Virtanev
+
 
Virtanev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,421
vCash: 50
Insider Trading coming up on TSN. Will post if anything Canucks related is brought up.

Virtanev is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:19 PM
  #327
DJOpus
Registered User
 
DJOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,049
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot1 View Post
I don't wanna see Roy in a Canucks jersey at all. He's 5'9", hasn't produced well for a while now, has a giant salary that's not proportionate to his production, and is kind of a ******.
Last five years:

2012-13 - 0.70 PPG - 57 point pace
2011-12 - 0.55 PPG - 45 point pace
2010-11 - 1.00 PPG - 82 point pace
2009-10 - 0.86 PPG - 71 point pace
2008-09 - 0.85 PPG - 70 point pace

He's down a bit but honestly if he can come in and score 60 points on our 2nd line he'd be worth about $5M to me...I'd rather have Ribeiro but would happily settle for Roy above the no one that we currently have to centre the 2nd PP...if you need to dump Booth to fit Roy/Ribeiro in, you do it and don't think twice given all the young wingers we have.

DJOpus is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:19 PM
  #328
Bleach Clean
Moderator
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 16,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
Agree somewhat. Depends on what we can get for Luongo or Schneider. If we get equal prospects or picks as the one's we trade it is not a disaster. However we cannot trade Jensen or our first for a rental we do not plan to sign. Do not go all in. Consider trading Raymond for an equivalent center. Or Raymond for a pick who you can trade for a center. We need a center this year and next year so if we can make a hockey trade that would be a no brainer. Iggy is a luxury, not sure we can afford luxuries when we have necessities that he to be filled.


I look at deals as separate cases. As soon as you start using one to justify another, I think it becomes clear what should have done in both cases, not just the one. On balance.

I agree with trading Raymond for a C. But now you run into the problem of not having enough good LWers if you do. So I'm not sure they can deal Raymond anymore... That's one of the reasons for wanting to bring in a lesser solution to the 3C position. It likely wouldn't cost you Raymond in getting that player.

You know what, I don't even care if the player isn't a rental and actually re-signs. Losing Jensen/1st is a no go for me. A player like Jensen can put it together and make you look pretty silly afterwards. I mean, people are complaining incessantly about Hodgson right now, imagine if Jensen is dealt only to become a premier scorer? Madness.

Extend that to the high quality 1st round, and by association the Canucks' 1st round pick, and I don't like it there either... Gillis, for the love of everything good, do not trade your 1st or Jensen.



Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
I agree.

Sell of assets. Let your young players play. Stock up on draft picks.

Go after specialty role players in FA (Iginla, if we're on his list maybe he'll come as FA).

The deep draft and our injury concern, coupled with the short season makes that palatable at least to me.

Not to mention we can't really be that much worse with Connauton, Jensen, and Archibald than we are playing right now.

Ride the goalie and a the top line and top 4 defense to the playoffs and hope for the best, knowing next year presents a massive one year push.


I don't know if I advocate full on sell mode, but I would definitely lean in that direction more than I would to the "buy" category. Definitely. I would give this roster at least a chance by getting a lower end 3C. Fix the immediate need. After that, leave it up to them to do something with it. If they do, great. If not, make the adjustments in the offseason.

Just give them the bare minimum. This roster doesn't deserve more.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:19 PM
  #329
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 21,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Insider Trading coming up on TSN. Will post if anything Canucks related is brought up.
Thanks. I don't have cable at all so I'm glad people give updates on what's being said (they don't always post highlights from insider trading on their website).

Tiranis is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:23 PM
  #330
Bleach Clean
Moderator
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 16,774
vCash: 500
Speculation on Roy - DAL not able to re-sign him = chaching.

ANA makes sense as they are looking at a 2C option.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:24 PM
  #331
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I look at deals as separate cases. As soon as you start using one to justify another, I think it becomes clear what should have done in both cases, not just the one. On balance.

I agree with trading Raymond for a C. But now you run into the problem of not having enough good LWers if you do. So I'm not sure they can deal Raymond anymore... That's one of the reasons for wanting to bring in a lesser solution to the 3C position. It likely wouldn't cost you Raymond in getting that player.

You know what, I don't even care if the player isn't a rental and actually re-signs. Losing Jensen/1st is a no go for me. A player like Jensen can put it together and make you look pretty silly afterwards. I mean, people are complaining incessantly about Hodgson right now, imagine if Jensen is dealt only to become a premier scorer? Madness.

Extend that to the high quality 1st round, and by association the Canucks' 1st round pick, and I don't like it there either... Gillis, for the love of everything good, do not trade your 1st or Jensen.







I don't know if I advocate full on sell mode, but I would definitely lean in that direction more than I would to the "buy" category. Definitely. I would give this roster at least a chance by getting a lower end 3C. Fix the immediate need. After that, leave it up to them to do something with it. If they do, great. If not, make the adjustments in the offseason.

Just give them the bare minimum. This roster doesn't deserve more.
Pretty much nailed it, IMO. If this roster doesn't start playing a lot better then no single player is going to be the answer. Fill the obvious 3C hole and if a good deal comes along to trade Luongo then go for it. But keep the prospects and the first round pick. We really need to start having some good young players being groomed for a top 6 role.

vanwest is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:24 PM
  #332
Bleach Clean
Moderator
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 16,774
vCash: 500
NYR looking for a gritty forward for Gaborik. Someone with "push back".

Bmac unsure of teams in on Iginla, but on both lists of 3 and 5 teams, speculation is that VAN is on both.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:25 PM
  #333
Linden*
[hello] :)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 49,472
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Insider Trading coming up on TSN. Will post if anything Canucks related is brought up.
i missed it, was watching the Caps and Pens

did they only talk about Roy?

Linden* is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:26 PM
  #334
DJOpus
Registered User
 
DJOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,049
vCash: 50
Thinking about our issues, it seems like Nashville might be a team we can look at for a 2-way centre soon...they are about to fall behind CBJ in the standings (assuming CBJ can hang on to their 2-0 lead).

Someone on the trade rumors forum mentioned that Legwand might become available...any interest?

I'd probably put him behind Ribeiro/Roy but I'd be happy to add him as our 3rd line centre going forward.

DJOpus is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:28 PM
  #335
Virtanev
+
 
Virtanev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,421
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Thanks. I don't have cable at all so I'm glad people give updates on what's being said (they don't always post highlights from insider trading on their website).
Some timbits.


Iginla: Many believe it's either a 3 or 5 team list, which both include Vancouver. At that's what McKenzie has said. It's pure speculation at this point though.

Gaborik: Rangers looking to potentially move him. Asking price is hight, looking fot top 4 defenceman+Gritty top 9 forward.

Dan Boyle: Rangers interested

Derek Roy: Anaheim interested.

Bobby Ryan: Not going anywhere.

Brendan Morrow: Controls his destiny, likely to get moved to where ever he wants.

Virtanev is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:28 PM
  #336
TheSnowLeopard
Registered User
 
TheSnowLeopard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Soviet Kanuckistan
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Bmac unsure of teams in on Iginla, but on both lists of 3 and 5 teams, speculation is that VAN is on both.
How can Igninla possibly be a fit? Gillis isn't into rentals, he is going to be way over-priced and it is rather doubtful Calgary wants to risk having him end up in the same division. Plus, he is going to want to go to a cup contender which this year very likley does not include the good guys.

Cheers

TheSnowLeopard is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:28 PM
  #337
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,923
vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
NYR looking for a gritty forward for Gaborik. Someone with "push back".

Bmac unsure of teams in on Iginla, but on both lists of 3 and 5 teams, speculation is that VAN is on both.
Max Lapierre will push back they also want a defenseman. Ballard, Lapierre and a 1st round pick for Gaborik?

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:29 PM
  #338
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,923
vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnowLeopard View Post
How can Igninla possibly be a fit? Gillis isn't into rentals, he is going to be way over-priced and it is rather doubtful Calgary wants to risk having him end up in the same division. Plus, he is going to want to go to a cup contender which this year very likley does not include the good guys.

Cheers
If Iginla is not going to re-sign in Calgary and is willing to be traded then Calgary has to move him to get something for him. If all he wants is Vancouver then they don't have much of a choice.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:30 PM
  #339
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 21,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Some timbits.


Iginla: Many believe it's either a 3 or 5 team list, which both include Vancouver. At that's what McKenzie has said. It's pure speculation at this point though.

Gaborik: Rangers looking to potentially move him. Asking price is hight, looking fot top 4 defenceman+Gritty top 9 forward.

Dan Boyle: Rangers interested

Derek Roy: Anaheim interested.

Bobby Ryan: Not going anywhere.

Brendan Morrow: Controls his destiny, likely to get moved to where ever he wants.
Thanks. Wonder if Rangers and Sharks make a deal? Seems like there could be some compatibility there.

Wonder how much interest there actually is in Morrow. He has been pretty bad for a while now.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:30 PM
  #340
Bgav
We Stylin'
 
Bgav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,399
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Max Lapierre will push back they also want a defenseman. Ballard, Lapierre and a 1st round pick for Gaborik?
Id LOL so hard if New york took that

Bgav is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:31 PM
  #341
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,886
vCash: 500
So Higgins/Booth and Ballard for Gaborik is what I got out of this.

keslerburrows is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:32 PM
  #342
Virtanev
+
 
Virtanev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,421
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Thanks. Wonder if Rangers and Sharks make a deal? Seems like there could be some compatibility there.

Wonder how much interest there actually is in Morrow. He has been pretty bad for a while now.
No Problem. McKenzie mentioned Boston as a team interested.

Virtanev is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:34 PM
  #343
Virtanev
+
 
Virtanev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,421
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
So Higgins/Booth and Ballard for Gaborik is what I got out of this.
Booth and Ballard for Gaborik would be the funniest thing ever. The best part of it would be if Gaborik struggled people will call it a bad trade for Gillis. A la the Booth deal.

Virtanev is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:34 PM
  #344
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,358
vCash: 576
I not waiting another year to get a chance at the cup......new conference, tougher competition less guarantee......it now or never

canuck4life16 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:34 PM
  #345
Bleach Clean
Moderator
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 16,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Some timbits.


Iginla: Many believe it's either a 3 or 5 team list, which both include Vancouver. At that's what McKenzie has said. It's pure speculation at this point though.

Gaborik: Rangers looking to potentially move him. Asking price is hight, looking fot top 4 defenceman+Gritty top 9 forward.

Dan Boyle: Rangers interested

Derek Roy: Anaheim interested.

Bobby Ryan: Not going anywhere.

Brendan Morrow: Controls his destiny, likely to get moved to where ever he wants.

Lol, add Clowe to that bolded conversation and there's a done deal.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnowLeopard View Post
How can Igninla possibly be a fit? Gillis isn't into rentals, he is going to be way over-priced and it is rather doubtful Calgary wants to risk having him end up in the same division. Plus, he is going to want to go to a cup contender which this year very likley does not include the good guys.

Cheers

I agree. Just reporting what they said.


Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Max Lapierre will push back they also want a defenseman. Ballard, Lapierre and a 1st round pick for Gaborik?

No 1st! Although if Sather went for that deal, Gillis would be remiss not to do it. I just don't want Gillis trading that 1st.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:38 PM
  #346
Virtanev
+
 
Virtanev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,421
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Lol, add Clowe to that bolded conversation and there's a done deal.





.
I could actually see that happening. But IMO it's time for the Sharks to rebuild.

Virtanev is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:38 PM
  #347
Hammer79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,057
vCash: 500
Iginla doesn't solve our problems up the center, but I could see him being lethal with the Sedins. Burrows could help spark the 2nd line.

If the Canucks did acquire him, they could sign him to a one year deal to wait out this stupid artificial cap dip year (from what I've heard revenues have been very good this season), and hope the cap goes back up for 2014-2015 with the inevitable rise in revenues and give him a 3 or 4 year deal then. They could put Malhotra on LTIR to make the numbers work this season.

As for cost, Calgary would be handcuffed if Iginla's short list is only 3-5 teams. MG might be able to get him cheaper than we realize, and cheaper than Feaster wants.

Hammer79 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:48 PM
  #348
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,923
vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Honestly based on what the Rangers are asking for Gaborik, I think something like Boyle + Clowe for Gaborik makes more sense than anything we could offer.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:51 PM
  #349
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 16,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Extend that to the high quality 1st round, and by association the Canucks' 1st round pick, and I don't like it there either... Gillis, for the love of everything good, do not trade your 1st or Jensen.

If not, make the adjustments in the offseason.
Top 10 picks aside, Ryan Kesler is the only player the Canucks have drafted in the 1st rd over the last 30 years that could be considered better than Derek Roy. It's extremely unlikely we get a player near Roy's calibre with that pick. I would be much more reluctant to move Jensen, as he's closer to being NHL ready and has shown well as a pro.

This team needs another impact forward. If you want to do it in the offseason, odds are, you're still going to have to pay a significant price to do it. It just gives you 1 less strong shot at a Stanley cup.

Drop the Sopel is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:54 PM
  #350
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,923
vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Top 10 picks aside, Ryan Kesler is the only player the Canucks have drafted in the 1st rd over the last 30 years that could be considered better than Derek Roy. It's extremely unlikely we get a player near Roy's calibre with that pick. I would be much more reluctant to move Jensen, as he's closer to being NHL ready and has shown well as a pro.

This team needs another impact forward. If you want to do it in the offseason, odds are, you're still going to have to pay a significant price to do it. It just gives you 1 less strong shot at a Stanley cup.
Nice to see you FINALLY agree with me.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.