Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 28: Home, sweet home

Old
03-19-2013, 02:16 AM
Nikko*

vCash: 500
Steckel is the type of acquisition that really will show its value tenfold come playoff time.

Nikko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:18 AM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
Steckel is the type of acquisition that really will show its value tenfold come playoff time.
It also gives BB more flexibility once Bonino comes back.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:20 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Did Etem get his first goal puck? Two goals in like 30 seconds. I hope he did. I would of called a time out. To let the kid get his first goal puck and a head shake from the bench.
Why would you call a timeout, kill all momentum, and let the Sharks collect themselves? That would be doing the other team's job for them.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:33 AM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

I know TV timeouts are not allowed immediately after a goal. Not so sure if a team can call one then. Anybody know?

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:36 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I know TV timeouts are not allowed immediately after a goal. Not so sure if a team can call one then. Anybody know?
Yes :

Quote:
87.1 Time-out - Each team shall be permitted to take one thirty-second time-out during the course of any game, regular season or playoffs. All players including goalkeepers on the ice at the time of the time-out will be allowed to go to their respective benches.
This time-out must be taken during a normal stoppage of play. Only one time-out, commercial or team, shall be permitted at any one stoppage of play. For the purpose of this rule, a commercial time-out is deemed an “official time-out” and not charged to either team.
Any player designated by the Coach will indicate to the Referee (prior to the drop of the puck) that his team is exercising its option and the Referee will report the time-out to the Game Timekeeper who shall be responsible for signaling the termination of the time-out.
No time-out shall be granted following a face-off violation.
When a penalty shot has been awarded to either team by the Referee, no time-out will be granted once instructions have been given to the player taking the shot and the goalkeeper defending the shot. No time-out will be granted during the shootout.
No warm-up involving pucks on the ice shall be permitted for a goalkeeper or replacement goalkeeper during a time-out. If, after one warning, this continues, the Referee shall assess a delay of game penalty to the offending team.

Television commercial time-out guidelines are established by the League. However, no commercial time-out is permitted after the scoring of a goal. No commercial time-out is permitted after the calling of an icing infraction, except when a penalty or penalties are assessed that affect the on-ice strength of either team.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:37 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 1076
You can, you just wouldn't do it just because a player of yours scored the first goal.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:01 AM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
There's very few places I rather not live, than Vegas.

Long Beach, though, is not a very great place in my opinion. About half of it is pure ghetto, another third is overpriced boring suburbia, and then you have Belmont Shore and the surrounding areas, which really don't have much going for them, besides expensive homes, dirty beaches, and dive bars. I can think of 100 cities in the LA/OC area that I rather live in.

Sorry for going off topic. Go Etem!
Downtown has a lot of potential if they would clean the place up of the ghetto element

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:59 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Good game by Fasth?

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 05:40 AM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Good win, bit worrying to give up 2 goals and get Sharks back into the game, but held them off well.

Our unsustainable levels are so damn high!

mightyquack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Did Etem get his first goal puck? Two goals in like 30 seconds. I hope he did. I would of called a time out. To let the kid get his first goal puck and a head shake from the bench.
i want to say someone said holland skated over and grabbed it

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Good game by Fasth?
I thought he played well. Controlled a lot of tough shots and held the rebounds in. I didn't really like the short side goal he gave up, but that was the only gaffe I noticed.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:19 AM
DarthYenik

It looks like Thornton's hit on Palmieri has been thoroughly swept under the rug.

DarthYenik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Fallenity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYenik View Post
It looks like Thornton's hit on Palmieri has been thoroughly swept under the rug.
Was there even a mainboard thread?

I guess because Palmieri returned the same game back and Thornton is a superstar, they think it can just be forgotten.

Fallenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:14 AM
jiggsawpuzzle35

Quote:
I thought he played well. Controlled a lot of tough shots and held the rebounds in. I didn't really like the short side goal he gave up, but that was the only gaffe I noticed.
I thought that was a good goal by Marleau. Patrick had some passing options to left and maybe that's why Fasth wasn't 100% sure he was gonna take the shot. Can't fault him on the 1st goal either since he was screened. Third goal was obviously going wide when it went off of Getzlaf. Overall great game by Fasth.

jiggsawpuzzle35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:23 AM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
It was a good game by Fasth.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:48 AM
la patineuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
Was there even a mainboard thread?

I guess because Palmieri returned the same game back and Thornton is a superstar, they think it can just be forgotten.
It got moved to the WC game day thread. I'm not sure why.

Nothing new; more open season on Ducks players. I guess the NHL is serious about getting shots to the head out of the game. oh well, Palmieri came back, but I hope he doesn't start having delayed symptoms. Scary that this close call came so closely after his recent concussion.

la patineuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:50 AM
la patineuse

Quote:
Overall, I thought he looked pretty good . The first goal might have been deflected and the third goal was off of Getzlaf's skate.

la patineuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggsawpuzzle35 View Post
I thought that was a good goal by Marleau. Patrick had some passing options to left and maybe that's why Fasth wasn't 100% sure he was gonna take the shot. Can't fault him on the 1st goal either since he was screened. Third goal was obviously going wide when it went off of Getzlaf. Overall great game by Fasth.
The defense cut off his passing options well enough to give Fasth the shot. He was too deep and cheating to his right on the play. In that instance, you give Marleau the difficult right side of the net to shoot at or force him to make a perfect pass. Way too much room on the easy short side.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:53 PM
DarthYenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by la patineuse View Post
It got moved to the WC game day thread. I'm not sure why.

Nothing new; more open season on Ducks players. I guess the NHL is serious about getting shots to the head out of the game. oh well, Palmieri came back, but I hope he doesn't start having delayed symptoms. Scary that this close call came so closely after his recent concussion.
Yeah, I guess the HFboards admins are part of the conspiracy.

But when this happens with a hit so similar to one that got our star player suspended, it makes me believe, just a little, that there's a double standard in the way the NHL disciplines it's players.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYenik View Post
Yeah, I guess the HFboards admins are part of the conspiracy.

But when this happens with a hit so similar to one that got our star player suspended, it makes me believe, just a little, that there's a double standard in the way the NHL disciplines it's players.
Just a little?

Old
03-19-2013, 01:50 PM
DarthYenik

Quote:
Just a little?
Call it denial, but I want to believe that the league is fair. I look at other suspensions (or lack there of) on other players on other teams and against other teams, and the vast majority I agree with. But then something like this happens, and I question it.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:03 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 7000
The funny thing is the thread on the hit was started by a Sharks fan. A new member but he had a Sharks avatar.

kducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

When it comes to marketing and publicity I don't think there is any doubt the NHL favors the east coast teams. But when it comes to the calls on the ice I don't buy for a minute that there is intentional favoritism. If the league were to ever be found out that they instructed refs to favor or disfavor certain teams the league would explode. Credibility would be gone. They would be put in the same category as TV wrestling.

There will always be crappy officiating and every team always thinks they got the worst of it. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't but it's only because the officials are pretty bad and not consistent. Well, that and hometown announcers telling you your team is always getting screwed.

The only sane way to deal with it is to believe the calls even out. Maybe they don't, but what can any fan do about it? No sense driving yourself crazy wearing a tin foil hat every time you watch a game.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Nikko*

Officiating has been pretty equally horrific across the board. However, it's a different story when we are talking about former players who aren't that far removed from their NHL careers who dole out suspensions. That's just asking for bias.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Dude, cmon. At least try to think about what youre saying before you type it in.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote