HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dan Boyle and Martin Havlat Could Be Dealt?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2013, 09:43 PM
  #151
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
They may move one of those two players but it's not going to be a cap dump and the thought that they should move Boyle for Martin is pointless for San Jose. They have a good enough blue line going forward without Boyle and Martin isn't going to add anything significant to their group that they don't already have.

As for your value of Havlat, that's asinine. His performance in the playoffs is solid and he has the skills teams look for. Someone will take the chance if their team is on his list and it's not going to be something so low in an offer either. The Sharks would keep him if that was anywhere near accurate.
5 million per year for an offensive winger who has 6 points this year with the cap going down. Teams will be lining up to give up valuable assets for that.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:45 PM
  #152
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Havlat has minimal value IMO.

Lou Lams will steal him, just like he did with Zidlicky. Will probably give up a 2nd, Tallinder and Janssen.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:49 PM
  #153
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 37,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
5 million per year for an offensive winger who has 6 points this year with the cap going down. Teams will be lining up to give up valuable assets for that.
You bet because people aren't so naive to believe that his six points in the twenty games he's played this year is the determining factor of his value. People still recognize his skill set and his playoff production. They will certainly give more than two expiring contracts that are finished as players.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:49 PM
  #154
WTFetus
Moderator
Marlov
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 12,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Havlat has minimal value IMO.

Lou Lams will steal him, just like he did with Zidlicky. Will probably give up a 2nd, Tallinder and Janssen.
Except the Sharks aren't actively shopping him...
If he has minimal value, then the Sharks will just keep him. He's still a great player when healthy.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:51 PM
  #155
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
You bet because people aren't so naive to believe that his six points in the twenty games he's played this year is the determining factor of his value. People still recognize his skill set and his playoff production. They will certainly give more than two expiring contracts that are finished as players.
This is the first time the cap has gone down since the CBA came into place with a lot of teams needing to shed salary so I wouldn't bet on it.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:52 PM
  #156
Kenny G
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Havlat has minimal value IMO.

Lou Lams will steal him, just like he did with Zidlicky. Will probably give up a 2nd, Tallinder and Janssen.


Zidlicky!

Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:56 PM
  #157
AJ SF4L
#GoSharks
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Havlat has minimal value IMO.

Lou Lams will steal him, just like he did with Zidlicky. Will probably give up a 2nd, Tallinder and Janssen.
1. DW would be crucified for that deal.
2. This assumes Havlat is being shopped and would only waive his clause for NJ, severely hampering his value, in which case Wilson wouldn't trade him. He's worth more to the Sharks when healthy than a fighter, another defenseman, and a 2nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
This is the first time the cap has gone down since the CBA came into place with a lot of teams needing to shed salary so I wouldn't bet on it.
see

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Joe Pavelski ($4.000m)
Tommy Wingels ($0.775m) / Logan Couture ($2.875m) / Martin Havlat ($5.000m)
T.J. Galiardi ($0.998m) / James Sheppard ($0.866m) / Adam Burish ($1.850m)
John McCarthy ($0.613m) / Andrew Desjardins ($0.704m) / Daniil Tarasov ($0.680m)
DEFENSEMEN
Brad Stuart ($3.600m) / Dan Boyle ($6.667m)
Marc-Edouard Vlasic ($4.250m) / Brent Burns ($5.760m)
Matt Irwin ($1.250m) / Jason Demers ($1.500m)
Justin Braun ($1.250m) /
GOALTENDERS
Antti Niemi ($3.800m)
Alex Stalock ($0.722m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,058,792; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $3,241,208
The Sharks do not have cap issues and do not need to shed value for scraps. If Boyle or Havlat are moved, it will be for value to the team now and in the future, and only for that reason.

AJ SF4L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:58 PM
  #158
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ SF4L View Post
1. DW would be crucified for that deal.
2. This assumes Havlat is being shopped and would only waive his clause for NJ, severely hampering his value, in which case Wilson wouldn't trade him. He's worth more to the Sharks when healthy than a fighter, another defenseman, and a 2nd.



see



The Sharks do not have cap issues and do not need to shed value for scraps. If Boyle or Havlat are moved, it will be for value to the team now and in the future, and only for that reason.
So return with the same team but just 1 year older is the solution?

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:58 PM
  #159
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 37,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
This is the first time the cap has gone down since the CBA came into place with a lot of teams needing to shed salary so I wouldn't bet on it.
There actually isn't that many teams that need to shed salary to be cap compliant. Chances are, if the Sharks deal him, they're going to want a player that can contribute now anyway which means a team will not likely take on a lot of salary trading for Havlat.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:11 PM
  #160
AJ SF4L
#GoSharks
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
So return with the same team but just 1 year older is the solution?
Yes, in a sense. Marleau, Thornton, Havlat, Stuart, and Boyle are the only older players who'd be coming back, and none of them are players who'd be detrimental to the Sharks' success. Even if Wilson moves anyone, there will be value coming back. As of right now, I'd rather see this group under a new head coach before blowing it up.

AJ SF4L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:11 AM
  #161
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
There actually isn't that many teams that need to shed salary to be cap compliant. Chances are, if the Sharks deal him, they're going to want a player that can contribute now anyway which means a team will not likely take on a lot of salary trading for Havlat.
The biggest thing the Sharks could gain by trading Havlat is capspace.

When other teams are able to sign wingers like Horton, Ryder, MacArthur. Jagr, McDonald all for less than the 5 million Havlat gets and in a few cases substantially less like more in the 3.5 million range but receive similar production why would they trade valuable assets for Havlat?

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:18 AM
  #162
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,721
vCash: 500
So with that cap space who do we sign? Considering the free agent pool is terrible and free agents rarely choose San Jose anyway, think I would rather stick with havlat then take a stupid risk like that. Why are you so obsessed with the sharks dumping salary?? We don't need to, not sure how else to explain that

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:31 AM
  #163
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 37,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
The biggest thing the Sharks could gain by trading Havlat is capspace.

When other teams are able to sign wingers like Horton, Ryder, MacArthur. Jagr, McDonald all for less than the 5 million Havlat gets and in a few cases substantially less like more in the 3.5 million range but receive similar production why would they trade valuable assets for Havlat?
Because not everyone can use free agency as an option to acquire players of Havlat's skill set and not all of those guys have his productivity in the playoffs. Plus, those players aren't exactly available right now.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:49 AM
  #164
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,921
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Because not everyone can use free agency as an option to acquire players of Havlat's skill set and not all of those guys have his productivity in the playoffs. Plus, those players aren't exactly available right now.
Plus, none of those guys would sign in SJ.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:08 PM
  #165
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,072
vCash: 50
i wish these guys were on backdiving contracts... sens would take both.

11.7M in cap hit is no biggie for us. 12.7M in salary is.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:11 PM
  #166
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
i wish these guys were on backdiving contracts... sens would take both.

11.7M in cap hit is no biggie for us. 12.7M in salary is.
If we were to trade them and if we got good return, we could eat some of the salary.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:36 PM
  #167
Mattb124
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
The biggest thing the Sharks could gain by trading Havlat is capspace.

When other teams are able to sign wingers like Horton, Ryder, MacArthur. Jagr, McDonald all for less than the 5 million Havlat gets and in a few cases substantially less like more in the 3.5 million range but receive similar production why would they trade valuable assets for Havlat?
We don't need it to keep current players deserving raises, Doug Wilson is philosophically opposed to making substantial moves during free agency and historically hasn't done so, and we are not cost constrained and trying to reduce salary. Given this, what would be the objective of creating cap space - especially when the result is losing skill sets the team needs? It makes no sense.

Mattb124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:46 PM
  #168
Nolan11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
As I've stated many times I've moved on from Martin. I'm not so sure you have though.

The entire purpose of this section of the message board is to speculate/guess/throw out trade ideas.
A legitimate writer wrote an article about Boyle possibly being on the move so throw out a proposal that you think makes sense or you can justify.
If Pit is interested in Dan Boyle, the offer should be something along the lines of

Bennett + 1st 2013 for Boyle + 2014 3rd
or

Bennett + Kuhnhackl/Harrington for Boyle

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 07:47 AM
  #169
BrimStone64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,067
vCash: 500
Boyle and Crowe for Gabrorik? Solves both clubs needs and all rumoured on the block.

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:48 AM
  #170
allworldcaucasn*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 4,659
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
If NY wants the best player on the Sharks, Dan Boyle, Stepan or Hagelin is coming back. Sharks want youth if they're unloading.

allworldcaucasn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:56 AM
  #171
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,464
vCash: 500
Boyle and Havlat to the Rangers for Gaborik and........Boyle.

Might make sense for both teams.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:04 AM
  #172
Crazy Joe Divola
Registered User
 
Crazy Joe Divola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Boyle and Havlat to the Rangers for Gaborik and........Boyle.

Might make sense for both teams.
Not for San Jose

Crazy Joe Divola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:18 AM
  #173
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Boyle and Crowe for Gabrorik? Solves both clubs needs and all rumoured on the block.
Nope. Can't afford him, don't want him, could get much better deals for those two players

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Boyle and Havlat to the Rangers for Gaborik and........Boyle.

Might make sense for both teams.
Haha. No.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:18 AM
  #174
cwgatti
Registered User
 
cwgatti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 417
vCash: 500
You can't tighten the bolts in Brian Boyle's neck tight enough to make him any part of a deal for Dan Boyle and Havlat.

cwgatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:35 AM
  #175
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion
 
Coach Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,640
vCash: 500
One thingis for certain: Boston and San Jose will make a trade before the deadline. No idea who, but they will swap players.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.