HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Dan Boyle and Martin Havlat Could Be Dealt?

Old
03-21-2013, 04:43 PM
nickschultzfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
You probably didn't read the posts before as to why we're even entertaining the idea of trading Boyle and Havlat.

The only way we are trading either of them is to shed salary AND get young talent/picks back because we are retooling. If we are competing, they wouldn't be traded period.

Now ask yourself, do you think a retooling team would trade for someone like Gaborik, who is expensive, might leave in a year and is getting older?
If that is the case, than it should be Boyle, Havlat, Thorton, Marleau, and Murray in the thread title.

Trading away those players would actually bring in a massive haul that would put the Sharks in the right direction.

But if the Sharks are merely trying to trade Havlat and D.Boyle to make the playoffs with their current roster, than Gaborik and B.Boyle would help them upgrade their forwards so they could put Burns back on defense.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:51 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
If that is the case, than it should be Boyle, Havlat, Thorton, Marleau, and Murray in the thread title.

Trading away those players would actually bring in a massive haul that would put the Sharks in the right direction.

But if the Sharks are merely trying to trade Havlat and D.Boyle to make the playoffs with their current roster, than Gaborik and B.Boyle would help them upgrade their forwards so they could put Burns back on defense.
B Boyle and 'upgrade' do not belong in the same sentence.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Arrch

vCash: 50
Quote:
But if the Sharks are merely trying to trade Havlat and D.Boyle to make the playoffs with their current roster
They're not, it's just LeBurn's opinion.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:03 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:

Thornton and Marleau are also available for the right price. But the OP quoted something from Lebrun, who reported both players going to NYR and not to any other team. Marleau and Thornton doesn't make sense for NYR because of Richards/Nash/Gabby. Also their NMCs are much more restrictive than Boyle's and Wilson doesn't value Havlat as highly as them, so Lebrun, and therefore the OP, didn't mention them as possibilites.

Murray can be had as well. He just wouldn't garner very much in return in comparison to the other 4 players.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:14 PM
stempniaksen

vCash: 150
Havlat back to Ottawa would make a lot of sense, imo. Don't think the Sens have the pieces to acquire him though since their main pieces are goalies/defencemen.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:18 PM
Lundsanity30

Rangers could use boyle, but I'm sure the price would be too high.. What would it take out of curiosity"

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Rangers could use boyle, but I'm sure the price would be too high.. What would it take out of curiosity"
Honestly, something like JT Miller and a 1st (2014). We could keep 2 million of Boyle's cap hit if that helped you pull the trigger.

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:33 PM
BigDmitriy

Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
Honestly, something like JT Miller and a 1st (2014). We could keep 2 million of Boyle's cap hit if that helped you pull the trigger.
Eh...what impact would Miller have on our line-up now?

BigDmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:40 PM
SharksAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Personally, I'd want Hagelin + involved in any deal for Boyle.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
I wouldn't do that and the Rangers don't have a 1st anyway.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDmitriy View Post
Eh...what impact would Miller have on our line-up now?
Given that the next 3 sharks posters questioned my sanity (in a polite way), JT Miller and the Rangers 2014 1st rounder is likely not enough to entice the Sharks to give up Boyle. If you swapped Miller for Hagelin/Kreider/Stepan (your pick), Sharks fans would pull the trigger but Ranger fans likely wont.

I like the fact that Miller is playing 3rd line for rangers right now, but could possibly be traded. He is liked by their fans and seems to have some potential. He could play on our third line this year, and is a young cost controlled RFA. Even if he does not reach his potential, he would be an upgrade on Burish/Zus and a few others.

So, Ranger fans: If sharks kept 2 million of Boyle's cap and potentially threw in Clowe (while holding 1 million of his hit), would you part with one of Hagelin/Kreider/Stepan (your choice) + a pick???

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Given that the next 3 sharks posters questioned my sanity (in a polite way), JT Miller and the Rangers 2014 1st rounder is likely not enough to entice the Sharks to give up Boyle. If you swapped Miller for Hagelin/Kreider/Stepan (your pick), Sharks fans would pull the trigger but Ranger fans likely wont.

I like the fact that Miller is playing 3rd line for rangers right now, but could possibly be traded. He is liked by their fans and seems to have some potential. He could play on our third line this year, and is a young cost controlled RFA. Even if he does not reach his potential, he would be an upgrade on Burish/Zus and a few others.

So, Ranger fans: If sharks kept 2 million of Boyle's cap and potentially threw in Clowe (while holding 1 million of his hit), would you part with one of Hagelin/Kreider/Stepan (your choice) + a pick???
Not interested in taking on another huge contract at the expense of our young pieces. Especially for a guy who is on the wrong side of 35. If we're giving up someone like Kreider, Hagelin or Stepan -- all of whom are highly unlikely to be moved -- we'll be targeting someone who is younger, cheaper, and can grow with the current team.

Hell, I don't even like the idea of giving up Gaborik for Boyle. Reeks of desperation.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksAddict View Post
Personally, I'd want Hagelin + involved in any deal for Boyle.
Good luck buddy. Hagelin has consistently been our 3rd best player behind Nash, and Callahan.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Bar Down

Havlat-Crosby-Kunitz

SHUT UP I CAN DREAM CANT I

Bar Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Mafoofoo
Jawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidsBackhand View Post
Havlat-Crosby-Kunitz

SHUT UP I CAN DREAM CANT I
Whoa we must be on the same wavelength cuz in my dream, Shero got super super super drunk and in a drunken stupor while screaming "yo dawg im the big bad GM. i dont give a **** maaaan" traded us Malkin for Boyle and Havlat.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:48 PM
BigDmitriy

Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Whoa we must be on the same wavelength cuz in my dream, Shero got super super super drunk and in a drunken stupor while screaming "yo dawg im the big bad GM. i dont give a **** maaaan" traded us Malkin for Boyle and Havlat.
I like this dream!

What would the Pens offer for Havlat?

BigDmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:59 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
aaaand Letang, don't forget Letang... Jeez

Old
03-22-2013, 06:18 PM
sjshark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Staal View Post
Good luck buddy. Hagelin has consistently been our 3rd best player behind Nash, and Callahan.
Cool. Boyle will stay a Shark then.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:34 PM
CanadianSharks

Quote:

I wouldn't trade Havlat for Gaborik. Both are overpaid and underperforming, except Gaborik is more overpaid. So D. Boyle for... B. Boyle?

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:36 PM
CanadianSharks

Quote:

Sign me up!

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:56 AM
Bar Down

Of course Sharks fans want Malkin. Everyone does.

Why trade a Ferrari for a Porsche and a BMW? A Ferrari is ONCE IN A GENERATION.

Old
03-23-2013, 02:57 AM
Mafoofoo
Jawesome

Quote:
Of course Sharks fans want Malkin. Everyone does.

Why trade a Ferrari for a Porsche and a BMW? A Ferrari is ONCE IN A GENERATION.
You trade a Ferrari for a Porsche and a BMW because Ferrari's are super finicky and everytime they get damaged it's a full on assault on your wallet. Plus you'll never be able to let your Ferrari cut loose while all paying way more for gas than you would with a Porsche or a BMW. That and speed bumps go from slight annoyance to one of the most stressful bits of road you'll encounter. Also Ferrari's aren't once in a generation. If anything that'd be a Bugatti.

So yeah I think I explained why Boyle + Havlat for Malkin is fair. We'd be doing you a favor bro.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:29 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
Havlat back to Ottawa would make a lot of sense, imo. Don't think the Sens have the pieces to acquire him though since their main pieces are goalies/defencemen.
Taking over Havlat's contract and cap hit would be an overpayment.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Bar Down

Quote:
You trade a Ferrari for a Porsche and a BMW because Ferrari's are super finicky and everytime they get damaged it's a full on assault on your wallet. Plus you'll never be able to let your Ferrari cut loose while all paying way more for gas than you would with a Porsche or a BMW. That and speed bumps go from slight annoyance to one of the most stressful bits of road you'll encounter. Also Ferrari's aren't once in a generation. If anything that'd be a Bugatti.

So yeah I think I explained why Boyle + Havlat for Malkin is fair. We'd be doing you a favor bro.
If it's such a hassle, why do you want him? Besides, you'd have to give away way more than that for a top notch player like that.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:12 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
If it's such a hassle, why do you want him? Besides, you'd have to give away way more than that for a top notch player like that.
Dear god man, learn about sarcasm. He's kidding, not subtlely.