HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LeBrun: roster reset? Boyle to Rangers?

Old
03-18-2013, 02:09 PM
stator

vCash: 500
He never mentioned coaches or the GM office as possible parts of the "fresh coat of paint". Does LeBrun usually only blogs about players, or is that telling?

stator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stator View Post
He never mentioned coaches or the GM office as possible parts of the "fresh coat of paint". Does LeBrun usually only blogs about players, or is that telling?
He was talking about the roster specifically.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Pinkfloyd

The Boyle trade needs to happen whether it's at the deadline or this summer. Clowe and Murray need to go as soon as possible. I doubt handzus and havlat get moved. Honestly, I'd trade jumbo at the draft too and go from there

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:17 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
The Boyle trade needs to happen whether it's at the deadline or this summer. Clowe and Murray need to go as soon as possible. I doubt handzus and havlat get moved. Honestly, I'd trade jumbo at the draft too and go from there
IF he would even let you. Big IF.

I guess if you told him "We are not likely to win a cup in the timeframe you have and we would like to find a team where you have a chance to do so and we can get some assets that will help us in the post Joe Thornton era" he might. But he's going to provide a pretty small list of teams he'll be ok with, and those teams might not necessarily be teams that want him. It could be tricky.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
IF he would even let you. Big IF.

I guess if you told him "We are not likely to win a cup in the timeframe you have and we would like to find a team where you have a chance to do so and we can get some assets that will help us in the post Joe Thornton era" he might. But he's going to provide a pretty small list of teams he'll be ok with, and those teams might not necessarily be teams that want him. It could be tricky.
isn't boyle's no trade clause one of the worst kinds for a player to have? where he can only list a list of like 5 teams he will not waive it to, but the other 25 teams are actually not part of his no trade clause.

so litterally all he would do is say no oilers, no islanders, no columbus, no florida, no colorado. but he can be traded freely to any other team not on that list without even asking him.

Barrie22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
isn't boyle's no trade clause one of the worst kinds for a player to have? where he can only list a list of like 5 teams he will not waive it to, but the other 25 teams are actually not part of his no trade clause.

so litterally all he would do is say no oilers, no islanders, no columbus, no florida, no colorado. but he can be traded freely to any other team not on that list without even asking him.
I think that is how it is. But the list is 10 non-tradable teams I believe.

03-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
I think that is how it is. But the list is 10 non-tradable teams I believe.
lol its in the middle for both, 8 teams.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:27 PM
hockeyball

Quote:

He was talking about Thornton, so was I.

Capgeek says Boyle can list 8 teams he would not allow a trade to. They are usually pretty good about that stuff. Boyle is easy to trade. Thornton may not be.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Kmshrkx

What do you think DW can get for any of these guys? They are all slow and old. I say it's time to rebuild from the top down.

Kmshrkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
He was talking about Thornton, so was I.

Capgeek says Boyle can list 8 teams he would not allow a trade to. They are usually pretty good about that stuff. Boyle is easy to trade. Thornton may not be.
i believe thornton would be very easy to trade also, he definately would not go to say an columbus team who has no signs of getting out of the bottom.

but if you told him the sharks were going into full rebuild mode, and we don't expect to make the playoffs for the next couple seasons. he would go for sure.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:31 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:

Eh, I think he'd be fine with Florida. My guess of the 8 teams would be

Edmonton
Columbus
New York Islanders
Buffalo
Calgary
Dallas
Winnipeg
Carolina

With the realignment, the Sharks might try to avoid trading him to teams like Colorado and Phoenix if they could help it.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmshrkx View Post
What do you think DW can get for any of these guys? They are all slow and old. I say it's time to rebuild from the top down.
thornton, boyle would get you a pretty decent return. thornton for being old and slow is still putting up point per game seasons, and has shown no signs of stopping that for a few more years. boyle is slowing down big time but he still has 12 points in 25 games, which is on pace for a 23 point pace over 48 games. which doesn't sound like much but its a 40 point pace over an 82 game season.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Lebanezer

If I were DW I'd call NYR and try to build something around Boyle and Clowe for Hagelin and Kreider/Miller.

Lebanezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:57 PM
Linkster
Rebuildt?

Marek & Wyshynski just talking about the Sharks and LeBrun's column. Quick synopsis of 4 minute segment starting around minute 49:00 --

- Boyle being shopped, possibly to NYR?
- M&W both like Burns as a forward but point out how it's been tried in the past and never stuck
- is Matt Irwin making the Burns experiment possible?
- Murray and Clowe being shopped?
- Murray has "fallen off the radar" in terms of "elite" NHL d-men who can "hit like a freight train"
- Clowe is a guy you would hate to give up because of the lack of available "power forwards"
- Clowe plays half a step slower than everyone else and some wish he'd drop a few pounds to gain foot speed

Linkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:59 PM
AstroDan
Stars, cars, guitars

vCash: 136
I bleed teal too. I started following Boston after Sturm moved there and now like the Bruins too. I always land on SJ though. Always will.
I see moves coming, I just hope its not any of the top six, and I include Boyle. The guy is older, yes, but he is still a stud, and the best D man on the team, and one of the best in the league! I think he brings it every game and 29 other teams would love to have him. The same for JT, Marleau, and even Clowe and Murray. (to a lesser degree for different reasons)
I'd move one of Clowe or Murray, but not both. Who'd be our tough guy? Desi? Leave Clowe with Cootch, IMHO.
DW will make a move that will put SJ solidly in the PO's like he always does. I know there is a lot of angst on here about him, but he seems to make the moves that can drive the team, with some notable exceptions.
Don't blow anything up.
Detroit never blew it up and they've made the PO's, what, 22 times in a row! THis is a team that players like to play on. THe Bay Area is a wonderful place to live and the fans are top notch.

Go SHARKS!!!!!!

AstroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 03:19 PM
lsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroDan View Post
I bleed teal too. I started following Boston after Sturm moved there and now like the Bruins too. I always land on SJ though. Always will.
I see moves coming, I just hope its not any of the top six, and I include Boyle. The guy is older, yes, but he is still a stud, and the best D man on the team, and one of the best in the league! I think he brings it every game and 29 other teams would love to have him.

Go SHARKS!!!!!!
Absolutely, I've been a Sharks fan since my first game at the Cow Palace, but losing my favorite player to another team, especially when it's not due to any fault on their end will really piss me off.

lsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 03:37 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkster View Post
Marek & Wyshynski just talking about the Sharks and LeBrun's column. Quick synopsis of 4 minute segment starting around minute 49:00 --

- Boyle being shopped, possibly to NYR?
- M&W both like Burns as a forward but point out how it's been tried in the past and never stuck
- is Matt Irwin making the Burns experiment possible?
- Murray and Clowe being shopped?
- Murray has "fallen off the radar" in terms of "elite" NHL d-men who can "hit like a freight train"
- Clowe is a guy you would hate to give up because of the lack of available "power forwards"
- Clowe plays half a step slower than everyone else and some wish he'd drop a few pounds to gain foot speed
That last point is interesting. Is his conditioning not where it should be? The only other key guys who didn't play overseas were Boyle and Marleau, and conditioning has never been a problem for either, plus they both came out on fire to start the season.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 03:55 PM
PattyLafontaine

For me I'd love to see lots of trades because this team in its current form is unwatchable. Just think back to Giants around 2007 when they dumped Bonds and cleared out the aging veterans and went towards youth. The team wasn't that great in 2008 or 2009 but at least there was young talent developing and by 2010 they were making a run. Now they look like a team capable of pushing for World Series titles every year which is all you can ask for ...

The Sharks have been trending downward for the last 2+ years and it's time to rebuild the team in order to adapt with the game of today.

The reason that the Oilers and Islanders etc aren't good has to do with ownership.

The Sharks ownership hasn't been an issue.

PattyLafontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Janney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Boyle for Callahan straight up.
Dan Boyle + Tomas Hertl

for

Ryan Callahan + Brian Boyle + 7th round pick

Rangers will look to get the best of both worlds (something for the future and right now) if they were to trade a beast like Callahan.

Janney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:24 PM
one2gamble

Boyle to the rangers is a rumor from last year.....is he recycling again?

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Evincar
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by param View Post
Dan Boyle + Tomas Hertl

for

Rangers will look to get the best of both worlds (something for the future and right now) if they were to trade a beast like Callahan.
What's everyone's obsession with Callahan? That doesnt look like a good deal at all, especially since we are giving up Hertl. Del Zotto is the player we need for the future, and he's been in trade rumors for a while.

Evincar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:39 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
We don't need Callahan. I'm not giving up Hertl for him.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:42 PM
pappaf2

Quote:
Dan Boyle + Tomas Hertl

for

Ryan Callahan + Brian Boyle + 7th

Brutal for the sharks.

pappaf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:53 PM
hockeyball

He's also the Captain of the Rangers... why would they trade him?

They screwed themselves when they signed Nash, Richards and Gaborik to those stupid contracts, if they want Boyle I want Kreider or Hagelin, that's it.

Actually, I'd be ok with MDZ too, he'd be a good insurance policy with Burns.

Clowe, Boyle, Braun, 2nd

for

Krieder/Hagelin, MDZ, 1st

Old
03-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Bizz06
#FireDougWilson

vCash: 0
Quote:
Dan Boyle + Tomas Hertl

for

I'm all for having Callahan and I think he's the perfect upgrade from Clowe, but thats a horrible trade, thats the McGinn+Sgarbossa/Galiardi trade x 1000

Bizz06 is offline   Reply With Quote