Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Troy McClure
BPA is a lie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Wait trading one player, Loui, to get a 1st pairing defenseman and now all of a sudden we're worried about the floor? The cap is going down and they're going to have to fill the roster even if Spooner and Khokhlachev are on the team.

Look I'm not trading Loui unless the return is outstanding and that proposed trade fits that definition to me. They'll find the money even if they have to money whip another vet on a one year contract to hit the floor. 3 million or so is not insurmountable.
I thought you were throwing Loui on the pile with Jagr, Whitney, Roy, etc.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
The floor is what, 48.3 mil like it has been? Or lower? We're at 43mil next year.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
I thought you were throwing Loui on the pile with Jagr, Whitney, Roy, etc.
NO you only trade Loui for a 1st pairing defenseman, which in this case is Hamilton.

I do want to trade Jagr, Roy, and perhaps Robidas if they get a good deal. Nieuwendyk will almost certainly sign someone this off-season or they'll acquire someone else's cap casualty so again not too worried about the floor.

I'm so adamant about trading Jagr because Cole, J. Morrow, plus whatever they get for Roy won't be enough to push this rebuild forward or fill the holes, 2C, 1st pairing defenseman, this team still has. Does anyone think I'm wrong?

Old
03-29-2013, 04:32 PM
Brand New Stars

Cole being grouped with the mini rebuild just makes me shake my head. Damn you Joe.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:32 PM
BigG44

The scouts have really dried up:

Quote:
Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika

Scouts in Dallas for Wild-Stars game tonight: Sharks, Senators, Avalanche.
Reports have indicated the Sens are interested in Roy, but that they weren't interested in giving up a ton for him. That said, reports from today indicated Spezza will not return before the playoffs start.

They're obviously looking at Dallas IMO because Minnesota is a playoff team.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:59 PM
Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
The scouts have really dried up:

Reports have indicated the Sens are interested in Roy, but that they weren't interested in giving up a ton for him. That said, reports from today indicated Spezza will not return before the playoffs start.

They're obviously looking at Dallas IMO because Minnesota is a playoff team.
Roy
Robidas
Prospect-ish defenseman

Bishop
Cowen

Please?

Old
03-29-2013, 08:00 PM
BigG44

Cowen's just not realistic .... and not in the "Joe Morrow" isn't realistic sense. They're not going to trade a quality roster player for a rental. At least Morrow was a prospect.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:40 PM
SolidusAKA

Noesen + 2nd for Roy?

Old
03-29-2013, 08:45 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Bruins fan coming in peace to inquire about Roy and Jagr.

Last I'd read, Dallas was looking to extend Jagr. What's up with Roy, and what would it take to get him?

03-29-2013, 08:48 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post

Last I'd read, Dallas was looking to extend Jagr. What's up with Roy, and what would it take to get him?
Still trying to sign Jagr.

I have my doubts Dallas really wants KoKo, but I imagine that's what Boston is offering.

KoKo has two Dallas strikes against him: small and Russian. Seems to be two things GM Joe doesn't like.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Troy McClure
BPA is a lie

Quote:

Old
03-29-2013, 08:50 PM
smithformeragent

Quote:
Still trying to sign Jagr.

I have my doubts Dallas really wants KoKo, but I imagine that's what Boston is offering.

KoKo has two Dallas strikes against him: small and Russian. Seems to be two things GM Joe doesn't like.
Boston's cupboard is rather bare.

Center Ryan Spooner was recently up with the B's when Krejci went down. The kid is a former first rounder with some real offensive skill. He's gonna need time in the AHL.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:52 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Boston's cupboard is rather bare.

Center Ryan Spooner was recently up with the B's when Krejci went down. The kid is a former first rounder with some real offensive skill. He's gonna need time in the AHL.
You're the first Bruin's fan I've actually encountered offering up Spooner. I think he's the obvious better prospect over KoKo, but he wasn't even involved in the Iginla not-trade. If they won't part with him for Iggy, I find it hard to believe they'd move him for any of Dallas' players.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:55 PM
smithformeragent

Quote:
You're the first Bruin's fan I've actually encountered offering up Spooner. I think he's the obvious better prospect over KoKo, but he wasn't even involved in the Iginla not-trade. If they won't part with him for Iggy, I find it hard to believe they'd move him for any of Dallas' players.
I don't see room for Spooner at center in Boston. Seguin is a center who, like Kessel, made the transition to wing in Julien's system. All indications are that Spooner is a center and only a center, and a guy who is only going to be utilized in a top six role.

His path is blocked by Krejci and Bergeron.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:57 PM
BigG44

Quote:
I don't see room for Spooner at center in Boston. Seguin is a center who, like Kessel, made the transition to wing in Julien's system. All indications are that Spooner is a center and only a center, and a guy who is only going to be utilized in a top six role.

His path is blocked by Krejci and Bergeron.
Honestly, that's my evaluation of the situation as well. Like I said though, I'm use to Bruins fans treating him like he's untouchable.

If Spooner is legitimately offered, I think there's a good bet GM Joe would pull the trigger ... on either player ... Jagr or Roy.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:12 PM
BigG44

What a strange turn of events .... Lubomir Visnovky re-signs a 2 year contract with the Isles.

There's a D off the market, and it's doubtful the Isles will be sellers. I hope they make the playoffs. Their terrible owner doesn't deserve it, but those fans sure do.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:45 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Maybe we should trade Cole to Carolina for Jokinen and McBain... maybe throw in Tristian King to get him out of the org, I hear Charlotte could use some bodies.

The Islanders are probably looking at Roy and/or Nystrom. I know they don't have a 2c. They have a lot of nice tradechips though, and I think Wang's trying to sell the team now, so who cares about their terrible owner. Wang only had the Islanders in an attempt to get some more business done. I'd look at a guy like Bailey or Ullstrom and a pick. Maybe Nino, but that would be the unpossibles. I would think any package they could make for Roy would be considerably... more enticing than anything one of the other playoff hopefuls could put together.

With McBain you could move either Larsen or Robidas... pref Robidas. but I really doubt he'll be traded at his price, even though he's still a decent top 4 D. He's making about market value.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:27 AM
BigG44

I'm concerned that Ottawa is still scouting Dallas. The reports that they will not use prime assets at the deadline just keep coming, but worst of all they make sense. There's no need for them to spend big.

Quote:
OTTAWA CITIZEN/OTTAWA SUN: Senators GM Bryan Murray isn’t seeking any blockbuster moves by the deadline, looking for “quiet” deals which could help his team without giving up too much in return. He’s reportedly contacted the Dallas Stars regarding Derek Roy and Jaromir Jagr, but won’t deal for them at any price. Murray has received inquiries about Ben Bishop, and doesn’t intend to carry three goalies, but is leaning toward demoting Robin Lehner again when Craig Anderson returns from an ankle injury.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: Murray will try to tweak his lineup, but I don’t see him moving Bishop now, as he could probably get a better return this summer. With some of his injured players due back soon, Murray doesn’t have to make any desperation deals, plus his depth in young talent continues to carry his injury-ravaged club.
An ideal situation IMO would be Ribeiro signs with Washington or is traded to Anaheim. That would put pressure on Chicago to respond. I don't think Anaheim has as many pieces that Dallas should value as Chicago does.

I'd hate for everything to just fall apart, and see Roy end up in Ottawa. I don't exactly believe they'd give up guys like Noesen.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:31 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Surely another team will offer more if they don't cough up Noesen. That's not even that big of a price.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:48 AM
MB94

If we could get Noesen and a 2nd or a conditional 1st (say if Sens resign Roy or they win two playoffs rounds) then I'd probably jump for joy.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:47 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Why do people want Noesen so badly?

Old
03-30-2013, 03:49 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
Why do people want Noesen so badly?
i think its just a matter of assuming Ottawa would be in on Roy and thinking Noesson is probably the best piece we could hope for from Ottawa.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:59 PM
TrillMike

I'm starting to think more that Roy resigns here. Just a feeling.

Old
03-30-2013, 05:50 PM
English stars fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillmike View Post
If he does, it better be by April 3rd

Old
03-30-2013, 05:51 PM
usefulfiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillmike View Post
Stop it! Think positive!

Closed Thread