Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

2013 Trade Deadline

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Starsdude

vCash: 500
I think Whitney could asked to be moved. I still think he gets you at least a 2 as he can play point and still is a guy who can play top 6 with anyone

Old
04-03-2013, 08:09 AM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Honestly .... if they keep Robi and move Goligoski .... I'll accept it:

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 16s
DAL not shopping D Alex Goligoski but some teams are inquiring. Same as Kulikov in FLA. Names are out there but would have to be good return
We lost the Neal trade. We can't take it back .... it's time to make this team better and not save face. Robidas is a better D than Goligoski. Even if they re-sign him .... Robi is close to his expiration date. Moving Goli would mean in just a few years Robi would be gone as well.

I think it's highly unlikely he moves, but it is important to note that right this moment Goligoski is without a NTC. It kicks in this summer though. If you're going to move him .... might as well do it now with no restrictions.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Dallasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Honestly .... if they keep Robi and move Goligoski .... I'll accept it:

We lost the Neal trade. We can't take it back .... it's time to make this team better and not save face. Robidas is a better D than Goligoski. Even if they re-sign him .... Robi is close to his expiration date. Moving Goli would mean in just a few years Robi would be gone as well.

I think it's highly unlikely he moves, but it is important to note that right this moment Goligoski is without a NTC. It kicks in this summer though. If you're going to move him .... might as well do it now with no restrictions.
Little worried the Stars won't be busy today and I stayed home for nothing

Old
04-03-2013, 08:13 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasman View Post
Little worried the Stars won't be busy today and I stayed home for nothing
I'm with you man. Plus, I'm sick of taking **** from the family for doing this. They just don't understand. This is the 2nd year I've taken the day off. Even though last year was a bust ... I love it.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Dirty Kari

Thing is I am not sure the return for Goligoski would necessarily make this team better. I assume we would want a young top six center back. Can't see us trading him for picks. I am just not sure who would be offering what we would want.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:14 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
I want Kulikov.

Also wouldnt be opposed to moving Goose for the right price. Gotta cut your losses at some point.

I wonder if Philly would be interested. And how much we would have to add to snag Couturier.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Dallasman

Quote:
I'm with you man. Plus, I'm sick of taking **** from the family for doing this. They just don't understand. This is the 2nd year I've taken the day off. Even though last year was a bust ... I love it.
This is my...6th or 7th year in a row doing this. Love it, even if Dallas does nothing.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:16 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

I wish I could stay home from school for this.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:19 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Kari View Post
Thing is I am not sure the return for Goligoski would necessarily make this team better. I assume we would want a young top six center back. Can't see us trading him for picks. I am just not sure who would be offering what we would want.
I see what you're saying .... but AFIK Connauton and Gaunce both will require waivers next season.

I'm truly saying we'll likely never recoup value from the previous Goli trade. For me, it's not about making the team better immediately. Get what you can, and put that mistake behind you.He's still a fairly high scoring D even this season so he should have some value.

IDK ... I'm just really over the Goli experiment. It's hard to watch. I think Joe is probably too proud to do anything about it.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:21 AM
ReverendAlBundy
Loungetown mortician

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I want Kulikov.

Also wouldnt be opposed to moving Goose for the right price. Gotta cut your losses at some point.

I wonder if Philly would be interested. And how much we would have to add to snag Couturier.
I'd imagine we would have to add a fairly significant piece.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Dallasman

I just got married this past year and all I know is my wife is a cool chick as she was all for me staying home. Very happy with that decision!

Old
04-03-2013, 08:22 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

No way we trade Goli. That'll mean Nieuwy actually did something good for once. I also think Goli will turn it around soon, he just needs a new coach

Old
04-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Dirty Kari

Quote:
I see what you're saying .... but AFIK Connauton and Gaunce both will require waivers next season.

I'm truly saying we'll likely never recoup value from the previous Goli trade. For me, it's not about making the team better immediately. Get what you can, and put that mistake behind you.He's still a fairly high scoring D even this season so he should have some value.

IDK ... I'm just really over the Goli experiment. It's hard to watch. I think Joe is probably too proud to do anything about it.
I don't really care that much about making up the previous trade. I just don't think it worth trading him for futures and am not sure what he would bring back as far as current assets. If we have to trade someone, trade the 36 year old Robidas.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:26 AM
starshockeyfan56

A Goligoski trade would make me very happy...

Old
04-03-2013, 08:29 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Kari View Post
I don't really care that much about making up the previous trade. I just don't think it worth trading him for futures and am not sure what he would bring back as far as current assets. If we have to trade someone, trade the 36 year old Robidas.
That's definitely not a bad way to look at it.

Honestly, like I said, I just have hard time watching Goli any more. The turnovers and poor decisions are soul crushing.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

I think Joe is married to Goligoski for the simple fact that if he trades him for futures it basically forever acknowledges that the Neal trade was a bust. He can't self correct. I would be in favor of it depending on the return but I also would be in favor of moving Robidas. At least one of the small defensemen needs to go and it might as well be the old guy who's never going to contribute to a winning team here because of his age.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:54 AM
BigG44

Here me out .... this is likely a impossible situation .... but Phili makes wild trades all the time.

Could you build something around Goligoski and retaining part of his salary + some additional assets to land Couturier?

I know some people question his offensive upside, but I think he's probably damn good value for Goli.

I understand you might have to add a really nice prospect, but maybe it would be worth it.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:03 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

I still think Couturier is (or at least will be) the best player from either of the previous drafts.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:04 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I still think Couturier is (or at least will be) the best player from either of the previous drafts.
Which is why it's weird he's available.

Quote:
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod

If Flyers want Yandle, it'll cost them Couturier + ... Talks are fluid.
Hey Flyers ... why not Goli+!

Old
04-03-2013, 09:09 AM
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn

Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
i think goalagainstki is in the same boat as larsen... don't trade low....next year isn't a contention year, so give them one more chance.

also, if robidas isn't gone today, i will get black out drunk.

hope nystrom goes to a contender. chicago would be nice, not that they need him.

that is all.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:10 AM
BigG44

We're right around the time trades have started in the past 5 years.

Let's get this going.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

I'd add to Goli to get Couturier. The question is what would you have to add? They need d prospects so Connauton or Bystrom going back would be okay. Which forward prospect are you willing to part with to make that deal happen?

Goligoski + Faska for Couturier + 3rd

Is that fair?

Old
04-03-2013, 09:14 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
I'd add to Goli to get Couturier. The question is what would you have to add? They need d prospects so Connauton or Bystrom going back would be okay. Which forward prospect are you willing to part with to make that deal happen?

Goligoski + Faska for Couturier + 3rd

Is that fair?
I was actually wondering if they'd want Faksa.

I don't know that Couturier is such a huge upgrade that it would be smart for Dallas to do that.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:20 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Couturier is an immediate upgrade more than a huge upgrade. Would much rather trade a D prospect than Faksa. They don't need centers anyways with Giroux, Briere, and Schenn all able to play down the middle and Laughton and Cousins in the system.

Goligoski + Glennie + Bystrom/Connauton + 2nd for Couturier. Seems like a lot, but it'd be worth it.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:25 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Here's a crazy idea:

Goligoski + Wing Prospect + 2nd for Kulikov

No reason for Florida to do that, though.

Closed Thread