HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

What would it take to get Vanek?

Old
03-21-2013, 10:01 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
You're never going to find an exact match for any trade scenario, so I don't see what the difference is.
What I'm saying is that people that are trying to say what Vanek's trade value is or isn't will have a hard time finding a good comparable deal because it's rare for guys like Vanek to get moved unless there are issues involved that aren't in play with Vanek.

WhoIsJimBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
What I'm saying is that people that are trying to say what Vanek's trade value is or isn't will have a hard time finding a good comparable deal because it's rare for guys like Vanek to get moved unless there are issues involved that aren't in play with Vanek.
Tkachuk
for
Handzus (good tough 3rd line center at the time)
Nagy (overachieving 2nd line scorer at the time)
Taffe (disappointing prospect at the time)

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:23 AM
koarl

Vanek's effective trade value might be considerably lower than Pominville's, because of the caphit. Yes, it's just for one more season, but several teams already have trouble to fit their current roster under next year's cap. That's one more reason, why I'd trade (and trade for) Pominville before Vanek. There might be more buyers, which will drive up his price.

While Vanek would still net the bigger return, his loss is more severe than the departure of Pominville.

koarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:26 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by koarl View Post
Vanek's effective trade value might be considerably lower than Pominville's, because of the caphit. Yes, it's just for one more season, but several teams already have trouble to fit their current roster under next year's cap. That's one more reason, why I'd trade (and trade for) Pominville before Vanek. There might be more buyers, which will drive up his price.

While Vanek would still net the bigger return, his loss is more severe than the departure of Pominville.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:44 AM
koarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Yeah well, to clarify that a bit:

If you trade Vanek, you will get a better package than by trading Pominville. But it still might be not as good as it could be, because of his caphit. That's what i meant with effective trade value.
So if you subtract the loss of either player, you end up better trading Pom than Van, because there are more possible takers for Poms, which boosts his value.

koarl is offline   Reply With Quote