HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stastny to the habs

Old
05-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Chacal667

vCash: 500
Stastny to the habs

I already made 2 thread about it because I thought that he could have a good chemistry with Galchenyuk, the majority of the users on this board told me that it was a ridiculous idea.

Now that they play together for team USA, I want to know if some of you guys changed your mind about it. ( they play very well together )

And what it would take to land him with the habs considering that he is UFA after the next season ?

Chacal667 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 08:25 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

He needs to go to Nashville to play with Smith.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 08:37 PM
hundreddollarbill

Avs need d? or wingers? obviously center is a position of strength with O'Reilly Duchene, wingers are Parenteau/landeskog.mcginn, so I'm guessing wingers. Their d with Jones and Johnson, along with Barrie elliott coming up isnt looking too bad

We probably don't make good trade partners

hundreddollarbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Hans Landaskog

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
He needs to go to Nashville to play with Smith.
Smith needs to come to Colorado to play with Stastny.

Hans Landaskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Rhaego

Need a top line winger or a top pairing defensemen.

Nothing else makes sense to move Stastny for.

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post
Smith needs to come to Colorado to play with Stastny.
This.

I would be very intrigued from an Avs POV for Smith.

Would love to have him and Stas playing together for the Avs.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 09:00 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

I'd offer Gorges, Kristo and Nashville 2nd 2013.

Kristo has 1st line upside but who knows with him, besides I think he's more suited to life in Colorado, things are probably a tad too serious for his liking in Montreal.

Stastny would have to agree to an extension first.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
MTL needs a #2 defenseman, not another centreman when they need to get rid of one in the first place.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 10:11 PM
EagleBelfour

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
MTL needs a #2 defenseman, not another centreman when they need to get rid of one in the first place.
Bingo. Even if you switch Desharnais on the wing next year, which I hope the Habs does, we still have Plekanec, Eller, Galchenyuk, Prust, White etc ... Stastny would be nice, obviously, but he's not a priority and I wouldn't want to pay the asking price for a luxury, when we have more important matter to attend, as the previous poster say, a solid defenceman.

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 10:22 PM
Drydenwasthebest

"No" to Stastny. We do not need another center. Especially at the cost of Gorges, Kristo and such a high 2nd in a deep draft!! Where do some Habs' fans come up with this crap? NEEDS are more important than NHL 13 for ***** sake. We do NOT need Stastny and should not give up the necessary assets it would take to get him.

Did anyone even look at his cap hit? $6.6 million for a guy to score less points than the two guys we currently have playing the top 6 center positions? With that hit, and his decreasing offensive production I wouldn't take him for DD straight up! DD scored more and hit more than Stastny did over the last 2 seasons! For a heck of a lot less money, too!

Wow. Just...wow. What are people thinking???

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
"No" to Stastny. We do not need another center. Especially at the cost of Gorges, Kristo and such a high 2nd in a deep draft!! Where do some Habs' fans come up with this crap? NEEDS are more important than NHL 13 for ***** sake. We do NOT need Stastny and should not give up the necessary assets it would take to get him.

Did anyone even look at his cap hit? $6.6 million for a guy to score less points than the two guys we currently have playing the top 6 center positions? With that hit, and his decreasing offensive production I wouldn't take him for DD straight up! DD scored more and hit more than Stastny did over the last 2 seasons! For a heck of a lot less money, too!

Wow. Just...wow. What are people thinking???
We should either get "real" wingers for Pleks or we should trade him which means we should trade him. Players like Bourque and Gionta don't cut it and sooner or later things will come to a head and we'll get a lot less for Pleks in a trade then he's worth. That is how things roll in the real world.

Pleks said what he said last wek for a reason, he wants more skilled players to play with and the best for way for that to happen is to trade him.

Old
05-17-2013, 07:52 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
I already made 2 thread about it because I thought that he could have a good chemistry with Galchenyuk, the majority of the users on this board told me that it was a ridiculous idea.

Now that they play together for team USA, I want to know if some of you guys changed your mind about it. ( they play very well together )

And what it would take to land him with the habs considering that he is UFA after the next season ?

so you were already told twice that it was a bad idea and yet you made another thread about it??

The habs dont need anyone to play with Chuckie. They need to add size on D and more botton 6 grit. That shoul dbe their main focus for the summer...

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
so you were already told twice that it was a bad idea and yet you made another thread about it??

The habs dont need anyone to play with Chuckie. They need to add size on D and more botton 6 grit. That shoul dbe their main focus for the summer...
I made another thread because we now have the proof via the world champ that they have a good chemistry together.

And yes maybe the habs need a big D, but a guy like Stastny could add some size AND skills to our top6 something that they need for sure.

We dont need size at our bottom 6, we need size at our TOP 6.

Chacal667 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 12:01 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'd offer Gorges, Kristo and Nashville 2nd 2013.
Eller
Gorges

for

Stastny
McLeod/Bordeleau

No interest in Kristo at all and I agree this would only work if Stastny signed a contract extension. The only thing that makes no sense is we want to move him for a premium and Habs really do not need to pay for another centre at premium cost to be honest.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Eller
Gorges

for

Stastny
McLeod/Bordeleau

No interest in Kristo at all and I agree this would only work if Stastny signed a contract extension. The only thing that makes no sense is we want to move him for a premium and Habs really do not need to pay for another centre at premium cost to be honest.
I'd be willing to switch out Kristo and replace him with Leblanc - 1st round pick (18th or so), has played 40 games in the NHL. He had a high ankle sprain last season and wasn't able to play as well as he is capable of. Spent a year at Harvard and he's a quality person. Not sure he is in the Hab's future plans.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:20 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

If something could be done around Eller + Gorges with the Avs adding a bit, I'd be all for it. Habs would need Stastny signed long-term but I could see him and Patches being a lethal duo for several years.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Prairie Habs

We don't need another center. We also don't need to spend premium assets to bring in a center to play with Galchenyuk because soon Chucky will be playing center himself so it will make the whole thing pointless.

If we are moving the assets necessary to bring in Stastny I would prefer they be spent on a first/second line powerforward or a top 4 physical RD. You know, they areas we need to improve on...

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
If something could be done around Eller + Gorges with the Avs adding a bit, I'd be all for it. Habs would need Stastny signed long-term but I could see him and Patches being a lethal duo for several years.
Wouldn't make sense at all for Montreal IMO.

Eller: 24 years old, 6'2, signed one more year at 1.3M then RFA, 30 points in 46 games last year

Stastny: 27 years old, 6'0, signed one more year at 6.6M then UFA, 24 points in 40 games last year

I don't really see incentive for Montreal to move Eller much less add another valuable piece in Gorges (though some idiots on the Habs forum will tell you Gorges needs to go).

Old
05-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Wouldn't make sense at all for Montreal IMO.

Eller: 24 years old, 6'2, signed one more year at 1.3M then RFA, 30 points in 46 games last year

Stastny: 27 years old, 6'0, signed one more year at 6.6M then UFA, 24 points in 40 games last year

I don't really see incentive for Montreal to move Eller much less add another valuable piece in Gorges (though some idiots on the Habs forum will tell you Gorges needs to go).
Because Stastny is better than Eller and Pleks would be a great 2-C behind him.

To the OP, Staz and Galchenyuk aren't on the same line...

Staz and Pacioretty showed good chemistry last WC though.

No interest in a trade here, Gorges didn't have the kind of season I'd expect from him to justify getting #2 minutes in Colorado at the expense of Staz, long term I don't see him filling a need here once our guys develop.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Because Stastny is better than Eller and Pleks would be a great 2-C behind him.

To the OP, Staz and Galchenyuk aren't on the same line...

Staz and Pacioretty showed good chemistry last WC though.

No interest in a trade here, Gorges didn't have the kind of season I'd expect from him to justify getting #2 minutes in Colorado at the expense of Staz, long term I don't see him filling a need here once our guys develop.
Stastny might be better than Eller but we are already paying Plekanec 5M, DD 3.5M, and have Gachenyuk to be our future 1C. It would be irresponsible from a cap management point of view to bring on a player 5M more expensive (not to mention we lose his rights much sooner) for a minimal gain at best. It would be irresponsible from a player management point of view to bring in a player to play as our 1C when we already have a player who we think we become an excellent 1C in the near future (Chucky) and we currently have a player who plays it well enough that we don't need to waste assets trying to bring someone in (Plekanec).

I like how you use this season to point out how you aren't interested in Gorges but completely ignore that Eller had a better season than Stastny this year.

Old
05-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
I like how you use this season to point out how you aren't interested in Gorges but completely ignore that Eller had a better season than Stastny this year.
Yep, points determine whether or not a player had a better season. And because you have a promising prospect you shouldn't add someone into the position they might fill.

If Staz was another average center I'd understand, but he's not.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Habsawce

The organization has put a lot of time and effort into grooming Eller and they're finally starting to reap the rewards, why in blue hell would they trade him for a player that cost 3x as much with aroudn the same ceiling and they have no idea if he woudl be able to adapt to the meat grinder that is Montreal.

This is going from dumb to just straight stupid.

Old
05-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Yep, points determine whether or not a player had a better season. And because you have a promising prospect you shouldn't add someone into the position they might fill.

If Staz was another average center I'd understand, but he's not.
Um... yeah... they kind of make up a big part of it.

But I guess that just because Eller is younger, bigger, put up more points in less ice time, is cheaper, we own his rights longer, has 4 times more hits, plays comparable defense, and we already know he fits well within our club and the city, it doesn't mean we can't trade him + for a player we don't need.

If Staz wasn't another average center I'd understand.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Um... yeah... they kind of make up a big part of it.

But I guess that just because Eller is younger, bigger, put up more points in less ice time, is cheaper, we own his rights longer, has 4 times more hits, plays comparable defense, and we already know he fits well within our club and the city, it doesn't mean we can't trade him + for a player we don't need.

If Staz wasn't another average center I'd understand.
Statsny is a good player who had an average year. He has all the tools to be a top end 2C on any team in the league.

However, the Avs are not dealing from a situation of strength. Everyone knows they have 2 centres who they believe are the future over Statsny and Paul is on a hefty cap hit. While I believe if he was made available they would get a fair value for him, fans should not expect a kings ransom for him either.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:17 PM
IglooBoy
CH fan in Flamesland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
The organization has put a lot of time and effort into grooming Eller and they're finally starting to reap the rewards, why in blue hell would they trade him ......
My thoughts every time Eller's name is brought up or drafted prospects that are showing signs of promise.

Hey he's good! Trade him! Trade him now! (Player succeeds after being traded away) Why did we trade him! Look how good he is! Management screwed up!

IglooBoy is offline   Reply With Quote