HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around Hockey XI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Closed Thread

Old
05-27-2013, 06:09 PM
major major

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Vermette had 65 points in 2009-10.
You're right, and how can I forget? Hockeydb lists Vermette as a wing, which is why I missed him.

Old
05-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Complete and utter garbage. Yeah, it's natural to feel frustration of losing. But to basically suggest that Brassard is somehow entitled to his crap play because of losing (the majority of which predated him even being drafted by Columbus)...I don't buy that. That's a massive cop-out.

What the hell did Derick Brassard ever do to change things? How often could you walk away from a game and say "Brassard looked engaged out there" or "Brassard played a strong game"? If I'm feeling especially generous, I'd say 50% of the time. The majority was him basically floating around, barely being bothered to backcheck and only occasionally showing any glimpse of his massive potential.

This is a guy who, coming out of junior, was compared (not just in playing style, but in ceiling) to Steve Yzerman and Joe Sakic. And because he got traded, he finally felt like showing up to play on a regular basis. He couldn't do it more than half the time here, and again that's with me being generous, but somehow his three full seasons in Columbus entitled him to basically shut down for extended periods of time.

**** him. And **** everything about him. 309 games doesn't entitle him to a damn thing.
When it comes to fixing the problem, you are one of 2 things, Part of the solution or part of the problem. He just showed which part he was. JD and JK probably already knew that and that is why he is no longer here. Good riddance. We are better without him for the reasons he himself stated.

Old
05-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Complete and utter garbage. Yeah, it's natural to feel frustration of losing. But to basically suggest that Brassard is somehow entitled to his crap play because of losing (the majority of which predated him even being drafted by Columbus)...I don't buy that. That's a massive cop-out.

What the hell did Derick Brassard ever do to change things? How often could you walk away from a game and say "Brassard looked engaged out there" or "Brassard played a strong game"? If I'm feeling especially generous, I'd say 50% of the time. The majority was him basically floating around, barely being bothered to backcheck and only occasionally showing any glimpse of his massive potential.

This is a guy who, coming out of junior, was compared (not just in playing style, but in ceiling) to Steve Yzerman and Joe Sakic. And because he got traded, he finally felt like showing up to play on a regular basis. He couldn't do it more than half the time here, and again that's with me being generous, but somehow his three full seasons in Columbus entitled him to basically shut down for extended periods of time.

**** him. And **** everything about him. 309 games doesn't entitle him to a damn thing.

Well said, Brassard is not missed.

Old
05-27-2013, 09:02 PM
JKinCLE

Brassard=Xavier Laflamme (for those who've seen the movie Goon)

Old
05-27-2013, 09:18 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

4-2 CHI. looks like game 7

Old
05-27-2013, 09:20 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
4-2 CHI. looks like game 7
Detroit just came out in the 3rd period and laid a big ol' Brassard.

(The player, not the person with a user name in support of Brassard)

Closed Thread