HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Ryan to the Leafs!

Old
03-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
I don't think Ryan moves anywhere anytime soon either, but if its a 2C you need, what about something around Turris for Ryan? I really like Turris, but if Zibanejad shows in the next year or so that he can be a 2C in the NHL, I could see something happening with those 2 as the centerpieces.
With what turris pulled in pheonix I wouldn't be willing to give up a big asset like Bobby for him.

Force951 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:45 PM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Kadri + Reilly is what it would take, so no from Toronto.

Ryan is a great player IMO.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Jesus Teemu

Quote:
Real_ESPNLeBrun: I don't think the Ducks have any intention at all of wanting to move Bobby Ryan now or this summer just because of Perry deal, just FYI
https://twitter.com/real_espnlebrun/...70259990687744

Jesus Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Suddenly7

vCash: 500
Why do I feel like Anaheim is the farm team of the NHL? Leave us alone!

Suddenly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly7 View Post
Why do I feel like Anaheim is the farm team of the NHL? Leave us alone!
Then, when we re-sign our core and top players it is for too much, when people don't take in to account what their team would pay for that player.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

I'm getting the impression some people don't appreciate Anaheim's situation. Their cap situation is fine, and they still have plenty of room. One of the reasons for this is simple: They've been able to inject youth into their line-up, adding depth and talent, while also keeping their cap lower. With one of the best prospect pools in the NHL, there is still a lot of talent and youth for them to draw upon. Players like Rakell, Lindholm, Karlsson, Kerdiles, etc... are all going to be similarly used.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:12 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Thank you, LeBrun.

No idea why people think the Ducks will move Ryan. He's only making $5M per, the cap's going up in two years. If anything, the Ducks will trade Hiller's $4.5M to make room.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Thank you, LeBrun.

No idea why people think the Ducks will move Ryan. He's only making $5M per, the cap's going up in two years. If anything, the Ducks will trade Hiller's $4.5M to make room.
And with the way Hillsy has been playing, easily moved in the summer.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodangles View Post
Kessel for Ryan

Any thoughts?
Right trade one scorer for another scorer and how does this benefit Toronto again. So your telling me that Bobby Ryan Is as good of a scorer as Phil Kessel Is Bobby Ryan Is a scorer of his own environment he has Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne to feed him the puck what big play makers does Toronto have that's going to let Ryan put up big numbers In Toronto.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:30 PM
LombardiTool

I am the only one that thinks this thread is Deja Vu? Why is ever rumored player to be available have to have a "To Toronto" thread?

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:46 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
With what turris pulled in pheonix I wouldn't be willing to give up a big asset like Bobby for him.
In Pheonix, he was upset because he is an offensive player, but for whatever reason, the coach would not put him in a position to succeed (i.e. a top 6 role). They played him on the bottom lines with scrubs, which did nothing whatsoever for his development.

Since he has been in Ottawa, he's been solid (though a bit streaky) for us, as well as a model citizen. He was asked to bulk up and put on some muscle, which he did readily. We put him in a top 6 role, and played him with offensive players, and he is very happy, and we are happy with him. He's not a bad seed or malcontent in any way. This was not a Dany Heatley situation whatsoever.

Obviously pieces would be added on one or both sides, but they would be the main pieces.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:49 PM
JackJ

Ryan to the Avs for Reilly or Duchene

JackJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:49 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by LombardiTool View Post
I am the only one that thinks this thread is Deja Vu? Why is ever rumored player to be available have to have a "To Toronto" thread?
Not every one... just the good ones.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:50 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
I assume you mean O'Reilly?

In either case, O'Reilly or Duchene, I think the Avs add a bit.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
They can't trade O'Reilly and they won't trade Duchene.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Ryan won't be moved. /thread get that through your thick heads. There seriously should be a designated Ryan thread so all the people who refuse to believe that can post their fantasies there and stop flooding the trade board with crap that's not gonna happen.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Ryan won't be moved. /thread get that through your thick heads. There seriously should be a designated Ryan thread so all the people who refuse to believe that can post their fantasies there and stop flooding the trade board with crap that's not gonna happen.
I'm questioning if any of the OP's do a search before making another proposal WITH the exact same players being involved. There has to be atleast 15 threads involving Ryan to Toronto. With that said? Can this thread be closed due to duplicate bullcrap?

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:08 PM
TieClark

Bozak and a 2nd

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Force951

Quote:
In Pheonix, he was upset because he is an offensive player, but for whatever reason, the coach would not put him in a position to succeed (i.e. a top 6 role). They played him on the bottom lines with scrubs, which did nothing whatsoever for his development.

Since he has been in Ottawa, he's been solid (though a bit streaky) for us, as well as a model citizen. He was asked to bulk up and put on some muscle, which he did readily. We put him in a top 6 role, and played him with offensive players, and he is very happy, and we are happy with him. He's not a bad seed or malcontent in any way. This was not a Dany Heatley situation whatsoever.

Obviously pieces would be added on one or both sides, but they would be the main pieces.
He didn't like how he was being used, and forced his way out of town. That isn't someone i would give up a very valuable asset for. Almost every player at some point is put in a situation they don't like. But the majority suck it up and work their way out of it.

Now i am not saying i wouldn't want Turris, but i wouldn't give up a big asset to get him either.

Force951 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Ricky Bobby

Carlyle and Ryan didn't exactly get along.

Add in the media presence of Toronto.

= not going to happen

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:57 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
He didn't like how he was being used, and forced his way out of town. That isn't someone i would give up a very valuable asset for. Almost every player at some point is put in a situation they don't like. But the majority suck it up and work their way out of it.

Now i am not saying i wouldn't want Turris, but i wouldn't give up a big asset to get him either.
It's not just that he didn't like how he was being used, its that the coach put him in a situation that was completely the opposite of what his game was suited to. He is not a checker, a plug, or a guy who is suited to playing on an 'energy line' . He is a top 6er, a scorer, and to put him in situations that play to all his weaknesses and none of his strengths means the coach didn't know how to use him. So he took steps to get somewhere that would properly use him, and he has not disappointed at all. I'm one Sens fan that HATED the trade when it was made, and he has completely won me over.

The poster I originally replied to said they would want a 2C in a trade for Ryan, I responded with a 2C, and a young one on a great contract at that.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
It's not just that he didn't like how he was being used, its that the coach put him in a situation that was completely the opposite of what his game was suited to. He is not a checker, a plug, or a guy who is suited to playing on an 'energy line' . He is a top 6er, a scorer, and to put him in situations that play to all his weaknesses and none of his strengths means the coach didn't know how to use him. So he took steps to get somewhere that would properly use him, and he has not disappointed at all. I'm one Sens fan that HATED the trade when it was made, and he has completely won me over.

The poster I originally replied to said they would want a 2C in a trade for Ryan, I responded with a 2C, and a young one on a great contract at that.
You really think the coach didn't know how to use him? Or did the coach have a plan for the better of the team (even if in hindsight it might have been wrong) that didn't agree with Kyle's version of how he should be used? It may have been a poor decision on the coach's part but it was an even poorer one on Kyle's part in how he handled it.

It means he is not a team player. The next time the going gets tough he will once again put himself first over the team. No team needs **** like that.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:32 PM
mydnyte

I'd offer the Leafs entire 2nd line MacArthur - Grabovski - Kulemin
...I'd say thats overpayment, but, for the Ducks, a darn good return, and really makes them strong going into the playoffs.
Palmieri - Getzlaf - Perry
MacArthur - Grabovski - Kulemin

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:35 PM
N o o d l e s

How did I know that the minute Perry signed the "Bobby Ryan to the Leafs post" would start popping up. I only expect it to become more frequent.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by N O O D L E S View Post
How did I know that the minute Perry signed the "Bobby Ryan to the Leafs post" would start popping up. I only expect it to become more frequent.
The bizarre part is that the people asking for him seem to be forgetting that Ryan and Carlyle were supposedly at the heart of that dispute last season that cost Randy his job.