Excellent SN article from a few days ago

Old
03-18-2013, 05:48 PM
allan5oh
#moneypushups

vCash: 50
Excellent SN article from a few days ago

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/j...inst-the-jets/

Kind of flew under the radar. I like how Jokinen really likes this organization, he's played for more than a few teams.

The last two paragraphs are good too:

Quote:
Chipman spent a lot of time studying the industry before buying the Jets and would like to see the organization mirror what Nashville has achieved. The Preds have done an excellent job of drafting and developing players, which has allowed them to qualify for the playoffs seven of the last eight seasons — a prolonged run of success that is unusual nowadays.

“You can (build a team) a couple different ways, but what you’re trying to do is overcome down cycles so that you’re there all the time at least with a chance,” said Chipman. “I think to do that you’ve got to be patient and you’ve got to build the core of your team from the draft and develop it.”

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 06:04 PM
Captain Willard

vCash: 500
A good read and it's reassuring to see that Chipman knows that he has to run a class organization in order to retain and attain players. Thanks for that.

Captain Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:05 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

A lovely read. I always enjoy storys about your city, what the Jets mean to your city and everything around it. I love to read them.

When the Thrashers have been sold and the news came out, I never thought that about two years later I'd say:

I'm a Jet. And I'd love to visit the city of Winnipeg once in a lifetime.

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:50 PM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
A lovely read. I always enjoy storys about your city, what the Jets mean to your city and everything around it. I love to read them.

When the Thrashers have been sold and the news came out, I never thought that about two years later I'd say:

I bet you would Love it here we have Huge German community in Wpg

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:54 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 50
I love how prolific Chipman has been in the media. He's no ghost of an owner like some teams have, and it's even better that it goes from the top down.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:17 PM
dcypher

When you have Mark Chipman doing this after a win. While I did laugh when that happened, at the same time I was like that's ****ing right Canada and world we have the best ownership. You definitely feel the connection of how much he loves hockey the organization and our hometown, just like the rest of our city. Jets for life.

Last edited by dcypher: 03-19-2013 at 02:12 AM.
dcypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:50 AM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

we could not have hand picked a better ownership group.....it still blows my mind....for the team and for the city.....they make me really proud to be a winnipegger.

i really with jokinnen would find his stride.....i want him to do well here.

that gif is so awesome.....a multi billionaire in an old navy shirt, a local guy blowing a gasket and the GM left hanging on a high five from both of them.....love it.

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:57 AM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post

I can help!

Kinjero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 05:07 AM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcypher View Post
When you have Mark Chipman doing this after a win. While I did laugh when that happened, at the same time I was like that's ****ing right Canada and world we have the best ownership. You definitely feel the connection of how much he loves hockey the organization and our hometown, just like the rest of our city. Jets for life.
When I saw that, it made me really realize that there's no way a guy who gets that pumped up for a win is just going to be content if we make the playoffs every now and then. Love it! The article was fantastic too!

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 06:02 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
When I saw that, it made me really realize that there's no way a guy who gets that pumped up for a win is just going to be content if we make the playoffs every now and then. Love it! The article was fantastic too!
Maybe he doesn't really care about the Jets...
Just really hates Toronto

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 07:48 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjero View Post
I can help!
He actually will be able to help me when I finally started to earn money (still a journalism student).

Maybe next season I will be able to make the trip guys =) I'll let you know when the time is right

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:
David Thompson sure is a snappy dresser.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:49 AM
Bob E

Quote:
Would love to see that image after a playoff game. Or better yet, many playoff games.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote