HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phi- Ana

Old
03-19-2013, 12:08 PM
airforceones25

vCash: 500
Last year when Philly tried to acquire Ryan, the Ducks front office said B. Schenn + Couturier. Any proposal without at least one of them shall be deemed invalid from here on out!

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

The myth that people think we need to move Ryan is not very thought out. Maybe after next year and its clear he wants more than he's worth. But don't see ANY chance of it happening until the offseason after the upcoming one. Selanne is almost surely going to retire. Anyone who's watched him, knows this is biggest drop he's had in years. Gotta think he's done. Etem is looking like his replacement for next year. Time will tell who that center will be on that line. Basically we need Ryan to make up for Selanne's loss.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:25 PM
FLYERSxGIROUX28

I would absolutely be willing to give up couturier, as much as i love him, if it means we not only get ryan but also get sbisa back. ryan with giroux could see giroux have chemistry with a scorer again, like jagr of last year on steroids

FLYERSxGIROUX28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:29 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Start with one of B. Schenn or Couturier and we'll talk.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
To Op, not a chance. The D is fine and we are downgrading upfront.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
Start with one of B. Schenn or Couturier and we'll talk.
I'm not even sure they'd move him for Couturier+. I probably wouldn't TBH.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin27 View Post
Cobourn, Read for Ryan, Sbisa.

Flyers get their man Ryan and some puck moving in the backline as needed.
Ducks get a steadier defence to match their offences long term capabilities of competing, along with getting a nice complimentary player on a very good salary, especially needed for their cap structure.

What do you think as a basis? Does picks or anything need to be added to balance it out?
First off your taking on more Salary then your getting rid of Cobourn/Read together have a cap hit of $5.4 Million and Ryan/Sbisa have a cap hit of $7.275 Million and the Flyers only have $3.0 Million In cap space to sign 5 more players so unless you plan on Buying out Briere and Bryz that would give you around $12 million in cap space I dont see how you can do it, If your going to bring In $7 Million In salary then your going to have to shed $7 million In Salary or your screwed for next year.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Exit Dose

There's probably a good season and a 1/3rd before we consider moving Bobby, unless someone blows our socks off with their offer, of course. Sbisa's contract is too cap friendly to give up.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:50 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Not even close. The Ducks are giving up the best two assets in this trade. If we were sending Ryan to Philly it would take Couturier or B.Schenn +, and we aren't adding in Sbisa for Coburn because that makes zero sense from the Ducks perspective.
Please , Coburn is still better than Sbisa. Not saying ducks should take this deal, but it's possible Sbisa is the worst player and IMO is in this deal. Stil we'd need to add because value isn't right.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Please , Coburn is still better than Sbisa. Not saying ducks should take this deal, but it's possible Sbisa is the worst player and IMO is in this deal. Stil we'd need to add because value isn't right.
Asset does not equal the better player ATM. Though you could argue Sbisa will never be as good as Coburn.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:11 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Ducks have no need to move Ryan for another two years. Why do we do this? Downgrading like crazy.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:42 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Read the whole thread there champ. I already clarified that I said the Ducks were giving up the two best assets, not the two best players. I realize Coburn is a better player right now, but Sbisa is a more valuable asset when you consider age, contract and potential.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:48 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Read the whole thread there champ. I already clarified that I said the Ducks were giving up the two best assets, not the two best players. I realize Coburn is a better player right now, but Sbisa is a more valuable asset when you consider age, contract and potential.
Sbisa, who is projected to be a top 4 defenseman (mostly defensive type), is more valuable than a larger, 29 year old, cost controlled (only $4.5M, not expensive), top pair defenseman?

I'm not sure there's a single thing Sbisa does that's better currently, much less projects to. Coburn is bigger, more physical, a better skater, and is solid defensively. The only thing that MIGHT happen is if he develops more of an offensive game, but I haven't really seen that side of him much.

Prospect rating is sad. Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer wins a prize and has the option of selecting the mystery prize or a sailboat (where he really wants a sailboat), and selects the mystery prize.

Sbisa is neither the better player nor the better asset here.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:53 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjpd View Post
Sbisa, who is projected to be a top 4 defenseman (mostly defensive type), is more valuable than a larger, 29 year old, cost controlled (only $4.5M, not expensive), top pair defenseman?

I'm not sure there's a single thing Sbisa does that's better currently, much less projects to. Coburn is bigger, more physical, a better skater, and is solid defensively. The only thing that MIGHT happen is if he develops more of an offensive game, but I haven't really seen that side of him much.

Prospect rating is sad. Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer wins a prize and has the option of selecting the mystery prize or a sailboat (where he really wants a sailboat), and selects the mystery prize.

Sbisa is neither the better player nor the better asset here.
Well you're wrong, but okay. Coburn is not cost controlled at 4.5 million a year. We may have to trade Hiller just to get rid of that kind of money. Our blueline is set. Sbisa has all the potential to be just as good or end up close enough to justify the savings we'd be getting.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:04 PM
DrHamburg

What would it take to get Sbisa and Hiller from the Flyers?

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
What would it take to get Sbisa and Hiller from the Flyers?
Why Sbisa?

He's a fine young player, but he's not the kind of defenseman we need, and it wouldn't be worth the assets we'd have to give up to get him for that reason.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:10 PM
DrHamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Why Sbisa?

He's a fine young player, but he's not the kind of defenseman we need, and it wouldn't be worth the assets we'd have to give up to get him for that reason.
Well I'd Imagine if they were to trade Hiller they would want something pretty good. Sbisa would fit on the Flyers bottom pairing. Id be willing to move Meszaros, Coburn, but I'd want an NHL defensemen back for next season.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:23 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Quote:
Well I'd Imagine if they were to trade Hiller they would want something pretty good. Sbisa would fit on the Flyers bottom pairing. Id be willing to move Meszaros, Coburn, but I'd want an NHL defensemen back for next season.
If we traded Hiller it would be in the offseason and it would be a cap dump. If we traded him at all.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Force951

Quote:
Ducks don't need Dmen, so if we traded Hiller it would be for a good decent cost 2nd line center, or futures.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:29 PM
DrHamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Ducks don't need Dmen, so if we traded Hiller it would be for a good decent cost 2nd line center, or futures.
When you say a cap dump or or decent cost are you talking about cap hit or actual cost? Briere is 6.5 cap hit but only will make 3 million next season. Any interest in a deal revolving around Briere and Hiller?

Old
03-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Force951

Quote:
When you say a cap dump or or decent cost are you talking about cap hit or actual cost? Briere is 6.5 cap hit but only will make 3 million next season. Any interest in a deal revolving around Briere and Hiller?
Cap hit matters next year when the ducks will be closer to the cap. But moving forward beyond that it won't matter near as much. Also Hiller should bring back something better then Briere and his big hit.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:07 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Well you're wrong, but okay. Coburn is not cost controlled at 4.5 million a year. We may have to trade Hiller just to get rid of that kind of money. Our blueline is set. Sbisa has all the potential to be just as good or end up close enough to justify the savings we'd be getting.
I'm not 'wrong.'

Coburn is twice the defenseman Sbisa is right now, and is signed for a few more years [hence: cost controlled], at double the cost. It's not a 'lateral' move, it's a significant upgrade.

I can respect you saying it's not worth it for Anaheim to spend an additional $2.3M on a better player, but it is also contradictory for a cup run this year or in the next few.

My issue is when Sbisa was considered a more valuable asset, of which he is not. Becoming a top pair d-man is not easy, so seeing things like Sbisa > Coburn reeks of homerism.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:09 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Why Sbisa?

I agree with this. I'm ok with moving Coburn, but I'd rather package Coburn with Read to get an upgrade, or Coburn with Couts to get a stud.

I don't want to trade Coburn for another player who may be the same player in a few years. I want to trade Coburn for an entirely different kind of defenseman.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:12 PM
muckbin15
parros16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Duck View Post
If the Ducks feel they need to move Ryan in the offseason then I'd consider:

Bobby Ryan + Luca Sbisa

for

Brayden Schenn + Luke Schenn

While the Ducks have the capspace to keep Ryan, I'm not sure they want to remain so top heavy with their future salary cap.
This is a deal i definitely do as a ducks fan. Or with Lindholm/Vatanen coming up:

Ryan+Sbisa

for

Couts+Read+

These two guys can replace selanne/koivu if they decide to hang up the skates.

Keep Lovejoy as our 6-7 and if think we are in alright shape

beauch-souray
fowler-allen
vatanen/lindholm/fa-loverboy

muckbin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:25 PM
JayRosehillforMVP
snubbed again

Fowler+Ryan for Couturier+Coburn+1st(likely top ten)

JayRosehillforMVP is offline   Reply With Quote