HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phi- Ana

Old
03-19-2013, 03:29 PM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers7 View Post
Fowler+Ryan for Couturier+Coburn+1st(likely top ten)
Fowler isn't for sale.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Force951

Quote:
Lol Ryan+Fowler would be closer to Giroux then what you have in that package.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 75
Quote:
Fowler is strictly off limits.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:36 PM
JayRosehillforMVP
snubbed again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Lol Ryan+Fowler would be closer to Giroux then what you have in that package.
Looking back at my proposal I'd add some but c'mon... Giroux ?

JayRosehillforMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Looking back at my proposal I'd add some but c'mon... Giroux ?
For Ryan and Fowler? Yes, that is probably around the value Anaheim would expect. You just asked for two of Anaheim's most valuable players. Obviously, that doesn't work for the Flyers, but the kind of value you're asking for is pretty massive.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:39 PM
JayRosehillforMVP
snubbed again

What are Anaheims needs for a cup run? Anything realistic from PHI that you'd give Etem for?

JayRosehillforMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Jack de la Hoya

The only somewhat viable option between these two teams at this point is some sort of futures package for Briere, IMO. Mezsaros could be had as well, but judging from Ducks' fans comments, D isn't a position of need.

The Flyers aren't getting Ryan (not today anyway ), Fowler, or Sbisa, and the Ducks aren't getting Couturier, Schenn, Coburn, etc.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Anaheim would probably be interested in one of Couturier or B. Schenn.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Fowler is strictly off limits.
Quote:
Anaheim would probably be interested in one of Couturier or B. Schenn.
Does not compute.

1. B. Schenn will not be traded unless L. Schenn is also traded, and frankly, I think both are basically untouchable pieces going forward--not so much because their individual value is that level, but because combined they would return a piece that no team is going to give up.

2. Couturier could be moved in the future for an defenseman--either an established prime-aged top-pairing guy or a similarly aged, similarly developed defenseman with a strong offensive game. I'm not sure whether Fowler is the guy, but I can't see any other plausible scenario in which the Ducks could acquire Couturier, so if Fowler is strictly off-limits, then I think it is fair to say Couturier is as well.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:48 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjpd View Post
I'm not 'wrong.'

Coburn is twice the defenseman Sbisa is right now, and is signed for a few more years [hence: cost controlled], at double the cost. It's not a 'lateral' move, it's a significant upgrade.

I can respect you saying it's not worth it for Anaheim to spend an additional $2.3M on a better player, but it is also contradictory for a cup run this year or in the next few.

My issue is when Sbisa was considered a more valuable asset, of which he is not. Becoming a top pair d-man is not easy, so seeing things like Sbisa > Coburn reeks of homerism.

Coburn has been on the ice for 30 goals against @ 5 on 5 one of the worst in the league, infact teams score twice as many goals against the flyers, than they give up with Coburn ON the ice.

Sbisa had a terrible start, but has turned it around. either Coburn is playing in a role over his head, or he's not nearly as good as you're saying

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:51 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post

Coburn has been on the ice for 30 goals against @ 5 on 5 one of the worst in the league, infact teams score twice as many goals against the flyers, than they give up with Coburn ON the ice.

Sbisa had a terrible start, but has turned it around. either Coburn is playing in a role over his head, or he's not nearly as good as you're saying
Yes, Sbisa has had a terrible start - but why don't I use that start to judge how he will be at all times? Because that's what you just did - Coburn's last 30 games apparently define his career.

Stop stat-picking. Nobody on the Flyers is exactly having a great year, and cherry-picking these isn't exactly a body of proof.

Coburn, at this point, is a far better defenseman than Sbisa. I'm not even sure how you're trying to argue otherwise.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Does not compute.

1. B. Schenn will not be traded unless L. Schenn is also traded, and frankly, I think both are basically untouchable pieces going forward--not so much because their individual value is that level, but because combined they would return a piece that no team is going to give up.

2. Couturier could be moved in the future for an defenseman--either an established prime-aged top-pairing guy or a similarly aged, similarly developed defenseman with a strong offensive game. I'm not sure whether Fowler is the guy, but I can't see any other plausible scenario in which the Ducks could acquire Couturier, so if Fowler is strictly off-limits, then I think it is fair to say Couturier is as well.
The question was asked what Anaheim's needs were. I was just answering. I don't really believe Philly would be willing to move either.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

And Coburn is better than Sbisa.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:01 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjpd View Post
Yes, Sbisa has had a terrible start - but why don't I use that start to judge how he will be at all times? Because that's what you just did - Coburn's last 30 games apparently define his career.

Stop stat-picking. Nobody on the Flyers is exactly having a great year, and cherry-picking these isn't exactly a body of proof.

Coburn, at this point, is a far better defenseman than Sbisa. I'm not even sure how you're trying to argue otherwise.
the gap between someone who should be a 3rd defensemen, and someone who should be a 4th is not very wide at all. teams score alot of goals vs Coburn 5 on 5, they did last year as well

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
The question was asked what Anaheim's needs were. I was just answering. I don't really believe Philly would be willing to move either.
He was also asking for Etem, which is not a good idea.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote