HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game thread: Bruins @ Red Wings, 9/24 (preseason)

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 06:17 PM
usmhuskies

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to usmhuskies Send a message via Yahoo to usmhuskies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonfreak
some of u guys have no hope for potvan, i just want to say rember The egals first year in .T? started off very crappy* the fans booed him off the ice, and about 5 games later they were in love with the guy.... mabe the same thing can happen in Boston

There is only 1 Problem: Belfour is 10 times the goalie Potvin is....

Old
09-24-2003, 06:31 PM
nhlbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
Who took the night off, Murray and Axelsson?
apparantly the whole team took the night off.

Old
09-25-2003, 03:32 AM
bb74

God, what a blowout!

Nothing like developing some confidence in the goalie! If they didin't trust Shields, imagine what they are saying about Potvin now (the players ... not to mention the staff.)

I'm sure Potvin wants to do well and can pick up his game but he needs to do it sooner than later if they want to introduce an aggressive backcheck - the D needs to trust the Goalie on the easy saves to be successful with this system...

In any case, a pretty disappointing result but again - only pre-season - so not such a big deal (more a confidence buster than anything else...)

Anyonye see how Thornton did against Hatcher? Hasek on his game or just all perimeter shots? Sinovjev??? Bad penalty early-on that set the tone but how did he play otherwise?

Old
09-25-2003, 05:39 AM
petrobruin

What i saw at the red wings game

Boston came into the game real flat.

Joe, Knuble,and Hilbert made up the first line and played awfull.I was totally not impressed with Hilbert for a guy trying to make a team, he showed nothing on offense or defense and looked a little lost out there trying to figure out how to get out of anyones way.I know its his first game back and it showed.Joe looked uninterested out there.Knuble played ok,what you see is what you get.

Sammy, Zino , and Huml made up the second line.Zino actually impressed me .Good stickhandler,defense was sound didn't shy away from the boards.He did get the first penalty of the game by following his check all the way back to the post on his back check and then cross checked him from behind into the boards.Penalty yes,but i liked the enthusiasm.
Huml was invisible.
Sammy was ok but it seemed like the line had no chemistry.

Danato,Samuelson,Burgeron,no chemistry again on this line,but if you go back and check the score i guess that goes without saying.I liked what i saw from Burgeron not as fast as Zino but skates o.k.,Came back to help defensively ,didn,t look out of place.
Sammy2 looks like a water bug out there,Great skater .I know its early but he looks like a good 3rd line checker type in the Axelson mold.Just needs to pick up on the speed of the game .

Vernarsky,Grosek,Mccarthy made up the 4th line.Bootland tried to get sandy going,took a shot from Sandy than ran,Sandy got a penalty.Grosek than had a chat with the detroit rookie about being a man but the linesman intervened.Vernarsky skates well for a big man but has stone hands.Tab him as a good 4th liner.

Jurcina and Gill played together and looked good.Wow talk about size.
Mcgillis and Jillson played together ,looked awful ,
indecision in the defensive zone ,bad first passes,not one highlight.
This scares the s**t out of me.
Kutlak and Moran played together and Moran played awful.Kutlak looked steady.

Potvin flat out sucked giving up 2 huge rebounds for goals.BAd,BAd :mad:

Raycroft looked good ,I think he is a keeper.Looked like he was following the play better than Potvin

I know that the bruins had only a few nhlers up front but the Detroit rookies ,Williams especially made the most of each shift .This guy is a player the Bruins pro scouts should be watching.Should he become available,Get him.

The bruins were out classed,out skated and were taken to school by a much better hockey club.

I hope our goaltending and defence sharpen up.

Petr

Old
09-25-2003, 05:57 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
thanks for the first hand report petro..

question ...how did Zino or Bergeron look on face-offs...?

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
09-25-2003, 06:21 AM
petrobruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
thanks for the first hand report petro..

question ...how did Zino or Bergeron look on face-offs...?

OK I would probably say at least 50% considering my buddy on the wings was 3wins 6 losses.

I know the b's sure could use a faceoff man.

Needless to say i took a ribbing from my buddy ,and i just didn't have a single comeback.At least he had a great game.

Petr

Old
09-25-2003, 06:36 AM
misterjaggers

Excellent job on the much-needed game report (or should we call it post-mortem?)

Obviously Sully wants to look at the rookies because there's another cut coming...

Jilson's play sounds worrisome...

They need to park Potvin in front of one of those Boni puck-shooting machines for the next couple weeks...he needs to see rubber.

The stats say Bergeron won the majority of his faceoffs; Zino lost the first nine and won the last two...

Old
09-25-2003, 07:36 AM
petrobruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
Excellent job on the much-needed game report (or should we call it post-mortem?)

Obviously Sully wants to look at the rookies because there's another cut coming...

Jilson's play sounds worrisome...

They need to park Potvin in front of one of those Boni puck-shooting machines for the next couple weeks...he needs to see rubber.

The stats say Bergeron won the majority of his faceoffs; Zino lost the first nine and won the last two...

He honestly looked lost,i dont think pairing him with Mcgillis is a good idea
I hope he gets better

I liked what i saw from Zino and Bergeron.I didn,t like what i saw from Hilbert

Petr
Petr

Old
09-25-2003, 07:59 AM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrobruin
He honestly looked lost,i dont think pairing him with Mcgillis is a good idea
I hope he gets better

I liked what i saw from Zino and Bergeron.I didn,t like what i saw from Hilbert

Petr
Petr
That's odd, I would have thought McGillis and Jillson would be solid. I guess when Boynton comes back, he and McGillis will be the number 1 pair.

Old
09-25-2003, 09:20 AM
Coffey77

Hey PetroBruin, how did the Young Wings (sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it?) look?

Like Hudler, Williams, Barnes and Bootland? Looks like both kids will make the team. Williams would have to clear waivers if sent down and Holland says he would lose him if that happened. So he's pretty much a Wing. Hudler has 3 goals so far so he looks like he might make it. Wings could use some size up front to go with that skill.

Barnes had 3 points?? You know you have had a bad night when that guy gets 3 helpers.

Thanks.

Old
09-25-2003, 09:58 AM
petrobruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffey77
Hey PetroBruin, how did the Young Wings (sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it?) look?

Like Hudler, Williams, Barnes and Bootland? Looks like both kids will make the team. Williams would have to clear waivers if sent down and Holland says he would lose him if that happened. So he's pretty much a Wing. Hudler has 3 goals so far so he looks like he might make it. Wings could use some size up front to go with that skill.

Barnes had 3 points?? You know you have had a bad night when that guy gets 3 helpers.

Thanks.
I really like what i saw from Williams last night ,He finished all his checks ,even had the balls to hammer Gill in the corner on the forecheck.

I like him becuase he can create chances when he carries the puck and he's an amazing skater so he forechecks great passes and shots great.

Huddler needs a year in the minors 2 of his 3 goals so far have been open netters and i could have scored them.But i think he's a keeper if he can stand up to the physical part of the game.He disappeared last night after a hit.

Bootland pissed me off ,he's a coward

Petr

Closed Thread