HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mtl-buf & mtl-sj

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-19-2013, 02:37 PM
  #1
Price4Prez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Mtl-buf & mtl-sj

To Montreal:

J.Pominville
S.Ott


To Buffalo:

T.Moen
R.Diaz
1st pick 2013


To Montreal:

R.Clowe
D.Murray


To San Jose:

M.Ryder
Y.Weber
2nd pick 2013

So in the first trade, Habs get a top 6 forward in Pominville who can compliment Patches and Desharnias well, and some grit, and muscle in Ott. Buffalo gets back a top 4 offensive (although also good defensively) dman which they need on the back end, Moen can replace some of Otts gritiness, with a bit more offense. And Buffalo gets a 1st round pick in this years deep draft.

In the second trade, Montreal gets a struggling powerforward in Clowe, and a mobile gritty defender in Murray, both who are not playing very well this year in SJ, and UFA after this season, but will compliment the team well for the playoffs and perhaps the future. San Jose gets back a scoring top 6 forward in M.Ryder, who is playing very well this year and can give more punch to the offense than Clowe can. They get Y.Weber who can play a 6 or 7 spot with some potential for a pp qb, and a 2nd round pick in this years draft.

For Hab fans, Habs can ice something like this:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Patches-Desharnais-Pominville
Gallagher-Eller-Clowe
Prust-Galchenyuk-Ott

Markov-Emelin
Subban-Gorges
Murray-Bouillon

Thoughts???

Price4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:38 PM
  #2
Zeroknowledge*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Facing a PC
Posts: 1,644
vCash: 500
No way Buffalo does the first deal, no way.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:42 PM
  #3
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 20,611
vCash: 1040
Uhg, no.

We are looking for picks, prospects, and young players. That's it. We woudn't even be able to ice Weber (we have a better d-man benched right now because we have no room). And Ryder? really? uhg

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:42 PM
  #4
Price4Prez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
No way Buffalo does the first deal, no way.
Why? You think Buffalo can get more then a top 4 d and a 1st in this years draft??

Price4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:43 PM
  #5
Juxtaposer
Timmy Wongels
 
Juxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 35,942
vCash: 50
Don't want Weber, don't want Ryder. Make it Calgary's 2nd and it's a done deal as far as I'm concerned.

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:45 PM
  #6
Price4Prez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Uhg, no.

We are looking for picks, prospects, and young players. That's it. We woudn't even be able to ice Weber (we have a better d-man benched right now because we have no room). And Ryder? really? uhg
He would be tied for second most points in your team. Whats your point? Im only offering Ryder because we have to many top 6s, and need more grit. Ryders offense will be alot more useful to you then Clowe right now....

Price4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:45 PM
  #7
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
 
DuckEatinShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 6,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price4Prez View Post
To Montreal:

J.Pominville
S.Ott


To Buffalo:

T.Moen
R.Diaz
1st pick 2013


To Montreal:

R.Clowe
D.Murray


To San Jose:

M.Ryder
Y.Weber
2nd pick 2013

So in the first trade, Habs get a top 6 forward in Pominville who can compliment Patches and Desharnias well, and some grit, and muscle in Ott. Buffalo gets back a top 4 offensive (although also good defensively) dman which they need on the back end, Moen can replace some of Otts gritiness, with a bit more offense. And Buffalo gets a 1st round pick in this years deep draft.

In the second trade, Montreal gets a struggling powerforward in Clowe, and a mobile gritty defender in Murray, both who are not playing very well this year in SJ, and UFA after this season, but will compliment the team well for the playoffs and perhaps the future. San Jose gets back a scoring top 6 forward in M.Ryder, who is playing very well this year and can give more punch to the offense than Clowe can. They get Y.Weber who can play a 6 or 7 spot with some potential for a pp qb, and a 2nd round pick in this years draft.

For Hab fans, Habs can ice something like this:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Patches-Desharnais-Pominville
Gallagher-Eller-Clowe
Prust-Galchenyuk-Ott

Markov-Emelin
Subban-Gorges
Murray-Bouillon

Thoughts???
Sorry, but the bolded part is just too much

Murray has never been mobile. He's probably the slowest skater in the league.

And no to that package. Not impressed with Ryder and Weber is the last type of player we need.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:47 PM
  #8
Price4Prez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Don't want Weber, don't want Ryder. Make it Calgary's 2nd and it's a done deal as far as I'm concerned.
Fair enough. Personally, I think with these changes, Montreal can go far this year. So a very good second round pick, is a good price to pay.

Price4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:47 PM
  #9
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 35,953
vCash: 256
First deal maybe the 2nd one I wouldn't do it. I don't want Clowe. He has slowed down and is being overpriced. No thanks and we might have a shot at him come July(if management really wants him) instead of trading assets

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:48 PM
  #10
SlugLife978
Registered User
 
SlugLife978's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 486
vCash: 500
Buffalo gets hosed. That package wouldn't get you Pominville alone considering it's within the division, much less Ott as well.

SlugLife978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:48 PM
  #11
stokes84
Registered User
 
stokes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 14,503
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
If this were the deal the Darcy tried to sell Buffalo fans at the deadline for Pominville and Ott, the pitchforks would be out in no time. That just couldn't be much less appealing.

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:50 PM
  #12
Price4Prez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Sorry, but the bolded part is just too much

Murray has never been mobile. He's probably the slowest skater in the league.

And no to that package. Not impressed with Ryder and Weber is the last type of player we need.
After having Hal Gill on the team last year, trust me, everyone seems mobile What I dont get, is the following:
- you seem not to value Murray at all
- any SJ fan is not liking Clowe this year and trading him everywhere short of Columbus,

yet you crap on a player that could play on your first if not second line? Do explain!

Price4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:52 PM
  #13
tsujimoto74
Moderator
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 15,233
vCash: 500
Need to add a packet of lube to the Buffalo proposal. Sabres get bent over.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:52 PM
  #14
Price4Prez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
If this were the deal the Darcy tried to sell Buffalo fans at the deadline for Pominville and Ott, the pitchforks would be out in no time. That just couldn't be much less appealing.
Ok, so whats your counter offer? What exactly do Sabres' fans expect for these two players?

Price4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:53 PM
  #15
YP44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,341
vCash: 500
Terrible for everyone but MOntreal

YP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:54 PM
  #16
Price4Prez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Terrible for everyone but MOntreal
What a productive comment! Thank you for blessing us with your insight

Price4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:57 PM
  #17
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 20,611
vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price4Prez View Post
After having Hal Gill on the team last year, trust me, everyone seems mobile What I dont get, is the following:
- you seem not to value Murray at all
- any SJ fan is not liking Clowe this year and trading him everywhere short of Columbus,

yet you crap on a player that could play on your first if not second line? Do explain!
This team is not a Ryder away from anything, it's pointless. We want picks and prospects so the team can get younger and be better down the road, not right now. Ryder is the exact opposite of what we should be doing. Also, his point total is irrelevant, the Sharks system is horribly broken and he would just come here and stop scoring like the majority of our team is.

Sharks need a new coach, and need to trade older assets for youth. We are pretty much in unanimous agreement on that.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:58 PM
  #18
stokes84
Registered User
 
stokes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 14,503
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price4Prez View Post
Ok, so whats your counter offer? What exactly do Sabres' fans expect for these two players?
I'm not sure there is one for MTL, certainly not for both players. Your 1st is going to be late and Diaz and Moen are role players. Pominville is instantly your top forward and Ott will take an overpayment. It just doesn't make sense for us.

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:04 PM
  #19
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,028
vCash: 1800
To me it looks like the 1st one dramatically favours Montreal, the 2nd one looks slightly slanted in San Jose's favour. Imo Ryder > Clowe right now, and Douglas Murray isn't worth a 2nd+ at this point in his career.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:06 PM
  #20
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
 
DuckEatinShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 6,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price4Prez View Post
After having Hal Gill on the team last year, trust me, everyone seems mobile What I dont get, is the following:
- you seem not to value Murray at all
- any SJ fan is not liking Clowe this year and trading him everywhere short of Columbus,

yet you crap on a player that could play on your first if not second line? Do explain!
#1: If you've watched Murray at all, you'll know that he's been terrible all year. We have a crap-load of young 5-6 D-men (Irwin, Braun, Demers) that need ice-time. So, yes, his value is low.

#2: Clowe has been a turnover-machine. He doesn't win puck-battles anymore and many SJ fans have lost patience with him.

#3: If we are trading Clowe and/or Murray we are rebuilding, so I wouldn't trade them for a 33 year old player that isn't very good defensively and is a pending UFA.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:06 PM
  #21
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 20,611
vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
To me it looks like the 1st one dramatically favours Montreal, the 2nd one looks slightly slanted in San Jose's favour. Imo Ryder > Clowe right now, and Douglas Murray isn't worth a 2nd+ at this point in his career.
Really, as Jux said, rather just have the pick. You can keep both players, we have no use for either.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:09 PM
  #22
Natey
#feelthelove
 
Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,943
vCash: 500
So you want to do these deals to play Clowe and Ott on the 4th line? Smart.

A 4th line of Clowe-Prust-Ott would be great, no doubt.. But quite excessive, no?

Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:09 PM
  #23
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,346
vCash: 500
What would Ott and Regehr be worth?

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:09 PM
  #24
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick
 
CoachBadkitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,444
vCash: 500
Absolutely terrible for Buffalo.

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:10 PM
  #25
Nolan11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,434
vCash: 500
From the OP, Murray is IMmobile, not mobile. He is VERY SOLID and immovable, too.

Ryder is a 32 year old rental that we likely would not try to resign. You should hold on to him for a cup run this year. Weber would add to our area of strength. Without Murray, we have 7 NHL D (probably all ahead of him on our coach's depth chart). Weber adds little value to your proposal from Sharks POV. Sharks need Top 9 forward prospects or tweeners with wheels, and picks.

In other threads, we have discussed proposals along the following: Clowe for Kristo + 2nd that both fan bases had some interest in. If you want Clowe and Murray, I would ask for Kristo or LeBlanc, Calgary's 2nd and a conditional 2nd (Clowe signs an extension with you). This would allow you to maintain your current roster that has been doing so well, so far, while also meeting sharks future needs

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.