HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prison Break: Jake Gardiner Freed

Old
03-19-2013, 04:03 PM
daveleaf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
You are so wrong, I was right about Kadri all along, backed him and predicted good things for him even when he was down. Not sure where you got that I ever bashed Kadri when infact I was one of his biggest believers here.
I stand corrected but it seems like you always have a negative view of players, just my opinion.

Jake is not Orr, Bourque or Coffey but he is a hell of a young player and definitely better than some of the players on this team-he should be on the team.

Time for RC to grow some balls and maybe change his view of how he pairs guys and deals with what he has. No point of having a strict viewpoint of having right handed guy on right and left on left of the organizational depth cannot sustain it.

Not Jakes fault he got his bell rung. There is as much blame on the goalie for not communicating who was coming down his weak side and his other partner.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:03 PM
biscuits15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
He never has, he's a shooter.
I am saying that the puck in on Phaneufs stick too often on the PP....He should be hammering shots on net yes, but not alllllll the time. Definately not trying to force it through shin pads...and I think Gardiners ability to dish the puck will benefit the PP.

biscuits15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:04 PM
The Winter Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangreale View Post
No you don't. You tell it like you think it is. And you are wrong as much as anyone is on these boards.

Not everyone here thinks he is a saviour. Most think he is an uprgrade on what Leafs have up here. Some like myself hope his puck moving ability will cause teams not to be as aggressive on the forecheck as they have been.
He isn't the savior? Could have fooled me reading the posts here of late.

The Winter Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:04 PM
ACC1224
Working too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits15 View Post
I am saying that the puck in on Phaneufs stick too often on the PP....He should be hammering shots on net yes, but not alllllll the time. Definately not trying to force it through shin pads...and I think Gardiners ability to dish the puck will benefit the PP.
Agreed, he will help the PP.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Eb
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif16 View Post
Thank God. Gardiner is free at last.

Next Move: Sit Gunnarson for Komisarek. Then ill be a happy man. Too bad it wont happen though. So im a sad man
I would like this.

Eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:07 PM
The Lollipop King
4th Line = all heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
gardiner and kostka played well on the marlies together. i suspect kostka will look much better having someone who can move the puck for him. kostka just needs to play defense and chip it to gardiner to get the puck out. a much easier task then trying to deal with one of our other defenseman who handle the puck like a grenade.
Kostka's strength is moving the puck... he is very poised out there. Not sure if you have watched any games?

On another note its good to see Gardiner called back up, hopefully he gained some confidence and improved his game while down with the Marlies. I am not sure why so many people were furious with him developing him game, look how it worked for Kadri.

The leafs have some of the stupidest and most impatient fans I have ever seen.

The Lollipop King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:08 PM
The Winter Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post
I stand corrected but it seems like you always have a negative view of players, just my opinion.

Jake is not Orr, Bourque or Coffey but he is a hell of a young player and definitely better than some of the players on this team-he should be on the team.

Time for RC to grow some balls and maybe change his view of how he pairs guys and deals with what he has. No point of having a strict viewpoint of having right handed guy on right and left on left of the organizational depth cannot sustain it.

Not Jakes fault he got his bell rung. There is as much blame on the goalie for not communicating who was coming down his weak side and his other partner.
I tell it the way I see it, if I get flamed, I get flamed. But I do know I am more right vastly more then I am wrong.

On Kadri, all I said was he needed time and to be put back to his Center position, the kid has too much character and talent to be a bust, I thought all that crap was so unnecessary when it happened, and like then when it was not popular either I defended him. It's good to see fans change their opinions on him this year, even though were negative and said he had never scored 51 points in the NHL before, have changed their tune.

The Winter Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:08 PM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbiness View Post
I swear Gunnar turned the puck over in the neutral zone line 3-4 times last game because he was skating so slow out of the zone. WPG's forecheckers kept stripping him of the puck and Gunnar did not learn his lesson, was ridiculous.
And a few games before that everyone was praising his outlet passes from his own end. A few games later and all of a sudden trade and bench guys. Maybe fans should realize that the whole back end is playing out of position, maybe not to their full strengths. Maybe forwards are not forechecking as efficiently as a few weeks ago and giving up the puck in the neutral zone too often. Maybe you have a centre skating around the net twice and then turning over the puck.

Want to lay blame? Lay it on the whole team because it is a team. Win as a team and loose as a team.

If everyone steps up maybe they can win a few in a row.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Lebanese Leaf

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Phaneuf-Franson

Lupul-Kadri-Grabo/Frattin
Gardiner-Liles

Two amazing PP units.

Lebanese Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:10 PM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I tell it the way I see it, if I get flamed, I get flamed. But I do know I am more right vastly more then I am wrong.

On Kadri, all I said was he needed time and to be put back to his Center position, the kid has too much character and talent to be a bust, I thought all that crap was so unnecessary when it happened, and like then when it was not popular either I defended him. It's good to see fans change their opinions on him this year, even though were negative and said he had never scored 51 points in the NHL before, have changed their tune.
Been watching him since junior, always thought he had the makeup to be a good nhl'er. Hunter's don't produce crap.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:12 PM
shibbiness

Quote:
And a few games before that everyone was praising his outlet passes from his own end. A few games later and all of a sudden trade and bench guys. Maybe fans should realize that the whole back end is playing out of position, maybe not to their full strengths. Maybe forwards are not forechecking as efficiently as a few weeks ago and giving up the puck in the neutral zone too often. Maybe you have a centre skating around the net twice and then turning over the puck.

Want to lay blame? Lay it on the whole team because it is a team. Win as a team and loose as a team.

If everyone steps up maybe they can win a few in a row.
Was not blaming Gunnar for the loss, saw a few posts above mentioning playing Gunnar with Phaneuf and pointed out an observation.

One thing I can tell you is I agree completely with the people saying that Komi deserves another shot, especially if Gunnar continues to play like this. We will see tomorrow/thursday I suppose.

shibbiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:12 PM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Phaneuf-Franson

Lupul-Kadri-Grabo/Frattin
Gardiner-Liles

Two amazing PP units.
Franson needs to be on that PP. He is too good of a player not to be out there. His shot has a way of finding the net.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:16 PM
daveleaf

How long has this team had to find a partner for Dion? Schenn, Aulie, Beauchemin, Gunnar on and on.

Time for Dion to step up and be the player he thinks he is. Top d-men make their partner better not they need their partner to cover all their own mistakes. I'm tired of hearing this. We need a top 4 d man to man the second unit, not to save Dion's ***. Sick and tired of hearing this.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Joey Hoser

Quote:
How long has this team had to find a partner for Dion? Schenn, Aulie, Beauchemin, Gunnar on and on.

Time for Dion to step up and be the player he thinks he is. Top d-men make their partner better not they need their partner to cover all their own mistakes. I'm tired of hearing this. We need a top 4 d man to man the second unit, not to save Dion's ***. Sick and tired of hearing this.
So he should continue to play with Kostka or Holzer and make them into first pairing defencemen? That's what you are saying?

Man, I'm pretty disappointed with Phaneuf too, but get ****in' real.

Joey Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:18 PM
MapleLeafs9
We're almost ready.

vCash: 50
Omg FINALLY! Holzer down as well. Perfect

MapleLeafs9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Poochie the Dog
Always recycle!

Poochie the Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:23 PM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
So he should continue to play with Kostka or Holzer and make them into first pairing defencemen? That's what you are saying?

Man, I'm pretty disappointed with Phaneuf too, but get ****in' real.
No. He needs to get better. This is nothing new, this go back to Calgary. Apparently on this board Franson when we picked him up was a load of crap and the only reason he was decent was because his partner in Nashville made him look so good. Point is, Dion needs to step up his game and people need to stop making excuses for him, this is going on some four years now, here and in Calgary.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

So I guess we have all learned that it takes roughly 2 weeks for our complaints as fans to reach the top. Meaning that if we want something done before the trade deadline we have till tomorrow to complain about it or it may be too late.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Joey Hoser

Quote:
No. He needs to get better. This is nothing new, this go back to Calgary. Apparently on this board Franson when we picked him up was a load of crap and the only reason he was decent was because his partner in Nashville made him look so good. Point is, Dion needs to step up his game and people need to stop making excuses for him, this is going on some four years now, here and in Calgary.
Ummm... weren't we talking about Phaneuf? What does Franson have to do with this?

Joey Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:29 PM
SteveV*

People who brag about how they are usually right are actually mostly wrong and terribly insecure. Just a general observation, not directed towards anyone .

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:30 PM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
Ummm... weren't we talking about Phaneuf? What does Franson have to do with this?
Point is Dion, if he wants to be the captain, face of the franchise he needs to be better. This has been going on since Calgary where it seems every few months we need to find him a new partner. Dion needs to step up, be a rock and cover up others mistakes, not the other way around. There is nothing perfect in the NHL or on this team. Great players make everyone around them better, yet in Leaf land we keep making excuses that Dion needs a better partner. Time for Dion to step up and be a better player, he's not a kid anymore.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:30 PM
TML23

Maybe Carlyle and Nonis reads HF forums to get some advice on their line changes

Glad to hear that Gardiner is finally playing over Holtzer. He should have been up here a long time ago

TML23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:32 PM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
People who brag about how they are usually right are actually mostly wrong and terribly insecure. Just a general observation, not directed towards anyone .
You should because statements with context have more substance. Anyone can throw any general statement out there. Sounds like something Miller in Buffalo would say.

Old
p.l.f.
use the force

i go out for a few hours, come back and all this **** is happenin

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zeke
#freewilly

Wouldn't be surprised to see a gardiner-kostka pairing with liles sitting.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote