HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposals and Rumors 2012/13 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 03:10 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTforPres2012 View Post
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/m...ek-on-waivers/

Leafs just put Komisarek, obviously I doubt Snow will make a move, but how perfect a fit would he be on the Island. An Islip kid who's a big, solid, ABLE TO PHYSICALLY MOVE, defenseman with years of experience.

Thoughts?
Komi hasn't been a solid, top 4 d-man in about 3 seasons now.
Komi at $500,000 and playing in the #7 role? Sure.
Komi at $3.5m (or even if the Leafs retain 50% of that salary) ? No thanks.

Isles already have Carkner signed for 2 more seasons at $1.5m.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:12 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMputt View Post
West Islip kid. He's been in to my business here in Babylon and he is a really cool guy. I would love for him to be an Islander!
No ragging on you, but shouldn't his actual play on the ice the last 3 yrs, his salary and the role he'd play on the team be the deciding factors?

Do we really care that he's a LI kid or that he's really cool?

Old
03-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI JT91 View Post
I'd honestly rather see Hamonic sit a few games and bring in MK. Then just go from there.
You just paid Komisarek $6m+ to sit Hamonic a few games and create competition? Good lord. I'm sorry, but that strikes me as crazy.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:20 PM
NYI JT91
(Islesallday)

vCash: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
You just paid Komisarek $6m+ to sit Hamonic a few games and create competition? Good lord. I'm sorry, but that strikes me as crazy.
I don't think so, who cares about the money...wang has it, So thats a dead issue to me...this team is having trouble competing so lets make them compete.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Koobs11
aka Back door Johnny

Send a message via AIM to Koobs11
Yes take him, we are already paying Thomas and all that BS he is a NHL Dman, Finley is barely at this point we need a physical dman out there

Old
03-20-2013, 03:27 PM
7:11 of OT
Call my Monkey Butch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koobs11 View Post
Yes take him, we are already paying Thomas and all that BS he is a NHL Dman, Finley is barely at this point we need a physical dman out there
Thomas is suspended and not getting paid. The Isles are using his cap hit only. No way Wang picks up Komi at his salary and with another year on the contract. Besides that, he has not been a serious D strength for a couple of years. Even though he might be an upgrade over Finley and Hickey (due to his size only), I really don't see the Isles picking him up.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koobs11 View Post
Tim Thomas isn't getting a penny from the Islanders.

Quote:
This guy has been done for years, and his salary is prohibitive.
This... So this.. Has anyone actually watched Komi play the last couple years? He is way done and no way Wang takes on that kind of salary.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:32 PM
kasper11

Quote:
I don't think so, who cares about the money...wang has it, So thats a dead issue to me...this team is having trouble competing so lets make them compete.
Wang has it, but he isn't going to spend it. There is a budget in place. Everyone in the world knows that. So why waste what little the team can spend on someone who is just flat out not a good hockey player?

Old
03-20-2013, 03:57 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
No ragging on you, but shouldn't his actual play on the ice the last 3 yrs, his salary and the role he'd play on the team be the deciding factors?

Do we really care that he's a LI kid or that he's really cool?
I don't care where he is from I was just correcting the guy who wrote he was a Islip guy (he is from West Islip). And I do not want him on the team because he is a good customer or nice guy, I think he could help the team. In my eye's Martinek is done and even if he does have a good game here or there he is redundant and allergic to contact(plus he is gone in 20 games anyway). Don't think Strait or Carkner make it back in time to help for the playoff push. Islanders have few NHL ready crease clearing D-men and when they are ready Komi's contract is up.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:58 PM
CDirt

Quote:
This guy has been done for years, and his salary is prohibitive.
He's been "done" since signing in Toronto. At 31 years of age I'd say he still has some years of productive hockey left. I'd snag em up and place Carkner on waivers. Huge improvement in that department.

Plus there's the possibility of Vis and Streit moving else where. For this team the gamble is worth it. Especially with the possibility looming of opening next season with no Vets on D.

His numbers are down in Toronto but that's true of most of the Dmen they've signed over the years. Shockingly enough, Luke Schenn, on a piss poor Flyers team, seems to be playing a little better.

Old
03-20-2013, 04:15 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I don't care where he is from I was just correcting the guy who wrote he was a Islip guy (he is from West Islip). And I do not want him on the team because he is a good customer or nice guy, I think he could help the team. In my eye's Martinek is done and even if he does have a good game here or there he is redundant and allergic to contact(plus he is gone in 20 games anyway). Don't think Strait or Carkner make it back in time to help for the playoff push. Islanders have few NHL ready crease clearing D-men and when they are ready Komi's contract is up.
Martinek's making $600,000+ and is a ufa in July 2013. He was a low risk move.

Komi is making $4.5m this season, due $3.5m next season. He hasn't been good enough to play in the top 4 in the last 3 seasons. Unless Komi is bought out and signs dirt cheap for Martinek type money and a 3rd pairing role, I want no part of Komi.

And Carkner is reportedly skating with the team again.
http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.h...mpid=rss-betts

Old
03-20-2013, 04:17 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDirt View Post
He's been "done" since signing in Toronto. At 31 years of age I'd say he still has some years of productive hockey left. I'd snag em up and place Carkner on waivers. Huge improvement in that department.

Plus there's the possibility of Vis and Streit moving else where. For this team the gamble is worth it. Especially with the possibility looming of opening next season with no Vets on D.

His numbers are down in Toronto but that's true of most of the Dmen they've signed over the years. Shockingly enough, Luke Schenn, on a piss poor Flyers team, seems to be playing a little better.
It's not Komi's numbers, but his lumbering skating and poor decision making that had him demoted to the 3rd pairing the last few yrs.

Old
03-20-2013, 04:32 PM
NYI JT91
(Islesallday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Wang has it, but he isn't going to spend it. There is a budget in place. Everyone in the world knows that. So why waste what little the team can spend on someone who is just flat out not a good hockey player?
Yeah I get that, would just be nice to actually have an owner that try's anything to improve their team is all.

Old
03-20-2013, 05:03 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDirt View Post

No, he sucks. I watched him play. He would not be any help here.

Gentlemen, this club needs to improve. Enough digging through people's outhouses for edible nuggets.

Old
03-20-2013, 05:11 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
West Islip kid. He's been in to my business here in Babylon and he is a really cool guy. I would love for him to be an Islander!
the fact that he is no longer an nhl talent doesn't bother you, though?

Old
03-20-2013, 05:23 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
the fact that he is no longer an nhl talent doesn't bother you, though?
I do not want Komisarek on the Isles. The only times I've noticed him in the last several years is when he continues to foolishly engage Lucic and gets his ass kicked every time.

Old
03-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Yeah I get that, would just be nice to actually have an owner that try's anything to improve their team is all.
Agreed. But, Komisarek is not something that would improve the team. You already have defensemen sitting. It would just be adding another piece without really accomplishing anything productive.

Quote:
At 31 years of age I'd say he still has some years of productive hockey left. I'd snag em up and place Carkner on waivers. Huge improvement in that department.
Carkner is injured. And, I find it hard to believe that Komisarek represents a "huge" improvement over anything.

Old
03-20-2013, 05:54 PM
Sparksrus3

Let's pick him up if for no other reason than to listen to Butchie destroy his name 3 nights a week

Old
03-20-2013, 06:07 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
No, he sucks. I watched him play. He would not be any help here.

Gentlemen, this club needs to improve. Enough digging through people's outhouses for edible nuggets.
Gross

Old
03-20-2013, 06:40 PM
NYI JT91
(Islesallday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksrus3 View Post
Let's pick him up if for no other reason than to listen to Butchie destroy his name 3 nights a week

Old
03-20-2013, 06:54 PM
13th Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksrus3 View Post
We need a lineup like MacDonald, McDonagh, McDonald, McDonnell, McDowell so I can watch Butchie's head explode.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:03 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Gross
My analogy, or someone actually suggesting picking up Mike Komisarek?

Old
03-20-2013, 07:04 PM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Ben Bishop

I have read it will take a 2nd rounder and a prospect to get him. We know they are losing Dmen by the minute but does that mean the prospect will have to be a dman? Do you think they would take Ullstrom and our 2nd and if so would you do it to land Bishop.
Thoughts?

Old
03-20-2013, 07:09 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
My analogy, or someone actually suggesting picking up Mike Komisarek?
Your analogy.

Although come to think of it, paying a 3rd pairing d-man $3.5m of the isles limited budget, is also gross.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
I have read it will take a 2nd rounder and a prospect to get him. We know they are losing Dmen by the minute but does that mean the prospect will have to be a dman? Do you think they would take Ullstrom and our 2nd and if so would you do it to land Bishop.
Thoughts?
To begin, we don't have a 2nd this summer. It was traded for Visnovsky.

Closed Thread