HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Trade Proposals and Rumors 2012/13 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 07:15 PM
leaponover

vCash: 500
Redden > Komisarek....

Old
03-20-2013, 07:17 PM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
To begin, we don't have a 2nd this summer. It was traded for Visnovsky.
How about a 3rd and Ullstrom? Do you think would make it?

How about Streit and a 3rd? I know they said "prospect" but they are going to need help on D now.

03-21-2013, 07:39 AM
duster19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
How about a 3rd and Ullstrom? Do you think would make it?

How about Streit and a 3rd? I know they said "prospect" but they are going to need help on D now.
I think they would have interest in a D and possibly Boyes. Michalek is done for the season, I think.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:40 AM
stranger34

As much as I would like to bring in Bishop, where would he fit in the Isles Goaltending scheme? Does it mean they give up on Poulin/Nilsson? Does it mean they buy out Rickity? Does it mean they don't resign Nabby?

Old
03-21-2013, 08:53 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Yeah, not really sure why people want Bishop. If Garth really wants to find a starting goaltender, I would hope it's someone better than Bishop.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:57 AM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Yeah, not really sure why people want Bishop. If Garth really wants to find a starting goaltender, I would hope it's someone better than Bishop.
Agreed. The only relatively unproven goalie I would want is Bernier. Other than him, I want a proven NHL starter.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:05 AM
CaptDenisPotvin

One question....Would the Kings actually trade Quick with the way Bernier is playing in his limited role? Their return would be much higher IMO and they may actually improve between the pipes also....Definately wouldn't have thought that would be even a question after last years preformance by Quick.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:17 AM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

vCash: 50
Quick has a cup. If they trade him and never win a cup in Bernier's tenure, the fans would be calling for Lombardi's head.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:34 AM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

The way this team gives up leads shows they are not ready to be a playoff team no matter where they are in the standings after tonight. If I'm Garth, I get one of Vis or Striet resigned and trade whoever hasn't signed the dotted line by the trade deadline. This allows Donovan to get an extended look. Get rid of Reasoner and give a guy like Sundstrom a look. He's put together a nice rookie season in Bridgeport this year and has gotten fourth line minutes in Sweden so this isn't wouldn't be out of the norm. Also, I can't see this team going into next season without Nabby even with a lot of goalies scheduled to become UFAs and young guys on the market. Nabby, when properly rested, has played great in goal. It wouldn't shock me either to see Boyes resigned. This team has no shot at getting the Hortons and Ryders of UFA.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:36 AM
Macch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post
One question....Would the Kings actually trade Quick with the way Bernier is playing in his limited role? Their return would be much higher IMO and they may actually improve between the pipes also....Definately wouldn't have thought that would be even a question after last years preformance by Quick.

They're just gave Quick a huge deal. He isn't going anywhere. I think what you're seeing with the Kings is a team thats banged up and that got really hot at the right time last season.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:00 AM
LAIslanderFan

Quick isn't going anywhere. Bernier will certainly be moved. One of the rumors is that the Kings are interested in Iginla.

Do you think we could get Subban for Moulson?

Old
03-21-2013, 11:03 AM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

Not a chance, Subban is the present and future of the Habs defense. If you want Subban, you'll have to start with Hamonic and add.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:10 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Subban is going to cost a HUGE amount.. If they were going to trade him it would have been while he was holding out me thinks

Old
03-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Thankfully we did not claim anyone today:

Quote:
CAR claims Boychuk off Waivers from NSH and Komisarek clears Waivers.
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...69327742124032

Old
03-21-2013, 11:53 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Agreed. The only relatively unproven goalie I would want is Bernier. Other than him, I want a proven NHL starter.
this....

Old
03-21-2013, 11:55 AM
bossy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
this....
I'd add Jake Allen to that list in a heartbeat.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:55 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
Quick isn't going anywhere. Bernier will certainly be moved. One of the rumors is that the Kings are interested in Iginla.

Moulson is somone a PPG player this year abd more balanced on the score sheet...After Tavares he really is the only other guy we can count on....

If Strome,Nino,Nelson,Kabbonov, and others become the players we hope then we could think about trading some of the gus imo....

For Now Moulson must be kept, even if he has not 2 way game...

Old
03-21-2013, 11:58 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22 View Post
I'd add Jake Allen to that list in a heartbeat.
I agree....I think STL will hold onto him though to see if he can become an elite goalie goalie(top 10) and then look to deal Halak....

If some how we could put picks,prospects and players in packeges together to get Yandle,Ryan, And Bernier I think we would be a much better team...

Thats a pipe dream though....

Old
03-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Sneekypete

Havlat is on the Market and think he would fit right in on the Isles top 2 lines, but the tag is 5 million over the next 2 years. He brings speed, dangle and responsible in all 3 zones.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
Havlat is on the Market and think he would fit right in on the Isles top 2 lines, but the tag is 5 million over the next 2 years. He brings speed, dangle and responsible in all 3 zones.
He also hasn't been productive in years, is expensive and soft as a pillow. He doesn't address any of the Isles needs in the top 6.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:16 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
He also hasn't been productive in years, is expensive and soft as a pillow. He doesn't address any of the Isles needs in the top 6.
I don't know why people don't check the other two hundred threads and look over the gaping need for a top line scorer with size who hits and jams the net before advocating Havlat or whatever waived former LI resident shows up.

We need to make a trade to get the lines balanced....not a 2nd liner, not a third liner, but a first line wing with size and grit.

Then our second and third and fourth lines all improve.

Old
03-21-2013, 03:38 PM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
I don't know why people don't check the other two hundred threads and look over the gaping need for a top line scorer with size who hits and jams the net before advocating Havlat or whatever waived former LI resident shows up.

We need to make a trade to get the lines balanced....not a 2nd liner, not a third liner, but a first line wing with size and grit.

Then our second and third and fourth lines all improve.
Sometimes you can't build your team in order of highest priority. I still agree on Havlat though, he's a PP wizard but he has had problems staying healthy. There are a lot better ways to spend 5M though, if Wang even opened his wallet.

Regarding the bolded, I wouldn't say he is a true first liner, but Nathan Horton would be the best fit for your description out of all the impending UFAs. If Boston doesn't resign him, the remaining 29 teams will be interested I would imagine.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:01 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post

No you cant get Subban for Moulson. Try Moulson, DeHaan, Nelson and a 1st.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:10 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Sometimes you can't build your team in order of highest priority. I still agree on Havlat though, he's a PP wizard but he has had problems staying healthy. There are a lot better ways to spend 5M though, if Wang even opened his wallet.

Regarding the bolded, I wouldn't say he is a true first liner, but Nathan Horton would be the best fit for your description out of all the impending UFAs. If Boston doesn't resign him, the remaining 29 teams will be interested I would imagine.
If we're talking priority.....smarts and puckhandling, then size that gets used, then scoring ability, then defensive awareness, then skating ability, then age.

If you have a kid that can score, maybe not twenty, but can shoot well and make the most of his chances, you cede some of the scoring talent for some size to round the line out, IMHO.....and count on JT to maximize his talent and the line as a whole to rely on what has been missing from the line.

A Steve Thomas would be ideal.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
I don't know if he's even available, but a guy like Cal Clutterbuck could be a nice addition to the Isles' top line alongside Tavares and Moulson.

He's physical, he's a good skater, and he's shown he can approach 20-goals (He's scored 19 goals and 15 goals in the NHL without top line minutes). Plus there's the additional bonus of him and Tavares having played together before. Clutterbuck was a key to creating space for JT during Tavares' vaunted 72 goal season in the OHL.

Closed Thread