HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 OHL Priority Selection Prospects Part 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2013, 06:39 AM
  #426
JansenHockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
No idea on where they go. Of the OHL draft eligibles that committed to the NTDP, Kirwan, Tkachuk, McAvoy, and Kunin are late birthdays.
WHB

Can you confirm if Henley was at the USNTDP tryout?

JansenHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:04 AM
  #427
checkmate3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JansenHockey View Post
WHB

Can you confirm if Henley was at the USNTDP tryout?
Henley did not attend.

checkmate3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:10 AM
  #428
checkmate3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneurism View Post
Hey mapleleaf, What's the difference in talent between Werenski and Spencer, in your opinion?
Realize this question was meant for Leaf, but can tell you there is no comparison between the two. Werenski is on a much higher level playing field, has played with older players his whole career whereas Spencer has not. Werenski is classified as a man playing amongst boys and his maturity level (from being with the older players) is not even equal to the 97 age class. No comparison whatsoever. Ask anyone that knows him and they will tell you the same. Same goes for Kirwan, out of his age class!

checkmate3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:36 AM
  #429
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate3 View Post
Realize this question was meant for Leaf, but can tell you there is no comparison between the two. Werenski is on a much higher level playing field, has played with older players his whole career whereas Spencer has not. Werenski is classified as a man playing amongst boys and his maturity level (from being with the older players) is not even equal to the 97 age class. No comparison whatsoever. Ask anyone that knows him and they will tell you the same. Same goes for Kirwan, out of his age class!
What are the chances that Kirwan or Werenski come to the O next season?

defensehockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:21 AM
  #430
BigBuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
What are the chances that Kirwan or Werenski come to the O next season?
I would say slim. I think you have to sign a 2 year deal with the USNDP and it costs $50,000 to get out of the deal. Kirwan with a late birthday might attract some attention as after his 2 years there he could play his draft year in the OHL.

BigBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:23 AM
  #431
orangeandblack
Registered User
 
orangeandblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
What are the chances that Kirwan or Werenski come to the O next season?

Very small if they sign a contract with the NTDP. I can see Kirwan ending up in the OHL after 2 years with the US team, bc of the late birthday. Like Patrick Kane, Brandon Saad, Cam Fowler, Ryan Hartman. So a team like London or Plymouth that can wait 2 years may take him in the 1st. Same with Werenski, although he would show up after he's NHL drafted. Maybe someone takes him in the 2-4th round with hopes he never goes to college, like Jeremy Morin, Stefan Matteau, JT Miller.

Tkachuk, I highly doubt ever makes it to the OHL. Don't know much about Kunin. McAvoy Im sure will depend on his development.

Bracco could be a real steal. He's a Harvard commit, but I think he will outplay his commitment. Either recommit to a better school or go to the OHL. He's the real deal, I can't see him not leading this team in scoring, even with all the talent that is coming in. Most pure skilled US kid since Gaudreau. Having seen Bracco, Gaudreau, and Patrick Kane play as minor midgets, Bracco is hands down the most skilled at this age out of the 3.

orangeandblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:37 AM
  #432
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 20,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
What are the chances that Kirwan or Werenski come to the O next season?
Basically what orangeandblack said. Also, Kirwan and Werenski have already signed their NTDP contracts, along with Tkachuk, Warren, Boka, Fischer and Greenway, which makes those odds even smaller.

__________________
"I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough." - Mark Twain.
William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:03 AM
  #433
Crottenham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
Here's the official USA Hockey announcement....

http://www.usantdp.com/news_article/...rrer_id=654408

Crottenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:19 AM
  #434
checkmate3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Basically what orangeandblack said. Also, Kirwan and Werenski have already signed their NTDP contracts, along with Tkachuk, Warren, Boka, Fischer and Greenway, which makes those odds even smaller.
WHB is right on! Contracts signed as well as Bracco!

checkmate3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:42 AM
  #435
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,720
vCash: 500
Thanks for all the info posters.

A lot of us non scouts, and guys that dont get to see all these kids play appreciate it.

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:51 AM
  #436
Kingpin794
Lucky 13
 
Kingpin794's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Freeland, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 500
Mock Draft of the first round:

http://thescout.ca/index.php?option=...news&Itemid=30

Kingpin794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:52 AM
  #437
BigBuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Thanks for all the info posters.

A lot of us non scouts, and guys that dont get to see all these kids play appreciate it.
I agree

I think it's a great place to come and read,ask,comment about the future OHL prospects.

BigBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:12 AM
  #438
SimonKnightsman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblack View Post
Very small if they sign a contract with the NTDP. I can see Kirwan ending up in the OHL after 2 years with the US team, bc of the late birthday. Like Patrick Kane, Brandon Saad, Cam Fowler, Ryan Hartman. So a team like London or Plymouth that can wait 2 years may take him in the 1st. Same with Werenski, although he would show up after he's NHL drafted. Maybe someone takes him in the 2-4th round with hopes he never goes to college, like Jeremy Morin, Stefan Matteau, JT Miller.

Tkachuk, I highly doubt ever makes it to the OHL. Don't know much about Kunin. McAvoy Im sure will depend on his development.

Bracco could be a real steal. He's a Harvard commit, but I think he will outplay his commitment. Either recommit to a better school or go to the OHL. He's the real deal, I can't see him not leading this team in scoring, even with all the talent that is coming in. Most pure skilled US kid since Gaudreau. Having seen Bracco, Gaudreau, and Patrick Kane play as minor midgets, Bracco is hands down the most skilled at this age out of the 3.
Gaudreau won't get to where Pat Kane is and saying Bracco is already better than a Kane at that age is something . Sounds like a keeper....London have stopped taking risks 2 years back and Hunter even said as much.

They already expect 3 2nd rnd pics back from the Bulls since MacCarron at the NDTP is headed NCAA.

SimonKnightsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:17 PM
  #439
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Matt Spencer is a STEAL at #4. In my opinion he is a better long term prospect than Konecny. Tough for me to lean one way or the other with regards to Strome vs Spencer debate. Spencer deserved more hype and Id consider him #1 or #2 without Day, no question in my mind. U dont see 6-2 d-men with those feet too often. Looks like an elite NHL defenseman in the making. More dangerous, further along than Roland MCkeown was in minor midget, in my opinion. Roland is one of my favourite all time players to watch at the minor midget level, but Im just calling it like I see it. Spencer is better at the same age, more gifted. Roland might have had a better compete level, tough to say anyone's is or was better than Mckeown in that category.
Agreed. Everything about Spencer says "STUD"

The top 4 teams are all getting tremendous talents.

If I am picking based on long-term value (which isn't the case for OHL teams usually), I am going:

1. Day
2. Spencer
3. Strome
4. Konecny

For the OHL, I like:
1. Day
2a. Konecny
2b. Spencer (damn close)
4. Strome

dean youngblood82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:20 PM
  #440
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
Great stuff. Lizotte at 19th seems low though. What a steal that would be.

dean youngblood82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:27 PM
  #441
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneurism View Post
Hey mapleleaf, What's the difference in talent between Werenski and Spencer, in your opinion?
On the offensive side of things, the 2 players in my opinion are quite close. Long term Spencer might have the edge, offensively. On the defensive side of things Werenski is better, a big punishing hitter, physically stronger it appears. Overall Werenski is better in my eyes. I dont think he is miles ahead though. If Werenski was available he would be the only player that Id consider taking over Sean Day.

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:36 PM
  #442
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,128
vCash: 500
If anyone needed more confirmation than Tigers saying it, it looks like Petawabano is Q eligible, as he was named to the Québec U17 camp today.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 03:55 PM
  #443
Kingpin794
Lucky 13
 
Kingpin794's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Freeland, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 500
There is an article on five OHL draft prospects on the OHL site. 4 of the 5 are names I've heard of: Strome, Spencer, Speers and Konecny.

The fiftth name though, I haven't heard of: Kris Myllari. Can anyone give me some info on this guy? Is he as good as the other four? What round do you see him going in? Seems a little weird to have him part of that article with the other first round guys if he isn't a first round guy as well.

Kingpin794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:04 PM
  #444
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
There is an article on five OHL draft prospects on the OHL site. 4 of the 5 are names I've heard of: Strome, Spencer, Speers and Konecny.

The fiftth name though, I haven't heard of: Kris Myllari. Can anyone give me some info on this guy? Is he as good as the other four? What round do you see him going in? Seems a little weird to have him part of that article with the other first round guys if he isn't a first round guy as well.
Probably early to mid second rounder.

defensehockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:53 PM
  #445
Ottersfan1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Long time lurker. If Ottawa takes Day, can someone tell be the pluses and minuses of Konecny and Strome?

Ottersfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:30 PM
  #446
Daneurism
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 608
vCash: 500
Where would Petawabano slot if he were eligible for the OHL draft? Late first, early second?

Daneurism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:52 PM
  #447
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneurism View Post
Where would Petawabano slot if he were eligible for the OHL draft? Late first, early second?
OHL Central had him 34th before he was deleted. Some team probably would have taken him higher then that thou. Mid second is more then fair.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:29 PM
  #448
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
There is an article on five OHL draft prospects on the OHL site. 4 of the 5 are names I've heard of: Strome, Spencer, Speers and Konecny.

The fiftth name though, I haven't heard of: Kris Myllari. Can anyone give me some info on this guy? Is he as good as the other four? What round do you see him going in? Seems a little weird to have him part of that article with the other first round guys if he isn't a first round guy as well.
He isnt as good as those guys right now and will be selected just a little bit later in the draft. Myllari is projected to be an early second round pick for this draft. He is big boy that could use a little more weight to him, competes hard, physical/mean streak, versatile, good feet. Ottawa picking #20 might consider him .

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:38 PM
  #449
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneurism View Post
Where would Petawabano slot if he were eligible for the OHL draft? Late first, early second?
I think early second would be more likely. Definately one of the first ten picks in the second round, inside the Top 30 overall. He is 6-3, 236 pounds right now. If he uses his size a bit more in the QMJHL, his potential is going to increase greatly.

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:39 PM
  #450
gunner staal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
i'm curious about some of these names popping up after the unarguable top 2 blueliners. myllari or mcfadden seem to be getting a big push here. definitely good dmen, but if I'm an OHL GM, I have a hard time passing up a kid like wilkie in favor of those guys. much more upside and more physically ready. as an american he came to the G so his intentions are pretty clear. myllari doesnt strike me as a first round pick. i cant see teams with a need for D such as maybe oshawa, kitchener, guelph going for myllari in the first. again not denying talent but thats a reach. i think teams like that take a hard long look at a kid like wilkie but doesnt seem to be mentioned much here. pretty intrigued by his combination of size and skill, plus he plays pretty nasty.


Last edited by gunner staal: 03-28-2013 at 07:44 PM.
gunner staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.