Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 OHL Priority Selection Prospects Part 3

Old
04-01-2013, 02:02 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

vCash: 500
Would like to get some opinions on Carson Brookshaw(Elgin Middlesex). I saw him play a handful of games this year and really liked his moxie. Was shocked to find out he's actually a day away from being a Bantam aged player having a DOB of December 31st. Any input as to where people think he may go in the draft would be appreciated.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:12 PM
skating101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneurism View Post
Any posters watching the bantams this week?
Big game underway Marlies vs STA. STA second game of the day easily handled London 6-0 this morning.

skating101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:28 PM
RyanHPscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Would like to get some opinions on Carson Brookshaw(Elgin Middlesex). I saw him play a handful of games this year and really liked his moxie. Was shocked to find out he's actually a day away from being a Bantam aged player having a DOB of December 31st. Any input as to where people think he may go in the draft would be appreciated.
Carson really improved throughout the year. He didn't really stand out much earlier on in the year, but as the year went on he kept getting better and better. Really hard working kid. Tough to predict how high he'll go.. I'd say 4th-6th with an outside shot at going 3rd or 7th round.

RyanHPscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:32 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHPscout View Post
Carson really improved throughout the year. He didn't really stand out much earlier on in the year, but as the year went on he kept getting better and better. Tough to predict how high he'll go.. I'd say 4th-6th with an outside shot at going 3rd or 7th round.
I figured he'd be a mid-round pick. The kid has a great compete level. I don't him from Adam..just his story (being a late late late 97) caught my interest.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Coach Development

I am familiar with Elgin and London in Alliance. I really hope Konecny and Crouse go in top 5. Great kids and great potential in them, i still believe Crouse and Strome will develop into better players than Konecny. But as I entioned earlier Konecny is so much fun to watch.

Carson Brookshaw plays with some grit and has good abilities. He plays bigger than he is, which may not be as effective in OHL.

Coach Development is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:36 PM
skating101

2-1 after one, Marlies had a 2 goal lead STA got one on the PP

Old
04-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Coach Development

Would love an opinion on 3 london green players,
#7 Tanner Ferriera. Forward
#14 Connor MacKay defence
15 Connor Lovie. Defence

I feel ferreira and Mackay could have contributed to London Gold this year.

MacKay is big and strong and could be a great shut down D-man, lots of potential
Ferreira is skilled but had very little support from his foward line mates

Old
04-01-2013, 02:42 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Development View Post

Carson Brookshaw plays with some grit and has good abilities. He plays bigger than he is, which may not be as effective in OHL.
That has London Knights draft pick written all over it.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:50 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Development View Post
I am familiar with Elgin and London in Alliance. I really hope Konecny and Crouse go in top 5. Great kids and great potential in them, i still believe Crouse and Strome will develop into better players than Konecny. But as I entioned earlier Konecny is so much fun to watch.

I agree with you. In my opinion, Konecny is at the stage "what u see is what u get". I dont think he will develop much, if any from now on. In fact I havent seen much developing since he was a Bantam player. Ive said it months ago, I wouldnt draft Konecny in the Top 4, for those reasons. But thats just me, Im not saying Im right or wrong, but I feel strongly about that.

I agree about the Brookshaw placement. 4th to 6th round sounds right. He really elevated his play in the playoffs for Elgin. Average height, but Skill is visible and so is the physical side. Solid pick in my eyes, with potential there.

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:58 PM
LKF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Agreed. Tigers, Chewer and Mapleleaf979 are attacked more than anyone on these boards for giving opinions. That poster who called me Lafortune and the father of the Marlie twins, is trying to insult me, is in essence insulting others who are not me. These attacks are only based on one DMF player that this poster goes off the deep end about. I think we should get back to the topic at hand.
Why do you feel insulted? You seem to hold SL in high regard. You both have very similar opinions on players. Tiger seems to comment on more of Chewers posts than anyone else. I rarely read Chewer or Tiger getting attacked. Matter of fact I rarely see any posters getting "attacked" on this forum.

My opinion and I am sure others opinions on scouting services vary as much as the services themselves seem to vary on players. Its an opinion.

LKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:03 PM
skating101

Bantam Marlies 3 STA 1 after two, Marlies extend lead after successful PK's earlier in the 2nd

Old
04-01-2013, 03:06 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowswhattowatch View Post
Why do you feel insulted? You seem to hold SL in high regard. You both have very similar opinions on players. Tiger seems to comment on more of Chewers posts than anyone else. I rarely read Chewer or Tiger getting attacked. Matter of fact I rarely see any posters getting "attacked" on this forum.

My opinion and I am sure others opinions on scouting services vary as much as the services themselves seem to vary on players. Its an opinion.
Ive never once commented on Sean or his scouting reports. Get your facts straight. Read my posts for the last 2 years. Im not insulted at all, u sure seem to be insulted by other opinions regarding One player.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:17 PM
LKF

Quote:
Ive never once commented on Sean or his scouting reports. Get your facts straight. Read my posts for the last 2 years. Im not insulted at all, u sure seem to be insulted by other opinions regarding One player.
Can you not even follow your own posts? You said you felt insulted? I answered to ask why? I never said you attacked SL. You made the comment that that you, Chewer and Tiger were attacked the most? I don't see that? Cheer up Mapleleaf I know many on here think of you as a Guru, thats great. I have varied opinions from you on many more than one player. The one you keep bringing into your posts.

LKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:21 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowswhattowatch View Post
Can you not even follow your own posts? You said you felt insulted? I answered to ask why? I never said you attacked SL. You made the comment that that you, Chewer and Tiger were attacked the most? I don't see that? Cheer up Mapleleaf I know many on here think of you as a Guru, thats great. I have varied opinions from you on many more than one player. The one you keep bringing into your posts.
I said in my post "trying to insult me". I didnt say " I felt insulted". Big difference. Lets stay on topic. Thanks.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:06 PM
skating101

Bantam Marlies 5 STA 2

Players of the game Marlies Michael McLeod and STA Mitchell Mendonca

Old
04-01-2013, 04:11 PM
ExtremeHockeyFan

Does everyone seem to think Troy Timpano is the first goalie picked?

ExtremeHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Coach Development

Would love an opinion on 3 london green players,
#7 Tanner Ferriera. Forward
#14 Connor MacKay defence
15 Connor Lovie. Defence

I feel ferreira and Mackay could have contributed to London Gold this year.

MacKay is big and strong and could be a great shut down D-man, lots of potential
Ferreira is skilled but had very little support from his foward line mates

Old
04-01-2013, 07:10 PM
mapleleaf979

Blake Speers a lock for SSM at #11? He seems loyal to his hometown. He had GTHL opportunities this year. Speers had/has interest from teams inside the Top 8 of this draft.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:39 PM
RyanHPscout

Quote:
Blake Speers a lock for SSM at #11? He seems loyal to his hometown. He had GTHL opportunities this year. Speers had/has interest from teams inside the Top 8 of this draft.
Would not be shocked to see someone from 6-10 take a shot at him, but don't see him getting past 11. Would be a great fit.

RyanHPscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneurism View Post
Any posters watching the bantams this week?
I'll be there. Ottawa Valley/Marlies on Thursday should be great.

Garyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gensfan9 View Post
Tigers is right on Day. GM's haven't watched him enough Live and they just can't take a kid based on getting ES.
This strike anyone else as lazy? With a talent like Day, you figure teams would have at least a few of their scouts watch him regularly. Detroit isn't that far. I would have been following since spotting him with Honeybaked at the 2011 Silverstick. I'm sure scouts caught wind of how ridiculously out of place he looked playing Minor Bantam, and how you could have thrown him in with the Minor Midgets with ease. From that point on it would have struck me that this guy has serious ES potential and we should be keeping tabs on him. With such limited views of Day, he should fall to Plymouth (dripping with sarcasm, I know he won't fall that far).

Garyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:21 PM
skating101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
I'll be there. Ottawa Valley/Marlies on Thursday should be great.
Who are some of the players to watch for on the Titans?

Old
04-01-2013, 08:29 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by skating101 View Post
Who are some of the players to watch for on the Titans?
Dods (G) for Ottawa is stellar.

Old
04-01-2013, 08:30 PM
attackfan71

i asked this while back but Day got his es and it ended up being 3 pages all about him and i never did get any input so again can someone pls give me some insight on the players that will be available when owen sound makes their first and second round picks? upside,what type of player they project to be , will they help out right away or are they a good year away from being productive? these type of things. any help would be apprecaited

attackfan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:45 PM
skating101

Quote:
Dods (G) for Ottawa is stellar.
Thanks,

During the Marlie STA game today McLeod and Smith of the Marlies and Mitchell Mendonca from STA looked strong.

But the player that impressed me today was Kyle Maksimovich of the Marlies.