Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2013 OHL Priority Selection Prospects Part 3

Old
04-02-2013, 02:18 PM
OHLFan8771

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Will Erie then follow suit or will that decision not be made till Saturday?
There is no rule against a team declaring who they will pick, no matter where they are in the standings (someone correct me if I am wrong). However I would not count on hearing anything from Erie until Saturday.

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:23 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Windsor picks #43 and #47. They made a move to get an Extra 3rd rounder. What do they do here? Do u think they take Kirwan, who should end up in the OHL post USNTDP committment as he will still have 1 year before the NHL Draft. If he doesnt make the jump to the NHL right away, he could be a Spitfire for 2 years. He would be a Top 5 pick in this draft, maybe Top 3. Does Windsor see more value in Kirwan for 2 years? Or the best player available in the 3rd. I think they take Kirwan if he is there, with #43 or #47 and may take best player available with the other. With the way Windsor's season went, this draft may do very little to improve there bottom 4 season, for next year. They may have a surprise or two. I think they have to gamble of some kind. Select Kirwan and try and move mountains to get him to play next year, similar to Bobby Ryan who backed off his USNTDP committment to go to Sarnia. At the very worst u see him in 2 years after his USNTDP committment. Maybe that extra 3rd is a safety pick becuase they will RISK something with the other and see if it pays off.
I am in the boat of the Spits taking risks. Not sure what they will do but I wasn't that impressed with the crop of Sanvido, Verbeek and Brown. Not even remotely interested in the draft though without a 1st and 2nd.

RayzorIsDull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:25 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
There is no rule against a team declaring who they will pick, no matter where they are in the standings (someone correct me if I am wrong). However I would not count on hearing anything from Erie until Saturday.
Agreed.

Ottawa will probably have the player in town Thursday(it may leak then), 67's will announce it Friday.

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:32 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I am in the boat of the Spits taking risks. Not sure what they will do but I wasn't that impressed with the crop of Sanvido, Verbeek and Brown. Not even remotely interested in the draft though without a 1st and 2nd.
I am i agreement on the Spits taking risks,Warren said he wanted another pick in the
top 100,and he got 1 in the top 50
As for Verbeek,Brown and Sanido I was overall pleased with them especially Brown
I do think he has some upside
With the 43,47 and Saginaws 4th by way of Guelph in the Posa deal its better then it was

hockeylegend11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:39 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I am i agreement on the Spits taking risks,Warren said he wanted another pick in the
top 100,and he got 1 in the top 50
As for Verbeek,Brown and Sanido I was overall pleased with them especially Brown
I do think he has some upside
With the 43,47 and Saginaws 4th by way of Guelph in the Posa deal its better then it was
With McCarron rumoured to be 100% opting for the USDT route and the Knights keeping all their conditional 2nds next year and beyond..and with little to no openings next season..the Spits should look to grab London's 2nd this year. It's a high pick in the 2nd (Missy's)

PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:56 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
With McCarron rumoured to be 100% opting for the USDT route and the Knights keeping all their conditional 2nds next year and beyond..and with little to no openings next season..the Spits should look to grab London's 2nd this year. It's a high pick in the 2nd (Missy's)
Thats a good pt u have brought up Plyer,sort of surprised that Mccarron not opting for London,would have been great for him and the team,and they certainly know how to develop players,u would think with Mermis and Stolarz there in London,McCarron would have seen what that has done for each of those guys
As for London and Windsor dealing with each other while I am not opposed,its seems it
so rarely occurs,maybe something can happen

Old
04-02-2013, 03:09 PM
BigBuck

Quote:
I would like to see Kingston trade London their 2015 2nd round pick back for that 2nd round pick this year. Kingston needs players and they could use a pick on a goalie also.

BigBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:37 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Why is that surprising. He gets to stay in America, play a huge amount of games both in the USHL, plus internationally and keep his college eligibility. Nothing is wrong with that decision if that's the case. But a lot of situations do change after draft day. If the NHL team feels he's close, they will recommend going to the OHL.

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:42 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Nope, there isn't a rule. But teams like to keep the information tight until draft day. You don't want to give up your player but it's not against the rules if they do. But I think the first overall pick will be decided on the 5th. It seems to be a yearly decision to name the first overall player selected publicly the day before the draft. Last year it was McDavid, Ekblad the year before, Galchenyuk etc etc, it happens every year so I'd assume it would continue.

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:59 PM
Mark Edwards
First Round Scouting

Our reporter Laura Barney did some OHL prospect interviews. You can take a peek at the link below if interested.

LINK

Mark Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:21 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Why is that surprising. He gets to stay in America, play a huge amount of games both in the USHL, plus internationally and keep his college eligibility. Nothing is wrong with that decision if that's the case. But a lot of situations do change after draft day. If the NHL team feels he's close, they will recommend going to the OHL.
Please show me where I said I was shocked by his decision or down played it.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:28 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Please show me where I said I was shocked by his decision or down played it.
Probably meant to quote my comments Plyer not yours where I expressed surprise
re MCCarron

Old
04-02-2013, 05:33 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Probably meant to quote my comments Phlyer not yours where I expressed surprise
re MCCarron
Still think Windsor should approach Hunter about that pick though...London has 19 picks...they have little room next year..they could trade that 2nd to Windsor for a 2nd next year and still sit pretty.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:35 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Still think Windsor should approach Hunter about that pick though
Dont disagree with u probably has inquired u would think,though Rychel did say in todays Star the price for a 2nd was too high

Old
04-02-2013, 05:39 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Still think Windsor should approach Hunter about that pick though...London has 19 picks...they have little room next year..they could trade that 2nd to Windsor for a 2nd next year and still sit pretty.
Now if Hunter offered to trade his 2nd for this year for a 2nd yr next yr I would do it
Windsor already has traded 1 2nd today for the 3rd rder,they have 2 left with 1 going back to the league re sanctions so they have 1 to deal by my count
One wonders if Hunter wanted more then a 2nd rder from Windsor for his 2nd based on todays Windsor deal with Sudbury not that I blame for getting as much as he can

Old
04-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Ottomatic

If Rychel has accepted not having the hosting gig, a trade with London would make sense. However he'd be signalling to the selection committee and Windsor fans that he's giving up the dreams of hosting.

I'm surprised other teams haven't reached out to trade with London - because the picks are more valuable traded for future picks if London doesn't have spots for them next year and second round players can't be traded, but 2014 second rounders can be to improve next years team even further.

Ottomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:28 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Will Erie then follow suit or will that decision not be made till Saturday?
I hear Erie is holding up the train. They are not sure on their pick and all later teams are in limbo until they decide.

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:30 PM
HockeyFan667
Rookie User

Hello everyone, just thought i would ask opinions on players from the Thunder Bay Kings when i watched them play against the Soo Thunder very noticeable players any opinions on #17, #7, #16, #9 ? thanks.

HockeyFan667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:34 PM
no Gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan667 View Post
Hello everyone, just thought i would ask opinions on players from the Thunder Bay Kings when i watched them play against the Soo Thunder very noticeable players any opinions on #17, #7, #16, #9 ? thanks.
17, 7 and 16 were all invited to the OHL draft combine so should go somewhere by the middle of the draft. 9 maybe a late rounder.

no Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:40 PM
HockeyFan667
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by burki15 View Post
17, 7 and 16 were all invited to the OHL draft combine so should go somewhere by the middle of the draft. 9 maybe a late rounder.
In a previous post in another thread it said that 9 out skilled Speers scoring 4 goals and an 1 assist in the second game until he was thrown out of the third game in my opinion i agree #9 and #7 were the best players that series would boost 9's stock no?

HockeyFan667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:53 PM
GangGreen

Quote:
Or they could use that pick and take a Kirwan, Greenway or Werenski and wait the 2 years for them to play out their USNTDP commitment. Knights have the luxury of being able to wait for them. It looks like it will work out for Kitchener with McInnis.

GangGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:47 PM
defensehockey19

Mapleleaf, out of some of the guys you have talked about being available around the 2nd round area who do you think has the best chances of coming in and making the greatest impact as early as next season?

defensehockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:57 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Mapleleaf, out of some of the guys you have talked about being available around the 2nd round area who do you think has the best chances of coming in and making the greatest impact as early as next season?
Matt McConnach, Connor Walters, Kris Myllari, Noah Carroll, Zach Wilkie, Austin Gerhart, Noah Bushnell, Mike Baird, Graham Knott, Austin Clapham. I think all those guys can contribute in the OHL next year in different ways, I am very convinced on those guys and others in the second round and even going into the Third Round to make there squad. Two of my sleepers are Riley Bruce and Tristan Liggett, Id take both in the second round.

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:55 AM
OHLFan8771

Per twitter sources Ottawa will announce their pick Friday at 2. Most sources say expect it to be Konecny.

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Mark Edwards
First Round Scouting

Quote:
Per twitter sources Ottawa will announce their pick Friday at 2. Most sources say expect it to be Konecny.
Count on it.

Mark Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote