Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

2013 OHL Priority Selection Prospects Part 3

Old
03-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Tigers1992

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLowery View Post
Just confirmed, Henley is not at the NTDP Camp.
His interest is with the OHL and is anticipating the draft. Was told he will report to whichever team drafts him ie: Petes; Erie front runners. Great news for the O!
Oake and Brown are pretty set on one of the big three.

Any players you like outside of Henley? You seem to mention him quite a bit.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Lately? Its been over 2 years now.

No Switzerland with me. All meat and potatoes, and no lettuce.

If some people dont like hearing the truth, not my problem. I dont believe in sugar coating things.
Problem with truth is, its in the eye of the beholder .

Just seems as thou your getting a bit jaded on us here.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:04 AM
JLowery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Oake and Brown are pretty set on one of the big three.

Any players you like outside of Henley? You seem to mention him quite a bit.
Yes, Oke is set on the big three. Henley is the fan fav as far as I'm concerned due to his overall committment to playing in the Ontario Hockey League. His passion for the game is well noted and visible to others watching him play. Beside the fact that he made a huge decision to relocate to Canada in hopes of being drafted (not even a quarantee he would be drafted) shows his committment to the O is slightly above standards and that alone makes him deservant of my support. Are there "any players I like outside of Henley?", absolutely, however at a different level. Spencer is another fav of mine as well as Crouse, Konecny, and few other elites. Seems you should give the kid a little more credit than you do as he has not even been amongst your top 10 players. You need to read up on his background and learn how he got to be where he is. Very interesting and maybe you would get a new view of him.

JLowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:11 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:
His interest is with the OHL and is anticipating the draft. Was told he will report to whichever team drafts him ie: Petes; Erie front runners. Great news for the O!
You're correct. He's been removed from the camp roster. Charlie McAvoy (some of you may remember him from the recent OHL cup as he was on Elite Hockey) has been added to the NTDP camp in Henley's spot.

Good on Henley (I assume) for making his intentions known so another American player gets a chance at the NTDP camp.

Quote:
Also, Tory Dello another great player, will not be attending the NTDP Camp.
He was never invited as he already tendered with the Tri-City Storm in the USHL. It's the same reason Cam Askew (QMJHL draft eligible) isn't there either as he tendered with the Indiana Ice.

Quote:
Dello, another top Dman played for Chicago Mission. Has commit to Notre Dame.
Boka, just heard, will be there!
Nick Boka has been confirmed for the NTDP camp for awhile. No "just heard" scenario there.

03-22-2013, 10:12 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Why wouldnt you want to play with a star like McDavid?
It's not a matter of who he'd be playing with..it's a matter of where he'd be playing.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Yes, Oke is set on the big three. Henley is the fan fav as far as I'm concerned due to his overall committment to playing in the Ontario Hockey League. His passion for the game is well noted and visible to others watching him play. Beside the fact that he made a huge decision to relocate to Canada in hopes of being drafted (not even a quarantee he would be drafted) shows his committment to the O is slightly above standards and that alone makes him deservant of my support. Are there "any players I like outside of Henley?", absolutely, however at a different level. Spencer is another fav of mine as well as Crouse, Konecny, and few other elites. Seems you should give the kid a little more credit than you do as he has not even been amongst your top 10 players. You need to read up on his background and learn how he got to be where he is. Very interesting and maybe you would get a new view of him.
Nope, your right, he is not among my top 10 players for the draft, I put a lot of stock in the OHL Central list this year, they seem to have a good read on the players.

I know Troy well, I saw him partner with Kevin Kerr last year on Team Comcast in Philadelphia where he played a more run and gun style. I respect that he moved to Oakville, it was a good move for him as he has changed his game for the positive. I just personally believe there are better players.

The only reason I asked are there players you like better is because I think 80 percent of your posts are regarding one single player, would like to hear your thoughts on others.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:14 AM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Have you seen him play?
I'm not saying Day isn't going to be good. But there has been alot of talk about Day not going 1st. Which I think would open the door for more people to get exceptional status because they wouldn't have to be number 1 overall good. Day is number 1 good. But if he isn't taken with the first pick it could set a new precedent.

Kingpin794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:31 AM
ontohockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
I'm not saying Day isn't going to be good. But there has been alot of talk about Day not going 1st. Which I think would open the door for more people to get exceptional status because they wouldn't have to be number 1 overall good. Day is number 1 good. But if he isn't taken with the first pick it could set a new precedent.
What's that rumbling going around that the boy has a bad attitude problem? Is it jealousy, or just a rumor?

ontohockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:38 AM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Thanks for that ! I heard he would be attending, it had me wondering.

Do u know if Werenski, Bracco, Warren are locks for the USNTDP? Have they signed? If your not sure just ignore me. Thanks.

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
How do you know hes not going 1? Remember last year with the 'McDavid won't report to Erie rumors?'

Old
03-22-2013, 11:45 AM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Ottawa probably did the right thing. They talked about Konecny alot and STrome a little bit too during the last few weeks, as those 2 players were eligible for the Draft. We will see if they sing that tune now that Day is eligible. ES will be given to any underaged player that is viewed as being IN THE MIX for #1 overall. Inside the Top 10 doesnt meet that criteria, the player has to be upper echelon. Top 2-3. Team needs could make a difference and a future ES player may slip to #2 or #3.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Thanks for that ! I heard he would be attending, it had me wondering.

Do u know if Werenski, Bracco, Warren are locks for the USNTDP? Have they signed? If your not sure just ignore me. Thanks.
Werenski and Warren are pretty much committed to the US-NTDP. They made their mind up a few weeks ago, or so says the rink talk. Don't believe they are officially signed thou. Id be shocked if Warren goes to the OHL at any point unless dictated by an NHL team.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:52 AM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Werenski and Warren are pretty much committed to the US-NTDP. They made their mind up a few weeks ago, or so says the rink talk. Don't believe they are officially signed thou. Id be shocked if Warren goes to the OHL at any point unless dictated by an NHL team.
Thank u. Also with this rink talk, I was left thinking that Bracco could be convinced of the OHL, I know the kid is brilliant and his parents want him to go to School. Is he at camp?

Old
03-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Thank u. Also with this rink talk, I was left thinking that Bracco could be convinced of the OHL, I know the kid is brilliant and his parents want him to go to School. Is he at camp?
He will be at the Us camp. Hes keeping his options open, but probably leaning to Harvard.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:06 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
He isnt the only one who thinks that. I can see why a team would have him on the outside or fringe of the Top 10. He is not on Matt Spencers level and a bulk of forwards will be taken in the Top 10. Forwards can adapt faster and transition to the OHL faster than Dmen. Capobianco vs Henley is an interesting arguement in my opinion. I like Henley better than Capo, but others like Capo more.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:07 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontohockey View Post
What's that rumbling going around that the boy has a bad attitude problem? Is it jealousy, or just a rumor?
Like most things we've heard re: Day, I'd guess it's just another despicable rumour.
I think it's safe to say that his attitude isn't an issue since he was granted ES, which looks at the mental side of things.

I don't know if it's jealousy or what, but the way this kid has been treated by the media has been disgusting.
I'm sure they'll continue to try to put an asterisk next to his designation because Hockey Canada only gave him the designation so that he wouldn't play for Team USA (despite the fact that he holds no US citizenship and has no interest in ever getting any, which came straight from he and his father in the conference call yesterday) or because "three Exceptional Players in three years cheapens it" (love that one).
Even smaller media guys like In The O Radio have been spreading BS:
Quote:
But it still doesn’t answer the question of why GM Chris Byrne would not select Sean Day first overall. If Day is not selected you can assure yourself that you will not see him in the OHL next season. He will play in the US and you could see USAHockey fast track a possible citizenship so Day could join the NTDP and progress through their system. The US Citizenship may not happen, but do not expect Day in the OHL next season if he is not first overall.
http://www.intheoradio.com/imported-...-sean-day.html

..and literally hours after that, all of that was proven false after he said he didn't care where he went, he just wanted to play in the OHL.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:12 PM
CanadianDefenceman
Rookie User

Ok - can't really try and predict draft order - but will take a shot at predicting Team Ontario U17

Konecny. Strome. Stephens
Szpula. MacKenzie. McCool
Craivech. Gerhart. Falconer
Speers. Corniel. Korotselev

MacArthur. Lizotte
Spencer. Henley
Capobianco. Defarius
Schlicting

CanadianDefenceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Like most things we've heard re: Day, I'd guess it's just another despicable rumour.
I think it's safe to say that his attitude isn't an issue since he was granted ES, which looks at the mental side of things.

I don't know if it's jealousy or what, but the way this kid has been treated by the media has been disgusting.
I agree whole heartily. Anyone who has followed my comments over the past 5 years knows I hate speculation when it comes to 15 year old kids. Alot of people who should have known better have made some very ignorant public comments. I'm tempted to post them to show the ignorance, but will err on the side of caution.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:15 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianDefenceman View Post
Ok - can't really try and predict draft order - but will take a shot at predicting Team Ontario U17

MacArthur. Lizotte
Spencer. Henley
Capobianco. Defarius
Schlicting
Henley is an American and Korostelev is Russian.
You also forgot Day and McDavid, who may or may not be there depending on if they feel he's already moved on past the level (will play at the U18's next month and could be a U20 possibility).

Quote:
I agree whole heartily. Anyone who has followed my comments over the past 5 years knows I hate speculation when it comes to 15 year old kids. Alot of people who should have known better have made some very ignorant public comments. I'm tempted to post them to show the ignorance, but will err on the side of caution.
I think the worst offender has to be The Hockey News (Ken Campbell), who was basically adamant that he would not be granted ES, only to see it granted less than 48 hours later.

I'm glad I cancelled my THN subscription years ago if they're going to be rumourmongers.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Hank38

Quote:
Congratulations to Day on his ES

I have watched Day play on several occasions a pleasure to watch, excellent skater, nice size and great poise. Even though I have not seen him be that clear dominate MVP player in a series, tournament etc… like McDavid managed to do sooo many times in his minor midget campaign, if Day does not go first or second I must have a different understanding what ES stands for.

Hank38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:22 PM
RyanHPscout

Quote:
Dello, another top Dman played for Chicago Mission. Has commit to Notre Dame.
Boka, just heard, will be there!
It is also possible that Tory Dello chooses to stay with Tri-City Storm of USHL instead of going USNTDP.

RyanHPscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:25 PM
CanadianDefenceman
Rookie User

Quote:

MacArthur. Lizotte
Spencer. Henley
Capobianco. Defarius
Schlicting
No I didn't forget Day. Have seen him play. Must have been games where he felt he didn't need to push. I forgot about Henley and Korotselev. Insert Kries in at forward, and Sarris into the d slot.

CanadianDefenceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
No I didn't forget Day. Have seen him play. Must have been games where he felt he didn't need to push. I forgot about Henley and Korotselev. Insert Kries in at forward, and Sarris into the d slot.
Day will be a top 3 pick, if not the first overall pick, he will be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHPscout View Post
It is also possible that Tory Dello chooses to stay with Tri-City Storm of USHL instead of going USNTDP.
No choice to be made. Once a tender is made, no camp invite is extended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post

I think the worst offender has to be The Hockey News (Ken Campbell), who was basically adamant that he would not be granted ES, only to see it granted less than 48 hours later.

I'm glad I cancelled my THN subscription years ago if they're going to be rumourmongers.
Go look at the Sean Day prospect thread, alot of ignorance lately there as well...

Last edited by Tigers1992: 03-22-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old
03-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Hockeyplayer9723

Quote:
Craveich would be woth mckenzie

Hockeyplayer9723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:41 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Go look at the Sean Day prospect thread, someone claims he has duel citizenship and the ONLY reason he got it was because of that. Its amazing people don't do research on these things.
An Assistant GM I wont name near the top of the draft, said Day had duel citizenship. I personally heard this in an interview. Not sure if the poster had heard it from this podcast I also listened too. It was puzzling, had me doubting things as well. Its definately confirmed Sean Day and his family have only ONE passport for anyone in doubt. Canadian only.