HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 3-2 in OT

Old
03-19-2013, 09:49 PM
hockeyfan2k11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well yes...that's often how it is. Is it better to blame Therrien? That seems to work in this board. The players....well the greater role the player plays, the more he might be praises or bashed. But that's limited to the actual game we're discussing. Anybody who wants Price or Subban traded because of one play isn't dumb enough to write on a board. So I'm not sure why we're talking about those people.
You must not read the posts here.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
He stopped the first shot that was hard and low which you can't control the rebound, it went directly to Ott's stick on other side of net, the only way goalies save those if the player misses the net.
This. And he still got a decent piece of it. Gaston's point is straight from the boards and is just devoid of reality. I'm glad you brought up the very relevant facts about the first shot that he stopped.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LoonieDeals

I saw the TSN feed and didn't see Subban's stick hit the Sabre.
I saw a post saying RDS slow mo replay showed he hit him? Is this true? Anyone have a vid?

LoonieDeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Its sad. You are watching every game looking for things to fault Price on. Its clear you have your mind made up on him so you find examples to justify your opinion. Price played fine tonight despite the lopsided shot total. A pp goal in ot off a rebound, and he should have directed it further into the corner. Get a grip.
You are sad. An observation doesn't amount to blaming anyone, it's just an observation.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:50 PM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
Price played fine but Gauthier on antichamber had a good point ..he said more or less "Sometimes an elite goalie has to do a save he has no business doing and Price didn't do that".
Yes I can agree with that. But I find it hard to fault him on any of the goals tonight. Maybe the first one?
These low shot games are very hard to play in, and I thought he did well.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
It's cool. Last year we would have laughed it off as another loss. This year it's frustrating because they can actually use the points.
Exactly.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
+1000.

These people complain that we just want to find a scapegoat.
People with their own agendas come here and pick on certain players. You have to be blind no to see the garbage that's posted here after a loss. According to some, this should be acceptable.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfox View Post
I saw the TSN feed and didn't see Subban's stick hit the Sabre.
I saw a post saying RDS slow mo replay showed he hit him? Is this true? Anyone have a vid?
Of the RDS vid? Haven't seen it anywhere yet. It's clear it missed. Just think about the physics of the stick and watch the TSN video. What would happen if he clipped him? Aside from the fact it's clear it went right past his head, his stick didn't move a bit, which it would have.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:51 PM
sheed36

Luckily that POS Steve OTT didn't hurt Price when he fell over him on his OT goal. Someone needs to pound him to a pulp for that next game if he's still a Sabre.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
PK is today's goat, not much else too it.
So what? He'll be the next 20 games the hero...are we going to complain about that too? If they would have scored on the MaxPac penalty....Max would have been the zero as well. That's my MAXPAC, my avatar. My guy. Tell me if I'd trade him now.....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Domenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
"Bad penalty...especially with the effort the guys put in in the 2nd and 3rd...we'll take care of it and make sure it never happens again"

Therrien on PK's penalty.
Glad he said this. The thing to address 1st and foremost is why the Habs only showed up in the 2nd. Then move to Patch's goalie interference penalty killing momentum, and PK's "penalty".

Domenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
PK is today's goat, not much else too it.
PK is a great talent but he needed to look to make the simple play and he went for the big hit instead. He missed and was the victim of a bad call, unfortunately that put us in a pk situation which killed all the momentum of the third and Sabres shoot and goal. Game over, mistake admitted by PK and MT and what else can I say.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Guilliam

I'll be positive : Eller, Galchenyuk and Gallagher were just ****ing AWESOME!!!

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Forsead

Gionta was pretty good, but he has to bury thoses chances

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
People love to find a goat here. Either it's Price, PK or someone else. Sometimes you just lose games. Team didn't play well tonight.
the habs dominated the 2nd and 3rd. they played extremely well.

enroth was the difference, and the habs forwards missing the net.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

Quote:
And Boston lost!!!
First I heard of it - awesome!

Last edited by Davebo: 03-19-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
You are sad. An observation doesn't amount to blaming anyone, it's just an observation.
It is more twisting the result to fit your view, the way you say succulent rebound makes it seem like he has all the control in the world over the rebound when in reality he had pretty much zero as per the announcer. You conveniently left that part out when you mentioned the announcers comment about the rebound position.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
I'll be positive : Eller, Galchenyuk and Gallagher were just ****ing AWESOME!!!
And after reading all day how useless Armstrong is it was nice to see him with some soft hands to help the team earn a point.

Old
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

****ing refs, ****ing Ott, ****ing Enroth, ****ing sabres...

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Luckily that POS Steve OTT didn't hurt Price when he fell over him on his OT goal. Someone needs to pound him to a pulp for that next game if he's still a Sabre.
Was thinkng the same thing when I saw Price's head snap back while he was falling forward. Compare to King Henrik's dive in the rangers game. Where is Foolien to call that out?

Old
03-19-2013, 09:55 PM
durojean

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
He stopped the first shot that was hard and low which you can't control the rebound, it went directly to Ott's stick on other side of net, the only way goalies save those if the player misses the net.
You can control the rebound that's what great technical goaltender do all the time. Price when he's hot either gob the puck on the first shot or redirect the first shot where it's not a goal.

But it really was a hard thing to do that I wouldn't expect from an average goalie. Price is not supposed to be average ( yet he really is just that ) and that's what is frustrating me.

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dekar

Quote:
Well yes...that's often how it is. Is it better to blame Therrien? That seems to work in this board. The players....well the greater role the player plays, the more he might be praises or bashed. But that's limited to the actual game we're discussing. Anybody who wants Price or Subban traded because of one play isn't dumb enough to write on a board. So I'm not sure why we're talking about those people.
Why does there need to be blame at all? Hockey is about the bounces and calls sometimes. Bad call on the OT penalty, bad bounce for the winner (Price did get a piece of it, but it just bounced in, sometimes it won't). If anything there should be praise for gaining a point that we didn't deserve based on how lethargic the team collectively was for the first half game. If there's blame to be handed out, it's the team as a whole, but not every team plays to their fullest potential, has perfect chemistry, and has their full wheels every shift.

In the grand scheme of things, I'm pretty satisfied with this game's outcome, honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
You can control the rebound that's what great technical goaltender do all the time. Price when he's hot either gob the puck on the first shot or redirect the first shot where it's not a goal.

But it really was a hard thing to do that I wouldn't expect from an average goalie. Price is not supposed to be average ( yet he really is just that ) and that's what is frustrating me.
You control a rebound on a hard shot from the slot.

Last edited by Dekar: 03-19-2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: `
Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
People with their own agendas come here and pick on certain players. You have to be blind no to see the garbage that's posted here after a loss. According to some, this should be acceptable.
My God, it's not an agenda!! It was an error of judgement being discussed by fans on a message board. It could have been Boullion, Markov, Armstrong, Pacioretty... any player on the team. PK and Therrien admitted it, does that mean they are attacking themselves?

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
It is more twisting the result to fit your view, the way you say succulent rebound makes it seem like he has all the control in the world over the rebound when in reality he had pretty much zero as per the announcer. You conveniently left that part out when you used the announcer line mention the rebound position.
you are right, we should all stick with the Ref Screwed Us narrative so we can all get along.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Pacioretty's penalty was WAY worse than Subban's phantom call (which he caused by being reckless) IMO. Habs were lucky they didn't have Vanek.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote