HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 3-2 in OT

Old
03-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Habs 1909

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Also, Tinordi looks like he is ready for prime time. Bulldogs season will end without playoffs, Habs need him for the playoffs, they need to keep him up.
I wouldn't go that far that he's "ready for prime time". He is improving, but occasionally makes a few nervous plays like fumbling with the puck in his own zone, the delay of game penalty and the icing. He'll get better, but I don't think he's ready for the NHL full-time.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:09 PM
doc lafleur

That point Buffalo got may help them pass Calgary and we get a better pick, I can hope... Maybe Nashville also.

doc lafleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:10 PM
groovejuice

I hate smart phones....

groovejuice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Bullsmith

Came back from 2-0 in the third. Salvaged a point on a night their goalie outplayed ours.

In a way it's good that PK's the goat. Gives the team motivation to come out and close those kind of games out next time, and to be ruthless next game. It's a character test for the team this kind of game. If they turn on each other or the coach or PK, not a good sign. If they compete though the Pitt and Bos games coming up... they might actually be as good as their record. It was a brutal loss, and another point in the bank. Could've been 100% worse than it was.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bill McNeal

Pretty dumb stance for Therrien to take. Can only assume he hasn't seen the replay. Wanting your players to change their behavior because somebody else might screw up their job is a good way to have guys second guess themselves. It wasn't a missed hit that led to a scoring chance, it was a play that 999 times out of 1000 is called correctly.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JohnLennon

Great comeback. The Habs pretty much dominated the second and third periods. Enroth was great tonight and we couldn't bury the chances when we had them. In my opinion, the call on Subban was a bad call to make, especially in a situation in OT where the game gets much more intense.

That comeback would never have happened last season. Good game by the Habs, we were the obvious better team. We just have to seal the deal this Thursday.

PS. Eller is ****ing awesome.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
Why does there need to be blame at all? Hockey is about the bounces and calls sometimes. Bad call on the OT penalty, bad bounce for the winner (Price did get a piece of it, but it just bounced in, sometimes it won't). If anything there should be praise for gaining a point that we didn't deserve based on how lethargic the team collectively was for the first half game. If there's blame to be handed out, it's the team as a whole, but not every team plays to their fullest potential, has perfect chemistry, and has their full wheels every shift.

In the grand scheme of things, I'm pretty satisfied with this game's outcome, honestly.
A bit of Zen in an ocean of whine. Thanks for this.

Come on gentlemen, lighten up. Did you expect to go 20-0 for the rest of the season?? We sleepwalked through the first half of the game and still ended up with a point, plus we gained a point on Boston after their loss. We're playing two newborn rookies on regular shifts, meanwhile Prust and Bourque are closer to returning.

We are climbing, not sinking. Let's not lose perspective and become like some of Boston's fans.

YES, the call on Subban may have been off; YES, most of the roster was a disorganized, unmotivated mess. But these games happen. And guess what - they will again! I repeat - lighten up.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Is it really that difficult to analyze players performances objectively, without bias? Is it possible to accept that sometimes, very good players make mistakes and should be blamed, but that they also cannot be blamed for everything and do deserve credit for their great overall game?
Bias and agendas are the new "classless". Sooooo subjective. Thing is, we ALL love this or that player. We are human. We are not supposed objective journalists who don't really cheer for one team or another (and even that, I don't believe it). Being biased or having agendas are just about people who for just NO reasons, hate or love a guy ('cause you could have an agenda by LOVING a guy too, it works both ways as much as people won't want to see it). But when people do try to have somewhat of an argument of why they like or dislike a guy, EVEN IF YOU, ME OR ANYBODY ELSE disagrees...doesn't make you having an agenda. It makes you having your own educated opinion on things.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:11 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
This is getting funnier by the second...What agenda? So, when we bash Armstrong...do anybody object for the sake of PEOPLE HAVING AN AGENDA on the guy? But now that tops guys are being blamed for a stupid play...here's the agenda topic? When we don't like what Moen is bringing...what ageanda do we have? But when we praise Eller...what ageanda do we have?

Yes...it's a team sport....yet, we do praise our players....so again, the question...why can't we bash them when they deserved it?

And yes, we lost tonight 'cause we didn't play a good 60-minute game....Are people aware that you could also win a game by only playing a good 20-minute? Who the hell always win by playing 60 perfect minutes? We were playing a really bad opponent, that lost his best player in the middle of the game. We were going in OT with the momentum. We were ready to win this game. And with this parity, you can't lose those games. Besides, it's not true that all losses are the same. We were already accepting this loss if it would have ended up 2-0. We would have put it in the "bad day at work" column. But tonight with the comeback? We had to complete the work. It is a frustrating loss. We are now moving on....but we have a right to voice our opinion when it happens....

You can bash whoever you want. In a game when the entire team save for a few guys sucked, it's the same guys who are getting bashed. The minute Price lets in a goal you have those with their own anti-Price agenda talking all kinds of crap. If you think that's OK, then so be it. I think it's pathetic.

Where was DD tonight? Moen? White?

An opinion is much different than calling a player "stupid" or wanting to buy out your captain. Fickle crowd. Win = Cup Lose = trade everyone

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc lafleur View Post
That point Buffalo got may help them pass Calgary and we get a better pick, I can hope... Maybe Nashville also.
Well here's a nice way to see it....geez, I'd hope we didn't comeback after all....

Old
03-19-2013, 11:12 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Good luck trying to get subban to stop going for big hits. I'm sure if he pulled off the hit people would be kissing his feet, instead he takes a phantom call and then he gets blamed for the loss. Sure pk made a mistake and shouldn't have taken the penalty(even though it wasn't) but to blame him specifically for the loss is ridiculous.
Pretty much how I feel. I get that he needs to pick his spots, but I didn't think it was a particularly high risk play. Nobody knew how the refs would call that a high stick. It's never happened before. And when PK goes for those, he doesn't do it needing to hit the guy. He makes sure that if he misses, the player is nowhere near the puck. He got called for the oddest thing. I hope he doesn't stop that. He probably won't in OT cuz MT won't let him, but that kind of hit, aside from fans loving it, has a huge effect on the game. Neutering him for it cuz the ref failed could prevent him from making a momentum changing hit in the playoffs. Of course, the refs could make another horrible call, but seriously, I just don't get how they called that aside from the fact that they were looking to call him on something. Total blind eye to the Sabres for the second half of that game.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:12 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Pretty dumb stance for Therrien to take. Can only assume he hasn't seen the replay. Wanting your players to change their behavior because somebody else might screw up their job is a good way to have guys second guess themselves. It wasn't a missed hit that led to a scoring chance, it was a play that 999 times out of 1000 is called correctly.
I'd say even if it wasn't called, PK would have been out of position so I kind of see where Therrien's coming from. The problem is the fans and media here will make a big deal out of it.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Nedved

ot: couple boxing matches in the blues, canucks game.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Great comeback. The Habs pretty much dominated the second and third periods. Enroth was great tonight and we couldn't bury the chances when we had them. In my opinion, the call on Subban was a bad call to make, especially in a situation in OT where the game gets much more intense.

That comeback would never have happened last season. Good game by the Habs, we were the obvious better team. We just have to seal the deal this Thursday.

PS. Eller is ****ing awesome.
I'm lovin' watching Eller discover his new super-power of out-muscling players off the puck. Those extra pounds plus his quick hands and feet have finally morphed him into a stud!

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:14 PM
Craig71

[QUOTE=Aceekay;62005571]Good luck trying to get subban to stop going for big hits. I'm sure if he pulled off the hit people would be kissing his feet, instead he takes a phantom call and then he gets blamed for the loss. Sure pk made a mistake and shouldn't have taken the penalty(even though it wasn't) but to blame him specifically for the loss is ridiculous.[/QUOT

Ok, lets take the name off the jersey and just say that our defenseman went for a big hit, missed and got a penalty and we got scored on by the players wearing jerseys that looked different than ours.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
I blame him for playing stupid hockey

All night long
It's actually true that I thought he was far worse in the first half of the game. I'm more upset for him fumbling and making bad choices earlier than for what happened at the end.

Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well here's a nice way to see it....geez, I'd hope we didn't comeback after all....
We need to at least get one point, we still allowed Buffalo to get two and all those scouts will now overbid on the Ottawa players. Ott will cost some team a 1st rounder after scoring two goals

Now the bad thing is Buffalo will get a bunch of good picks

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:16 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Subban shouldn't have run at the sabre and the loss sucks..but **** happens and did you guys see Eller?! and galchenyuk and gallagher

man o man....we have a team..this team can win this year. we're no joke...we're the real deal....bergevin will bulk next year.....next year this time is when he will be going hard at missing pieces...and thats how it should be...but even standing pat this year we are still a contender...this team is scaary.

dreamingofdrouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:17 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
You can bash whoever you want. In a game when the entire team save for a few guys sucked, it's the same guys who are getting bashed. The minute Price lets in a goal you have those with their own anti-Price agenda talking all kinds of crap. If you think that's OK, then so be it. I think it's pathetic.

Where was DD tonight? Moen? White?

An opinion is much different than calling a player "stupid" or wanting to buy out your captain. Fickle crowd. Win = Cup Lose = trade everyone
Yet, i also believe that what's equally pathetic is people protecting some of their players like he's never done anything wrong. If the idea is to try and have some nice debate and conversation, everything else that doesn't permit it, is indeed EQUALLY pathetic....The fact that you can't write on a freakin GAME DAY THREAD that Price gave a bad goal or you'll be called "having an agenda" or that it has to mean that you want him traded for a 7th rounder is equally pathetic. If that's what you mean...yet, I do agree. And personnaly, to keep repeating that lose = trade everybody, is just not made for a decent debate as it's totally untrue, makes no sense, and never happened in here. But if you think that's fine....

Old
habtastic

I don't get how Enroth is considered to have been awesome. He just stood in front of a net that for most of the game had pucks flying past it. We shot right into his chest all night. He made maybe 2-3 good saves and the save at the end with 17 secs left was terrific. That's it though. If anything, if it were Price (or any Habs goalie), he would be getting flamed for letting that lead go and if you ignore that once we went to OT, there was no play in their zone.

Old
MarkovsKnee

It looked to me like Subban's stick knocked Pysk's noggin. In any case, no way should he be making a hit like that. He whiffs, which he did, he's completely out of play. P.K. needs to be smarter than that.

I'd like to see Price learn to re-direct pucks into the corner or against the wall. Roy was a master at that. He could kick the puck into dead areas or sweep the puck away. Price isn't really good at making a quick 2nd move. It was a poor rebound to give up.

Habs played a crap 1st period especially Patches and DD, but then dominated the rest of the game. We should've won this one.

The only good news is that the Bruins lost. However, if they win that game in hand in regulation or OT they take over 1st.

Isles are next. Another team we have difficulty with.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:18 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I didn't see the game just the PK hit... I don't really see the big deal here. He did get his stick up but I don't think it hit anyone. That being said it's hardly a BS call... at full speed it sure looks like a high stick.

Whatever... not the worst play in the world and I don't see why folks are making such a big deal out of it.

Can somebody (other than careycosts or Durojean) tell me how Price played tonight?
Price was very good. No chance on any of the goals.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:18 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Eller is SO GOOD.

Holy ****. He is SO GOOD.

Eller !! Another dominating performance by the Danish !!

IMO, Eller is clearly playing like a 1st line centerman right now !! Hopefully, MT will start to give him more PP time soon.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:19 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
We need to at least get one point, we still allowed Buffalo to get two and all those scouts will now overbid on the Ottawa players. Ott will cost some team a 1st rounder after scoring two goals

Now the bad thing is Buffalo will get a bunch of good picks
Yah but luckily their managment is a bigger gongshow than calgary...they're calgary east.

dreamingofdrouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:20 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

if it was anybody else but subban doing that play, literally eeeeverybody would be screaming to hang him by the balls.

but it's subban, so then it's ok, 'breath, we still got 17 points out of 18!'

'why must we always look for scapegoats?'

nothing wrong with calling a spade, a spade. he's young and he'll learn, but his selfish play cost us the extra point, in the same way that white cost us points earlier this season - and there is nothing wrong with pointing it out! doesn't mean we hate him; christ people stop defending him like he's family.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote