Notices

Chia's biggest mistake as a Bruins GM

Old
03-20-2013, 07:19 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1966 View Post
Relax man...Looch will bounce back just like the B's will and they are still doing well eventhough they have lost 2 games in a row.

You can't blame it on one guy,C'mon... we only that kind of comments from habs fans...
who`d gladly take Looch off our hands in spite of the boo`s that fall from the nosebleeds at the Bell Center

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:25 AM
RetiredWBC8

vCash: 1000
Not sure if it's his fault, but his 2007-2009 drafts were horrible. "Tougher to play against" he he takes soft players like Hamill and Colborne.

To be determined....Was it a mistake to lock all these players up long term? They don't seem too hungry anymore...that being said, is refreshing to have a GM have the conviction he does...no more MOC summer of the holdout..

RetiredWBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:33 AM
Lucic6217

Drafting Colborne over Eberle and Carlson.

The scary part is, if Chia did draft Eberle or Carlson, would either of them been the piece for Kaberle? Then again, the Bruins won the Cup with Kaberle's assistance.

Lucic6217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:33 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Not sure if it's his fault, but his 2007-2009 drafts were horrible. "Tougher to play against" he he takes soft players like Hamill and Colborne.

To be determined....Was it a mistake to lock all these players up long term? They don't seem too hungry anymore...that being said, is refreshing to have a GM have the conviction he does...no more MOC summer of the holdout..
Almost feels like a darn if you do, darn if you don`t kind of thing. You and other "mature posters"recall the steady stream of Bruin players who walked, weren`t re-signed etc...and we all screamed at Mngt for it as they went onto other destinations in years gone by

I`m not always on board with the $$ Chia signs these players for, but this GM is smart, bloody smart, and I have to think, when he signs a player(s), he`s already thinking about the financial implications that will occur down the road, he`s not a reactionary GM which I appreciate

Old
03-20-2013, 07:35 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic6217 View Post
Drafting Colborne over Eberle and Carlson.

The scary part is, if Chia did draft Eberle or Carlson, would either of them been the piece for Kaberle? Then again, the Bruins won the Cup with Kaberle's assistance.
Yet we could look at all 29 other teams and dissect their drafts too and put forth lists of just as many "mistakes" as Chia has made, such an imperfect Science

Old
03-20-2013, 07:38 AM
Spooner st

I can smell the sewers... That means the rats are not far.

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Scotto74
taking a break

Dave Lewis far and away the worst thing he has done as Bruins GM. It's not even close.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:47 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
Dave Lewis far and away the worst thing he has done as Bruins GM. It's not even close.
Ironically, one of his wisest moves was to correct that mistake

I wonder, for those who recall, this Bruins team was awful, Lewis or not, I have to think finding a coach was tough, sure they had Savvy and Z signed but outside of that, not much in the cupboard

Old
03-20-2013, 07:50 AM
rudos1

Sure Lucic is in a bit of a down period but he will be there when it counts most in the playofffs and his value to the Bruins goes beyond his stats, he is a big fan favorite and puts fans in the seats and sells merch. He is a bargain at 6 mil and I am sure everyone in the org thinks that as well.

rudos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:14 AM
spokedB44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
He's put up 60 points each of the last two years.

Straight up lunacy.
Agreed. How many players in the NHL can do what Lucic and Horton did against Washington every night? Zero. The key is being consistent and I agree they have not been. However, asking them to play the wrecking ball game night after night is lunacy. They need to bring it when the situation calls for it. Last night both teams played hard. Fights and running around was not needed. I have more issue with Seguin in game like last night. This guy needs to produce with the man advantage. He was brutal on the half wall.

spokedB44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:40 AM
BklyNBruiN

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
lol, actually after one game my friend!!
I know, this is crazy. I have not one bad thing to say about Lucic's game. Chia's biggest mistake this is BS.
6mil is peanuts.. For what he brings! please its worth it.

BklyNBruiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:46 AM
BklyNBruiN

Quote:
Originally Posted by spokedB44 View Post
Agreed. How many players in the NHL can do what Lucic and Horton did against Washington every night? Zero. The key is being consistent and I agree they have not been. However, asking them to play the wrecking ball game night after night is lunacy. They need to bring it when the situation calls for it. Last night both teams played hard. Fights and running around was not needed. I have more issue with Seguin in game like last night. This guy needs to produce with the man advantage. He was brutal on the half wall.
Exactly! Thank you!! Where the f.. was Seguin? that kid is so dam soft! Same moves over and over. He gets a pass tho he is 21.

Seguin take notice of Bergeron!!! Bergy played last night like a man possessed to win at all cost's. He had a tremendous game last night.

Last edited by BklyNBruiN: 03-20-2013 at 08:51 AM.
BklyNBruiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:59 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Lucic played a fantastic game Saturday and by Tuesday night he's horrible

I'm sure Boston could find a taker for him and his contract

always interesting to see who's house we are egging or tossing toilet paper at- Looch its your turn baby

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:03 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Lucic played a fantastic game Saturday and by Tuesday night he's horrible

I'm sure Boston could find a taker for him and his contract

always interesting to see who's house we are egging or tossing toilet paper at- Looch its your turn baby
I see a Looch banging and crashing when he can, my biggest issue with him now is it seems as though he`s looking for that perfect NHL13 set up, love to see him fire that puck, get a little selfish

Old
03-20-2013, 09:17 AM
PsychoDad

Im so ****ing sick of these threads. Team is sitting in the 5th place leaguewide while having a very tough schedule with a pretty much no breaks at all and loses some games. Lets trade Lucic and Rask for Semin.

PsychoDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Lewis first by a country mile...

2nd place is letting Ryder walk (a 60pts 3rd liner seems like a dream these days)

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:25 AM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Winning a Stanley Cup

03-20-2013, 09:34 AM
Concessionaire
The devil you know.

vCash: 780
I'm willing to cut Lucic some slack. This is a weird, condensed season, and Lucic's style of play (when he's on) requires a lot of energy and physicality. He's just not going to be able to bring it to every game while the Bs keep playing these stretches of three games in four days.

I'll feel criticism is warranted if Lucic doesn't show up for the playoffs.

Concessionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:34 AM
TCL40

I don't think Chia is great at drafting (although Seguin and Hamilton were no brainers and pretty easy).

I think right now Chia is too cautious and is unwilling to give up assets to get assets. He would rather stand pat than than take risks and I think that is likely going to hurt us.

I also think Chia may be overly attached to the team that won the cup. His strength seems to be more in making trades, but this strength doesn't much come into play, because I think he is reluctant to trade any of the cup palyers.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:36 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
I don't think Chia is great at drafting (although Seguin and Hamilton were no brainers and pretty easy).

I think right now Chia is too cautious and is unwilling to give up assets to get assets. He would rather stand pat than than take risks and I think that is likely going to hurt us.

I also think Chia may be overly attached to the team that won the cup. His strength seems to be more in making trades, but this strength doesn't much come into play, because I think he is reluctant to trade any of the cup palyers.
Final choices are up to Chia, and I`m sure he see`s many prospect play, but I have to believe, the Amateur scouts are pretty much the guys who either make a strong case for their respective GM`s to either pick or pass? Someone here closer to the game could clarify.

Chia takes the heat, but truthfully, I have to think there`s no way he is able to see half the kids they select more than a few times?

Old
03-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Turk 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Letting Ryder walk (not a bad move per-say) and replacing him with an inferior player in Pouliot. Then letting Pouliot walk and replacing him with an even more inferior player in Chris Bourque.

0 players out of 07-08-09 drafts also killed us
I agree with this.

As for Looch, it falls on the coaching staff to get him to perform more consistently. PP woes also on coaching staff.

Turk 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:44 AM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
The O'Connell regime had some string drafts, but they had their fair share of duds as well.

Moral of the story-drafting is far from an exact science. A lot of it comes down to timing. It helps to royally suck at the right time and get a Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Tavares, Stamkos etc.

smithformeragent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Ratty

Obviously we won a Cup with Peverly. And he did well last year on a very good third line. But I wonder, in light of Wheeler's development, whether PC erred in shipping him and Mark Stuart out for Pevs?

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Obviously we won a Cup with Peverly. And he did well last year on a very good third line. But I wonder, in light of Wheeler's development, whether PC erred in shipping him and Mark Stuart out for Pevs?
You don't sacrifice a past cup for a slightly better chance at a couple down the road.

Kelly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:05 AM
ranold26
Oh them Bruins.....

I like how this thread was created right after our loss to the Jets.

All this thread is missing, is some Red Rider...

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote