HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #29: at Colorado, 3/20 (8:30 PM, Fox Sports Southwest Plus, 1310 AM, 104.1 FM)

Old
03-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Brand New Stars

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
The guy had no idea how bad this Dallas team truly is.
He chased money. I don't think he cared considering he could easily get his wish of being traded to a contender.

Brand New Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:42 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Quote:
Originally Posted by catters078 View Post
09 - with Cowan and Kulikov avaialble

"with the 8th pick in the draft the dallas stars select Scott Glennie"

10 - with fowler and Gormly available

"with the 11th pick in the draft the dallas stars select jack campbell"

I think this year i will reserve my emotions until after the pick is made
But you're kinda missing the last two years which have been good for us.

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:44 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB Stars View Post
But you're kinda missing the last two years which have been good for us.
And the fact that Fowler and Gromley still aren't anything special, and Campbell is slowly turning into what people expected him to be. Not to mention outside of the 1st round in 09 and 10 they did a hell of a job ... especially 09.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:45 PM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand New Stars View Post
He chased money. I don't think he cared considering he could easily get his wish of being traded to a contender.
The team has run into injuries and Jagr never chased the money, he wanted to go to a team where he would play big minutes and play a huge role on the offense, the Stars have given him that.

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
And the fact that Fowler and Gromley still aren't anything special, and Campbell is slowly turning into what people expected him to be. Not to mention outside of the 1st round in 09 and 10 they did a hell of a job ... especially 09.
No doubt, if we had taken Fowler, he would be absolutely awful and fans would be calling for his head.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:49 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
No doubt, if we had taken Fowler, he would be absolutely awful and fans would be calling for his head.
You can argue both ways on this.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:50 PM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
R. Smith's confidence is shot. He has to go down now. I don't know how this team manages to do it to young players who were going great before they got here but they do.
The team seems to do pretty well with forwards. Eriksson, Neal, and Benn all turned out fine. Eakin and Roussel have done well this season. Smith just isn't quite ready. They need to realize that and send him back to Austin. It's weird because Smith is the first forward in some time that they've pushed in the NHL before they were really ready.

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:53 PM
txomisc

Quote:
or perhaps the stars would have brought him along more slowly than the ducks did and he'd be making a positive impact now

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:54 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
or perhaps the stars would have brought him along more slowly than the ducks did and he'd be making a positive impact now
Doubtful.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:55 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Doubtful.
i dont know. the stars havent exactly seemed like a team that wants to play an 18 year old dman unless he blows the doors off

as it is he is a 22 year old dman with over 70 career points. The guy has a very bright future ahead of him.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:57 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

I still and never will understand don't get how this organization turns over half the locker-room with veterans who know what it takes to win...turns over half the D-men to rookies from winning organizations and with chips on their shoulder... and still manages to have the same damn lifeless drive to win.

Jagr..Whitney...Dillon...Eakin.. The new guys are playing their hearts out. They were brought into to change the culture in the room. And yet somehow it persists, even though half the people from last year aren't' there anymore. And I bet even if we trade Morrow et all, it'll still be there.

Is lackadaisical play and no killer instinct the freaking water or something? Is it a lack of systems to allow players to realize that drive? I don't get it.

Last week I was pissed. Now I'm just sad. There's quite a few moves that need to get made to have this organization successful in the future. And #1 priority IMO, more than even getting assets for Morrow and Roy, is getting Smith and Oleksiak back in the minors and not ruining their development. Will be a tragic shame if one bad season stagnates them ala Niskanen.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:00 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
Last week I was pissed. Now I'm just sad.
Yep. Too true.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:04 AM
SonicSpeedDash
20% Cooler

Quote:
I still and never will understand don't get how this organization turns over half the locker-room with veterans who know what it takes to win...turns over half the D-men to rookies from winning organizations and with chips on their shoulder... and still manages to have the same damn lifeless drive to win.

Jagr..Whitney...Dillon...Eakin.. The new guys are playing their hearts out. They were brought into to change the culture in the room. And yet somehow it persists, even though half the people from last year aren't' there anymore. And I bet even if we trade Morrow et all, it'll still be there.

Is lackadaisical play and no killer instinct the freaking water or something? Is it a lack of systems to allow players to realize that drive? I don't get it.

Last week I was pissed. Now I'm just sad. There's quite a few moves that need to get made to have this organization successful in the future. And #1 priority IMO, more than even getting assets for Morrow and Roy, is getting Smith and Oleksiak back in the minors and not ruining their development. Will be a tragic shame if one bad season stagnates them ala Niskanen.
The problem i think is not having a good coaching staff to really light fire under their *****. Gully is weak and can't do it, he is emotionless on the bench and shows no fire to do anything.

Until they get a coach who can show passion, we are screwed. Getting rid of Tippett was a big ****ing mistake.

SonicSpeedDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:09 AM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSpeed View Post
The problem i think is not having a good coaching staff to really light fire under their *****. Gully is weak and can't do it, he is emotionless on the bench and shows no fire to do anything.

Until they get a coach who can show passion, we are screwed. Getting rid of Tippett was a big ****ing mistake.
they had the same problems during tippets time and it got progressively worse. People were constantly *****ing that he always had the same look on his face no matter what was going on.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:09 AM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quotes:

Quote:
Stars coach Glen Gulutzan

“I think we played well enough to win and then invented a way to lose. What does that tell you?”

“We’ve got to be better at what we do. We’ve got to be more confident. All of a sudden, we can’t even make plays towards the end. We can’t even make a pass.”

“We played well enough to win, but we found a way to give it away.”

Stars forward Jaromir Jagr on not giving up leads in games

“You have to learn it. That’s the only way you can do it. We have a lot of young guys here that have to learn through this. I don’t think we are realizing it’s a playoff game for us every game from now on. I don’t think we play it like a playoff game. We play it like game number four at the start of the season. We cannot do that if we want to make the playoffs. “

Stars defenseman Trevor Daley

“It’s pretty disappointing. We’ve got to find ways to play complete games. When you’ve got a two-goal lead you’ve got to find ways to put teams away.”

“We’ve got to forget about this one, move on, go into L.A. and get two points.
You know, the bolded is something every hockey player says. But honeslty, I think its something Dallas does TOO much. They NEED to remember this. They NEED to remember Chicago. Hockey players always say you can't do that or it'll eat you up... but this team doesn't learn from its mistakes...

Old
03-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Tippett was a good coach, but his time here was up. He definitely isn't the guy that's going to be showing emotion for sure.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:

A legit top pairing on defense would also be helpful. Looking to players like Robidas and Goligoski to anchor your defense is asking for trouble.

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:11 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
We’ve got to be better at what we do. We’ve got to be more confident. All of a sudden, we can’t even make plays towards the end. We can’t even make a pass.”
I am so sick of hearing "we've got to be better at what we do."

Y'all are perfecting what you do the best! Blowing leads (this season at least) and losing games. This system or whatever it is, clearly is a complete fail.

I can't honestly remember a night we've played a full 60 minutes under Gully at all.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:14 AM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

http://video.stars.nhl.com/videocent...25130&catid=-6

Gully mad at the team for helping expedite his trip to the Unemployment line.

He also pointed out shift length as another thing that got more lax after going up 3-2...

Old
03-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

O'Reilly just given an assist on the GWG. Believe that gave him a 3 point night.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:15 AM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Tippett was a good coach, but his time here was up. He definitely isn't the guy that's going to be showing emotion for sure.
While that is arguable, he had a vastly better chance of taking the team to the playoffs than Crawford or GG- which is what JN has ALSO wanted.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:16 AM
starsfan24
Drunkkkkk

Really Gully? Did we honestly play well enough to win? IMO no.

starsfan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
While that is arguable, he had a vastly better chance of taking the team to the playoffs than Crawford or GG- which is what JN has ALSO wanted.
Hindsight is 20/20.

Anyways who the hell cares? I'm tired of living in the past about this coach or this draft pick every loss. Just need to look to the future for once and not waste our talent/assets.

Old
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

There's no doubt in my mind we would've made the playoffs with Tippett as head coach in that season where all we had to win was Minnesota.

He's a better coach than Crawford/Gully combined. But emotion wise, he barely showed any outside of Game 6 4 OT.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:17 AM
SonicSpeedDash
20% Cooler

Ok using Tippett, bad example. Man makes me wish we got Bruce Boudreau when he was available.

Look at the Ducks now.

SonicSpeedDash is offline   Reply With Quote