HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Stars @ Avs | 3/20/13 | 7:30 MT | Réservoir Jusqu'au Niveau Maximum!

Old
03-21-2013, 06:47 AM
El_Loco_Avs

vCash: 500
Anyways. Just saw the condensed game. Hedja fought? Why was that?

And what happened around that big hit on Lando?

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 07:01 AM
Freudian
calmer than you are

vCash: 50
O'Reilly doesn't look much faster than last year but he's faster while carrying the puck and better at keeping it away from defenders while going around them.

He's very good at gaining the offensive zone. I've been impressed.

Last edited by Freudian: 03-21-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Danglesnipe
52-22-8

Saw bits and pieces of the game.

Pretty disappointed right now, going through the full 'What it feels like to be a Flames fan' routine. -Win a couple big games, lose a couple 'easy' games, stay mediocre, possibly avoiding a lottery pick but not being good enough for playoffs.

Danglesnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:31 AM
bohlmeister
Horny for Offense!

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Loco_Avs View Post
Anyways. Just saw the condensed game. Hedja fought? Why was that?

And what happened around that big hit on Lando?
I wouldn't doubt Hejda's fight had a large part in us winning that game. Fired the boys up.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:45 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Yeah, Staz looked fine. In fact this was probably the most physical I've seen him play in a long time. It was odd seeing him initiate the contact.

Duchene on the other hand just didn't have it tonight. But he's allowed a few off games, can't be in beast mode every night.

Who knew ROR would play better with the 3rd liners and not Lando.
Only part I disagree with is ROR playing better away from Landeskog.

When Sacco finally put those two back together, the first shift resulted in a Landeskog goal. I think ROR works good with players who are blue-collar, bust-my-ass type of workers, which Lando is, as well as most of your 3rd liners.

But expecting ROR to get this point output from ONLY playing with 3rd liners? It won't work, they (the 3rd/4th liners) will come back down to earth at some point.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes, they call me on and on across the universe - The Beatles
RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Bubba Thudd
Come At Me, Bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Only part I disagree with is ROR playing better away from Landeskog.

When Sacco finally put those two back together, the first shift resulted in a Landeskog goal. I think ROR works good with players who are blue-collar, bust-my-ass type of workers, which Lando is, as well as most of your 3rd liners.

But expecting ROR to get this point output from ONLY playing with 3rd liners? It won't work, they (the 3rd/4th liners) will come back down to earth at some point.
Your avatar should have McCartney instead of the Avs logo, with the Optimus Prime mask (or whatever that is)

03-21-2013, 08:54 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Your avatar should have McCartney instead of the Avs logo, with the Optimus Prime mask (or whatever that is)
It should!

LeafsRocket made it for me a while ago....I wonder if he could do it again!?

Or if someone else has Photoshop skill (because I sure as hell don't have any) if they could do it?

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:29 AM
Landeskog The Viking
Duchene The Boss

vCash: 281
Lol.. damn, heebs is a hater, i didn't know it was so common for goalies to have about 9.10 save% while 3.00GAA. "team" stat more so imo, and if we had the right coach/system, EJ would put up points probably about, 30-40. but heebs probably don't see what EJ's capable of, like when he blazes out of our zone carrying and handling the puck better then most of our forwards. saccos gotta go, unless there keeping him till we've accumulated enough lottery picks.

Landeskog The Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:35 AM
AslanRH
Eternal Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip2mybordeleau View Post
i may get a bit of flack for this, but based on tonight's result, i would want duke to sit. pajamas is doing everything he can, hejduk has been more of a ghost at a frequent basis this season.
I don't disagree, but RW is rough for this team with Jones coasting through games right now. Would not mind giving McLeod the day off since Hejda had to do the fighting anyway.

Stastny-Dutch-PAP (really think Stats on the wing needs evaluated) 3 very good passers could make for some pressure
Landy-ROR-Palushaj
McGinn-Mitchell-Hejduk
Bords-Olver-Kobasew

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Danglesnipe
52-22-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeskog The Viking View Post
Lol.. damn, heebs is a hater, i didn't know it was so common for goalies to have about 9.10 save% while 3.00GAA. "team" stat more so imo, and if we had the right coach/system, EJ would put up points probably about, 30-40. but heebs probably don't see what EJ's capable of, like when he blazes out of our zone carrying and handling the puck better then most of our forwards. saccos gotta go, unless there keeping him till we've accumulated enough lottery picks.
Pretty hard to speculate that imo.

Danglesnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:53 AM
WornWithPride
24 cups? Who cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Mode View Post
Saw bits and pieces of the game.

Pretty disappointed right now, going through the full 'What it feels like to be a Flames fan' routine. -Win a couple big games, lose a couple 'easy' games, stay mediocre, possibly avoiding a lottery pick but not being good enough for playoffs.
This.

Team needs to avoid winning too many games. Top 5 pick would be an awesome position this year. But if we're honest, this team is much better than a bottom 5 team. As is, I'd place Col at 15-20 in the league. We have goaltending, forward crew is near top end, and well, there's the Defence........

WornWithPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:02 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

So I didn't watch the game except the last 5 minutes or so, and we won. So I am either the good luck guy for the tank, or the bad luck guy for the playoffs.

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:28 AM
klozge
Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WornWithPride View Post
This.

Team needs to avoid winning too many games. Top 5 pick would be an awesome position this year. But if we're honest, this team is much better than a bottom 5 team. As is, I'd place Col at 15-20 in the league. We have goaltending, forward crew is near top end, and well, there's the Defence........
It's important to win a game every now and then. There has to be something to make the boys optimistic about the next season. Dallas will react and win the next game and we'll be on pace for a very nice draft pick again.
I think this team with this defense and especially with the coaching (it's not only Sacco who's doing a poor job) is a bottom 5 team in the league.

I'm optimistic and say we'll get our top 3 pick, get good coaches, finish the rebuild at the deadline next year and hopefully grab a playoff spot.

klozge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
I'm fine tanking this season at this point. We can't make the playoffs without an 06-07 style run, we aren't capable of winning with Sacco and the guys (bar Staz) are young enough that it can't hurt too bad.

Only thing I worry about is that if we were building a winning culture like Detroit guys might take a discount to re-sign and we could build a well rounded team.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:35 AM
The Shermanator
Knee Brace Season

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Perfect. Now where is McLeod's face?

The Shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:36 AM
iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WornWithPride View Post
This.

What???

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:05 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

I would like Seth Jones just like majority of you as well, but I do not want the team to keep losing to achieve this suckyness.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:20 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I would like Seth Jones just like majority of you as well, but I do not want the team to keep losing to achieve this suckyness.
I agree... I just want Sacco gone. Beyond that I never want to lose another game.

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:34 PM
avalanchuck

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I agree... I just want Sacco gone. Beyond that I never want to lose another game.
Well I guess we keep posting the GDT in french?

avalanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:58 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
O'Reilly doesn't look much faster than last year but he's faster while carrying the puck and better at keeping it away from defenders while going around them.

He's very good at gaining the offensive zone. I've been impressed.

Derek Roy is a POS. Dives more then anyone in the history of diving. Does anyone have the Mcleod face yet?

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Freudian
calmer than you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
Perfect. Now where is McLeod's face?

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:08 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I'm fine tanking this season at this point. We can't make the playoffs without an 06-07 style run, we aren't capable of winning with Sacco and the guys (bar Staz) are young enough that it can't hurt too bad.

Only thing I worry about is that if we were building a winning culture like Detroit guys might take a discount to re-sign and we could build a well rounded team.
Were gonna need about 7 million reasons for Duchene to stay. Thank god this guy was an Avs fan growing up.

Old
03-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Yeah, I have never, and will never actively "root" for the team to tank. But even I'm wary of the fact that a winning streak will only prolong Sacco's tenure, and it needs to end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeskog The Viking View Post
I think that's the most frustrating aspect of EJ. The talent is there, the consistency is not. What you're describing happens far too seldom. I hope the Avs actually go out and get a legit top-four defenseman this offseason and actually clear roster spots for Elliott/Barrie, but I think even after that we'll still be questioning whether EJ is truly capable of more on a consistent basis, or if he's just going to level off as a good, but not great defender.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:09 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
hahahah you can have my vbookie dollars haha that gif is aawesome thanks

Old
03-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Ivan13
Problem child

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Derek Roy is a POS. Dives more then anyone in the history of diving. Does anyone have the Mcleod face yet?
Their team is full of POS's, from Roy, to Nystrom (I can't believe he's Bob's son), Roussel, Dillon, Benn etc.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote