HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Worcester Sharks / San Francisco news thread III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-20-2013, 04:22 PM
  #401
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksohnoes! View Post
How did I miss this? Such a bummer. Sivak was really the only truly exciting player to watch.
You follow the wrong people on twitter.

210 is offline  
Old
09-24-2013, 02:23 PM
  #402
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 59,821
vCash: 500
Sstalberg8 12:07pm via Twitter for iPhone Good first day @WorcesterSharks training camp! Excited to get things going! #boyslookinggood

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
09-24-2013, 03:28 PM
  #403
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 59,821
vCash: 500
http://sfbulls.com/news/sf-bulls-add...unch-up-front/

Quote:
The San Francisco Bulls Professional Hockey Team, proud affiliate of the San Jose Sharks, announced today that center Brett Parnham and right wing Dale Mitchell have agreed to terms and will join the Bulls’ Training Camp roster. The Bulls begin Training Camp on Saturday, October 5 at the Cow Palace.

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
09-27-2013, 09:23 PM
  #404
Falstaff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Fun time at the preseason game tonight, 2-1 over Providence. GWG scored by noted sniper Jimmy Bonneau!

Falstaff is offline  
Old
09-27-2013, 10:09 PM
  #405
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 59,821
vCash: 500
http://www.telegram.com/article/2013...309269913/1009
Article on new AHL GM Joe Will and the organizations attempts to reverse the "March Fade" (and missing the playoffs).

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
09-27-2013, 10:29 PM
  #406
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Fun time at the preseason game tonight, 2-1 over Providence. GWG scored by noted sniper Jimmy Bonneau!
It was an absolute laser that beat Malcolm Subban clean and almost ripped through the back of the net....or at least that's what Bonneau will tell people when Subban is an NHL star.


210 is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 12:54 AM
  #407
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 59,821
vCash: 500
http://sfbulls.com/news/sf-bulls-add...key-ops-staff/

Bulls hire two Zachs. One as (head) athletic trainer, one as (head) equipment manager.

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 07:01 AM
  #408
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,369
vCash: 500
From Sharkspage.com:
WorSharks defeat Providence 2-1 in preseason action

210 is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 09:16 AM
  #409
sr228
Registered User
 
sr228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
http://www.telegram.com/article/2013...309269913/1009
Article on new AHL GM Joe Will and the organizations attempts to reverse the "March Fade" (and missing the playoffs).
I figured Joe Will taking over the GM job would mean cultural changes are coming, he's really very good at his job.

I know this is just an article and as of now all 'talk', and as long as Sommer is the head coach those cultural changes are going to be difficult to make but maybe this is finally the year that Sommer is on a short leash (yes 210, I'm again going with blind optimism).

sr228 is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 04:37 PM
  #410
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,369
vCash: 500
Konrad Abeltshauser with another goal today...WorSharks lost 3-1.

210 is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 06:59 PM
  #411
dmband
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Konrad Abeltshauser with another goal today...WorSharks lost 3-1.
What's the over under for goals scored for this years team 152?

More blah blah blah from Will. Talking about awareness about crunch time collapses while keeping the coaching staff is a joke. Glad to hear the Bulls are "loaded" in the event of call up needs.

At least petrecki is back.

dmband is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 08:27 PM
  #412
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
What's the over under for goals scored for this years team 152?

More blah blah blah from Will. Talking about awareness about crunch time collapses while keeping the coaching staff is a joke. Glad to hear the Bulls are "loaded" in the event of call up needs.

At least petrecki is back.
167.5

210 is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 08:30 PM
  #413
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 59,821
vCash: 500
http://sfbulls.com/news/defenseman-s...-by-worcester/

Tarasuk cut from AHL Worcester camp and assigned to ECHL SF.

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 09:07 PM
  #414
dmband
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
167.5
I'll take the under unless KA can get 30!

dmband is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 02:00 PM
  #415
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 59,821
vCash: 500
WorcesterSharks 10:37am via TweetDeck #WorSharks release Kris Belan and Luke Judson from training camp roster.


ECHL-signed players. Back to ECHL SF.


WorcesterSharks 10:38am via TweetDeck #WorSharks assign Ryan McDonough and Collin Bowman to the @SFBulls #ECHL


Two more gone from camp (to accept the 3+ coming from SJ).


WorcesterSharks 10:40am via TweetDeck Take a look at the updated #WorSharks training camp roster as of 1pm today. sharksahl.com/assets/team/20

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
10-01-2013, 12:38 PM
  #416
sr228
Registered User
 
sr228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,306
vCash: 500
It looks like Worcester's roster is set, for the time being anyway. I'm a bit disappointed Crane was sent to SF instead of another forward but aside from that it looks like they made all the correct roster moves.

Worcester Sharks @WorcesterSharks
#WorSharks send Kyle Bigos, Chris Crane, and JP Anderson to @SFBulls. Update roster HERE: http://www.sharksahl.com/assets/team...%2010.1.13.pdf

I do wonder how long it'll be before Bigos forces the WorSharks to give him a shot.


Last edited by sr228: 10-01-2013 at 12:43 PM.
sr228 is offline  
Old
10-01-2013, 05:00 PM
  #417
VP and GM
Ack! Thbbft!
 
VP and GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: at home
Country: United States
Posts: 5,741
vCash: 500
now that the roster is set, how are they looking as a team?

can they make the playoffs?

VP and GM is offline  
Old
10-01-2013, 05:06 PM
  #418
sr228
Registered User
 
sr228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
now that the roster is set, how are they looking as a team?

can they make the playoffs?
I don't think the roster is completely set yet, if Pelech doesn't go to SJ I have to think they'll send him to Worcester before their season starts.

I'm also not sure how long Hamilton (or Nieto) will be in SJ either.

The WorSharks have a roster that should compete for a playoff spot, however, a whole lot of that is going to depend on how Sommer runs his bench - so I guess my answer to the playoff questions is who knows. I think I'll have better idea of what kind of team they're going to be in mid-November.

sr228 is offline  
Old
10-01-2013, 05:13 PM
  #419
VP and GM
Ack! Thbbft!
 
VP and GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: at home
Country: United States
Posts: 5,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
I don't think the roster is completely set yet, if Pelech doesn't go to SJ I have to think they'll send him to Worcester before their season starts.

I'm also not sure how long Hamilton (or Nieto) will be in SJ either.

The WorSharks have a roster that should compete for a playoff spot, however, a whole lot of that is going to depend on how Sommer runs his bench - so I guess my answer to the playoff questions is who knows. I think I'll have better idea of what kind of team they're going to be in mid-November.
Understand.

Pelech is not a player that's a "difference maker" at the AHL level, He's on the way to the Bulls, what to play forward.

Hamilton and Neito will in in SJ till Torres and Havlat are back i expect. I'm sure both will get about half a season with the W Sharks unless one of them burns it up of we have additional injuries.

Sounds like the head office has a renewed emphasis on no more late season let downs and trying to make the playoffs. I hope this is true and it can light a fire under Summers ass.

VP and GM is offline  
Old
10-01-2013, 05:22 PM
  #420
sr228
Registered User
 
sr228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
Understand.

Pelech is not a player that's a "difference maker" at the AHL level, He's on the way to the Bulls, what to play forward.

Hamilton and Neito will in in SJ till Torres and Havlat are back i expect. I'm sure both will get about half a season with the W Sharks unless one of them burns it up of we have additional injuries.

Sounds like the head office has a renewed emphasis on no more late season let downs and trying to make the playoffs. I hope this is true and it can light a fire under Summers ass.
Pelech is actually a pretty effective AHLer...

I'm not as confident as most about Nieto sticking around the NHL for most of the season and someone (likely Hamilton) will be returned to Worcester when Burish is ready to play, but ya, my hope is that Will sticks to his word as well.

sr228 is offline  
Old
10-01-2013, 05:51 PM
  #421
VP and GM
Ack! Thbbft!
 
VP and GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: at home
Country: United States
Posts: 5,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
Pelech is actually a pretty effective AHLer...

I'm not as confident as most about Nieto sticking around the NHL for most of the season and someone (likely Hamilton) will be returned to Worcester when Burish is ready to play, but ya, my hope is that Will sticks to his word as well.
I don't understand why Pelech was assigned to the Bulls?? Any ideas here? Is there some kind of roster limit at the AHL level they are up against...

VP and GM is offline  
Old
10-01-2013, 05:54 PM
  #422
sr228
Registered User
 
sr228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
I don't understand why Pelech was assigned to the Bulls?? Any ideas here? Is there some kind of roster limit at the AHL level they are up against...
My guess is that he's there if the Sharks need a 13th forward, I can't imagine he'll stay in SF for long - that wasn't an assignment based on play, more logistics.

sr228 is offline  
Old
10-01-2013, 05:57 PM
  #423
VP and GM
Ack! Thbbft!
 
VP and GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: at home
Country: United States
Posts: 5,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
My guess is that he's there if the Sharks need a 13th forward, I can't imagine he'll stay in SF for long - that wasn't an assignment based on play, more logistics.
Is/has he been groomed as the enforcer? I can see this, can't really see him as a 13th forward on skill/talent, am i wrong here?

VP and GM is offline  
Old
10-01-2013, 06:49 PM
  #424
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
I don't understand why Pelech was assigned to the Bulls?? Any ideas here? Is there some kind of roster limit at the AHL level they are up against...
To save him two cross country flights. There's no way he would have accepted an ECHL assignment without being 100% sure he was heading back to San Jose very, very soon.

And just as an FYI, there are no roster limitations in the AHL. The only limits are on game rosters concerning the number of developmental players that have to be dressed per game.

210 is offline  
Old
10-01-2013, 06:50 PM
  #425
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
Is/has he been groomed as the enforcer? I can see this, can't really see him as a 13th forward on skill/talent, am i wrong here?
He will never play in the NHL based solely on his hockey ability.

210 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.